BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
Boys 2028 - 7th Grade Summer 2023
BiggLax Online Content OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
The other post seems to have broke

Attempt #2

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2028 - 7th Grade Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How have the scrimmages gone so far? The qualifier should be interesting 20+ teams, maybe even more than 30

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the qualifier work? It says there is a North and East qualifier the same weekend at the same location. Are they 2 separate tournaments? How many teams can qualify? This whole WSYL thing seems off. The West qualifier had 3 teams in it last weekend and 2 qualify? How is that possible? How did both 91 Teams qualify last year? This just seems to be another tournament which has multiple rounds and some teams from all over. That is fine but is hardly a World Series or even a National Tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason certain areas have less trying to qualify is probably twofold.
1. Traveling across the country for a tournament is probably not appealing for a team that may meet the requirements. Meeting the requirements is hard once you get out of the northeast.
2. Fielding a team that is on age and has any chance of competing with players from Maryland northward is not likely. Yea there may be some representation from the south but everyone knows they aren’t true teams that have been playing together. They just grabbed the best players from within 100 miles of the clubs headquarters and put together a world serious team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, Why is the other post broken? Maybe BOTC can fix or delete and start over?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Spring tournies for LI/CT teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really disappointing that the 28s are headed to qualifiers and the commenting on 28s has been out of commission. I've had to read about reclassing and LI Legacy for the past 5 months... both of which grow old real quick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a list of Teams going to qualifier?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an unofficial incomplete list. We've been told that there are 11 teams in the east qualifier and 5 are advancing. I only know of 9 teams listed below, so not sure who the other 2 are. Not sure if there are additional teams in the north qualifier and not sure how many will advance. Anyone know?

North
91 Venom
Boston Blue Jays
2Way
LI Express
Express North
Legacy
Rebels
91 TriState
Be The Best
Shore 2 Shore
LI Rush
Igloo
91 Surge
Orange Crush
Primetime
Predators
Cavalry
Albany Power

East
BBL
Freedom
Dukes
True MD
Jersey Express
3d GS
Tri-State
Riot
True PA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams missing from WSYL Instagram, FCA Upstate and Sweetlax Upstate

Teams missing that I know first hand that are signed up, Recon and Igloo Frost

It’s just straight up cheating in my opinion with the Boston Blue Jays making a team from 3 teams (3D ne, Laxachussetts and 4 Leaf). Do they seriously have that many kids that don’t qualify age wise?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

It’s just straight up cheating in my opinion with the Boston Blue Jays making a team from 3 teams (3D ne, Laxachussetts and 4 Leaf). Do they seriously have that many kids that don’t qualify age wise?

Agreed, very shady.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Venom is a little nervous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are really the only parents who care. All their FB posts are about them being #1 and the best on age team around. This means absolutely nothing. Check out your 91 Wolfpack team, same type of batsh*t parents all hyped about the WS, then 1 week later they take a loss on a Saturday, and leave without even playing their Sunday games. Paper champs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are really the only parents who care. All their FB posts are about them being #1 and the best on age team around. This means absolutely nothing. Check out your 91 Wolfpack team, same type of batsh*t parents all hyped about the WS, then 1 week later they take a loss on a Saturday, and leave without even playing their Sunday games. Paper champs.

Ranked number 1 at 12/13 years old. In a sport that has no future. It may help you get into a great college but beyond that its a dead end. Even the PLL games don't draw crowds. Its a great sport and kids love it. The adults are ruining it and the club scene has turned into a huge money making business at the expense of our kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ranked number 1 at 12/13 years old. In a sport that has no future. It may help you get into a great college but beyond that its a dead end. Even the PLL games don't draw crowds. Its a great sport and kids love it. The adults are ruining it and the club scene has turned into a huge money making business at the expense of our kids.

I have seen very little “we are #1” from venom. The 91 animonsity on here is out of control

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have seen very little “we are #1” from venom. The 91 animonsity on here is out of control
Madlax is the best team. Spanked Venom soundly the ne time they played. Did the same to 2Way at NLF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They shouldn’t be allowed to throw together a team. We will know if kids are not from 100 miles. With that said as long as they aren’t holdbacks, we will know that as well, it shouldn’t affect much.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many non express Chuck kids are joining their express WS team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They shouldn’t be allowed to throw together a team. We will know if kids are not from 100 miles. With that said as long as they aren’t holdbacks, we will know that as well, it shouldn’t affect much.

From their website rules

Partnerships or alliances between two or more clubs to create a team is not permitted

This is 100% what the Blue Jays team is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From their website rules

Partnerships or alliances between two or more clubs to create a team is not permitted

They played several fall tournaments as a team. So all good imo (not a blue jay parent)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From their website rules

They played several fall tournaments as a team. So all good imo (not a blue jay parent)

And let me guess they won’t play together after WS. Not a team!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And let me guess they won’t play together after WS. Not a team!![/quote]

Please explain why this matters. Are you that afraid of losing a middle school lacrosse tournament?

PS - WSYL victories mean nothing, just like the All-American games, remember that? Clubs just promoting BS tournaments to make more money off the gullible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain why this matters. Are you that afraid of losing a middle school lacrosse tournament?

PS - WSYL victories mean nothing, just like the All-American games, remember that? Clubs just promoting BS tournaments to make more money off the gullible.[/quote]

I like this... a "purist"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax is the best team. Spanked Venom soundly the ne time they played. Did the same to 2Way at NLF.

I wonder why we never see Madlax at the World Series to prove that they are the best U13 team? Oh yeh I remember why…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PS - WSYL victories mean nothing, just like the All-American games, remember that? Clubs just promoting BS tournaments to make more money off the gullible.[/quote]

But give a pass to adults desperately putting together a “team” to win the meaningless middles school tournament.
Or give a pass to you, who reads this page about meaningless middle school teams.

Let’s be honest none of this matters. Not HS not college. But yet here WE are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PS - WSYL victories mean nothing, just like the All-American games, remember that? Clubs just promoting BS tournaments to make more money off the gullible.

But give a pass to adults desperately putting together a “team” to win the meaningless middles school tournament.
Or give a pass to you, who reads this page about meaningless middle school teams.

Let’s be honest none of this matters. Not HS not college. But yet here WE are.[/quote]

Of course none of this matters or in your words is "meaningless", yet you are on here (a meaningless anonymous forum) complaining. Blue Jays are doing everything within the rules of the WSYL. It is supposed to be a fun event for the kids and every older kid I know that has come home from it says so, win or lose. So I think it is great that another group of kids get to participate. Can't wait to play the Blue Jays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course none of this matters or in your words is "meaningless", yet you are on here (a meaningless anonymous forum) complaining. Blue Jays are doing everything within the rules of the WSYL. It is supposed to be a fun event for the kids and every older kid I know that has come home from it says so, win or lose. So I think it is great that another group of kids get to participate. Can't wait to play the Blue Jays.[/quote]

The cost to participate in the WSYL is a huge factor for a lot of clubs. They don't want to force that extra cost on all their families. Some clubs make it optional and augment their roster with other local kids. For clubs that completely opt-out groups like Blue Jays step in and collect kids from multiple clubs to get a roster together. Both approaches let more kids participate. Where's the problem?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule is out for this weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course none of this matters or in your words is "meaningless", yet you are on here (a meaningless anonymous forum) complaining. Blue Jays are doing everything within the rules of the WSYL. It is supposed to be a fun event for the kids and every older kid I know that has come home from it says so, win or lose. So I think it is great that another group of kids get to participate. Can't wait to play the Blue Jays.

The cost to participate in the WSYL is a huge factor for a lot of clubs. They don't want to force that extra cost on all their families. Some clubs make it optional and augment their roster with other local kids. For clubs that completely opt-out groups like Blue Jays step in and collect kids from multiple clubs to get a roster together. Both approaches let more kids participate. Where's the problem?[/quote]

They aren’t a team. They are a made up team because their club teams can’t truly compete because they have too many older kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The cost to participate in the WSYL is a huge factor for a lot of clubs. They don't want to force that extra cost on all their families. Some clubs make it optional and augment their roster with other local kids. For clubs that completely opt-out groups like Blue Jays step in and collect kids from multiple clubs to get a roster together. Both approaches let more kids participate. Where's the problem?

They aren’t a team. They are a made up team because their club teams can’t truly compete because they have too many older kids.[/quote]

This

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren’t a team. They are a made up team because their club teams can’t truly compete because they have too many older kids.

This[/quote]

These are valid points, but is banning the on-age kids who want to compete the best solution? If last year is any indication, the regional all-star teams didn't fare that great anyways.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This

These are valid points, but is banning the on-age kids who want to compete the best solution? If last year is any indication, the regional all-star teams didn't fare that great anyways.[/quote]

The regional all star teams will do very well. Blue jays and BBL case in point. Two perfect examples of playing the system. Both teams will give teams like venom and the chucks and the “real” teams a run for their money.
The blue jays is a mix of players from other clubs who joined because their prior team is made up of older kids.
BBL is made up of the best on age kids of the BBL teams from south north etc.
Both are not true teams that existed last year. They were made for the sole purpose of collecting parents money and creating a team to compete against the true on age teams that would STILL would have existed if the World Series didn’t exist. Shady for sure.
Nobody should feel bad for the on age kid who wants to compete and now can join a team made for just this event (blue jays). That same kid, and his parents, have been associated with teams that have been taking wins from younger kids for years. They had their moments of glory. And it wasn’t enough apparently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This weekends tourney in Farmingdale and the north qualifier will be much better than traveling to North Carolina for July 4th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody should feel bad for the on age kid who wants to compete and now can join a team made for just this event (blue jays). That same kid, and his parents, have been associated with teams that have been taking wins from younger kids for years. They had their moments of glory. And it wasn’t enough apparently.[/quote]

‘Moments of Glory’, that’s funny, when did this happen? Such pushback from a group that will bring down almost 30 kids but only play about 12. Apologies for trying to include more kids that just want to compete. Don't worry, it shouldn’t impact the 5 minutes of playing time your kid will get all weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This

These are valid points, but is banning the on-age kids who want to compete the best solution? If last year is any indication, the regional all-star teams didn't fare that great anyways.

The regional all star teams will do very well. Blue jays and BBL case in point. Two perfect examples of playing the system. Both teams will give teams like venom and the chucks and the “real” teams a run for their money.
The blue jays is a mix of players from other clubs who joined because their prior team is made up of older kids.
BBL is made up of the best on age kids of the BBL teams from south north etc.
Both are not true teams that existed last year. They were made for the sole purpose of collecting parents money and creating a team to compete against the true on age teams that would STILL would have existed if the World Series didn’t exist. Shady for sure.
Nobody should feel bad for the on age kid who wants to compete and now can join a team made for just this event (blue jays). That same kid, and his parents, have been associated with teams that have been taking wins from younger kids for years. They had their moments of glory. And it wasn’t enough apparently.[/quote]

BBL Elite plays together all year - they have 10 games in the books already this year. They are clearly a team. What rule would you propose to make them ineligible to compete?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody should feel bad for the on age kid who wants to compete and now can join a team made for just this event (blue jays). That same kid, and his parents, have been associated with teams that have been taking wins from younger kids for years. They had their moments of glory. And it wasn’t enough apparently.

‘Moments of Glory’, that’s funny, when did this happen? Such pushback from a group that will bring down almost 30 kids but only play about 12. Apologies for trying to include more kids that just want to compete. Don't worry, it shouldn’t impact the 5 minutes of playing time your kid will get all weekend.[/quote]

Please give me a break. They don’t even have a webpage. They literally are not even a team. They exist for one purpose only.
At least BBL pulled kids from all their regional teams. Again, created for one purpose only, but a far cry from the blue jays.

And I could care less where your son plays. I hope he is happy and a great player and having fun regardless of playing time.
Those sort of attacks are what got this board shut down the first time. So obvious to everyone except for you. You think the board “broke”? Wake up. Don’t make insinuations about 12-13 year olds. It’s not classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you are joking? MadLax has about 75% of its offense generated by one player, who is 15 years old, and without him this weekend they were spanked 12-1! such great development of the other kids on the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And I could care less where your son plays. I hope he is happy and a great player and having fun regardless of playing time.
Those sort of attacks are what got this board shut down the first time. So obvious to everyone except for you. You think the board “broke”? Wake up. Don’t make insinuations about 12-13 year olds. It’s not classy.[/quote]

Seems like someone’s comments offended Mr. Classy now he’s threatening to shut the board down. I guess those comments hit a little too close to home. There were no insinuations or attacks made about 12 or 13 year olds. Truth hurt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hope you are joking? MadLax has about 75% of its offense generated by one player, who is 15 years old, and without him this weekend they were spanked 12-1! such great development of the other kids on the roster.

2way has kids just as old as that player (whose not 15). And 2way also has kids from like 4 states playing on a 7th grade team.

Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid isn't 15, get real. But he is a reclass back about 5 years ago and was forced to move down to make room for kids ML snagged from BLC so that coach's kid could play left attack. He's 14, December birth is the word from ML parents. But to point ... ML offense sputters without him. Their attack, although skilled, is just way too small and get destroyed. When he is there drawing double and triple teams is when the other kids score. If he played attack ML would be more dangerous but they run him at middie. ML is looking at at least 3 losses in HOCO this spring and are playing BBL and Venom in May. Likely L's if they don't bring in the national helpers. Maybe they can rent a few Red Hots.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard