BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,305
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 81 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coppermine coaches coming to the defense like they do on all these forums. I don’t blame them but own the reputation you’ve created.

Yup, if people only knew what goes on.
Heard from a little fly on the wall there will be some defections from the Copp team. Must [Censored] to only be a supporting player to a couple of others. Surprised it took this long for them to smell the roses and look elsewhere. Guess we'll see come tryouts in July.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not at the game and don't have a 2028, but I'll add the dropping the head to get a card seems to be a new and growing thing. I see it at all levels including HS. Flopping has always been around some, but it's definitely getting worse. It's a very hard game to ref, but the lax ref guidance needs to come down hard on it. They need to issue automatic cards for a clear and obvious flop. Right now, there is no downside to flopping. You can flop after 9 bad shots and they can all be obvious and not get called, but then flop one more time and the ref has a bad angle and you get the call.

The problem won't stop until refs starting giving cards for diving/flopping. It was an officiating point of emphasis in New York this year. Hope it catches on everywhere.
The problem won't stop until the coaches stop teaching it. don't blame the refs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine coaches coming to the defense like they do on all these forums. I don’t blame them but own the reputation you’ve created.

Heard from a little fly on the wall there will be some defections from the Copp team. Must [Censored] to only be a supporting player to a couple of others. Surprised it took this long for them to smell the roses and look elsewhere. Guess we'll see come tryouts in July.

If they want to get recruited they will leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not at the game and don't have a 2028, but I'll add the dropping the head to get a card seems to be a new and growing thing. I see it at all levels including HS. Flopping has always been around some, but it's definitely getting worse. It's a very hard game to ref, but the lax ref guidance needs to come down hard on it. They need to issue automatic cards for a clear and obvious flop. Right now, there is no downside to flopping. You can flop after 9 bad shots and they can all be obvious and not get called, but then flop one more time and the ref has a bad angle and you get the call.

The problem won't stop until refs starting giving cards for diving/flopping. It was an officiating point of emphasis in New York this year. Hope it catches on everywhere.
The problem won't stop until the coaches stop teaching it. don't blame the refs

Absolutely blame the refs, they can insensitive it or deter it. Mom
And Dads can see the flop and intentional lowering to draw a stick to head from 50 yds, the ref can too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo! 4 already signed up for M&D tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of this is true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't wait to see how much lower these dudes go. Just keep spewing detest on 7th grade girls. Bunch of real winners. Keep it coming Rob.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of this is true.

This board really needs to be shut down. Lies and annonymous pot stirring. Not 1 thing of benefit here. Parents trying to break teams apart to get a t shirt. My biggest wish is that programs would make parents drop the players off and leave. Games too! The kids would have so much more fun and parents wouldn’t ruin a good thing by voicing their worthless opinions. I stand by myself so I can watch and not be distracted by the lies and misconception coming from the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The star players will be recruited regardless of where they play. It's the second tier of players, kids who have D1 skills, but aren't good enough to play for a top 20 team that really need support from their club in recruiting.

It's those kids who probably need to think about going to a club with a better reputation.

Ultimately, we don't know if Coppermine will be able to achieve recruiting results similar to the other big MD clubs. And we won't know until fall 2026 when the 28s get formally recruited. So there will be healthy chatter on this board for another 3 years.

My guess is the the stars on Coppermine will get solid offers, but middle tier kids probably will end up a bit disappointed. And Coppermine will leverage this success to really attract better talent for 2031 and beyond.

Clearly lots will change in the next few years, but I anticipate this debate going on for quite some time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s amazing (but not surprising) that no one on here can simply admit Coppermine is a great team. They’ve won nearly every game over the last two seasons and get nothing but detest. “They flop, they cheat, the coaches are horrible, their parents are the worst, they only have two players, etc”. Seems to me they’re a pretty darn good team with great chemistry & good leadership on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s amazing (but not surprising) that no one on here can simply admit Coppermine is a great team. They’ve won nearly every game over the last two seasons and get nothing but detest. “They flop, they cheat, the coaches are horrible, their parents are the worst, they only have two players, etc”. Seems to me they’re a pretty darn good team with great chemistry & good leadership on the sidelines.
Whatever you say coach…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever you say coach…
Whether it’s the coach or not, everything the poster said is accurate.
-an M&D parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it true that Coppermine is a great team with great chemistry? Yes

Is it true that they have players that flop and it is frustrating that the refs and coaches don’t try to correct it? Yes

Is it true that the top players on Coppermine will be highly recruited? Yes

Is it true that if your daughter plays less than 10 minutes in big games you should be considering other options to a club that has a more established recruiting history? Yes

In high school teams should be more concerned with showcasing their players to college coaches rather than winning. Tough for a team like Coppermine (and even more so Crush with 0 recruiting history) because if playing girls equally means more losses they will not be in top brackets. Crush needs to figure out a way to get in top recruiting tournaments or I can’t imagine how they convince everyone to stay.

For people trying to stir the pot saying girls are leaving I think most people hope girls stay as it is nice having 5 teams that consistently give each other competitive games. We are getting closer to high school though and families have to do what’s best for their daughter depending on what their lax goals are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, nice try. Just a parent who’s glad my daughter is getting to experience what it’s like to be on a championship team & is leaning from coaches that want to win but that also realize these are middle school girls. They don’t scream at or micromanage our kids like some other teams out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such petty, sore losers.

Coppermine is by far the best team in the Mid-Atlantic and deserve the success they have earned. They haven't lost to a Mid-Atlantic opponent in over a year now...(since M&D caught them in the last NGLL Mid-Atlantic championship). That's really impressive.

Not a Coppermine parent, coach, or booster. But a parent on a good team that has lost to them twice this 22-23 season by more than 5 goals. Rock solid team and they certainly didn't flop--or need to--in my experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, nice try. Just a parent who’s glad my daughter is getting to experience what it’s like to be on a championship team & is leaning from coaches that want to win but that also realize these are middle school girls. They don’t scream at or micromanage our kids like some other teams out there.

Chasing championships in middle school! Well done Dad. You probably still talk about your peewee football days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does NGLL schedule get released? Tourney machine??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine will be fine with helping girls find great schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such petty, sore losers.

Coppermine is by far the best team in the Mid-Atlantic and deserve the success they have earned. They haven't lost to a Mid-Atlantic opponent in over a year now...(since M&D caught them in the last NGLL Mid-Atlantic championship). That's really impressive.

Not a Coppermine parent, coach, or booster. But a parent on a good team that has lost to them twice this 22-23 season by more than 5 goals. Rock solid team and they certainly didn't flop--or need to--in my experience.

Two things can be true, they have the most talent, some fantastic playmakers, but also flop a ton and its a shame but hopefully refs start to educate and make that change so we don't ruin a great product. Obviously Coppermine 28 not only team that does that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions? Who will win the national 2028 championship? Coppermine? Eagle Stix? NY team? Other? Rooting for Coppermine to bring it back to Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum is so toxic. The fact that an adult/parent would spread lies about 7th grade lacrosse on here like they have is unfathomable. They need to require a login with your name instead of anonymous posting. Guaranteed that would change how people behave on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions? Who will win the national 2028 championship? Coppermine? Eagle Stix? NY team? Other? Rooting for Coppermine to bring it back to Maryland.
Rooting for Jesters or Eagle Stix.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This forum is so toxic. The fact that an adult/parent would spread lies about 7th grade lacrosse on here like they have is unfathomable. They need to require a login with your name instead of anonymous posting. Guaranteed that would change how people behave on here.
Point out the lies if you are so offended? List them. I'll wait.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you can start, post your name on your comments. Start a trend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then why didn't you create an account with your name and make this post?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lie #1: Coppermine players intentionally flop
Lie#2: Coppermine Coaches teach players in practice to flop
Lie#3: 4 Players signing up for M&D tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably because they didn't make up any unfounded lies or attack anyone. If you are going to make up lies about a team regarding flopping drills in practice, nonexistent infighting on the team, players signing up for tryouts on other teams you should at least be credible. Anonymity is not credible. You are not credible. You have low self esteem and probably depend on your kid to accomplish more than you have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rooting for Jesters or Eagle Stix.

Coppermine and EagleStix in separate pools so likely they will meet in the finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The anonymity provided by online forums can embolden individuals to engage in behaviors they wouldn't in face-to-face interactions. The lack of direct consequences or accountability for their actions may contribute to parents behaving inappropriately and resorting to bullying behavior. Oftentimes this behavior is enhanced by the drive to feel importance and relevance that they do not have in their personal lives. In many cases this leads to abuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In some cases, parents may project their own insecurities or frustrations onto others. They may use bullying as a means to deflect attention from their own perceived inadequacies or to boost their own self-esteem by belittling or attacking other parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% rooting for Coppermine.

They will have only one tough game (LI Jesters black; ranked #7) before the Championship with the other division winner, which will almost certainly be Eagle Stix. They play a 28/29 team and one called "Lakeshore".

Predict they will win the final by 2 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you not be rooting for Coppermine. One would assume you would want the team that represents your region to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anonymity can foster a more open and honest discussion environment. Without the pressure of revealing your real identity, you may feel more comfortable expressing unpopular opinions, asking sensitive questions, or sharing personal stories that you might otherwise hesitate to disclose.
Anonymity can help mitigate biases based on factors such as gender, race, age, or social status. When your real identity is concealed, others are more likely to focus on the content of your post rather than making judgments based on preconceived notions or stereotypes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More truths than lies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cool! the sensitivity counselor has entered the chat. Go google some more word salad to justify your attacks on the better team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine 2028 Black is the team to beat. End of story. Stop being salty because your daughters lost to them. Find a way to beat them at their own game, or zip up. You will be really miserable at the college level if this is what you’re complaining about now. College is filled with dramatics, every team, every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More truths than lies

Why would girls / families leave the best team for a weaker team. Don’t say recruiting either. Coppermine will be fine helping top players get recruited. Coaches find lots of good players that don’t wear M&D jerseys. Coppermine plays a fast physical style that’s better than M&D at that age too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine players don’t flop? Anyone who watches one of their games can see it. Go to YouTube and search.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine players don’t flop? Anyone who watches one of their games can see it. Go to YouTube and search.
SO WHAT?! It’s part of the game! Go watch any college game!! College coaches teach dramatics, including flopping!!! Did you watch any of the games today? Get over it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More truths than lies

Why would girls / families leave the best team for a weaker team. Don’t say recruiting either. Coppermine will be fine helping top players get recruited. Coaches find lots of good players that don’t wear M&D jerseys. Coppermine plays a fast physical style that’s better than M&D at that age too.

At what age? Recruiting age? As is like 2024 and 25?

Like Reply Quote
Page 43 of 81 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard