BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 180 of 260 1 2 178 179 180 181 182 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ADMINS,
FIX THE HIGH SCHOOL THREAD!!
error message for a week!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No more posts until this weekend about Madlax.

They have Hawks and Madlax back to back. We'll know exactly where they stand Sunday afternoon.

The 3 wins may get them through to the playoffs. crabs have only one wins left. They are toast.

True still has the Hawks and Madlax. Two games they could lose and still make the playoffs.

Depending on which True team shows up, True could easily lose all 3 of their final games—including to BLC. At this point, they should just go all-in with the fly-in scheme and let the chips fall. Would be more fair to Crabs and NL who are still in the playoff hunt. But I suppose consistency for the sake of fair competition is too much to ask of these people.

I'm not a fan of Crabs or Next Level, but it doesn't seem right that in a league where one loss makes a massive difference in terms of who makes the playoffs, that they played an entirely different version of True than other teams played.
I would agree with this, assuming the two versions are dramatically different. Did true not fly in the kids from out of town for the other games?

I don't want to be too harsh on T91, but it's hard to fathom that 91's only win of the season came against the same or a substantially similar True National squad to the one that beat Crabs and NL. But welcome any True parents brave enough to poke their heads up and comment on this budding HOCO superpower.
Team 91 is actually pretty physics and big, both sides of the ball. I’m not a 91 dad, just saying… they will give everyone a tough time going forward as they continue to develop their sticks, and gain experience. They are absolutely capable of beating the bottom half of Elite. And in another year or two, they could be competitive up top as well.

They have Hawks and Madlax back to back. We'll know exactly where they stand Sunday afternoon.

The 3 wins may get them through to the playoffs. crabs have only one wins left. They are toast.

True still has the Hawks and Madlax. Two games they could lose and still make the playoffs.

Depending on which True team shows up, True could easily lose all 3 of their final games—including to BLC. At this point, they should just go all-in with the fly-in scheme and let the chips fall. Would be more fair to Crabs and NL who are still in the playoff hunt. But I suppose consistency for the sake of fair competition is too much to ask of these people.

I'm not a fan of Crabs or Next Level, but it doesn't seem right that in a league where one loss makes a massive difference in terms of who makes the playoffs, that they played an entirely different version of True than other teams played.
I would agree with this, assuming the two versions are dramatically different. Did true not fly in the kids from out of town for the other games?

I don't want to be too harsh on T91, but it's hard to fathom that 91's only win of the season came against the same or a substantially similar True National squad to the one that beat Crabs and NL. But welcome any True parents brave enough to poke their heads up and comment on this budding HOCO superpower.
Team 91 is actually pretty physics and big, both sides of the ball. I’m not a 91 dad, just saying… they will give everyone a tough time going forward as they continue to develop their sticks, and gain experience. They are absolutely capable of beating the bottom half of Elite. And in another year or two, they could be competitive up top as well.

Most elite teams, including 91, will have nearly complete roster turnover in the summers before 9th and 10th grade. And the current 91 starters left Kelly Post because it was nothing BUT stick skills, so don't anticipate growth there, either. They'll be on FCA White or Predators soon enough.

Newsflash - crabs isn’t that much better than 91.
I’m sure this pains you.

It's pretty well accepted that there's a fair amount of parity between the bottom of Elite and the top of AA teams. As you said, the only ones to dispute this are parents of kids at the bottom of Elite.

Agree, and related point, there is a lot of parity between individual players on the bottom third of the roster of elite teams (and maybe even the middle third) and lower division teams' starters. If your seventh grader is on an elite division team but he not one of the 6-8 players who dominates at his position, he is pretty interchangeable with starters on the AAA teams. And even worse, if he is on an elite team but hardly ever plays in games due to a bloated roster or the True model, then his self-esteem and enjoyment of the game is DEFINITELY lower than the starters on the lower division teams. But hopefully your own self esteem for having an "elite" level player makes up for that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, there have been “fly-ins.” Kids that have participated vary depending on their availability. No hold backs/reclasses from any of those kids. The kid from Nevada is 12. HoCo is legit and it’s been a pleasure competing with everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, there have been “fly-ins.” Kids that have participated vary depending on their availability. No hold backs/reclasses from any of those kids. The kid from Nevada is 12. HoCo is legit and it’s been a pleasure competing with everyone.

Nobody is complaining about the age the True players. The problem is assembling a different roster week to week, pulled from a national pool of players from Maryland to Nevada. I am glad you think that HoCo is legit, and it has been in the past, but your team is causing some people to think otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody is complaining about the age the True players. The problem is assembling a different roster week to week, pulled from a national pool of players from Maryland to Nevada. I am glad you think that HoCo is legit, and it has been in the past, but your team is causing some people to think otherwise.
I rather play kids from out of town that are on age than a whole team of holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard to scout a team when you have a different team week from week.

It's part of the game these days, good practice for almost high schoolers.

Just call it True National won't ya

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most elite teams, including 91, will have nearly complete roster turnover in the summers before 9th and 10th grade. And the current 91 starters left Kelly Post because it was nothing BUT stick skills, so don't anticipate growth there, either. They'll be on FCA White or Predators soon enough.

I’m sure this pains you.

It's pretty well accepted that there's a fair amount of parity between the bottom of Elite and the top of AA teams. As you said, the only ones to dispute this are parents of kids at the bottom of Elite.

Agree, and related point, there is a lot of parity between individual players on the bottom third of the roster of elite teams (and maybe even the middle third) and lower division teams' starters. If your seventh grader is on an elite division team but he not one of the 6-8 players who dominates at his position, he is pretty interchangeable with starters on the AAA teams. And even worse, if he is on an elite team but hardly ever plays in games due to a bloated roster or the True model, then his self-esteem and enjoyment of the game is DEFINITELY lower than the starters on the lower division teams. But hopefully your own self esteem for having an "elite" level player makes up for that!

Or maybe some kids like being on teams with their friends and have sufficiently healthy home lives so they don't depend on HOCO game minutes for their sense of self worth?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bulk of True Chesapeake are “local” kids, with a pool of “fly-ins. The “assembling” of a different roster week to week again varies with availability. Not sure how this affects the legitimacy of the league. If anything, it further supports the widely known premise that the best lacrosse IS played in Maryland and arguably the best Spring Lacrosse league in the country is HoCo. Every team in Elite is ranked in the top 30. To me it’s a National level league/competition and as such should and does draw the best talent. We’re grateful for the opportunity. As the results can attest, True by no means is running anyone over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A maybe better way of putting the above point, on the current teams in elite based on my eye test in seeing lacrosse for a long time as a parent and player, about the following number of kids have D-1 athleticism and potential:

Hawks: 8-10
FCA: 6-8
Crabs: 4-5
Madlax: 5-6
Next Level: 7-9 (problem for them is they are overwhelmingly on the defensive side so they have trouble scoring)
91: 1-2
BLC: 0-2
True: not a stable roster

Outside of these kids, the players in elite are pretty interchangeable among teams in this division and the better AAA teams and mostly are just playing for fun and for playing time in HS on non-power MIAA/WCAC/IAC teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids are on the roster for true?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure this pains you.[/quote]

It's pretty well accepted that there's a fair amount of parity between the bottom of Elite and the top of AA teams. As you said, the only ones to dispute this are parents of kids at the bottom of Elite.[/quote]

Agree, and related point, there is a lot of parity between individual players on the bottom third of the roster of elite teams (and maybe even the middle third) and lower division teams' starters. If your seventh grader is on an elite division team but he not one of the 6-8 players who dominates at his position, he is pretty interchangeable with starters on the AAA teams. And even worse, if he is on an elite team but hardly ever plays in games due to a bloated roster or the True model, then his self-esteem and enjoyment of the game is DEFINITELY lower than the starters on the lower division teams. But hopefully your own self esteem for having an "elite" level player makes up for that![/quote]

Or maybe some kids like being on teams with their friends and have sufficiently healthy home lives so they don't depend on HOCO game minutes for their sense of self worth?[/quote]

Nice try. There is no point for a seventh grader being on a team where he is not getting to play.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A maybe better way of putting the above point, on the current teams in elite based on my eye test in seeing lacrosse for a long time as a parent and player, about the following number of kids have D-1 athleticism and potential:

Next Level: 7-9 (problem for them is they are overwhelmingly on the defensive side so they have trouble scoring)

Outside of these kids, the players in elite are pretty interchangeable among teams in this division and the better AAA teams and mostly are just playing for fun and for playing time in HS on non-power MIAA/WCAC/IAC teams.

Your count of great players per team looks about accurate, but you are wrong to correlate 7th grade greatness to D1 likelihood. As the Dad of boys in the 2025 and 2026 class, I have witnessed many of the 7th grade stars of 2-3 year ago have faded by 9th and 10th grade, and conversely many players who would not have made your list of "D1 athleticism and potential" back then are definitely in that category today. And, it goes without saying, many of the best players are not going to be on the same teams in 2-3 years. In the DC region, the strongest Madlax players will migrate to Next Level, for the same reasons they did in the 2024, 2026, and 2027 classes. And, Crabs 2028 will become an all star team of the other Baltimore teams' current 2027 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Posts like this really make me wish botc wasn’t anonymous.

Would love to know who the pitchfork is who feels comfortable projecting D1 potential across a few hundred seventh graders in the league.

Worthless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to know who the pitchfork is who feels comfortable projecting D1 potential across a few hundred seventh graders in the league.

Worthless.
Agree....what a dense comment. Your kid peaked way too early. There's probably 15-20 elite players not on elite teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bulk of True Chesapeake are “local” kids, with a pool of “fly-ins. The “assembling” of a different roster week to week again varies with availability. Not sure how this affects the legitimacy of the league. If anything, it further supports the widely known premise that the best lacrosse IS played in Maryland and arguably the best Spring Lacrosse league in the country is HoCo. Every team in Elite is ranked in the top 30. To me it’s a National level league/competition and as such should and does draw the best talent. We’re grateful for the opportunity. As the results can attest, True by no means is running anyone over.

So if True wins does HOCO have to produce 40 championship hats?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Worthless.

Guessing an NL dad, correlation of "future D1 studs" to "actual team performance in the 7th grade" is way out of whack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure this pains you.

Not true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True got rolled by FCA, and they’ll get rolled by the Hawks and Madlax— with or without fly-ins. Who cares, this thread is getting TIRED.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Next Level dad. This is classic.
So tell me— who in the top 20 of the national 2028 rankings have NL beaten since the end of HoCo last May. That’s almost a year… waiting…. NOT ONE. Have played 40+ games since the end of HoCo and don’t have a single signature win, other than maybe Dukes. But yeah, they have Hawks-like talent. 🤣

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta be one of the densest posts I’ve ever seen on here… and likely a NL dad. Inflated sense of his kid’s team’s prowess

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I rather play kids from out of town that are on age than a whole team of holdbacks.

If you are telling me that every kid on the True roster in Elite is on age, I will take that bet right now. Be very careful calling out holdbacks! Not every kid on that roster is on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gotta be one of the densest posts I’ve ever seen on here… and likely a NL dad. Inflated sense of his kid’s team’s prowess

Agreed, and likely someone who didn't play high school let alone college sports, so didn't see how things actually develop himself.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I’m sure this pains you.

Not true.
NL is falling off they are not good at all the talent is all on the defense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have one large Attackmen that used to play for BLC very good he is a reclass but hes carrying the offense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Offense was way more potent before the big reclass showed up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have one large Attackmen that used to play for BLC very good he is a reclass but hes carrying the offense
He didn’t get off a single shot against Madlax. Their best player is number 8, athletic middie with some speed. Couple other good middies as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didn’t get off a single shot against Madlax. Their best player is number 8, athletic middie with some speed. Couple other good middies as well.

Agreed. NL is not going to be an elite team until they get 4-6 players who can score, and right now they only have 1-2. NL has picked up dominant scorers from MadLax in the 2024, 2026, and 2027 classes, and hopefully they can do the same in the 2028 class. The problem is that MadLax does not have a lot of kids who can score either. The 4-2 game between those teams is telling. Sounds more like a soccer game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a bad game that day most likely wont happen again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Had a bad game that day most likely wont happen again
7th grader has entered the chat room

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure this pains you.

Not true.

Keep cutting those checks to a club where your kid is on the sidelines in practice and on game day. "He's getting elite coaching and exposure compared to VLC and Sidewinders." Riiiiiiight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has True airways arrived at BWI? Expect a roster check this weekend “Chesapeake”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Trues fly-ins work out for them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they roster check True?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched this game. Game was closer than the score, Hawks goalie was outstanding and True tried to rely a bit too much on their big Middie 81. The other mid for True #9 is their best player, should have had more touches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For their sake, I hope they stayed in IL.

If they played, the True MD director will - once again- have a lot of 'splainin' to do about the program's trajectory towards eliteness.

If they stayed in IL, honestly, the same director has some 'splainin to do to the Annapolis parents who continue to be sold a bill of goods.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekend Recap:

Bad weekend in Madlaxland, 0-2 and throttled by FCA and Hawks. Both of those teams playing their 2s and 3s late in 2nd half.

FCA Rolls

Hawks beat True National and Madlax in a double header. Great weekend for them.

Crabs, Next Level, and True fighting for the 4th playoff spot. Next weekend will be interesting!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Whats the latest on this weeks hoco scores
Any upsets?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
0-2 for MadLax. Couldn’t happen to a more deserving group. #47 is a non factor, Cabel is still screaming and the parents are still obnoxious. Embarrassing group honestly.

10-1 at the half vs FCA. 11-4 final vs Hawks. Not even competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs by summer will have best team. Count on it, Several players coming , heard it hear first

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weekend Recap:

Bad weekend in Madlaxland, 0-2 and throttled by FCA and Hawks. Both of those teams playing their 2s and 3s late in 2nd half.

FCA Rolls

Hawks beat True National and Madlax in a double header. Great weekend for them.

Crabs, Next Level, and True fighting for the 4th playoff spot. Next weekend will be interesting!

ML defense exposed. Attack is non-existent. Only threat is the often discussed middie, but stranded on a fading team. Doubt they beat either Crabs or Fly-ins from True. Certainly not as much DC talent across the board with all 3 teams at 2028 as with the 24’s… and by far the most talented is this ML import from Richmond. Coach is still a piece of work.

Like Reply Quote
Page 180 of 260 1 2 178 179 180 181 182 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard