Originally Posted by Anonymous
I did not see the game between M&D and Coppermine. However, I disagree with PP assertion that a team playing with a player down for more than 10 min “happens in every game”. That actually seems unique and significant, so I didn’t read it as an excuse either. I don’t believe anyone stated they did not agree with the calls or anything like that.

Good point. Playing man down for a majority of a half is not something that occurs in every game, especially in an indoor format. If the game is tied prior to playing man down, it's obvious it had a significant impact on the outcome. M&D looked much stronger than Crush.

Having watched both games, Copp vs M&D and Copp vs Crush, the man down situation for M&D certainly affected the game. They were man down for approximately the last 6 mins. I wouldn't say that is why they lost. It is always a good competitive game between these two clubs. The score was back and forth the whole game, but Copp was never down to my recollection. So to say being a man down is why M&D lost is not a fair statement. Give credit, where credit is due. Copp is a strong team and they came out on top that day. Love watching these two clubs battle on the field!
The same thing happened to Copp in the championship game against Crush. They went man down permanently for the last 9 - 10 mins of the game. This didn't cause them to lose, they were still scoring and running their offense. Defense had to be more aware of where the Crush players were and try to slide accordingly.
In my opinion, the Championship game was definitely the Copp vs M&D game.

The timing is not correct on the man down scenarios. M&D went man down with over 10 minutes to go in the 2nd half and the game tied. Coppermine went man down against Crush with less than 5 minutes left in the 2nd half, but Coppermine had a big lead at that time.

You are off by a lot with your times, but it doesn't matter what times are put up. You seem set on blaming M&D's loss to Copp on the man down scenario. The two teams battle all the time and is always a close, intense game.

I agree that man down was around 10 minutes. But also agree lots of factors go into a loss (or win if you Coppermine). And there will always be something you can point to. Whether it’s a rare occurrence or not, it’s all a part of the game and you have to be able to adapt, which M&D wasn’t able to do. They are two of several really good teams in the area that will likely battle it out this spring. Should be interesting.