BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 108 of 126 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 125 126
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This year 1 "A" private school played a local public 2 days after tryouts and it was agreed to be played as a scrimmage. Private won by only 1 goal and then listed it as a game on website and league site. BS is right as if they would of lost the agreed scrimmage would not have been counted advertised by school as a win.....
Why did the public school report it as an official game on CountySportsZone?
Just because scores are reported on CSZ does not make it official. Some scrimmage scores are posted there as well. Go to the MPSSAA site if you want official records.

Relax people...it's tourney season. Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know it's club tourney time but with so many vacancies in the IAAM and the need to get coaches in place early, has anyone heard anything?

GCS - Chrissy Adair is taking over for PW.

GFS - I haven't seen any announcement from them. And I think she informed them early in the season she was leaving.

McD - MHN is taking over for TC. I heard they are looking for an OC. Have they found one?

St M - This was sudden from what I was told by a friend in Annapolis. Are there any good candidates?

And does anyone know for sure if Gerstell (or any other teams) were officially moved to the B conference?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Balt Sun all metro first and second team will be announced tomorrow. You ready?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got the popcorn ready for the board to blow up regardless of the choice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will blow up for the same reason it did about the Banner POTY. Public versus IAAM. It really is hard to compare players between the two. Different rules. Difference in strength of opponents. Depth of talent on a players team.

In the end, I'm sure every girl selected will be deserving. I'm sure all will be high D1 caliber players. The hardest locks will be goalie and defenders as usual. A great defender is often underappreciated or even noticed. An average goalie can look great when they have a great defense in front of them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will blow up for the same reason it did about the Banner POTY. Public versus IAAM. It really is hard to compare players between the two. Different rules. Difference in strength of opponents. Depth of talent on a players team.

In the end, I'm sure every girl selected will be deserving. I'm sure all will be high D1 caliber players. The hardest locks will be goalie and defenders as usual. A great defender is often underappreciated or even noticed. An average goalie can look great when they have a great defense in front of them.

So for the most part the guesses were right on POY and COY. I was actually surprised to see the LHS coach get co-coach of the year with Cummings. But overall I think the sun got both POY and COY right. Congratulations to all the 1st and 2nd team All met honors players as well. Well deserved for all of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Not many surprises and all deserved the recognition. I didn't agree with one of the selections on the 2nd team but I'm sure everyone will find fault with a few.

It's interesting that the Sun flip flopped what the The Banner did for POY and COTY. I think it would have been good to have co players and coaches ... one private and one public for each. It's just too hard to directly compare them unless one is far and away a clear choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also interesting the Liberty coach got co-COY when he didn't get the Carroll County Times COY, being both are owned by the same company and largely have the same staff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also interesting the Liberty coach got co-COY when he didn't get the Carroll County Times COY, being both are owned by the same company and largely have the same staff.
Maybe they knew he was getting it for All Metro so they gave the CC nod to the MV coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any way we can see who’s on the teams without buying a subscription?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the Towson Times come out with a list? It seems all of the other locals have their choices!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Metro picks for both 1st and 2nd team seemed legit. Some really talented girls in this area....we are pretty spoiled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any way we can see who’s on the teams without buying a subscription?
Open the article on a different computer. Should be able to get a few free articles on the Sun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Good. Co-POY right thing to do since several others would have scored 100+ goals and controlled 100+ draws for Man Valley with that schedule (lefty attack freshman for Maryvale, as one clear example).[/quote]"

Lefty freshman didn't make any team. She sure wouldn't win POY. Cant see a freshman winning anything no matter how good she is. Could she have won? Maybe but no way a freshman is getting it. Kind of shocked she didn't make any team considering how well she did this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question about gcs. I have a potential incoming student and looking at privates and this school makes most geographic sense for us. What is the outlook for this team given they’re graduating a large portion of their class? Any real insight or info is appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question about gcs. I have a potential incoming student and looking at privates and this school makes most geographic sense for us. What is the outlook for this team given they’re graduating a large portion of their class? Any real insight or info is appreciated.

New Coach this year. They did not have enough girls for a JV last year and are graduating a large senior class, many of whom were major contributors. So it seems likely they won't have enough for a JV again next year.

Results wise, expect them to be no higher than 4 behind McD, SPSG, and MV. They have some talent in the starters but that's not nearly enough to compete with the top teams anymore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New Coach this year. They did not have enough girls for a JV last year and are graduating a large senior class, many of whom were major contributors. So it seems likely they won't have enough for a JV again next year.

Results wise, expect them to be no higher than 4 behind McD, SPSG, and MV. They have some talent in the starters but that's not nearly enough to compete with the top teams anymore.

So question is what happens after next year? Are they actively recruiting girls? Right now there’s only a handful of 25s and 26s according to their website roster…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't guide your daughter to a school based on lax. It's a big mistake and you'll almost certainly regret it. All recruiting takes place at her club. If HS school lax works out for her, great, but consider it icing on the cake. HS lax is a different beast. It's WAY more political than club, insane parents, worse play than club especially at defense(ignore anyone who says otherwise), and generally poor coaching, no matter where you go. Have her pick a school on academics and anything else non-lax that might be important like friends and commute.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So question is what happens after next year? Are they actively recruiting girls? Right now there’s only a handful of 25s and 26s according to their website roster…

So that should tell you all you need to know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't guide your daughter to a school based on lax. It's a big mistake and you'll almost certainly regret it. All recruiting takes place at her club. If HS school lax works out for her, great, but consider it icing on the cake. HS lax is a different beast. It's WAY more political than club, insane parents, worse play than club especially at defense(ignore anyone who says otherwise), and generally poor coaching, no matter where you go. Have her pick a school on academics and anything else non-lax that might be important like friends and commute.

Totally agree with all this and am considering private not bc of lax but athletics is a factor for her so it is part of our decision making. We don’t want to get her into a situation where a sport folds if that’s part of her desire during her hs years…
So is that what would/could happen at gcs? If so, this is part of our decision making in where she goes to school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the decision making being based on more than lacrosse/ sports

But worse play?

and

Generally worse coaching?
Many club coaches are HS coaches

What makes club coaches better?
Just curious at your statement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Totally agree with all this and am considering private not bc of lax but athletics is a factor for her so it is part of our decision making. We don’t want to get her into a situation where a sport folds if that’s part of her desire during her hs years…
So is that what would/could happen at gcs? If so, this is part of our decision making in where she goes to school.

I don't think it would fold but it would not be competitive after next year. There should be enough bodies to fill a varsity team, but talent wise they would struggle. And that is not to say those 25s and 26s all stay; I could see some transferring especially if this upcoming year is not good

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the decision making being based on more than lacrosse/ sports

But worse play?

and

Generally worse coaching?
Many club coaches are HS coaches

What makes club coaches better?
Just curious at your statement

Yeah, depends on HS, but most have reputable coaches, esp if talking IAAM.

Now if you are on a top-5 club team, yes, you'll prob see worse talent on HS team but a lot of girls on solid clubs will see better than in HS teams, given its four years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best thing you can do that resort to this forum is call the new coach and have a conversation about what she is doing to bring in players. She herself is a wealth of information in regards to the program and where it is headed, more so than an anonymous forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best thing you can do that resort to this forum is call the new coach and have a conversation about what she is doing to bring in players. She herself is a wealth of information in regards to the program and where it is headed, more so than an anonymous forum.
The coach is obviously going to tell them how strong the program is and all of the newcomers coming in. While there is plenty of trolling going on around here, the truth of the matter is GCS is in BIG trouble. They only have SEVEN girls below 2024 and NO JV team. I'd be seriously concerned (current players and potential future).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach is obviously going to tell them how strong the program is and all of the newcomers coming in. While there is plenty of trolling going on around here, the truth of the matter is GCS is in BIG trouble. They only have SEVEN girls below 2024 and NO JV team. I'd be seriously concerned (current players and potential future).
How do you know what she will say? Have you talked to her? Do you know her AT ALL? Doubt it. To the OP, make a call, ask the Coach the tough questions about the program, instead of listening to anonymous posters who have no clue about the person she is, the program she is going to attempt to build, the recruiting she is doing, nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know what she will say? Have you talked to her? Do you know her AT ALL? Doubt it. To the OP, make a call, ask the Coach the tough questions about the program, instead of listening to anonymous posters who have no clue about the person she is, the program she is going to attempt to build, the recruiting she is doing, nothing.

I know she's NOT going to say the future of the team is bleak...
That said, the kid stands to get a lot of playing time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know she's NOT going to say the future of the team is bleak...
That said, the kid stands to get a lot of playing time!
I bet your wife secretly dislikes you, if she hasn't left you yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do high school seniors play in the fall ? Since they don't play club tournaments in the fall is there a league or non club tournaments ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do high school seniors play in the fall ? Since they don't play club tournaments in the fall is there a league or non club tournaments ?
Committed tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check out your local clubs to see who is sponsoring college pick-up games where your daughter can keep improving her game and possibly meet players on her soon-to-be college team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed tournaments

committed tournaments such as ????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Committed tournaments

committed tournaments such as ????
I don't know of any commitment tournaments in the Fall, summer yes. My daughter trained in the Fall...there were no "games" to play in.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Our 2024 team is playing in Presidents Cup and one other tournament this Fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

With her Club team? What 2024 is playing in the Fall? And who are they playing?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Every one of her teammates on her 2024 club team are playing this fall. All but 2 are committed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every one of her teammates on her 2024 club team are playing this fall. All but 2 are committed.
I guess things have changed...when my daughter entered her Senior yr of HS, club was done..they finished that Summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gerstell is being moved to the B conference this year. They did not win any games in A conference this season due to multiple injuries and primary freshman and sophomore starters considering the small roster. Not saying they are a top A contender. Lots of talent in that conference! However, there will be little to no competition in B conference for them. They won handily against undefeated B conference champions St Johns 16-5. If they are looking to make the A conference smaller, may need to move a few teams down to get some stronger competition in B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gerstell is being moved to the B conference this year. They did not win any games in A conference this season due to multiple injuries and primary freshman and sophomore starters considering the small roster. Not saying they are a top A contender. Lots of talent in that conference! However, there will be little to no competition in B conference for them. They won handily against undefeated B conference champions St Johns 16-5. If they are looking to make the A conference smaller, may need to move a few teams down to get some stronger competition in B.

Is this a surprise? They didn't win an A conference game for 2 full years. Mercy was just elevated and won 3(?) games this year. Gerstell didn't have a JV and barely had any subs for the game I watched. I'm sure they aren't happy about his and they should roll through the B division. I don't think it's about trimming the size of the A conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm curious if Gerstell for sure got moved down. If they did, that means the A conference teams can schedule one more out of conference game. I'm sure the coaches know by now and are working to add another game to what they had already.

Like Reply Quote
Page 108 of 126 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 125 126
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard