BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 81 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not see the game between M&D and Coppermine. However, I disagree with PP assertion that a team playing with a player down for more than 10 min “happens in every game”. That actually seems unique and significant, so I didn’t read it as an excuse either. I don’t believe anyone stated they did not agree with the calls or anything like that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
By stating the fact that the team got 4 yellows (without debating the validity of them), thus landing the team man down for an extended period of time, the PP acknowledges it was the losing teams fault they lost. Where’s the excuse? Stop trying to create drama.

"Pride also looked unprepared and also had too many unforced errors. Pride SHOULD have beat Philly Blast and Crush SHOULD have beat them by more."

Sorry M&D dad, so sensitive. Again, reading the comments & the excuses. The excuse is they played with man down. If it's not an excuse why mention it, it's apart of the game, and happens in every game. Just stating the observations of the comments. And not just the M&D game had comments/excuses, there were other posts mentioned the "should have". No drama, maybe don't be so sensitive.[/quote]

If it pleases you more to say that M&D is bad and Coppermine won based on pure skill, then by means, do that. You are the one lashing at out at people for not telling the story the way you like it while others were simply discussing the games, so perhaps you are a little too sensitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not see the game between M&D and Coppermine. However, I disagree with PP assertion that a team playing with a player down for more than 10 min “happens in every game”. That actually seems unique and significant, so I didn’t read it as an excuse either. I don’t believe anyone stated they did not agree with the calls or anything like that.

Good point. Playing man down for a majority of a half is not something that occurs in every game, especially in an indoor format. If the game is tied prior to playing man down, it's obvious it had a significant impact on the outcome. M&D looked much stronger than Crush.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point. Playing man down for a majority of a half is not something that occurs in every game, especially in an indoor format. If the game is tied prior to playing man down, it's obvious it had a significant impact on the outcome. M&D looked much stronger than Crush.

Having watched both games, Copp vs M&D and Copp vs Crush, the man down situation for M&D certainly affected the game. They were man down for approximately the last 6 mins. I wouldn't say that is why they lost. It is always a good competitive game between these two clubs. The score was back and forth the whole game, but Copp was never down to my recollection. So to say being a man down is why M&D lost is not a fair statement. Give credit, where credit is due. Copp is a strong team and they came out on top that day. Love watching these two clubs battle on the field!
The same thing happened to Copp in the championship game against Crush. They went man down permanently for the last 9 - 10 mins of the game. This didn't cause them to lose, they were still scoring and running their offense. Defense had to be more aware of where the Crush players were and try to slide accordingly.
In my opinion, the Championship game was definitely the Copp vs M&D game.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having watched both games, Copp vs M&D and Copp vs Crush, the man down situation for M&D certainly affected the game. They were man down for approximately the last 6 mins. I wouldn't say that is why they lost. It is always a good competitive game between these two clubs. The score was back and forth the whole game, but Copp was never down to my recollection. So to say being a man down is why M&D lost is not a fair statement. Give credit, where credit is due. Copp is a strong team and they came out on top that day. Love watching these two clubs battle on the field!
The same thing happened to Copp in the championship game against Crush. They went man down permanently for the last 9 - 10 mins of the game. This didn't cause them to lose, they were still scoring and running their offense. Defense had to be more aware of where the Crush players were and try to slide accordingly.

The timing is not correct on the man down scenarios. M&D went man down with over 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half and the game tied. Coppermine went man down against Crush with less than 5 minutes left in the 2nd half, but Coppermine had a big lead at that time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The timing is not correct on the man down scenarios. M&D went man down with over 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half and the game tied. Coppermine went man down against Crush with less than 5 minutes left in the 2nd half, but Coppermine had a big lead at that time.

You are off by a lot with your times, but it doesn't matter what times are put up. You seem set on blaming M&D's loss to Copp on the man down scenario. The two teams battle all the time and is always a close, intense game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are off by a lot with your times, but it doesn't matter what times are put up. You seem set on blaming M&D's loss to Copp on the man down scenario. The two teams battle all the time and is always a close, intense game.

I agree that man down was around 10 minutes. But also agree lots of factors go into a loss (or win if you Coppermine). And there will always be something you can point to. Whether it’s a rare occurrence or not, it’s all a part of the game and you have to be able to adapt, which M&D wasn’t able to do. They are two of several really good teams in the area that will likely battle it out this spring. Should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like NGLL will not have divisions this year. One large pool of teams with the top teams moving on to the playoffs. Also, will have double headers with no bye weeks for most teams. Games will take place all around the Baltimore/DC area…to include Kent Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like NGLL will not have divisions this year. One large pool of teams with the top teams moving on to the playoffs. Also, will have double headers with no bye weeks for most teams. Games will take place all around the Baltimore/DC area…to include Kent Island.
What are you talking about? Tourney Machine shows clear A and B divisions at every grad year.

https://sxa56.app.goo.gl/bfA2pxMenYnCs6VYA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about? Tourney Machine shows clear A and B divisions at every grad year.

https://sxa56.app.goo.gl/bfA2pxMenYnCs6VYA
Should clarify...there will not be a North or South Sub-Division for the A or B conference this year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They haven't split the teams into divisions yet, that will be coming along with the schedule. Also, Kent Island HS is not a field option.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They haven't split the teams into divisions yet, that will be coming along with the schedule. Also, Kent Island HS is not a field option.
Yes they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They ARE NOT splitting the A division teams. League locations will be: Coppermine 4 Seasons and Norris, St Paul's, Garrison Forest, Howard County, Bowie, White Marsh, Moose Athletic, Kent Island HS, TBD locations in DC Suburbs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They ARE NOT splitting the A division teams. League locations will be: Coppermine 4 Seasons and Norris, St Paul's, Garrison Forest, Howard County, Bowie, White Marsh, Moose Athletic, Kent Island HS, TBD locations in DC Suburbs.

This is not correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This chain is so confusing. Is this inside info ore are people just making assumptions based on what they see on Tourney Machine or where ever?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This chain is so confusing. Is this inside info ore are people just making assumptions based on what they see on Tourney Machine or where ever?
It was sent to our club (lower level A) by NGLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush will not be joining any team. The chemistry and parents and coaching staff is excellent and the price is half of any club around and they are coached by a college coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush will not be joining any team. The chemistry and parents and coaching staff is excellent and the price is half of any club around and they are coached by a college coach.

Not sure what this is in reference to, but sounds like Crush plans to go at it in the High School years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what this is in reference to, but sounds like Crush plans to go at it in the High School years?
Why wouldn't they...they are a very talented team with a top notch coach. They should continue to be competitive through their recruiting years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So to recap....
Your club director got an email from NGLL saying they would not have any separation within the A division. It will be 1 big A division with no rhyme or reason to the scheduling? And every weekend will be a double header? So does that mean there are 16 games over 8 weeks or 8 games over 4 weeks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So to recap....
Your club director got an email from NGLL saying they would not have any separation within the A division. It will be 1 big A division with no rhyme or reason to the scheduling? And every weekend will be a double header? So does that mean there are 16 games over 8 weeks or 8 games over 4 weeks?
I don't think every team will have a doubleheader every weekend...doesn't make much sense if the season is running 25 Mar - 14 May (8 weeks). Maybe the few bye week teams will have to make it up with a doubleheader? The schedule will be interesting...not sure why they don't separate the A/B Divisions into two sub-divisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe that's there way of telling you to stay in the B division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe that's there way of telling you to stay in the B division.[/quote]

Hey Karma. Every club director got the email!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are people on this forum so snobby about teams in the "lower A" or B division? You may not care about those teams, but don't assume no one else does.

There are far more girls playing in the NGLL who are NOT on top teams than there are ON top teams. There are kids who love lacrosse, good players, and good match ups outside the top 4 or 5 teams. One of these days a girl on team you looked down on may even challenge your DD for a spot on a HS, club, or college team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are people on this forum so snobby about teams in the "lower A" or B division? You may not care about those teams, but don't assume no one else does.

There are far more girls playing in the NGLL who are NOT on top teams than there are ON top teams. There are kids who love lacrosse, good players, and good match ups outside the top 4 or 5 teams. One of these days a girl on team you looked down on may even challenge your DD for a spot on a HS, club, or college team.

Great post. Lots of top players on the top teams (as of now) have come from lower level teams. Talent and athletes are continuing to move up to better teams and show what they can do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Karma. Every club director got the email![/quote]

I assume they made this change because people were complaining that the North/South divisions were not fair and the VA teams were complaining about traveling so far for games. Although the North/South divisions weren't always equal across age groups at least they were somewhat consistent. Hopefully if they agreed to get rid of them then some thought will go into the scheduling at each grade level to make sure things are somewhat even. With 16 teams registered for "A" and only 8 games, then you avoid 7 teams. Imagine the complaining/unfairness if one of the top teams has to play the other 4 while one of the other top teams avoids them all. Or if one of the borderline A/B teams somehow avoids the top teams and ends up in the playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume they made this change because people were complaining that the North/South divisions were not fair and the VA teams were complaining about traveling so far for games. Although the North/South divisions weren't always equal across age groups at least they were somewhat consistent. Hopefully if they agreed to get rid of them then some thought will go into the scheduling at each grade level to make sure things are somewhat even. With 16 teams registered for "A" and only 8 games, then you avoid 7 teams. Imagine the complaining/unfairness if one of the top teams has to play the other 4 while one of the other top teams avoids them all. Or if one of the borderline A/B teams somehow avoids the top teams and ends up in the playoffs?[/quote]

Let's see if this information is actually correct before realizing the schedule will be a challenge. Lots of differing information out there right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume they made this change because people were complaining that the North/South divisions were not fair and the VA teams were complaining about traveling so far for games. Although the North/South divisions weren't always equal across age groups at least they were somewhat consistent. Hopefully if they agreed to get rid of them then some thought will go into the scheduling at each grade level to make sure things are somewhat even. With 16 teams registered for "A" and only 8 games, then you avoid 7 teams. Imagine the complaining/unfairness if one of the top teams has to play the other 4 while one of the other top teams avoids them all. Or if one of the borderline A/B teams somehow avoids the top teams and ends up in the playoffs?

Let's see if this information is actually correct before realizing the schedule will be a challenge. Lots of differing information out there right now.[/quote]

SCHEDULE
We will begin building the schedule shortly once we receive all field contracts back.

Schedule Structure
We will be creating the schedule a bit differently than in years past. This is due to a high volume of requests pertaining to the changes below.
1. League Dates: March 25th - May 14th
2. League Locations: Coppermine 4 Seasons, Coppermine Norris, St. Paul's School, Garrison Forest, Howard County, Bowie White Marsh, Moose Athletic, Kent Island HS, TBD additional locations (DC suburbs).
3. We have previously broken out the teams in each division into location-based pools and the top teams from each pool have moved on to play offs. This year, we will have one large pool of teams where the top teams in the division will move on to playoffs. We will still make sure to schedule as close to an equal amount of home and away games as possible.
4. We WILL be scheduling double headers.
5. We are ending the season a weekend earlier than in years past due to the movement of the National Championship to Cary, NC. We want to make sure that winning teams have time to make or cancel travel plans dependent on league results. This means there may be no bye weekends for most teams.

We plan to have the schedule to you in the first week of February

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see if this information is actually correct before realizing the schedule will be a challenge. Lots of differing information out there right now.

SCHEDULE
We will begin building the schedule shortly once we receive all field contracts back.

Schedule Structure
We will be creating the schedule a bit differently than in years past. This is due to a high volume of requests pertaining to the changes below.
1. League Dates: March 25th - May 14th
2. League Locations: Coppermine 4 Seasons, Coppermine Norris, St. Paul's School, Garrison Forest, Howard County, Bowie White Marsh, Moose Athletic, Kent Island HS, TBD additional locations (DC suburbs).
3. We have previously broken out the teams in each division into location-based pools and the top teams from each pool have moved on to play offs. This year, we will have one large pool of teams where the top teams in the division will move on to playoffs. We will still make sure to schedule as close to an equal amount of home and away games as possible.
4. We WILL be scheduling double headers.
5. We are ending the season a weekend earlier than in years past due to the movement of the National Championship to Cary, NC. We want to make sure that winning teams have time to make or cancel travel plans dependent on league results. This means there may be no bye weekends for most teams.

We plan to have the schedule to you in the first week of February[/quote]

----
Thanks for the information above, yes...that is what our club saw.

There doesnt seem to be a "lots of differing information out there right now"....just differences in opinion.

Play the games you are scheduled and see where your club falls, thats all you can control.

Or you can take the approach of this forum here and...complain about the games other teams have compared to yours, criticize young ladies and clubs that SHOULD beat a team by more than they do...constantly put down the lower teams that arent in the top 4/5.

I wonder how many of the parents of the 4-5 girls on the top teams, that rarely see the field, comment here and put down other clubs. I hope they realize that they are possibly a season away from a player coming to their club leaving no spot for their child. Enjoy the ride. These are young ladies playing a game. If you are #1, enjoy being #1. But if your child isnt an impactful player on that team, what does it really mean in the long run.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume they made this change because people were complaining that the North/South divisions were not fair and the VA teams were complaining about traveling so far for games. Although the North/South divisions weren't always equal across age groups at least they were somewhat consistent. Hopefully if they agreed to get rid of them then some thought will go into the scheduling at each grade level to make sure things are somewhat even. With 16 teams registered for "A" and only 8 games, then you avoid 7 teams. Imagine the complaining/unfairness if one of the top teams has to play the other 4 while one of the other top teams avoids them all. Or if one of the borderline A/B teams somehow avoids the top teams and ends up in the playoffs?[/quote]

So you’re nervous your top team won’t make the playoffs because you’re losing to the top teams in your bracket? Why would your team deserve to make the playoffs then? Is it because it was easier in the past, because there was half the amount of teams in the A bracket?

Historically, at this age, doesn’t the NGLL ramp up in size? This isn’t something new, correct? Looking at the 2027 A and the older teams in the past with NGLL, 16 teams seems average at this age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you’re nervous your top team won’t make the playoffs because you’re losing to the top teams in your bracket? Why would your team deserve to make the playoffs then? Is it because it was easier in the past, because there was half the amount of teams in the A bracket?

Historically, at this age, doesn’t the NGLL ramp up in size? This isn’t something new, correct? Looking at the 2027 A and the older teams in the past with NGLL, 16 teams seems average at this age.[/quote]

Yes but in the past the 16 teams were split into North/South division with 8 teams each and 3 teams from each division made the playoffs starting in 7th grade. The 2027 age group complained last year bc the one division was much stronger which meant a non top team made it to the playoffs from the weaker bracket and then got easily beat in the playoffs. Would be nice if in the new format they try to even things out so the top 6 teams make the playoffs to make them competitive instead of a team that sneaks in based on avoiding the top teams on the schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with.....Did I just see correctly that FCA Lacrosse has already posted their tryouts dates for the summer?? June 28 & 29........will the madness of making tryouts earlier and earlier ever stop??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Historically, at this age, doesn’t the NGLL ramp up in size? This isn’t something new, correct? Looking at the 2027 A and the older teams in the past with NGLL, 16 teams seems average at this age.[/quote]

Who is saying a team won't make the playoffs if they switch from the division format to 1 giant pool of good and bad teams? Let's say M&D has a schedule where they play 8 games, all against the "Top 8" teams. That's a Schedule of Coppermine, Crush, Hero's, MDU, Pride, Skwalkers, maybe CCLax or Hero's White. Let's give M&D a 6-2 record. Now let's take a lower level team who gets to play the bottom 8 teams and goes 7-1. They finish ahead of M&D in the standings with a higher seed and based on how other teams do, possibly miss the playoffs while a weaker team plays a weaker schedule and gets into the playoffs. It's hard to believe the people arguing here over the A bracket and playoff teams can't see this. As pointed out, this happened last year with the 27 bracket due to 1 division being much weaker than the other. Now you have 16 teams and only 8 games. 1 top team could play the 8 toughest teams out there while another top team or lower team plays 1 or 2 tough teams, has a better record and gets into the playoffs. Who is saying its easier to make the playoffs? The top 4 playoff teams for 28 A last year were the 4 teams that deserved it and proved to be the best 4.

To the comment on Top teams rosters and playing or not playing. The bottom of the Top 5 teams rosters is better than 95% of the lower level teams top players, so before anyone gets on their horse about how players aren't making an impact, only 11 players can start, and you need to have subs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just don't get the logic and benefit of one giant pool.

Divisions allow you to try to even it up, essentially evening up schedules. There's going to have to be some sort of rhyme reason of who plays who, when each team only plays 50% of the competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Divisions allow you to try to even it up, essentially evening up schedules. There's going to have to be some sort of rhyme reason of who plays who, when each team only plays 50% of the competition.

Let's be honest here... no divisions or 2 divisions doesn't matter. The schedule will be made to take into account the strength of the teams. Do you honestly think they are going to use a random generator now that there is only one division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's be honest here... no divisions or 2 divisions doesn't matter. The schedule will be made to take into account the strength of the teams. Do you honestly think they are going to use a random generator now that there is only one division?

Based on past history, I have no faith in the people in charge to put strength of teams into account. This was not the case previously.
If you are taking into account strength of schedule, why not use that to create two equal divisions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a chance tourney machine just had teams listed as one long list in A&B divisions for now and will make brackets once the schedule is ready? Or is this something new for this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Historically, at this age, doesn’t the NGLL ramp up in size? This isn’t something new, correct? Looking at the 2027 A and the older teams in the past with NGLL, 16 teams seems average at this age.

Who is saying a team won't make the playoffs if they switch from the division format to 1 giant pool of good and bad teams? Let's say M&D has a schedule where they play 8 games, all against the "Top 8" teams. That's a Schedule of Coppermine, Crush, Hero's, MDU, Pride, Skwalkers, maybe CCLax or Hero's White. Let's give M&D a 6-2 record. Now let's take a lower level team who gets to play the bottom 8 teams and goes 7-1. They finish ahead of M&D in the standings with a higher seed and based on how other teams do, possibly miss the playoffs while a weaker team plays a weaker schedule and gets into the playoffs. It's hard to believe the people arguing here over the A bracket and playoff teams can't see this. As pointed out, this happened last year with the 27 bracket due to 1 division being much weaker than the other. Now you have 16 teams and only 8 games. 1 top team could play the 8 toughest teams out there while another top team or lower team plays 1 or 2 tough teams, has a better record and gets into the playoffs. Who is saying its easier to make the playoffs? The top 4 playoff teams for 28 A last year were the 4 teams that deserved it and proved to be the best 4.

To the comment on Top teams rosters and playing or not playing. The bottom of the Top 5 teams rosters is better than 95% of the lower level teams top players, so before anyone gets on their horse about how players aren't making an impact, only 11 players can start, and you need to have subs.[/quote]

I'm not sure this is true. There are some very good players on teams outside the Top 5. A team of the best girls from outside the Top 5 would be pretty legit. Even the best players from the lower teams in the DC area would be pretty good, and that is exactly what happens at the high school level when the girls from lower teams combine to play for Capital.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To the comment on Top teams rosters and playing or not playing. The bottom of the Top 5 teams rosters is better than 95% of the lower level teams top players, so before anyone gets on their horse about how players aren't making an impact, only 11 players can start, and you need to have subs.

I'm not sure this is true. There are some very good players on teams outside the Top 5. A team of the best girls from outside the Top 5 would be pretty legit. Even the best players from the lower teams in the DC area would be pretty good, and that is exactly what happens at the high school level when the girls from lower teams combine to play for Capital.[/quote]

Thanks DC Dad for that hard core analysis. No one cares about Capital here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course people care about Capital, its going to be made up of teams we play in NGLL. Don't be so angry.

Like Reply Quote
Page 33 of 81 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard