BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,540
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 83 of 112 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a Skywalkers parent. It’s embarrassing to the young girls and families the way the former director conducts herself at games. I know this has happened plenty times before! Why doesn’t the new club director do something about it? I can’t believe M&D would put up with it!!!!

If M&D had Any sense they’d clean house of all LBC related people. Unbelievable how they act!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Skywalkers parent. It’s embarrassing to the young girls and families the way the former director conducts herself at games. I know this has happened plenty times before! Why doesn’t the new club director do something about it? I can’t believe M&D would put up with it!!!!

If M&D had Any sense they’d clean house of all LBC related people. Unbelievable how they act!

It's a tricky situation because of the non-competes involved in the sales. If M&D fires them , it likely nullifies their non-competes and they can start their own club to compete with M&D Shore.

We can debate whether kids would join the new club, but it is definitely something 3Step is likely concerned with.

Likely lots of moving parts over the next year and half in preparation for when Robinson's contract with 3step is up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't believe M&D would keep any of them on board. It's a bad look and once new parents find out they're still involved it turns them away.

Former director attended the games this weekend and actually made the ref stop the game and get the rule book while she was ranting on the sideline. Wonder why there's a ref shortage? She doesn't have a kid on the team but still feels the need to disrupt the games. She coached for years with the current 27 coach. Her husband is also still a coach. They are still very involved.

The LBC parents were warned multiple times as well. They don't understand the game and ride the ref, not sure why, only hurts the girls. SW beating them in OT this weekend likely ended their playoff chances?
Starts at the top. This was a strong team last year but they have a different coach this year. This is LBC philosophy, changing coaches every year with a parent as an assistant. At this age and for the money parents should not accept this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC 2027 kids should be looking at CCLax, Integrity or MDU. Much better at college recruiting, stable, sane coaching and directors. I know some come from DE but those near Easton, should think about commute.,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard there was a red card in the SW vs M&D Shore game? How bad was that foul to get a red and does that prohibit player from participating in next game?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard there was a red card in the SW vs M&D Shore game? How bad was that foul to get a red and does that prohibit player from participating in next game?

Against which team- Shore?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 most intriguing games this weekend

M&D v BLC Friday night.

Coppermine v SW

Hero's v MDU

Coppermine hasn't played anyone and their record is misleading. But SW has struggled against good teams. This one could be close

I look for BLC to surprise M&D. M&D hasn't played anyone. And while M&D is def more talented team, BLC always gives them a hard time with their slow pace.

MDU and Hero's should be a physical battle. I look for Hero's to win by 2-3. But they will have to earn it. MDU always comes ready to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no automatic suspension for red card. Per rules, it is up to the event director.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Against which team- Shore?

Yes. Per rules, its up to the head referee and event director to hold a kid out. I assume that won't happen. Never seen a RC in lacrosse yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros does a great job teaching and training their goalies!
They have clinics set up with Meg Taylor and all coaches are very knowledgeable with the position.
Then why do their goalies pay for private lessons? They don’t have designated goalie coaches on their staff.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have clinics set up with Meg Taylor and all coaches are very knowledgeable with the position.
Then why do their goalies pay for private lessons? They don’t have designated goalie coaches on their staff.

Being that Hero's Green only has one goalie, is this some sort of advertisement? Obviously the BLC goalie will find a new home, I assume Capital, I think its pretty stable at 2027 level. I think both HW goalies are good too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even on clubs with good goalie coaching, you need weekly private lessons to get the reps you need to continue to progress.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even on clubs with good goalie coaching, you need weekly private lessons to get the reps you need to continue to progress.

FACTS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 4 2027

BLC 2027 Blue M&D 2027 Black
M&D -1.5

Renegades 27 Rebels 27
Ren -2.5

Hero's 2027 green M&D Shore 2027 Black
HG -7.5

Sky Walkers 2027 Blue Coppermine 2027 Black
Copp -1

Hero's 2027 white Rebels 27
HW -3

Hero's 2027 green Maryland United 2027
HG -3.5

Sky Walkers 2027 Blue CCLax 2027 Black
SW -4

STARS 2027 Light BLue Integrity 2027 Green
Stars -2

Hero's 2027 white Next Level 2027 Blue
HW -6.5

M&D Shore 2027 Black PRIDE 2027 RED
Pride -2.5

CCLax 2027 Black NEMS 2027
Even

FCA 2027 Blue MC Elite Midnight
FCA -5.5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 4 2027

M&D -1.5

Renegades 27 Rebels 27
Ren -2.5

HG -7.5

Copp -1

HW -3

HG -3.5

SW -4

Stars -2

HW -6.5

Pride -2.5

Even

FCA -5.5

Some very interesting games this weekend. BLC and M&D- could BLC help HG by beating M&D? This is more important for seeding top 3. SW and Coppermine- who will be on the outside looking in after this game. Is SW much improved and which Coppermine team shows up Sunday? HG and MDU- can MDU hang with the Big 3? It will interesting this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 4 2027

M&D -1.5

Renegades 27 Rebels 27
Ren -2.5

HG -7.5

Copp -1

HW -3

HG -3.5

SW -4

Stars -2

HW -6.5

Pride -2.5

Even

FCA -5.5

Give me a 3 way parlay

CCLax Even
Heros White -3 vs. Rebel
Integrity +2 over Stars

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who won the M&D vs. BLC game today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the BLC M&D game go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on Tourney App it wasn’t played yesterday. Said canceled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rained out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there was some weather yesterday, sooooo guessing game didn't happen. Just a hunch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers is worse than we thought. Coppermine by 8.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW will continue to grow and quickly if current coaches stay.
I think they will surprise people.
Of course they are going to be better. The only "surprise" would be is if they didn't get better after last years performance
SW will continue to grow and quickly if current coaches stay.
I think they will surprise people.

The current sw27 coaches are great and everyone hopes they stay long term because this team saw tremendous amount of coach turnover in last 36 months.

That said, SW generally rotate coaches every couple of years. And they have a stable of great coaches

Doesn’t look they got that much better !! The older teams kept their coaches all thru middle and high. Not sure what you are saying. The 27 coaches better start using their magic to make this team a top one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Integrity do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest surprise me to at this point- I really thought this was the year SW turns the corner but definitely not the case. Big losses to NEMS and Coppermine the last two weeks. What surprises you the most?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Biggest surprise me to at this point- I really thought this was the year SW turns the corner but definitely not the case. Big losses to NEMS and Coppermine the last two weeks. What surprises you the most?

SW has a few good players. Added a couple decent defenders. But the truth is, they have no offense. Unless they find any more offensive talent from kids cut from better teams, they are going to have a hard time competing with lower level A teams....much less the better ones. The current offensive players just aren't good enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW has a few good players. Added a couple decent defenders. But the truth is, they have no offense. Unless they find any more offensive talent from kids cut from better teams, they are going to have a hard time competing with lower level A teams....much less the better ones. The current offensive players just aren't good enough.

I actually think they have some decent offensive players. Problem is they all excel in 1:1 offense not team offense. No off-ball movement and no-one looking to feed cutters.

Not saying that they should be a top NGLL team, but on paper, they are more talented than NEMS,Coppermine, Integrity, etc...

At some point, it comes down to coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Movement gets more limited now. Any talent won’t want to risk going to a team that loses 50% of the time. Losing to Nems is bad for them. Not sure why girls and their families think playing at SW will make them a top recruit. I could see a situation where better players from SW find a better team now to be showcased on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Movement gets more limited now. Any talent won’t want to risk going to a team that loses 50% of the time. Losing to Nems is bad for them. Not sure why girls and their families think playing at SW will make them a top recruit. I could see a situation where better players from SW find a better team now to be showcased on.

That's the problem. Their better players were on better teams. And either left or got cut. They are stuck at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whole skywalkers program is in trouble. Every team 27 to 33 is the bottom half of NGLL standings. The only two skywalkers teams that are decent are 24 and 25 and they have been good for years and years. The 26 to 33 teams will not improve - they don’t have the clout, too many options for players to move to better clubs, and no good player is going to take that risk.

High schools are already seeing this recruiting the 8th and 9th graders. What used to be a feather in their cap is now a question mark. You play skywalkers but I see a ton of kids better than you. Why? Oh because your skywalkers team is ranked 28th.

Starts with high school but college coaches will see the same in a few years. Instead of hoping your skywalkers team attracts talent somehow (and moves your daughter to the bench) it is better to more before too late.

Skywalkers just didn’t adapt to the changing landscape of club lacrosse. This will be a similar story to TLC and NEMS and the skywalkers club knows it is dying. It will be a money grab for their final few years as they sell “but recruiting and we only care about winning on older teams”. Do what is best for your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can see the 27s getting better next because I think some BLC girls will go there if they don't make capital. (Or maybe some even if they do but don't want to deal with Capital politics)

The 28s future will be determined by what happens with Crush. If they have no high school program, I imagine lots of those girls will go to SW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can see the 27s getting better next because I think some BLC girls will go there if they don't make capital. (Or maybe some even if they do but don't want to deal with Capital politics)

The 28s future will be determined by what happens with Crush. If they have no high school program, I imagine lots of those girls will go to SW.
For what its worth...the Crush28 team isn't going anywhere!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I actually think they have some decent offensive players. Problem is they all excel in 1:1 offense not team offense. No off-ball movement and no-one looking to feed cutters.

Not saying that they should be a top NGLL team, but on paper, they are more talented than NEMS,Coppermine, Integrity, etc...

At some point, it comes down to coaching.

I would have to disagree with them being better on paper than other teams. They have yet to beat Coppermine or even come close to beating them looking at past scores. NEMS is a little different situation since losing 3 top players and still beat them by 5. I get the historical image of SW- but the landscape is changing and they aren’t as good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does Skywalkers practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, yeah, until the girls who want to get recruited for lacrosse instead of basketball or soccer move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, yeah, until the girls who want to get recruited for lacrosse instead of basketball or soccer move on.
Why couldn’t they get recruited out of Crush? They are a top 5 team nationally and play in the top bracket of every tournament they’re in. They will be seen and recruited!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers is down. They have a few good kids, but are poorly coached. With the exception of the top 3 teams, the skill level of the 4th through 30th ranked aren't that different. The determinant is coaching and the direction the wind is blowing.

The SW offense isn't even basic. Their D is ok. Their goalie needs some tightening up. I know at least 4 kids on the team through joint extra curricular training. They are all solid athletes and will do just fine when they have school tryouts. I might add, I have heard there are rumblings in the lockeroom bc the coach only shows up for games.

Don't forget HSs have tryouts. Maybe 2 or so new players are guaranteed spots. Coaches from HS and College watch all of the top 30 club teams play. Why? 1 player can only go to 1 school. Plus, so many clubs have a mixture of good coaching, good players and great coaching ok players and all the other permutations, they have to investigate to see what's what. My daughter plays for a non elite team. She'll be fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW teams in middle school stress the fundamentals to the detriment of wins. They would rather see a player use an off hand and fail then rely on a dominate side… a different philosophy. You will also see a go to goal mentality in the early years regardless of outcome to enforce aggressiveness. The high school years are significantly different in that their ultimate goal is for their players to get recruited which they always do. This 2027 team will change again in high high school with out of state players etc.. The SW program has a lot of alumnae in the coaching ranks and currently playing in college (certainly more than Coppermine or NEMS out together)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See if this makes it past July. Crush kids will def move if they wanna play D1. Crush doesn’t have the recruiting pull or the ability to get in all the best tournies with top teams.

Page 83 of 112 1 2 81 82 83 84 85 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard