BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 174 of 260 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
True parent here: have trained with and competed against several of the other ELITE Programs. Believe me, it is a SMALL world.
True coaching (general and positional) has been outstanding. We also play for a national team and just participated in the WS. No doubt has gotten the best reps imaginable against the BEST national and local teams: rhinos, red hots, basically everyone in the top ten and some more than once. Have played against hold backs, double hold backs, fly ins and just about everything else. Yes, the out of towners are adding, and they are legit. Yes, makes everyone anxious about PT, including my son! And you bet your [Censored] that he's stepped up his game. Fact is, it is earlier than I hoped to see this kind of pressure,AND there is no doubt he's seeing and PLAYING with the best at this age group in country. It's a blast to see players from out of town that we are getting to know from the national teams. And, if you think national teams are a waste of money, tell that to JM3, rhinos, red hots, etc etc. These are some of best players--- just check the rankings! And regarding the effort, we have friends who work side jobs to get their kids to travel and have this experience. So, we should be proud of those kids and families who just LOVE and LIVE the sport! Good luck with all the rest of your teams and play hard!

True homer. Sadly will be last place in HOCO. And definitely won't win a big tournament this summer. Keep dreaming though!
Considering the fact they were dominating the Crabs on Sat before lightning saved the Crabs, they might not finish last.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is St James starting new boys teams? I know we can’t ever agree on anything on here, but can we agree that’s going to be a mess? Are Top Caliber, True VA and VLC turning away boys? I thought it was the opposite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is St James starting new boys teams? I know we can’t ever agree on anything on here, but can we agree that’s going to be a mess? Are Top Caliber, True VA and VLC turning away boys? I thought it was the opposite.

Yes, that’s something we can all agree on. The last thing VA needs is another second tier travel team. It will be rec level quality. Someone will make a few bucks but it will further dilute the playing and coaching talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True parent here: have trained with and competed against several of the other ELITE Programs. Believe me, it is a SMALL world.
True coaching (general and positional) has been outstanding. We also play for a national team and just participated in the WS. No doubt has gotten the best reps imaginable against the BEST national and local teams: rhinos, red hots, basically everyone in the top ten and some more than once. Have played against hold backs, double hold backs, fly ins and just about everything else. Yes, the out of towners are adding, and they are legit. Yes, makes everyone anxious about PT, including my son! And you bet your [Censored] that he's stepped up his game. Fact is, it is earlier than I hoped to see this kind of pressure,AND there is no doubt he's seeing and PLAYING with the best at this age group in country. It's a blast to see players from out of town that we are getting to know from the national teams. And, if you think national teams are a waste of money, tell that to JM3, rhinos, red hots, etc etc. These are some of best players--- just check the rankings! And regarding the effort, we have friends who work side jobs to get their kids to travel and have this experience. So, we should be proud of those kids and families who just LOVE and LIVE the sport! Good luck with all the rest of your teams and play hard!

True homer. Sadly will be last place in HOCO. And definitely won't win a big tournament this summer. Keep dreaming though!
Considering the fact they were dominating the Crabs on Sat before lightning saved the Crabs, they might not finish last.

4-3 isn't dominant. But it's great that faraway parents are paying to fly kids in from out of town to supplement True's lack of MD talent. Gives other teams around here a chance to get better. Helps local economy too. Thank you True IL parents!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like they were only "dominating" by one point, but yes, I imagine True and everyone else will beat 91.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“We fly in more”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Chesapeake…. Be honest with yourselves, how many kids are you flying in? You should be proud. What a phenomenal life lesson you are teaching.. Work hard, don’t miss a session, be a good teammate only to be replaced come game day.. And for Chesapeake parents that just accept this.. wow. Just wow….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

4-3 isn't dominant. But it's great that faraway parents are paying to fly kids in from out of town to supplement True's lack of MD talent. Gives other teams around here a chance to get better. Helps local economy too. Thank you True IL parents!

Are they going to make up the rest of the Crabs vs. True Chesapeake But Also Lake Michigan game at some point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are they going to make up the rest of the Crabs vs. True Chesapeake But Also Lake Michigan game at some point?
Flying kids in for HoCo games is comical. Shame on HoCo for allowing this. True Chesapeake should change their name to True North America.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Lake Michigan. Perfection

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For everyone to pile on when this has gone on for years with NL,ML, and crabs??? You’re just a True hater. Don’t get me wrong, they’re the evil empire for sure.

You can’t, however, all of a sudden have an opinion when you sat quiet for years. That’s not the way this works. Welcome to club hall for the next 5 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Huh, maybe HoCo ain’t what it’s cracked up to be if kids from Chicago can come out east and make a difference in the elite division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have been letting crabs do it for years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t believe anyone is seriously complaining about True fly ins. Other teams have been doing it for years, and like it or not, it’s part of the game. Now if my son was the local player coming to all practices and being displaced on game day I would have a problem, but that is a different issue. Buyer beware on that one. But anybody on opposing teams who has a complaint, you don’t have a good look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final regular season predictions. Feel free to scroll back in a few weeks and tell me how they aged.

Hawks
NextLevel
FCA
MadLax
BLC
Crabs
True

Playoff predictions to come as we get near the end of the regular season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final regular season predictions. Feel free to scroll back in a few weeks and tell me how they aged.

Hawks
NextLevel
FCA
MadLax
BLC
Crabs
True

Hawks
NextLevel
FCA
MadLax
BLC
Crabs
True

Playoff predictions to come as we get near the end of the regular season.[/quote]

1. Hawks
2. Madlax
3. FCA
4. next Level
5. Crabs
6. True
7. BLC
8. 91

Hawks beat NL in one semi, FCA beats ML in the other semi. Hawks beat FCA in Championship Game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
NextLevel
FCA
MadLax
BLC
Crabs
True

Over/Under for the number of players who will hold back and be part of these teams for next year............30....i'm taking the over. So about 30 kids will be looking for new teams. Great news for the AAA/AA teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Chesapeake…. Be honest with yourselves, how many kids are you flying in? You should be proud. What a phenomenal life lesson you are teaching.. Work hard, don’t miss a session, be a good teammate only to be replaced come game day.. And for Chesapeake parents that just accept this.. wow. Just wow….

Even ML doesn't bring in their out of state fly ins for HOCO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
NextLevel
FCA
MadLax
BLC
Crabs
True

Over/Under for the number of players who will hold back and be part of these teams for next year............30....i'm taking the over. So about 30 kids will be looking for new teams. Great news for the AAA/AA teams.

I say less than 10 if we're being realistic. Most have already held back! Hahah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
NextLevel
FCA
MadLax
BLC
Crabs
True

Barring significant injuries, I think Hawks run the table through the playoffs. Everyone else in the top tier predicted above (NL, FCA, ML, ?) finish with 2-3 regular losses. The only team with good enough goalie play, defense, and FO to slow them down is NL. NL held Hawks to 7 in both teams' opener. Hawks doubled that output last week against FCA. *Maybe* NL gets their offense rolling to upset Hawks in semis or championship. But they have to make the top 4 and already have a loss. ML *might* have the offense to win a shootout with them. But Hawks D is no slouch. Tough way for ML to open HoCo on 4/15. Hawks already has 2 wins under their belts against probable playoff teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
NextLevel
FCA
MadLax
BLC
Crabs
True

Barring significant injuries, I think Hawks run the table through the playoffs. Everyone else in the top tier predicted above (NL, FCA, ML, ?) finish with 2-3 regular losses. The only team with good enough goalie play, defense, and FO to slow them down is NL. NL held Hawks to 7 in both teams' opener. Hawks doubled that output last week against FCA. *Maybe* NL gets their offense rolling to upset Hawks in semis or championship. But they have to make the top 4 and already have a loss. ML *might* have the offense to win a shootout with them. But Hawks D is no slouch. Tough way for ML to open HoCo on 4/15. Hawks already has 2 wins under their belts against probable playoff teams.
Hard to argue against the Hawks winning Reg season and playoffs. While only 2 games in, they’ve got resounding wins against top 4 teams. Still a ton of unknowns with FCA, ML, and NL. ML prob the biggest unknown, they had a great summer but haven’t done anything since. Plenty of excuses why, some of them valid (keep in mind, the Hawks suffers from similar issues that ML had in the fall— football, injuries, etc, which led to a losing record in the fall).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard for the out of state kids to compete against the reclass ML players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard for the out of state kids to compete against the reclass ML players

Right because there are no reclass kids from out of state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, and take some comfort in the fact that anyone who came out blew the weekend on travel for a quarter and a half of play in a game that registered no official result because of a early stop for weather.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously delusional if that’s what you take comfort in. The immaturity is off the charts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously delusional if that’s what you take comfort in. The immaturity is off the charts.
Agree re the immaturity, but that's not delusional, it's a clinical level of bitterness, which will show up measurably in whatever poor child is daily exposed to it. Great parenting my guy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So funny that you are happy that a family (or several) traveled to BWI from Chicago and the game was cut short due to lightning? Serves them right! You go girl!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, and take some comfort in the fact that anyone who came out blew the weekend on travel for a quarter and a half of play in a game that registered no official result because of a early stop for weather.

Why would you even say this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume you are a Crabs 2027 parent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume you are a Crabs 2027 parent?
And soon to be Crabs 2028 parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, I was joking – I thought obviously – about people being all worked up about alleged out of area players. Did not occur to me anyone would think that was serious, but I guess that’s where the conversation is these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even ML doesn't bring in their out of state fly ins for HOCO.

For some games they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, I was joking – I thought obviously – about people being all worked up about alleged out of area players. Did not occur to me anyone would think that was serious, but I guess that’s where the conversation is these days.
I think it’s pretty funny that parents from Chicago would fly little Johnny in the 7th grade all the way to MD for one 48 minute game on a strange team. THAT, folks, is insanity. Touché for the parents who did it for one quarter of lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it’s pretty funny that parents from Chicago would fly little Johnny in the 7th grade all the way to MD for one 48 minute game on a strange team. THAT, folks, is insanity. Touché for the parents who did it for one quarter of lax.

It is their time and money, so what do you care? IL to MD is nothing for youth sports. Your son must not play competitive basketball, football, or hockey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have to love the Karen’s who love to mind other families business.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s looks like there are two tiers with a pretty big gap between them. Hawks, NL, FCA, MadLax in tier 1 and the others on tier 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]True Lake Michigan. Perfection

It is their time and money, so what do you care? IL to MD is nothing for youth sports. Your son must not play competitive basketball, football, or hockey.[/quote

For ONE game? Insanity. An overinflated sense of how good their kid is. Especially considering they’re coming for
IL, not exactly a hotbed of lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s looks like there are two tiers with a pretty big gap between them. Hawks, NL, FCA, MadLax in tier 1 and the others on tier 2.
That’s the way it has been for 5 years. No big surprise there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks just beat FCA by six goals so not sure how you conclude they're in the same tier, and ML hasn't played a game yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It’s looks like there are two tiers with a pretty big gap between them. Hawks, NL, FCA, MadLax in tier 1 and the others on tier 2.[/quote

Crabs parents will agree this fact-- but it's entirely true. Pretty much always had been.

Like Reply Quote
Page 174 of 260 1 2 172 173 174 175 176 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard