BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,540
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 82 of 112 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what happened to Cavs/Pride Loudon? Looks like they have a team at every level except 2027. Looks like they have a B team, but not an A team.

Can't believe the team actually folded. I would have expected them to be one of the best B team's around. They had a couple very talented players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know what happened to Cavs/Pride Loudon? Looks like they have a team at every level except 2027. Looks like they have a B team, but not an A team.

Can't believe the team actually folded. I would have expected them to be one of the best B team's around. They had a couple very talented players.

Word on other forum is that club director fired the teams HC out of nowhere and most of the families chose to leave with her. Can’t recall where most ended up, maybe Stars.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word on other forum is that club director fired the teams HC out of nowhere and most of the families chose to leave with her. Can’t recall where most ended up, maybe Stars.

interesting. curious where the old coach's daughter ended up -- who was the best player on that team by far. My daughter played with her at a couple camps/clinics and she probably starts for any NGLL A team except the big 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s goalie is the best one I’ve seen. She is very good.

I agree. She is fantastic and the backbone of the team. I have seen her steal a few when we have played them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
**Real Old Vegas Lines for Week 3 NGLL 2027**
Integrity 2027 Green vs BLC 2027 Blue
BLC -11

Renegades 27 vs Hero's 2027 green
HG -12.5

BLC 2027 Blue vs CCLax 2027 Black
BLC -10

Hero's 2027 white vs FCA 2027 Blue
HW -6.5

Hero's 2027 white vs M&D 2027 Black
M&D -12

NEMS 2027 vs Rebels 27
NEMS -3.5

Rebels 27 vs MC Elite Midnight
Rebels -2.5

Maryland United 2027 vs M&D Shore 2027 Black
MDU - 3.5

MC Elite Midnight vs Coppermine 2027 Black
Copp -8

Sky Walkers 2027 Blue vs M&D Shore 2027 Black
Even

Renegades 27 vs Coppermine 2027 Black
Copp -7.5

Next Level 2027 Blue vs PRIDE 2027 RED
Pride -8

Sky Walkers 2027 Blue vs NEMS 2027
SW -5

Integrity 2027 Green vs M&D 2027 Black
M&D -10

STARS 2027 Light BLue vs Next Level 2027 Blue
Stars -3.5

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll take a Virginia parlay please:

Pride -8 over Next Level - Pride players back from the beach
Stars -3.5 over Next Level - If Stars can't cover 3.5, they are even worse off than previously thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the first two weeks are there any surprises- teams over-performing or underperforming? I’m newer to this but clearly see there are some with a lot of knowledge. Any teams to keep an eye on or future match ups that could be important? M&D Shore is 4-0 but seems their toughest 4 games are still to come. Big 3 seem fine. Who looks to be in the best position of all the 2-1 teams? Lastly- Pride & SW- could another loss knock them out of the playoffs with 3 losses? Thoughts? Interested in your knowledge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After the first two weeks are there any surprises- teams over-performing or underperforming? I’m newer to this but clearly see there are some with a lot of knowledge. Any teams to keep an eye on or future match ups that could be important? M&D Shore is 4-0 but seems their toughest 4 games are still to come. Big 3 seem fine. Who looks to be in the best position of all the 2-1 teams? Lastly- Pride & SW- could another loss knock them out of the playoffs with 3 losses? Thoughts? Interested in your knowledge.

Agreed M&D Shore has looked good, but could very easily see them end up 4-4, most likely 5-3.

On the flip side, Renegades has clearly declined vs the fall and past year.

If there has been a surprise, I would say it is CCLax. Wouldn't be shocked if they sneak into the playoffs, can't see them finishing below 4-4. Really big matchup on the 23rd against Skywalkers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We keep hearing the club teams change a great deal in high school especially M&D and SW. Where are the new players coming from?

Also, SW and M&D often bring in out of state players. SW had a couple Ohio players at a practice a couple weeks ago.

Where do you guys come up with this? The 2027 SW have not had any out of state players practicing with them.

SW Parent here. They have had several girls join for a practice or two during the spring. Can't confirm whether they were out of state or not, but one girl had a backpack from a club my daughter didn't recognize so she assumed she was from out of are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s and M&D will be undefeated. Could be a bunch with two losses. Will come down to goal differential for playoff seedlings.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed that Hero’s Green and M&D finish undefeated. In 2nd will be BLC. After these Top 3 the next three should all be 6-2 - MDU, Hero’s White and Pride. Then battling for the last 2 spots at 5-3 could be Integrity, M&D Shore and Coppermine. Also just missing out would be SW and CC Lax. This pending no upsets by SW over M&D Shore, Coppermine over MDU, M&D Shore over Pride or CC Lax over SW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on the bunch with two losses. With the exception of Hero’s Green not playing M&D (which is ridiculous) I think the schedules are all fairly even. Everyone plays a couple tough teams and some easier ones. IMO, The folks that created the schedules did a good job for the most part.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone understand why the #1 and #2 teams are scheduled to play each other in the 2nd round of the playoffs. It does not make sense to me, and I have never seen a bracket set up that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone understand why the #1 and #2 teams are scheduled to play each other in the 2nd round of the playoffs. It does not make sense to me, and I have never seen a bracket set up that way.

This is most likely an error and will be corrected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC will be 6-2 as well. They play the two top dogs. They could fall to a lower seed than 3 depending on goal differential.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed on the bunch with two losses. With the exception of Hero’s Green not playing M&D (which is ridiculous) I think the schedules are all fairly even. Everyone plays a couple tough teams and some easier ones. IMO, The folks that created the schedules did a good job for the most part.

2 best teams for years shouldnt play in regular season. Will be a winner take all Match for the championship. Make the other teams beat them for the chance to get to playoffs. I for one am sick and tired of NGLL or Lf4 or mid Atlantic having C or D level teams advancing to a playoff for winning a terrible bracket while the top teams in the country meet in pool play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sure they would like to play each other instead of killing teams by 10+ every week. Still would be seeds #1 and #2 regardless with one team having one loss. Steel sharpens steel, no one is getting better beating teams by 15.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 best teams for years shouldnt play in regular season. Will be a winner take all Match for the championship. Make the other teams beat them for the chance to get to playoffs. I for one am sick and tired of NGLL or Lf4 or mid Atlantic having C or D level teams advancing to a playoff for winning a terrible bracket while the top teams in the country meet in pool play.[/quote]

Get over yourself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC will be 6-2 as well. They play the two top dogs. They could fall to a lower seed than 3 depending on goal differential.

Reminder tiebreaker is head to head followed by goals allowed. both of these will favor BLC for third spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 best teams for years shouldnt play in regular season. Will be a winner take all Match for the championship. Make the other teams beat them for the chance to get to playoffs. I for one am sick and tired of NGLL or Lf4 or mid Atlantic having C or D level teams advancing to a playoff for winning a terrible bracket while the top teams in the country meet in pool play.[/quote]

Then play in US Youth Nationals, the only major tourney who doesn't flight brackets.

I have no issues with the format of L4TC, Mid-Atlantic or Summer Genesis. The focus should be good matchups in pool play. (It what college coaches eventually want to see). No value in playing in a crappy division and then taking your chances for a coin flip in a 20 minute match.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 best teams for years shouldnt play in regular season. Will be a winner take all Match for the championship. Make the other teams beat them for the chance to get to playoffs. I for one am sick and tired of NGLL or Lf4 or mid Atlantic having C or D level teams advancing to a playoff for winning a terrible bracket while the top teams in the country meet in pool play.
Agree 100%.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get over yourself[/quote]

Agree. There are plenty of talented girls on others teams that are better than some on these two teams. Play whoever is on your schedule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then play in US Youth Nationals, the only major tourney who doesn't flight brackets.

I have no issues with the format of L4TC, Mid-Atlantic or Summer Genesis. The focus should be good matchups in pool play. (It what college coaches eventually want to see). No value in playing in a crappy division and then taking your chances for a coin flip in a 20 minute match.[/quote]

Completely agree. Rather see these teams play for 40 min. The 20 min playoff games are what allow a lesser team to catch a better team sleeping. Should college championship only be half a game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get over yourself

Agree. There are plenty of talented girls on others teams that are better than some on these two teams. Play whoever is on your schedule.[/quote]

Really 2 issues here

1) NGLL format. Agree that there are way too many teams in A division. Should be no more than 10 here with the bottom half bounced to a lower division. No value in having so many blowouts every week.

2) summer tourney format. I agree with how LFTC, LBTS, Summer Genesis and Mid-Atlantic structure it. Flight the pools for playoffs. Who really cares if a D team goes 4-0 in pool play and then loses a 20 minute game 12-0? The important thing is to get 4 quality games against teams at your own level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Might have missed it but who is going where next year from the 27’s? Heard Maryvale has six or seven Hero’s coming in and one Hero’s going to Garrison. Where are the M&D and Skywalkers girls going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Might have missed it but who is going where next year from the 27’s? Heard Maryvale has six or seven Hero’s coming in and one Hero’s going to Garrison. Where are the M&D and Skywalkers girls going?

Really? 6 or 7? Seems like Maryvale is doing a ton of recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach’s daughter plays for Hero’s team so connection. Lots of seniors graduating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With only a few weeks left, its time for the first NGLL Bracketology.

(1) M&D Black (8-0) vs. (8)Integrity (5-3)
(4) MD United (6-2) vs. (5) Hero's White (6-2)
(3) BLC (6-2) vs. (6) Pride (6-2)
(2) Hero's Green (8-0) vs. (7) Coppermine (5-3)

Outside looking in: Skywalkers (5-3) lose tiebreaker due to projected loss against Coppermine and poor GA

Next week's SW/Coppermine game will be massive. lost will likely be on the outside looking in come tourney time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no issues with the format of L4TC, Mid-Atlantic or Summer Genesis. The focus should be good matchups in pool play. (It what college coaches eventually want to see). No value in playing in a crappy division and then taking your chances for a coin flip in a 20 minute match.[/quote]

Playoffs mean extra games times vs better teams. They should be earned by being the best. And last I checked you have 3 more years before recruiting.clubs use weak pools to boost records for rankings which bring in tryout dollars.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coach’s daughter plays for Hero’s team so connection. Lots of seniors graduating

Not to mention the Hero’s director daughter is on MD lax team right now. Mutual benefits for both sides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can somebody tell me if the LBC director is involved with M&D Shore? I thought LBC coaches and directors were out but after watching their games this weekend it was very clear that they are still involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can somebody tell me if the LBC director is involved with M&D Shore? I thought LBC coaches and directors were out but after watching their games this weekend it was very clear that they are still involved.

She’s involved yes. Their parents really don’t understand the game of girls lax but are usually the loudest in the stands, Refs should get hazard pay.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Recruiting director is still in place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. LBC parents are the worst.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She’s involved yes. Their parents really don’t understand the game of girls lax but are usually the loudest in the stands, Refs should get hazard pay.

Refs should get hazard pay for putting up with the former club owner/director on the parent sidelines. Maybe they don't remember her coaching/owning LBC. I'm not sure how they could forget her

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros does a great job teaching and training their goalies!
They have clinics set up with Meg Taylor and all coaches are very knowledgeable with the position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Skywalkers parent. It’s embarrassing to the young girls and families the way the former director conducts herself at games. I know this has happened plenty times before! Why doesn’t the new club director do something about it? I can’t believe M&D would put up with it!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Skywalkers parent. It’s embarrassing to the young girls and families the way the former director conducts herself at games. I know this has happened plenty times before! Why doesn’t the new club director do something about it? I can’t believe M&D would put up with it!!!!

Can't believe M&D would keep any of them on board. It's a bad look and once new parents find out they're still involved it turns them away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't believe M&D would keep any of them on board. It's a bad look and once new parents find out they're still involved it turns them away.

Former director attended the games this weekend and actually made the ref stop the game and get the rule book while she was ranting on the sideline. Wonder why there's a ref shortage? She doesn't have a kid on the team but still feels the need to disrupt the games. She coached for years with the current 27 coach. Her husband is also still a coach. They are still very involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Former director attended the games this weekend and actually made the ref stop the game and get the rule book while she was ranting on the sideline. Wonder why there's a ref shortage? She doesn't have a kid on the team but still feels the need to disrupt the games. She coached for years with the current 27 coach. Her husband is also still a coach. They are still very involved.

The LBC parents were warned multiple times as well. They don't understand the game and ride the ref, not sure why, only hurts the girls. SW beating them in OT this weekend likely ended their playoff chances?

Page 82 of 112 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard