BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24
Re: Boys 2028 - 7th Grade Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse was ranked 47 in USCL at the end of last summer. BTB, Rebels, Cavalry, etc were all ranked higher. How did Eclipse make such a big leap? They looked good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For the folks in DE this weekend, how would you rank the teams you saw? Here's my take . . .

1. Venom - most balanced team, unselfish offense with great shooters everywhere - clearly the team to beat in Charlotte
2. 2Way - some of the best individual offensive players in DE this weekend - 44, 1, 16, 26 - all are studs, had to face off w pole vs Venom which will hurt
3. BBL - big athletic defense with good fogo will keep games close, but will need to score more to keep up with Venom
4. Eclipse - surprisingly strong performance this weekend - 7 is smooth
5. Freedom - balanced team, good goalie, not sure they have the alphas on offense to beat the better defenders
6. Blue Jays - some good pieces, got stronger as the weekend went on, will likely be a much stronger team in Charlotte as they get to practice together more
7. Express North - similar to BBL with big athletic poles, but they didn't have consistent play on faceoffs, and not as much offensive firepower
8. LIE - a bit of a disappointment not making it to the final four of the North bracket. Skilled and well coached - not sure they have enough elite athletes right now

North is not above LI express. Not on any given day. They struggled with Legacy who continues to lose by growing margins to good teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some played better than expected. Some played worse than expected. Congrats to all who qualified. Have fun watching venom down south.
Someone made a huge mistake or it was done on purpose.Team seeding was wrong!

Seeding was taken from the end of year 2022 club season. It wasn't wrong, it's just how it was done. This is also the first time anyone is seeing any of the world series eligible teams so there is no other way to do it. You don't know who has aged out or who plays up with 2027's. Everyone had to beat good teams to qualify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you look to see who was seeded wrong on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse was ranked 47 in USCL at the end of last summer. BTB, Rebels, Cavalry, etc were all ranked higher. How did Eclipse make such a big leap? They looked good.

These are world series rosters, not the actual club "2028" rosters.

Eclipse has an outstanding attackman who plays with the 27's normally. They also added pieces since last year, as all teams did. Theirs are better! This is a different year with teams changing after tryouts and defections after last summer. As a poster already said above, some kids play up with the 27's or even are 27's and can play in this event because it's age and not grade based.

Eclipse is clearly a VERY different team. I'm sure others are as well.

I was also very impressed with 2WAY. They are one of the few Northeast teams with a slew of holdbacks and they showed very well. They will be tough when the holdbacks get added back to the roster during summer (normal 2028 team vs world series team).

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the folks in DE this weekend, how would you rank the teams you saw? Here's my take . . .

1. Venom - most balanced team, unselfish offense with great shooters everywhere - clearly the team to beat in Charlotte
2. 2Way - some of the best individual offensive players in DE this weekend - 44, 1, 16, 26 - all are studs, had to face off w pole vs Venom which will hurt
3. BBL - big athletic defense with good fogo will keep games close, but will need to score more to keep up with Venom
4. Eclipse - surprisingly strong performance this weekend - 7 is smooth
5. Freedom - balanced team, good goalie, not sure they have the alphas on offense to beat the better defenders
6. Blue Jays - some good pieces, got stronger as the weekend went on, will likely be a much stronger team in Charlotte as they get to practice together more
7. Express North - similar to BBL with big athletic poles, but they didn't have consistent play on faceoffs, and not as much offensive firepower
8. LIE - a bit of a disappointment not making it to the final four of the North bracket. Skilled and well coached - not sure they have enough elite athletes right now

North is not above LI express. Not on any given day. They struggled with Legacy who continues to lose by growing margins to good teams.

Agree. Our coaches think they have talent but they are an all or nothing fast break team. If you slow them down and make them play 6 v 6, the only set they run is to give it to one kid and watch him try to beat 3 defenders. Easy scout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have a view of PrimeTime? They seem to have fallen off a cliff. Obviously very good at HS level but the 2028 team is struggling. I don't think they were competitive this weekend and it doesn't add up given the success of the older grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can say with certainty many of the on age parents in MD talked about doing a Blue Jays type team last fall.

Actually there were two separate groups that I know of looking to get the on age HoCo kids to play.

But then folks saw the qualifier was the same week as the first week of the HoCo season and couldn’t get enough commitments.

It [Censored] but if it was a week earlier, who knows, things may have materialized. It would have been fun for the boys, my son included.

I will say that even with that, many of MD the on age kids and parents that I know just weren’t excited or motivated to do it. It’s not really a big deal like it is in the north.

Defeats the whole purpose of the World Series. These are supposed to be club teams not all star teams but why ask people from Maryland to follow the rules….they never do! Blue Jays “team” disbands the day after the W.S.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can say with certainty many of the on age parents in MD talked about doing a Blue Jays type team last fall.

Actually there were two separate groups that I know of looking to get the on age HoCo kids to play.

But then folks saw the qualifier was the same week as the first week of the HoCo season and couldn’t get enough commitments.

It [Censored] but if it was a week earlier, who knows, things may have materialized. It would have been fun for the boys, my son included.

I will say that even with that, many of MD the on age kids and parents that I know just weren’t excited or motivated to do it. It’s not really a big deal like it is in the north.

Defeats the whole purpose of the World Series. These are supposed to be club teams not all star teams but why ask people from Maryland to follow the rules….they never do! Blue Jays “team” disbands the day after the W.S.

Agreed. Blue Jays are the equivalent of a hypothetical LI All-Stars, NJ All Stars, CT All stars... Not a club team and only put together for this one event.

From the World Series website Rules: "Partnerships or alliances between two or more clubs to create a team is not permitted"

Blue Jays is exactly that. A mix of 4leaf, laxachussets, etc. Honestly, let the kids play, they are 13 years old. But to pretend to be a real club is a bit much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Defeats the whole purpose of the World Series. These are supposed to be club teams not all star teams but why ask people from Maryland to follow the rules….they never do! Blue Jays “team” disbands the day after the W.S.[/quote]

The nitpicking on here is laughable. Everybody rips the Blue Jays but how many teams had ‘27s join them (hello, Machine boys)? How many holdbacks on each team - those ‘fall baby’ kids born before the NY December cutoff? All of these teams were all-star teams of some construct or another and all clubs benefit financially from loading up on players but what about the kids who went down and didn’t play? They watch 8th graders take their spots and they’re supposed to be OK with this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear ya, but defining what qualifies as a team and what doesn't is not as black-and-white as the age rules.

100 mile radius and playing some tourneys together is a good start. Not sure what other rules you would want.

Eclipse brought down some kids from the 27 team, does that mean their WS team is not a "real" team because they haven't all been playing together since 3rd grade?

Several teams added new players since last summer. Should they be eliminated?

It was such a fun weekend and a great experience for the boys. I want more kids to experience it. And I think the Blue Jays and True Md added to the event, didn't subtract from it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In all honesty 2way should be considered an all star team as well. They brought in kids for their World Series team from Massachusetts, New Jersey and Long Island.

The 100 mile rule works in rural areas but is abused by many teams ie Bluejays and 2way and I’m sure others in no rural areas. Most everything posted by 2way on Instagram is a 2027 from the towermen… pulling in people from other clubs should not be allowed, age appropriate from in organization is much easier to justify in my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The nitpicking on here is laughable. Everybody rips the Blue Jays but how many teams had ‘27s join them (hello, Machine boys)? How many holdbacks on each team - those ‘fall baby’ kids born before the NY December cutoff? All of these teams were all-star teams of some construct or another and all clubs benefit financially from loading up on players but what about the kids who went down and didn’t play? They watch 8th graders take their spots and they’re supposed to be OK with this?[/quote]

I don't think anyone is calling out Blue Jays for having 8th graders on the team. This is a U13 tournament, not a grade based tournament. It's actually the only level playing field out there. The knock on Blue Jays is that they aren't an actual club. It is quite literally an all-start team that we will never see again once the world series is over. You won't play them or see them in any tournament after July 4 - that's the actual gripe (albeit a quiet one that nobody is losing any sleep over). Machine might have had a kid who plays 27's play with them but that is within the rules as long as the kid was born after 9/1/09 and actually plays within the 91 Machine program.

It's not nitpicking, those are the actual rules of the World Series.

I am fine with the bluejays playing because why would we deprive a 13 year old from a memorable experience?. However, it does highlight the holdback philosophy of the mass/nh clubs - they can't field a competitive on-age team within their club system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not a team. Also it clearly says no combined teams to make one team. It’s not fair to clubs who play all year around and get beat by their organization that is loaded with holdbacks that you choose to join. Blue jays are true definition of having your cake and eating to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams from the north qualified?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are not a team. Also it clearly says no combined teams to make one team. It’s not fair to clubs who play all year around and get beat by their organization that is loaded with holdbacks that you choose to join. Blue jays are true definition of having your cake and eating to.

Will someone please call this LI express dad a whambulance!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you look to see who was seeded wrong on Sunday.

Who??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams from the north qualified?

Venom
Eclipse
2Way
Blue Jays
LI Express
Upstate FCA
Express North
Sweetlax Upstate
Orange Crush
Legacy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks.

It's actually the opposite of holdbacks - it's kids who play up. What a concept!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will someone please call this LI express dad a whambulance!

I agree, and my kid is on Express. We [Censored] on Sunday and got what we earned. Next time, maybe we get the kids to bed early—just a thought.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 on eclipse is a 27, played on that highly competitive team but is age appropriate for u13.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7 on eclipse is a 27, played on that highly competitive team but is age appropriate for u13.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn’t see semis but Final was streamed live. Eclipse barely had possession. Tough to beat 91 without the ball

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2Way always has a ton of holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 and 8 from last summer are deep holdbacks, but haven’t even been held back. In 8th grade playing on 7th grade teams last summer. So weak.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed, however even without their older kids that’s a very good and very big team. Although there seems to be some chatter that this wsyl roster has on age kids from several different clubs. Given 2ways past rosters I would think it’s true and they have kids from 99.9 miles away just for this event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 and 8 from last summer are deep holdbacks, but haven’t even been held back. In 8th grade playing on 7th grade teams last summer. So weak.

2Way and Leading Edge do this and get away with it repeatedly.

Everyone knows it.

It’s the weakest thing in all of 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows it.

Guess your team didn't qualify. Stop complaining and play the game. Should I complain that some kids in 7th grade are over 6 feet and mine is 5 feet? Who cares! Kids don't care and are not complaining just parents that never made it as an athlete in high school and now trying to live through their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2way not even smart enough to change their numbers is the best part about it. Zero effort there 2way. Cheat better.

Seriously though I bet almost all top teams do this.. some like the 2 mentioned above more than others maybe, who knows. Wish there was more integrity out there from parents and programs. Poor examples being set and doing things the right way is more important than winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows it.

Guess your team didn't qualify. Stop complaining and play the game. Should I complain that some kids in 7th grade are over 6 feet and mine is 5 feet? Who cares! Kids don't care and are not complaining just parents that never made it as an athlete in high school and now trying to live through their kids.

Holdback Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Venom is a little nervous

They are really the only parents who care. All their FB posts are about them being #1 and the best on age team around. This means absolutely nothing. Check out your 91 Wolfpack team, same type of batsh*t parents all hyped about the WS, then 1 week later they take a loss on a Saturday, and leave without even playing their Sunday games. Paper champs.

Ranked number 1 at 12/13 years old. In a sport that has no future. It may help you get into a great college but beyond that its a dead end. Even the PLL games don't draw crowds. Its a great sport and kids love it. The adults are ruining it and the club scene has turned into a huge money making business at the expense of our kids.

I have seen very little “we are #1” from venom. The 91 animonsity on here is out of control
Madlax is the best team. Spanked Venom soundly the ne time they played. Did the same to 2Way at NLF.

I hope you are joking? MadLax has about 75% of its offense generated by one player, who is 15 years old, and without him this weekend they were spanked 12-1! such great development of the other kids on the roster.

The kid isn't 15, get real. But he is a reclass back about 5 years ago and was forced to move down to make room for kids ML snagged from BLC so that coach's kid could play left attack. He's 14, December birth is the word from ML parents. But to point ... ML offense sputters without him. Their attack, although skilled, is just way too small and get destroyed. When he is there drawing double and triple teams is when the other kids score. If he played attack ML would be more dangerous but they run him at middie. ML is looking at at least 3 losses in HOCO this spring and are playing BBL and Venom in May. Likely L's if they don't bring in the national helpers. Maybe they can rent a few Red Hots.

He will be 15 yr old this Fall when Long Island kids are 13. Ridiculous!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Lacrosse LI?? Any thoughts or info?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah. Reclass your kid and join up. That’s their national model.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard True was close to buying an existing LI Club program last year but it fell apart. That's all LI needs is another club program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True blue or true national?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Venom is a little nervous

They are really the only parents who care. All their FB posts are about them being #1 and the best on age team around. This means absolutely nothing. Check out your 91 Wolfpack team, same type of batsh*t parents all hyped about the WS, then 1 week later they take a loss on a Saturday, and leave without even playing their Sunday games. Paper champs.

Ranked number 1 at 12/13 years old. In a sport that has no future. It may help you get into a great college but beyond that its a dead end. Even the PLL games don't draw crowds. Its a great sport and kids love it. The adults are ruining it and the club scene has turned into a huge money making business at the expense of our kids.

I have seen very little “we are #1” from venom. The 91 animonsity on here is out of control
Madlax is the best team. Spanked Venom soundly the ne time they played. Did the same to 2Way at NLF.

I hope you are joking? MadLax has about 75% of its offense generated by one player, who is 15 years old, and without him this weekend they were spanked 12-1! such great development of the other kids on the roster.

The kid isn't 15, get real. But he is a reclass back about 5 years ago and was forced to move down to make room for kids ML snagged from BLC so that coach's kid could play left attack. He's 14, December birth is the word from ML parents. But to point ... ML offense sputters without him. Their attack, although skilled, is just way too small and get destroyed. When he is there drawing double and triple teams is when the other kids score. If he played attack ML would be more dangerous but they run him at middie. ML is looking at at least 3 losses in HOCO this spring and are playing BBL and Venom in May. Likely L's if they don't bring in the national helpers. Maybe they can rent a few Red Hots.

He will be 15 yr old this Fall when Long Island kids are 13. Ridiculous!!!

Ridiculous, nope. That's the current system. Wait until the first transgender shows up and starts dominating girls lax. It's coming and then everyone will look back on the reclass discussion as trivial. What is ridiculous is people taking a dead end sport way too seriously.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True National is coming to LI for next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big changes coming to LI Club Lacrosse. A new way of doing business that has a proven record of player development, professionalism and a real family atmosphere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big changes coming to LI Club Lacrosse. A new way of doing business that has a proven record of player development, professionalism and a real family atmosphere.

They are offering clinics for $15

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard