Originally Posted by Anonymous
Serious question about gcs. I have a potential incoming student and looking at privates and this school makes most geographic sense for us. What is the outlook for this team given they’re graduating a large portion of their class? Any real insight or info is appreciated.
Don't guide your daughter to a school based on lax. It's a big mistake and you'll almost certainly regret it. All recruiting takes place at her club. If HS school lax works out for her, great, but consider it icing on the cake. HS lax is a different beast. It's WAY more political than club, insane parents, worse play than club especially at defense(ignore anyone who says otherwise), and generally poor coaching, no matter where you go. Have her pick a school on academics and anything else non-lax that might be important like friends and commute.

Totally agree with all this and am considering private not bc of lax but athletics is a factor for her so it is part of our decision making. We don’t want to get her into a situation where a sport folds if that’s part of her desire during her hs years…
So is that what would/could happen at gcs? If so, this is part of our decision making in where she goes to school.

I don't think it would fold but it would not be competitive after next year. There should be enough bodies to fill a varsity team, but talent wise they would struggle. And that is not to say those 25s and 26s all stay; I could see some transferring especially if this upcoming year is not good