BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,566
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 86 of 112 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The bigger question is where is the "major talent" coming from they speak of? Players from M7D, Hero's or MDU are not coming to SW unless they get cut. And that means they are not major talent. Otherwise, I don't see a lot of high end talent on other lower tier teams.

Not saying SW (or any team) cannot improve. But the 27 team is never getting anywhere close to the top 2 or 3 teams.

And Hero's is done with tryouts at this point (not to say they may not try to add, but probably done with letting girls go).

Lots of quality players on M&D B and HG that can probably play significant minutes if they go to nems, Coppermine or SWB
I would not hold your breath on Heros not letting people go. The bottom of the roster should be concerned.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bigger question is where is the "major talent" coming from they speak of? Players from M7D, Hero's or MDU are not coming to SW unless they get cut. And that means they are not major talent. Otherwise, I don't see a lot of high end talent on other lower tier teams.

Not saying SW (or any team) cannot improve. But the 27 team is never getting anywhere close to the top 2 or 3 teams.

And Hero's is done with tryouts at this point (not to say they may not try to add, but probably done with letting girls go).

Lots of quality players on M&D B and HG that can probably play significant minutes if they go to nems, Coppermine or SWB
I would not hold your breath on Heros not letting people go. The bottom of the roster should be concerned.

Agreed. Will be curious where the star Middie on hero’s white goes. In a different class compared to rest of the team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd be shocked if any girls are "cut" from Hero's Green. Maybe they leave on their own, but I highly doubt anyone will be cut.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd be shocked if any girls are "cut" from Hero's Green. Maybe they leave on their own, but I highly doubt anyone will be cut.

Not many girls get "cut" after high school, they just stop getting playing time and get the message. Worst case, you are "advised" to switch to the B team to get more playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not many girls get "cut" after high school, they just stop getting playing time and get the message. Worst case, you are "advised" to switch to the B team to get more playing time.

May be a dense question but I have no prior experience with this- how will be there be so much movement the year if current players don’t get cut this year or does HS mean next summer? I understand the DC, MD & VA girls going to Capital since they don’t start until HS. But what about out of state girls playing during HS Summer Tournaments I read about or SW picking up top kids from other teams that I read about? Or is it just back filling girls that quit lacrosse in HS?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

May be a dense question but I have no prior experience with this- how will be there be so much movement the year if current players don’t get cut this year or does HS mean next summer? I understand the DC, MD & VA girls going to Capital since they don’t start until HS. But what about out of state girls playing during HS Summer Tournaments I read about or SW picking up top kids from other teams that I read about? Or is it just back filling girls that quit lacrosse in HS?

Each club is different. Hero's generally stops open tryouts when the girls are entering high school. Doesn't mean girls won't leave or be added, but generally aren't cut or moved down. M&D and SW generally have tryouts for girls still in HS. The rest of the clubs are a crapshoot. M&D and SW will probably add an out of state girl or two and some may be moved down to B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Historically the summer before 8th grade is the biggest movement summer for the top clubs and the summer before 9th grade for the next tier of clubs. A couple clubs like Heros don't even have formal tryouts.

Lots of the movement is driven by girls at the bottom of the roster who really don't play looking for a team where they can get more playing time.

Really don't know what this summer will bring. BLC has never had a team close to this talented and they will all need landing spots.

There likely will be some out of state girls moving east, however probably less than years past. As other posters have pointed out, Long Island clubs have been going after out of state players much more aggressively recently and the quality of play outside the east has increased and there are more nationally competitive teams from the west, south and midwest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were a few teams who took a step back in 2022-2023. M&D Shore being one of them, having bad it to the Semi-finals in 2022 but didn't make the 8 team playoff spot.

NEMS obviously too.

Coppermine keeps hanging around. In fact, they've never had a losing record in NGLL. Wonder if they add talent in off season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were a few teams who took a step back in 2022-2023. M&D Shore being one of them, having bad it to the Semi-finals in 2022 but didn't make the 8 team playoff spot.

NEMS obviously too.

Coppermine keeps hanging around. In fact, they've never had a losing record in NGLL. Wonder if they add talent in off season?

The only issue with Coppermine is that they have no recruiting track record so to speak. If I was looking to go to another team to help get me recruited, Coppermine would not be at the top of my list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEMS obviously too.

The only issue with Coppermine is that they have no recruiting track record so to speak. If I was looking to go to another team to help get me recruited, Coppermine would not be at the top of my list.

This here. Coppermine would not be a club I'd go to for trying to get recruited.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEMS obviously too.

This here. Coppermine would not be a club I'd go to for trying to get recruited.

That's the critical question. Would a player leave M&D Red or Hero's White for Coppermine? That will determine how much Coppermine can improve.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoff Predictions

M&D v Stars (1v8)...M&D -14
M&D machine starts revving up about this time of the year. Look for a quick and decisive game to be well over before halftime. I don't see a scenario where M&D pulls off the dogs. As they need to stay sharp for the tougher upcoming playoffs.

Hero's Green v Hero's White (2v7)...Green -8
White is well coached. And have a couple of really talented players. But Green athleticism is too much and they too start kicking in high gear around this time. White plays it close for a while. But not enough to keep it close for 2 halves.

BLC v Coppermine (3v6)....BLC -7
Look for BLC to get up quickly on Coppermine...then fall back into the defensive scheme they are known for. I can see a 10-2 or 10-3 type game. BLC is hard to come back on. But props to Coppermine. They beat the teams they needed to beat, even though most pundits counted them out. Earning a 6 seed for a team most people never believed in should be commended.

Pride v MDU (4v5 in either order)....MDU -1.5
MDU beat Pride in week 1 by 2 goals. But that was just foreshadowing how both teams seasons would go. Both teams tend to play close games regardless of competition. Which can be a head scratcher. I would expect another close game and wouldn't be surprised if Pride won. I just have a feeling MDU has things running a little smoother. And will pull it out in the last 5 minutes. This is the best game of the weekend by far.

Regardless of the outcome. Getting though this gauntlet is really the toughest part of the whole NGLL season. Mid-Atlantic offers the best competition. And by far the toughest road to make it to the National Tournament. Other regions have 2 or 3 teams battling over 1 weekend to go to the tournament in NC. Mid-Atlantic makes you earn it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Hero's and everyone else"...laughable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NEMS obviously too.

That's the critical question. Would a player leave M&D Red or Hero's White for Coppermine? That will determine how much Coppermine can improve.

Good players get recruited from many clubs. You think red and white get the same attention that their top teams get ? No because they aren’t at the same talent level. Imo it’s better to be on a top team only if you can compete in the top bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wanted to give a quick shoutout to Coppermine. Even though they lost, played a great game against BLC today.

One of the most disciplined defenses out there. Wouldn't at all be surprised if they are able to shock a top 15 team at some point this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoff Predictions

M&D machine starts revving up about this time of the year. Look for a quick and decisive game to be well over before halftime. I don't see a scenario where M&D pulls off the dogs. As they need to stay sharp for the tougher upcoming playoffs.

White is well coached. And have a couple of really talented players. But Green athleticism is too much and they too start kicking in high gear around this time. White plays it close for a while. But not enough to keep it close for 2 halves.

Look for BLC to get up quickly on Coppermine...then fall back into the defensive scheme they are known for. I can see a 10-2 or 10-3 type game. BLC is hard to come back on. But props to Coppermine. They beat the teams they needed to beat, even though most pundits counted them out. Earning a 6 seed for a team most people never believed in should be commended.

MDU beat Pride in week 1 by 2 goals. But that was just foreshadowing how both teams seasons would go. Both teams tend to play close games regardless of competition. Which can be a head scratcher. I would expect another close game and wouldn't be surprised if Pride won. I just have a feeling MDU has things running a little smoother. And will pull it out in the last 5 minutes. This is the best game of the weekend by far.

Regardless of the outcome. Getting though this gauntlet is really the toughest part of the whole NGLL season. Mid-Atlantic offers the best competition. And by far the toughest road to make it to the National Tournament. Other regions have 2 or 3 teams battling over 1 weekend to go to the tournament in NC. Mid-Atlantic makes you earn it.

Right on target with 3 of the 4 with the exception being BLC & Coppermine. That game was much closer than expected and came down to the last seconds when BLC held off a couple of shots by Coppermine to win by 1. Congratulations to both teams on an exciting game as well to the other games today. Looking forward to next weekend’s predictions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you better off being on an elite "A" team and barely play or be a top player on "B" team and get lots of field time?

Personally, I would rather play and compete on the field then ride the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you better off being on an elite "A" team and barely play or be a top player on "B" team and get lots of field time?

You get better practicing and playing against better players. If you're a top player on a B team....which is at the 27 age poorly played lacrosse, then how are you getting better?

The worst players on Hero's and M&D are going to get better looks than anyone on a B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoff Predictions

Right on target with 3 of the 4 with the exception being BLC & Coppermine. That game was much closer than expected and came down to the last seconds when BLC held off a couple of shots by Coppermine to win by 1. Congratulations to both teams on an exciting game as well to the other games today. Looking forward to next weekend’s predictions.

I'm probably 95% for the year. I'll give my locks later this week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definite B team. Against a team playing in lower brackets, absolutely, but vs a second tier A team, its debatable.

A backup at M&D will develop better than the star of HoCo or Check-Hers, but maybe not as much as a starter at MD United or Integrity who plays 90% of every game.

Also, in a typical year, M&D Red and Hero's White will send over half its roster D1 (though rarely top 25). Most B team are lucky to send 2 or 3. And if they do, its because of their performance at camps, not in games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha.You’re funny. It must be from the camps and not the starting and playing in every game and being a leader on the field. But sitting the bench in every game/tournament is the way to go. Sounds fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You get better practicing and playing against better players. If you're a top player on a B team....which is at the 27 age poorly played lacrosse, then how are you getting better?

The worst players on Hero's and M&D are going to get better looks than anyone on a B team

It isn't all about "getting looks", I would rather my daughter play the majority of game, have fun and contribute instead of being a cheerleader on the sidelines but tell people I am on the "A team".

Kids want to play, parents want to watch their kids play and if "getting looks" means the player has to go to showcases, camps, etc so be it.

It is not all about playing in college...you will see a TON of girls commit D1 and quit in the first year or two. They own you for minimal money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha.You’re funny. It must be from the camps and not the starting and playing in every game and being a leader on the field. But sitting the bench in every game/tournament is the way to go. Sounds fun.

You think D1 coaches are going to watch M&D Red games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have more D1 commits than 95% of all clubs teams in the country.

So, Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they will. M&D red 24 has 14 girls committed right now to a D1 school. Sw white and Heros white has some too. But hey keep thinking being number 20 on the A team will get you play time at a top D1 school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they will. M&D red 24 has 14 girls committed right now to a D1 school. Sw white and Heros white has some too. But hey keep thinking being number 20 on the A team will get you play time at a top D1 school.

It's all relative to what an "A" team is.

There are 18 teams playing A in NGLL. at least 9-10 of them are B teams. A couple at the bottom are downright dreadful. There are a lot of "B" teams that are glorified rec teams.

That's the problem. Rec has been destroyed by everyone wanting to say their kid plays "club". It's obviously about the money.

But hey, instead of paying 200 for rec and having fun, let's pay 3000 and get destroyed. Because maybe some coach from a fringe school will notice your daughter in a terrible B tournament which should be a rec play day.

Good luck.

Every kid deserves to have fun and enjoy the game. But let's be realistic about who is getting noticed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think D1 coaches are going to watch M&D Red games?[/quote]

my daughter played for red so i can answer this ..... yes there were plenty of D1 coaches at their games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my daughter played for red so i can answer this ..... yes there were plenty of D1 coaches at their games[/quote]

Honest question here- are M&D Red and SW White today still as relevant in the 27’s & down as they were for the older ages? I thought the older teams still played in the A Division back then while now they play in the B Division against Rec Club Teams. Having more teams now playing in the A Division definitely waters it down but is it also watering down M&D Red and SW White? I saw some SW White 25 and M&D Red 25 games last fall and there were less College Coaches at those games than other lower A teams. Thoughts? Each kids needs to find the team that best suits their level of commitment & play but does the Club name alone still guarantee the best recruiting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d like to give a shout out to the jack hole male coach on the sideline of the HG vs. HW game on Saturday. Leading the rehearsed celebration dances when the score is 12-2 is pathetic. It’s gross in general but while playing your “sister” team? What a Mickey Mouse production.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Charlotte North didn't start playing lax until she was in 7th grade.

My point, she probably wouldn't have made a "B" team at the time.

Stop crapping on B and C teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

my daughter played for red so i can answer this ..... yes there were plenty of D1 coaches at their games

Honest question here- are M&D Red and SW White today still as relevant in the 27’s & down as they were for the older ages? I thought the older teams still played in the A Division back then while now they play in the B Division against Rec Club Teams. Having more teams now playing in the A Division definitely waters it down but is it also watering down M&D Red and SW White? I saw some SW White 25 and M&D Red 25 games last fall and there were less College Coaches at those games than other lower A teams. Thoughts? Each kids needs to find the team that best suits their level of commitment & play but does the Club name alone still guarantee the best recruiting?[/quote]

M&D Red, Heros White and to a lesser degree SW White are still very relavant to recruiters. they usualy play in top 4 brackets in major tourneys, get lots of exposure and majority of team (but not all) will end up D1 or NESCAC.

One thing to be aware of though. is that these teams have massive turnover between 8th and 10th grade. A lot of girls who played on these teams during middle school (especially SW White and M&D Red), just aren't good enough when it comes to high school. They tend to attrack a lot of girls who are stars of B level teams like TLC, HoCo, Check-Hers, Uproar, who aren't good enough to make the top team, but are still D1 prospects and better than existing players. They will even get some girls from lower level A teams like Coppermine (historically) and NEMS who just want more exposure.

If you aren't a star of one of these top tier B teams now, you should be very worried about your roster spot after this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d like to give a shout out to the jack hole male coach on the sideline of the HG vs. HW game on Saturday. Leading the rehearsed celebration dances when the score is 12-2 is pathetic. It’s gross in general but while playing your “sister” team? What a Mickey Mouse production.

It's Hero's. Do you expect anything less?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Charlotte North didn't start playing lax until she was in 7th grade.

My point, she probably wouldn't have made a "B" team at the time.

Stop crapping on B and C teams.

She’s an outlier because of her incredible athleticism and stick skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You talking HG coach? What do you mean “leading”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in the fight, but was at the Hero’s vs Hero’s game. The score was never 12-2, at any point in the game. Until the second half it was actually very close. Whatever this commenter stated did not happen. Again, no dog in the fight, but let’s be fair when we comment.

In terms of Coppermine and all the recent comments. If your daughter is looking for a great team that can compete at the highest level, this would be a team on my radar. They earned respect this season and should continue to grow and compete throughout HS.

I believe your kid should play on the best team they have the ability to make and contribute regularly on the field. Don’t buy into “you get better with practice only”. If you’re not playing, girls get burned out and dejected. Everyone wants to play, no one wants to ride the pine, so put your ego aside and steer your daughter to a team / program they get to play in games. Obviously location and team culture are important as well. And in terms of recruiting, lots of players playing at the highest levels from all local programs.

If we didn’t have a good fit ourselves, Coppermine would be a serious contender. Congrats to them on a great season.

(Not a Coppermine parent)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very interested to see how BLC going away affects the local scene in terms of ranking. Pride obviously will lose kids too but they are a very solid team at moment, especially offensively.
The Coppermine vs SW market is going to be one to watch. SW just not taking that leap, Coppermine won't go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very interested to see how BLC going away affects the local scene in terms of ranking. Pride obviously will lose kids too but they are a very solid team at moment, especially offensively.
The Coppermine vs SW market is going to be one to watch. SW just not taking that leap, Coppermine won't go away.

Lots of new girls have been showing up at SW, including a few from BLC and Stars.

Also they are expecting more from other elite programs.

Skywalkers will be fine, 1/4 of the current roster will likely turnover.

I think Coppermine is a really well coached and efficient team, they have been impressive and exceeded expectations

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the 27's. Capital becomes the relevant newcomer. SW and Coppermine are what they are and will be. SW will probably get better because of the reputation and recruiting history. Coppermine will continue to be a good solid lower tier A team. But for 27's, M&D and Hero's are dramatically better today and for the next 3 years than any other Maryland based teams. Coppermine nor SW will put a dent in that. Actually, I would say Hero's White could potentially make the biggest leap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No dog in the fight, but was at the Hero’s vs Hero’s game. The score was never 12-2, at any point in the game. Until the second half it was actually very close. Whatever this commenter stated did not happen. Again, no dog in the fight, but let’s be fair when we comment.

You're right...it was probably 12-4 when they broke away in the second half. Does that make it better?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of new girls have been showing up at SW, including a few from BLC and Stars.

Also they are expecting more from other elite programs.

Skywalkers will be fine, 1/4 of the current roster will likely turnover.

I think Coppermine is a really well coached and efficient team, they have been impressive and exceeded expectations

Likely more than a quarter. Probably only 2 or 3 defenders will still be on team next year.

Page 86 of 112 1 2 84 85 86 87 88 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard