Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can say with certainty many of the on age parents in MD talked about doing a Blue Jays type team last fall.

Actually there were two separate groups that I know of looking to get the on age HoCo kids to play.

But then folks saw the qualifier was the same week as the first week of the HoCo season and couldn’t get enough commitments.

It [Censored] but if it was a week earlier, who knows, things may have materialized. It would have been fun for the boys, my son included.

I will say that even with that, many of MD the on age kids and parents that I know just weren’t excited or motivated to do it. It’s not really a big deal like it is in the north.

Defeats the whole purpose of the World Series. These are supposed to be club teams not all star teams but why ask people from Maryland to follow the rules….they never do! Blue Jays “team” disbands the day after the W.S.

Agreed. Blue Jays are the equivalent of a hypothetical LI All-Stars, NJ All Stars, CT All stars... Not a club team and only put together for this one event.

From the World Series website Rules: "Partnerships or alliances between two or more clubs to create a team is not permitted"

Blue Jays is exactly that. A mix of 4leaf, laxachussets, etc. Honestly, let the kids play, they are 13 years old. But to pretend to be a real club is a bit much.