BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,540
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 25 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 24 25
Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BS with the game winner. 😳

Honestly why post this. You must have a dislike for her. She is a good player who did not have her best tournament during the ACC and honestly not her best offensive year. Would still take her on my daughters team in a second. To the poster who thinks all these posts are just about tearing young women down I assume you think all these lists that these young women make are all about tearing the others down. Some of these players were hyped to unachievable levels and it seems to me that sometimes these "experts " continue to hype the same players so they dont look foolish .I think BS will have a huge year next year as she will become more of the focus on offense.

Not the OP, but pretty sure the OP posted that because she stepped up big in a big game maybe?? How are you reading that and think anyone is disparaging her??? She literally had the game winning goal in the ACC championship.

I think if people post every time she does something good you will have people come on here and bash her and I can almost guarantee she does not want some fan boy coming on here all the time putting her name out there.Really not a difficult concept. Also game winning goal most times is a nonsense stat ,many times the first goal of the game is given credit as the game winner .Shots on goal is another one that makes little sense, shooting percentage sure but shots on goal who cares.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly why post this. You must have a dislike for her. She is a good player who did not have her best tournament during the ACC and honestly not her best offensive year. Would still take her on my daughters team in a second. To the poster who thinks all these posts are just about tearing young women down I assume you think all these lists that these young women make are all about tearing the others down. Some of these players were hyped to unachievable levels and it seems to me that sometimes these "experts " continue to hype the same players so they dont look foolish .I think BS will have a huge year next year as she will become more of the focus on offense.

Not the OP, but pretty sure the OP posted that because she stepped up big in a big game maybe?? How are you reading that and think anyone is disparaging her??? She literally had the game winning goal in the ACC championship.

I think if people post every time she does something good you will have people come on here and bash her and I can almost guarantee she does not want some fan boy coming on here all the time putting her name out there.Really not a difficult concept. Also game winning goal most times is a nonsense stat ,many times the first goal of the game is given credit as the game winner .Shots on goal is another one that makes little sense, shooting percentage sure but shots on goal who cares.

They’ve been doing that for the last year. And they are also well aware of your advice. Where have you been.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for the game winning stat. Yes. At the end of the year the stat is worthless. If you win 21-2 whoever scored the go ahead goal gets the stat. Wasn’t how it was used in this case. Maybe you missed the game. But felt compelled to comment like most people on this board acts. Looks at a box score and comments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC finding their grove at the right time, beautiful to see.
All the haters, with daughters that can’t compete, loved watching them lose a few games early…go back and read some of the obtuse comments. Lol
Love watching the BC girls play true team lacrosse, from offense to defense to the pipes to the coaching.
Stop hating and enjoy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for the game winning stat. Yes. At the end of the year the stat is worthless. If you win 21-2 whoever scored the go ahead goal gets the stat. Wasn’t how it was used in this case. Maybe you missed the game. But felt compelled to comment like most people on this board acts. Looks at a box score and comments.

Yes I watched the game and did not feel her goal was any bigger than most that came before it or the one after it . As far as where have I been not on this site fan boying or bashing some player . Amazes me so many of you want to bash players while an equal number of you get all upset if people have an opinion that a certain player ( not necessarily BS) is over rated .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll – May 1

Northwestern stayed locked in the No. 1 spot, while the rest of the Top 5 had some significant movement in the wake of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) Tournament results.

Boston College topped North Carolina, 11-9, in the championship game on Sunday afternoon, as the Eagles won the program’s first ACC Championship title.

Syracuse fell to North Carolina in the ACC Semifinals, falling to No. 4 as a result, while Denver —which won the Big East regular season — dropped two spots into the fifth position by no fault of its own.

The ILWomen/IWLCA Poll will be unveiled Mondays throughout the season. It is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Prev

1 Northwestern (15 - 1) 498 (18) 1
2 Boston College (16 - 3) 480 (2) 4
3 North Carolina (14 - 4) 443 6
4 Syracuse (16 - 2) 435 2
5 Denver (17 - 0) 434 3
6 James Madison (16 - 1) 409 5
7 Notre Dame (13 - 5) 369 7
8 Florida (14 - 3) 354 8
9 Loyola (15 - 2) 344 9
10 Maryland (13 - 5) 309 12
11 Stony Brook (12 - 3) 301 10
12 Virginia (11 - 6) 291 11
13 UMass (15 - 1) 252 13
14 Penn (11 - 4) 234 14
15 Army (14 - 2) 200 15
16 Michigan (11 - 6) 185 19
17 USC (14 - 3) 141 20
18 Johns Hopkins (8 - 8) 119 16
19 Marquette (15 - 2) 118 24
20 Clemson (12 - 6) 112 17
21 Penn State (11 - 6) 110 18
22 Richmond (14 - 3) 97 21
23 Rutgers (8 - 8) 69 NR
24 UConn (11 - 5) 65 23
25 Navy (13 - 5) 37 25
RV Yale, Drexel, Jacksonville, Virginia Tech, Stanford,

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll – May 1

As most teams concluded their regular seasons this weekend, the top three teams stayed put, with No. 1 West Chester earning 12 first-place votes and No. 2 Pace earning six.

Florida Southern dropped two spots into the No. 6 position, after losing their season finale to No. 3 Tampa, 17-16 on Sunday. As a result of the Mocs’ movement, UIndy and Le Moyne bumped ahead into the fourth and fifth spots, respectively.

The ILWomen/IWLCA Poll will be unveiled Mondays throughout the season. It is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Prev

1 West Chester (17 - 0) 444 (12) 1
2 Pace (15 - 1) 438 (6) 2
3 Tampa (17 - 2) 414 3
4 UIndy (17 - 2) 374 5
5 Le Moyne (15 - 2) 370 6
6 Florida Southern (16 - 3) 366 4
7 Regis (CO) (15 - 1) 327 7
8 Wingate (16 - 2) 298 9
8 Rollins (15 - 3) 298 8
10 Flagler (17 - 1) 287 10
11 Maryville (17 - 2) 266 11
12 Adelphi (11 - 5) 254 12
13 Embry-Riddle (13 - 5) 228 14
14 Grand Valley (14 - 4) 197 16
15 East Stroudsburg (13 - 4) 183 13
16 Bentley (10 - 6) 177 15
17 Saint Anselm (12 - 4) 169 17
18 New Haven (11 - 6) 166 19
19 Lynn (12 - 6) 146 18
20 Mercy (11 - 6) 101 20
21 Assumption (9 - 7) 81 21
22 Seton Hill (14 - 3) 71 22
23 Kutztown (12 - 4) 46 NR
24 Colorado Mesa (10 - 5) 45 24
25 Saint Leo (10 - 7) 42 23
RV Mount Olive, Newberry, Southern New Hampshire, Lander, Northern Mich.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll – May 1

Middlebury concluded its regular season unbeaten, earning the No. 1 ranking once again.

Washington and Lee and William Smith kept No. 2 and No. 3 rankings, respectively, while Salisbury dropped to No. 5. Wesleyan jumped to the fourth spot.

Aside from that swap, the majority of teams stayed put in their respective positions from last week.

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 Middlebury (16 - 0) 575 (23) 1
2 Washington and Lee (16 - 1) 547 2
3 William Smith (16 - 0) 532 3
4 Wesleyan (14 - 2) 494 5
5 Salisbury (12 - 3) 492 4
6 TCNJ (13 - 3) 451 6
7 Tufts (13 - 3) 437 7
8 Gettysburg (14 - 3) 425 8
9 York (14 - 3) 379 9
10 Franklin & Marshall (13 - 4) 370 10
11 Messiah (14 - 2) 338 11
12 Colby (12 - 4) 326 12
13 Trinity (CT) (11 - 5) 297 13
14 Amherst (9 - 6) 252 14
15 Williams (10 - 6) 238 15
16 Roanoke (14 - 2) 217 16
17 Chicago (14 - 2) 212 17
18 Pomona-Pitzer (17 - 1) 195 18
19 St. John Fisher (14 - 2) 159 20
20 Cortland (13 - 3) 152 19
21 Kenyon (16 - 0) 126 21
22 MIT (15 - 2) 65 25
23 Stevens (15 - 2) 45 23
24 Bowdoin (6 - 10) 42 24
25 Ithaca (10 - 7) 35 22
RV Christopher Newport, Hamilton, Haverford, Claremont-Mudd-Scripps, George Fox

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION I

Offensive Player of the Week

Ellie Masera – Stony Brook University

Masera led the No. 10 Seawolves to their first Colonial Athletic Association regular season title after taking down Hofstra University, 18-6, last Friday. She recorded career-highs in assists (4), points (9), and caused turnovers (5) to go along with her five goals in the match. She also matched her season-high in draw controls (10) and leads the CAA in goals, points, and draw controls per game. This Thursday, the Seawolves will compete in the CAA Tournament in Towson, Md. as the No. 1 seed and will face the No. 4 seeded University of Delaware in the semifinals.

Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Carolyn Carrera – University of Vermont

Carrera’s six caused turnovers in Vermont’s 13-5 win over UMass Lowell gave her 56 total on the season, setting the America East Conference single-season record, AE conference play record, and UVM single-season record. Third-seeded Vermont will face No. 2 Binghamton University in the America East Semifinals this Thursday in Albany, New York.

Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Sam Thacker – University of Denver

Thacker tied a career high with six caused turnovers in No. 3 Denver’s 12-5 win over No. 24 Marquette University, helping the Pioneers to the Big East regular-season championship. The six caused turnovers were tied for the seventh-most in a game in program history and two shy of the record (8). Thacker’s defensive efforts, along with her teammates, held MU's NCAA third-ranked offense to its lowest goal output of the season and the first time in single digits all year long. The senior defender currently leads the team with 45 caused turnovers, is second with 42 ground balls, and is tied for third with 29 draw controls. The Pioneers stretched their winning streak to 17 games, tied for the longest in program history, and remain the only undefeated program in Division I. As the No. 1 seed, Denver will face fourth-seeded Villanova University in the semifinals of the Big East Conference Tournament this Friday.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION II

Lindsay Monigle – West Chester University

Monigle helped No. 1 West Chester cap an undefeated regular season with six goals and 10 assists in two victories last week. Monigle scored once and registered five assists in the team's final home game against Kutztown University last Wednesday. She topped that off with five goals and five assists in the season finale at Millersville University on Saturday. Monigle's 10 points against the Marauders tied her single-game career high. At Millersville, she fueled a five-goal spurt at the end of the first quarter, scoring three times and assisting on another. The Golden Rams have earned a bye into the semifinals of the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference Championship and will await their opponent from the quarterfinals this afternoon.

Defensive Player of the Week

Paige Crandall – Le Moyne College

Crandall registered a 7.43 goals against average, 20 saves, and a .606 save percentage in No. 6 Le Moyne's 2-0 week. She made seven saves (against five goals) in 45:00 minutes of play in a 20-9 win over Southern Connecticut State on Wednesday. She tallied a season-high 13 saves in a 15-8 victory over No. 25 Southern New Hampshire University on Saturday. The second-seeded Dolphins take on No. 7 seed Assumption University this afternoon in the quarterfinal round of the Northeast 10 Conference Championship.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION III

Emily Willms – Otterbein University

This past week, Willms broke two program records for draw controls (206) and all-time points (226). She led all players with five goals in Otterbein’s 12-11 win over Ohio Northern University and followed up with another five-goal performance in the 12-7 Ohio Athletic Conference quarterfinal win over Marietta College, where she became the Cardinal’s new all-time scoring leader. She added one assist to each matchup and totaled eight draw controls between the two games. The Cardinals take on Mount Union in tomorrow night's OAC Semifinal.

Defensive Player of the Week

Mindy St. Marie – Keene State College

St. Marie was named the Little East Conference Defensive Player of the Week after totaling 10 ground balls and eight caused turnovers, to go with six goals, four assists and 10 draw controls in a 2-0 week for the Owls, leading them to the No. 4 seed in this week’s conference tournament. She caused four turnovers while tallying seven ground balls, four draw controls, two goals and two assists in a 16-9 win at UMass-Dartmouth before notching six draw controls, four caused turnovers, three ground balls, four goals and two assists in a 17-1 triumph over Rhode Island College. The Owls secured the No. 4 seed in the LEC tournament and will host No. 5 Eastern Connecticut State University in tonight’s quarterfinal round.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to the announcement of the seedlings for the tourney. It will be interesting how the committee handles some teams records vs RPI.

Does anybody know if Rhatigan from NW was hurt the first few games? She doesn’t appear in the box score in SU and BC games. This kid is a great player scoring 3 to 6 goals a a game. Very fast as well. She is a game changer for NW. She played great in MD game.

Should be a great tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to the announcement of the seedlings for the tourney. It will be interesting how the committee handles some teams records vs RPI.

Does anybody know if Rhatigan from NW was hurt the first few games? She doesn’t appear in the box score in SU and BC games. This kid is a great player scoring 3 to 6 goals a a game. Very fast as well. She is a game changer for NW. She played great in MD game.

Should be a great tourney.

Interesting looking at the RPI just out. Lots of teams that were ranked low last year much better up the rankings. One or two really surprises low.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop whining

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. She was out the first four games. Totally different offense with her especially in transition

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. She was out the first four games. Totally different offense with her especially in transition
Was she out or just did not play , the announcer in one of the game’s essential said she just did not get in but has now been moved into the line up . Either way she seems to be a weapon for them .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree totally different team with her athletic/natural ability. Was she injured for those first four games? Interesting to see if SU and BC scores would be different early in year if she was playing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Belle smith ACC middie of the year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Belle smith ACC middie of the year!

That wasn't me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well deserved; way to go Belle!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you a college coach or just a parent using this forum as your anonymous microphone? The answer to that question is obvious because If you were a college coach you would know that the player of the year awards for every position is decided by the coaches voting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you a college coach or just a parent using this forum as your anonymous microphone? The answer to that question is obvious because If you were a college coach you would know that the player of the year awards for every position is decided by the coaches voting.

Actually not true , each conference has their own rules as to the selection process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a shout out to all of the LI Ladies (that do not play for your favorite top teams because they actually wanted to play and not ride the bench), who had tremendous seasons in their conferences!!

There are many reasons athletes don’t choose top lacrosse programs. Kudos to them for making a difference in their programs, having a great academic, lacrosse and social balance.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Do we like the brackets?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
I’ll make some quarter final guesses:

Northwestern vs Penn St
Syracuse vs JMU
North Carolina vs Denver
BC vs ND

Not too bold, I know.

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Quarter picks

NW over Stony Brook
Syracuse over Maryland
Florida over BC
UNC over UVA

Finals

NW over Syracuse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a shout out to all of the LI Ladies (that do not play for your favorite top teams because they actually wanted to play and not ride the bench), who had tremendous seasons in their conferences!!

There are many reasons athletes don’t choose top lacrosse programs. Kudos to them for making a difference in their programs, having a great academic, lacrosse and social balance.

So true. That’s what it’s about. I tell my daughter you’re nuts wanting to go to a top 15 team and not play. Go top 25-50, school you love and where you are going to play from year one.
She didn’t listen. But she still enjoys it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The odds of Florida getting by ND and then beating BC is less than 10 percent in my opinion. Florida had a hard time with ECU in their conference semi final game. They are a bit of an inconsistent team that relies on a few top scorers - that makes themMn easy to game plan for. They would be out gunned and out coached from the opening whistle in my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true. That’s what it’s about. I tell my daughter you’re nuts wanting to go to a top 15 team and not play. Go top 25-50, school you love and where you are going to play from year one.

To each her own.

I will choose to give a shout out to all the players who have the courage to challenge themselves, to the players who believe in themselves and their ability. I will shout out to the players who want to compete against the best, to the players that know that the reward comes from the daily effort, grind and process.

I will shout out to all who are willing to lay it all on the line each and every day even if they do not see the field on game day. I give my shout out to all who face adversity and never quit, to the ones who support their teammates and work hard each day in practice to help prepare the team for the game. I will give my shout out to all who play for the women next to them, to the players who believe in being part of something larger than themselves.

I will leave you with the following quote to meditate on:

"I judge you unfortunate because you have never lived through misfortune. You have passed through life without an opponent - no one can know what you are capable of, not even you."

- Seneca

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To each her own.

I will choose to give a shout out to all the players who have the courage to challenge themselves, to the players who believe in themselves and their ability. I will shout out to the players who want to compete against the best, to the players that know that the reward comes from the daily effort, grind and process.

I will shout out to all who are willing to lay it all on the line each and every day even if they do not see the field on game day. I give my shout out to all who face adversity and never quit, to the ones who support their teammates and work hard each day in practice to help prepare the team for the game. I will give my shout out to all who play for the women next to them, to the players who believe in being part of something larger than themselves.

"I judge you unfortunate because you have never lived through misfortune. You have passed through life without an opponent - no one can know what you are capable of, not even you."

- Seneca

LOL how do you know what you are capable of if sitting on the bench? You know not of misfortune?? Kudo to the big fish in the pond that can elevate that team to compete with the best. To the fish that is laying the foundation to being something bigger than themselves by creating something? There are different ways of slicing it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To each her own.

- Seneca

Not the original poster but you probably have no friends.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To each her own.

- Seneca

Think you missed the point of the post. Congrats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To each her own.

- Seneca

LOL how do you know what you are capable of if sitting on the bench? You know not of misfortune?? Kudo to the big fish in the pond that can elevate that team to compete with the best. To the fish that is laying the foundation to being something bigger than themselves by creating something? There are different ways of slicing it.

Ahh yes, the big fish in the small pond, also known as The Queen of
Mediocracy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To each her own.

- Seneca

I wonder how your daughters teammates feal about your selfish and arrogant attitude? Do they know how you look down upon them? Does your daughter hold her teammates in distain as well? Did you pass your attitude along? How would her teammates feel if they knew how little you thought of them? You know, the girls who sit on the bench and cheer your daughter on. Pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This guy so reminds me of a parent on my daughters team. Without giving him up he was a D1 goalie. Worst father I’ve ever seen in 10 years of club. God help one of the girls drop a ball. Well this will give it up. Coming from a guy who in a very very important game turned the ball over for an empty net goal to send it to overtime you would think he had a little more humility. Unfortunately his team picked him up. I bet it’s him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To each her own.

- Seneca

Ahh yes, the big fish in the small pond, also known as The Queen of
Mediocracy.

OK , this officially jumped the shark with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To each her own.

- Seneca

Think you missed the point of the post. Congrats.

Looks to me like the point was intended to bash the young women at the top programs who do not get much game time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to all the girls that play in college regardless of how competitive their teams are and their amount of playing time. No offense but the original poster was insulting to the players that go to the better lacrosse programs and dont see as much playing time as they would like. There is no choice that is the right or wrong choice for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The odds of Florida getting by ND and then beating BC is less than 10 percent in my opinion. Florida had a hard time with ECU in their conference semi final game. They are a bit of an inconsistent team that relies on a few top scorers - that makes themMn easy to game plan for. They would be out gunned and out coached from the opening whistle in my opinion.
ND is the same, relies on the 3 players to win games. BC face guarded one in the ACC semi's and ND looked lost. only scored 4 goals for the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND is the same, relies on the 3 players to win games. BC face guarded one in the ACC semi's and ND looked lost. only scored 4 goals for the game

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 25 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard