BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,535
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 25 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 24 25
Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll – April 24

No. 1 West Chester earned 17 first-place votes in Week 10 of the ILWomen/IWLCA Division II Poll, while No. 2 Pace earned five.

Tampa stayed put in the third position, while Regis dropped three spots after suffering its first loss of the year to Colorado Mesa on Sunday.

Adelphi also dropped three spots to No. 12, falling to both Le Moyne and Bentley last week.

The ILWomen/IWLCA Poll will be unveiled Mondays throughout the season. It is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 West Chester (15 - 0) 545 (17) 1
2 Pace (13 - 1) 533 (5) 2
3 Tampa (15 - 2) 506 3
4 Florida Southern (15 - 2) 475 5
5 UIndy (15 - 2) 447 6
6 Le Moyne (13 - 2) 434 7
7 Regis (CO) (13 - 1) 426 4
8 Rollins (15 - 2) 376 8
9 Wingate (15 - 2) 362 10
10 Flagler (15 - 1) 331 11
11 Maryville (16 - 1) 323 12
12 Adelphi (9 - 5) 321 9
13 East Stroudsburg (12 - 3) 306 13
14 Embry-Riddle (13 - 4) 252 14
15 Bentley (9 - 5) 238 18
16 Grand Valley (12 - 4) 235 15
17 Saint Anselm (11 - 3) 193 17
18 Lynn (12 - 6) 18 16
19 New Haven (9 - 6) 126 20
20 Mercy (9 - 6) 122 19
21 Assumption (8 - 6) 116 21
22 Seton Hill (13 - 3) 75 23
23 Saint Leo (10 - 7) 52 22
24 Colorado Mesa (9 - 5) 44 NR
25 Southern New Hampshire (9 - 6) 41 24
RV Limestone, Kutztown, Mount Olive, Saint Rose, Alabama Huntsville

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
2023 ILWomen/IWLCA Division III Poll – April 24

Undefeated Middlebury earned the No. 1 ranking for the ninth week in a row, earning all 25 votes. Washington and Lee and William Smith followed in the No. 2 and No. 3 positions, respectively, while Salisbury and Wesleyan both bumped up one to round up the Top 5.

TCNJ fell two spots to No. 6 after dropping an 11-9 game to Salisbury on Saturday, marking the most significant movement inside the Top 25 in Week 9.

The ILWomen/IWLCA Poll will be unveiled Mondays throughout the season. It is voted on jointly by coaches throughout the country and members of the media.

Rank Institution Points (FPV) Last Poll

1 Middlebury (14 - 0) 625 (25) 1
2 Washington and Lee (14 - 1) 595 2
3 William Smith (15 - 0) 576 3
4 Salisbury (11 - 3) 542 5
5 Wesleyan (12 - 2) 511 6
6 TCNJ (12 - 3) 507 4
7 Tufts (11 - 3) 469 7
8 Gettysburg (12 - 3) 466 8
9 York (12 - 3) 425 9
10 Franklin & Marshall (11 - 4) 393 10
11 Messiah (12 - 2) 370 11
12 Colby (10 - 4) 352 12
13 Trinity (CT) (10 - 4) 317 13
14 Amherst (9 - 4) 287 14
15 Williams (10 - 4) 285 15
16 Roanoke (14 - 2) 235 16
16 Chicago (12 - 2) 224 17
18 Pomona-Pitzer (14 - 1) 207 18
19 Cortland (12 - 3) 166 19
20 St. John Fisher (12 - 2) 135 22
21 Kenyon (14 - 0) 132 21
22 Ithaca (9 - 6) 77 20
23 Stevens (14 - 1) 70 24
24 Bowdoin (6 - 8) 58 23
25 MIT (14 - 2) 57 25
RV Hamilton, Haverford, Catholic, Christopher Newport, Connecticut college

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION I

Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Belle Smith – Boston College

Smith registered a game and season-high seven points in the No. 5 Eagles' 17-16 come-from-behind win over No. 1 Syracuse, helping the Eagles capture the No. 1 seed in the Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament, the ACC regular season title and handing the Orange their first loss of the season. The junior scored all seven points in the second half, including delivering the game-winning assist to Mckenna Davis with 1:21 left in the game. Smith finished the game with two goals, a season-best five assists, and two draw controls. The Eagles moved to No. 4 in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll and will face No. 9 Duke tomorrow for their ACC opening round.

Allison Reilly – United States Military Academy

Reilly posted 12 points to help No. 16 Army West Point defeat archrival No. 23 United States Naval Academy, 15-11. The nine goals marked a single-game program record as did the 12 points. Army (13-2, 7-1) shifted up to No. 15 in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division I rankings and will close out their regular season with a matchup against Lafayette College this Thursday.

Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Shea Dolce – Boston College

Dolce turned in a solid outing of 12 saves in the 17-16 win over No. 1 Syracuse. The freshman posted a .500 save percentage in the second half, marking her second game of the season with 10 or more stops. Dolce is fifth in the ACC in goals-against average and save percentage.

Co-Defensive Player of the Week

Jenika Cuocco - Drexel University

Cuocco held Hofstra University to four goals in 51 minutes to win her sixth Colonial Athletic Association Rookie of the Week honor, a CAA record. She recorded 12 total saves. The Dragons will take on Monmouth University to close out the regular season this Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION II

Offensive Player of the Week

Helen Bae – Maryville University

Bae helped No. 12 Maryville to a 16-1 regular season record after scoring 10 goals and one assist in the 26-11 win over Rockhurst University. Bae’s goals marked her career high, while also contributing to Maryville’s program high of 26 in the process. She became only the third player in Division II to reach double digits this season, the second in Maryville history to reach double digits in a game. She added nine draw controls, chipped in two ground balls, and tallied one caused turnover as well. Seeded No. 2, the Saints will have another meeting with No. 3 seed Rockhurst in the Great Lakes Valley Conference semifinal this Friday.

Defensive Player of the Week

Ashlee Wargo – Bentley University

Wargo made 10 saves and posted a 55.6 save percentage to help the No. 18 Falcons to a 13-8 road win over No. 9 Adelphi last Tuesday. She also added three ground balls in the win. Wargo then made a season-high 15 saves and had a 53.6 save percentage in a close 13-10 defeat to Le Moyne on Saturday. In the two games, she combined for 25 saves and a 54.3 save percentage. The Falcons shifted up to No. 15 in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division II rankings. This marks Wargo’s second IWLCA Player of the Week honor this season.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
DIVISION III

Offensive Player of the Week

Emma Skoglund – Salisbury University

With Skoglund’s fourth assist on Wednesday against St. Mary's College of Maryland, the graduate attacker tallied the 200th point of her career, becoming just the 10th Sea Gulls player to achieve the milestone in program history. She finished the game with six points on five assists and a goal en route to the 17-5 win. On Saturday against No. 4 The College of New Jersey, Skoglund exploded for a career-high nine points on five goals and four assists to power No. 5 Salisbury past the Lions, 11-9. The Sea Gulls, now ranked No. 4, will have Christopher Newport in the regular season finale on Saturday.

Defensive Player of the Week

Natalie Held – Salisbury University

Held bolstered a backline for Salisbury that held both of its opponents to single-digit goals this past week. On Wednesday against St. Mary's (Md.), Held collected a game-high seven draw controls, caused a game-high three turnovers, and collected three ground balls in the Sea Gulls' 17-5 win. Then on Saturday against No. 4 TCNJ, Held caused two more turnovers and collected two draw controls and a ground ball in the top-five contest.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Sorry for my late weekly updates. I was in Texas watching some great HS girls lacrosse; first in Dallas then Austin. Talking to parents and found many reluctant to send their kids to the Northeast area. The southeast and Florida are preferred areas. Interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I really would love to watch a BC game and not hear CN's name mentioned over and over and over again. Yes, she is a great player, but she is longer a BC player. Give the current team the credit they deserve by not constantly mentioning her.
amen!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really would love to watch a BC game and not hear CN's name mentioned over and over and over again. Yes, she is a great player, but she is longer a BC player. Give the current team the credit they deserve by not constantly mentioning her.
amen!

I 2nd that Amen! Let’s move on, it’s not CNs team anymore. It’s better, because lots of girls are more involved in the wins!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone entered the portal? What was your experience and advice?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Not_Belles_Mommy
And they are wrong anyway. Belle was elected captain as a sophomore in High School. ;-)
Wow , you really are creepy . To know when she was elected captain in high school seems like you are a bit of a creeper Also show me where any one says she was not elected captain in high school so how is anyone wrong. That said she is a very good player , looks like she had a good game first round of the ACC but again not what you would expect from a top midfielder , 3 for 7 on shots with 3 turnovers and a couple draws. Is what it is .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they are wrong anyway. Belle was elected captain as a sophomore in High School. ;-)
Wow , you really are creepy . To know when she was elected captain in high school seems like you are a bit of a creeper Also show me where any one says she was not elected captain in high school so how is anyone wrong. That said she is a very good player , looks like she had a good game first round of the ACC but again not what you would expect from a top midfielder , 3 for 7 on shots with 3 turnovers and a couple draws. Is what it is .

They really need to allow GIFs on these posts. I'm assuming Not Belles Mommy would use the sarcasm over head GIF for that last winner's or whiner's post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Belle Smith – Boston College

Smith registered a game and season-high seven points in the No. 5 Eagles' 17-16 come-from-behind win over No. 1 Syracuse, helping the Eagles capture the No. 1 seed in the Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament, the ACC regular season title and handing the Orange their first loss of the season. The junior scored all seven points in the second half, including delivering the game-winning assist to Mckenna Davis with 1:21 left in the game. Smith finished the game with two goals, a season-best five assists, and two draw controls. The Eagles moved to No. 4 in the latest ILWomen/IWLCA Division I Poll and will face No. 9 Duke tomorrow for their ACC opening round.

But, but, but, she wasn't voted captain on her team. Clowns to the left of me jokers to the right....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come someone please explain the obsession (dislike) of BS??? This is bizarre!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

It originated last year. A couple of posters continued to say she was overrated. I anonymously stuck up for her. One poster said that I was BS’ mom so I made this account.
I then as a joke insinuated that the poster was mad because BS stole her sons prom date. The poster actually insinuated that did happen.

Also the reading comprehend level on BOTC is t that swift. Obviously by the above post calling me a creeper. Obviously it was a joke about her being captain. I figured the wink would give that away. But mom still can’t get past the fact that BS scored more goals than her daughter in high school.

But I do agree with the previous posters. We actually should be booted off BOTC For responding to them. What her not being Captain has to do with being a good lacrosse player is beyond my comprehension. But as the editors keep saying here. Detesters are going to detest.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

They really need to allow GIFs on these posts. I'm assuming Not Belles Mommy would use the sarcasm over head GIF for that last winner's or whiner's post.

Yes. Not too swift that one.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

It originated last year. A couple of posters continued to say she was overrated. I anonymously stuck up for her. One poster said that I was BS’ mom so I made this account.
I then as a joke insinuated that the poster was mad because BS stole her sons prom date. The poster actually insinuated that did happen.

Also the reading comprehend level on BOTC is t that swift. Obviously by the above post calling me a creeper. Obviously it was a joke about her being captain. I figured the wink would give that away. But mom still can’t get past the fact that BS scored more goals than her daughter in high school.

But I do agree with the previous posters. We actually should be booted off BOTC For responding to them. What her not being Captain has to do with being a good lacrosse player is beyond my comprehension. But as the editors keep saying here. Detesters are going to detest.

Typo. Daughter’s prom date.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok let's change the subject until either BS has seven turnovers and the boo birds come back or she has eight points and then Belles Mom can gloat. Cause anyone watching knows shes a top player. Please! Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll move on and change the subject. Does anyone else sense that Syracuse has lost its mojo and is just hanging on? Is NU the best team in the country or does playing in the ultra competitive ACC favor teams like BC, Cuse or UNC to win it all. I think one of those 3 teams wins it all and would give the slight edge to NU. The final NCAA bracket will have an impact. There are several very good teams lurking as spoils in the elite 8 - teams like ND, MD, JMU, Denver etc.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I'll move on and change the subject. Does anyone else sense that Syracuse has lost its mojo and is just hanging on? Is NU the best team in the country or does playing in the ultra competitive ACC favor teams like BC, Cuse or UNC to win it all. I think one of those 3 teams wins it all and would give the slight edge to NU. The final NCAA bracket will have an impact. There are several very good teams lurking as spoils in the elite 8 - teams like ND, MD, JMU, Denver etc.

I like JMU and NU in the final. JMU shocks and wins.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I like JMU and NU in the final. JMU shocks and wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone entered the portal? What was your experience and advice?

I am sure many of the Colgate players will be entering the portal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone access the portal?
Do players already know where they want to go when they enter?
Do coaches goad players into entering?
Are there any behind the scenes deals before entering?
Just how does it work?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just how does it work?

No. Only coaches or athletic department Official.
Many do, especially undergrads. Grad transfers often just enter and see if anyone is interested.
Yes. Usually by being scholarship $$ or tell girls they won't play
Often former club directors will be reach out to school on players behalf. Some clubs will do this and others won't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just how does it work?

Not sure about wlax but tons and tons of behind the close door scenes in football right now. Even women’s basketball had some fugazy stuff after the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC won't drop at all, SB won't drop far, even though they probably should, and MD will drop the most in my opinion (wouldn't be surprised to see them at 15).
UNC will lose to Cuse and probably in the semi of the ACC so come seeding time for the ncaa they may drop out of top 8 . SBU has not beaten any top teams and now has a bad loss they should drop to around 10

It’s a coin flip right now. Would love Syracuse to lose here
But I have a feeling they’ll pull it out.

No chance of Cuse loosing to NC. Cuse a far superior team this year. How about Duke underachieving once again, not making tournament. I’m also interested to see what happens with SB. They really don’t have many good wins.

Far superior is a bit of a stretch... Duke Head Coach is not very good.... this year is no different for SBU as they never really beat any top teams.

UNC won't drop at all, SB won't drop far, even though they probably should, and MD will drop the most in my opinion (wouldn't be surprised to see them at 15).
UNC will lose to Cuse and probably in the semi of the ACC so come seeding time for the ncaa they may drop out of top 8 . SBU has not beaten any top teams and now has a bad loss they should drop to around 10

No chance of Cuse loosing to NC. Cuse a far superior team this year. How about Duke underachieving once again, not making tournament. I’m also interested to see what happens with SB. They really don’t have many good wins.

Far superior is a bit of a stretch... Duke Head Coach is not very good.... this year is no different for SBU as they never really beat any top teams.
Far superior is not a stretch-records proves it. This year they are “healthy” on their offense. Next year they will lose key players & have to see how it pans out. Their draw player was injured & doesn’t seem to have hurt them at allznzch2

Big stretch!

Goalie play was the big difference, Syracuse 15 Saves, UNC 5 saves.

It was a two goal game.... "Far superior" is a foolish statement.

Foolish statement to say the least.

Original Poster is simply another know nothing lacrosse parent with little to no knowledge of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s amazing how there always has to be an insult- here’s a thought-grow up! Someone can think that a team is superior (considering at the time, they were). A person. Can also admit that the said team laid an egg, because they did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Far superior is not a stretch-records proves it. This year they are “healthy” on their offense. Next year they will lose key players & have to see how it pans out. Their draw player was injured & doesn’t seem to have hurt them at allznzch2

Big stretch!

Original Poster is simply another know nothing lacrosse parent with little to no knowledge of the game.

Agreed. Plenty of those on this forum. I’m sure there will be more nonsense comments like that in the next comIng weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s amazing how there always has to be an insult- here’s a thought-grow up! Someone can think that a team is superior (considering at the time, they were). A person. Can also admit that the said team laid an egg, because they did.

Below is the original statement:\

"No chance of Cuse loosing to NC. Cuse a far superior team this year. How about Duke underachieving once again, not making tournament. I’m also interested to see what happens with SB. They really don’t have many good wins."

Above was a passive aggressive attack, it was meant to tear down young women. BTW, they did not simply state that they though "Syracuse was the better team", they said there was no chance of Syracuse loosing to UNC and that Syracuse was the "Far Superior" team. They also threw a knock at Duke and also gave a backhand to Stony Brook. IMHO all comments were made with the intent to tear down the teams and the young women who compete for the teams.

There were earlier rebuttals to the post that pointed out how certain people, yourself included like to move the goal post when they are called out or proven wrong. The post in question did not simply state that the poster believed that Syracuse was "superior".

The person who made the original statement was obviously trying to knock certain teams for whatever reason. That person does not know very much about this game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big stretch!

Agreed. Plenty of those on this forum. I’m sure there will be more nonsense comments like that in the next comIng weeks.

Hopefully Northwestern can win the whole thing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched Brown vs Cornell today, can someone please clarify Ivy League Rules? Cornell had a transfer from Northwestern playing who looked like she was Cornells best player, I was under the impression that Ivy League programs could not take transfers. Does each school have their own rules? Is it on a case by case or player by player basis? Does the coach have to get a special permission/exception? If anyone has accurate information please share.
Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the Cuse being far superior over UNC comment is aging well ! Great game by UNC, so don’t count them out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ref must’ve been one of the posters on BOTC with that no goal call on BS today.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Entertaining ACC game this afternoon. For the most part goals came from secondary scorers for both teams. BC defense just wears down opponents.

Weather was a factor in first half but sun was poking through by the second half.

Couldn’t tell bring there if that goal should have counted but trusting the review was good. It’s a hard game to officiate but some simple calls were missed, such as playing without a stick.

Both teams can make some noise in the upcoming tournament.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Charlotte North was great during halftime as well. A possible future in broadcasting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS with the game winner. 😳

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly why post this. You must have a dislike for her. She is a good player who did not have her best tournament during the ACC and honestly not her best offensive year. Would still take her on my daughters team in a second. To the poster who thinks all these posts are just about tearing young women down I assume you think all these lists that these young women make are all about tearing the others down. Some of these players were hyped to unachievable levels and it seems to me that sometimes these "experts " continue to hype the same players so they dont look foolish .I think BS will have a huge year next year as she will become more of the focus on offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly why post this. You must have a dislike for her. She is a good player who did not have her best tournament during the ACC and honestly not her best offensive year. Would still take her on my daughters team in a second. To the poster who thinks all these posts are just about tearing young women down I assume you think all these lists that these young women make are all about tearing the others down. Some of these players were hyped to unachievable levels and it seems to me that sometimes these "experts " continue to hype the same players so they dont look foolish .I think BS will have a huge year next year as she will become more of the focus on offense.

Not the OP, but pretty sure the OP posted that because she stepped up big in a big game maybe?? How are you reading that and think anyone is disparaging her??? She literally had the game winning goal in the ACC championship.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Not the OP, but pretty sure the OP posted that because she stepped up big in a big game maybe?? How are you reading that and think anyone is disparaging her??? She literally had the game winning goal in the ACC championship.

As stated by myself most recently and many others in the last, reading comprehension is not a strong point for some of the posters on BOTC. But this one is at a new low level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OP here. Not sure how you came to that conclusion. I think the world of BS and she had a fine ACC. I’m just the last two weeks she had a 7 point game against then #1 Cuse with the game winning assist. And a clutch game winning goal for the ACC champ. I also think she had a fine offensive season. She’s a middie not an attack. I do agree. I feel she is gonna kill it her senior year. Oh….I hope they pick her as captain. She’ll [Censored] unless she gets the “C”. 😁

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 25 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard