BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 72 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In elite division matchups this weekend-

Next Level defeats Team 91 by a score of 6-4 in the Adrenaline Gold Cup Championship.

Crabs roll Hawks by a score of 12-2 in Fall Brawl pool play.

Team 10 beats Richmond Hawks by a score of 5-4 in Fall Brawl pool play.

Does the Hawks have 2 Teams? According to US Club lacrosse they have a green and a black team

Hawks only have 1 2027 team unless they are trying to scam the system by listing 2 for their games where they don't have the full team. The NY teams have multiple names so they don't get dinged when they play the teams out of region.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like the Crabs signed multiple free agents from their 2026 team….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks and out of town kids help. Looks like if you don’t have them in 8th grade you don’t stand chance in elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mediocre, but large mediocre.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the Hawks have 2 Teams? According to US Club lacrosse they have a green and a black team[/quote]

Hawks only have 1 2027 team unless they are trying to scam the system by listing 2 for their games where they don't have the full team. The NY teams have multiple names so they don't get dinged when they play the teams out of region.[/quote]

Ok, grab a map and follow along if you can: Annapolis, Maryland (home of the Annapolis Hawks) and Richmond, Virginia (home of the - wait for it - Richmond Hawks) are two whole different cities in two totally different states! I know it’s wild.

I so hope you’re just some weird troll and have not actually reproduced offspring.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When can a kid drop Club lax if he’s not really interested in college lacrosse but wants to be competitive in Highschool?

Here’s the situation my son will go to highschool with a very competitive lax team. He really wants to play varsity lax in highschool. He is a good player on a top team. But honestly he’s not a world beater. In my estimate the only way he would play D1 or D2 would be to go to whatever team would take him. In other words, he would have to twist his college choice around lax. I don’t think that makes sense and While he loves lacrosse he’s not that committed. Is the smart move to wait till he makes varsity and then stop club?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the Hawks have 2 Teams? According to US Club lacrosse they have a green and a black team

Hawks only have 1 2027 team unless they are trying to scam the system by listing 2 for their games where they don't have the full team. The NY teams have multiple names so they don't get dinged when they play the teams out of region.[/quote]

Ok, grab a map and follow along if you can: Annapolis, Maryland (home of the Annapolis Hawks) and Richmond, Virginia (home of the - wait for it - Richmond Hawks) are two whole different cities in two totally different states! I know it’s wild.

I so hope you’re just some weird troll and have not actually reproduced offspring.[/quote]

Thanks for your geography reply but do us all a favor and check the US Club Lacrosse rankings and note that there are two Annapolis Hawks teams listed for 2027 - green and black. Pretty sure that is what the original post was asking and if you took the time to actually read it perhaps you could have saved us all from your so called geography lesson

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I so hope you’re just some weird troll and have not actually reproduced offspring.[/quote]

Who said anything about Richmond? US Club Lax clearly list two Annapolis Hawks teams. Annapolis, the capital of Maryland. https://www.USCL.com/rank?state_abbv=MD&v=1027&alpha=Y&y=2022&seed=9yoaqm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes sense given their history. Remember, they were posting shots on IG last year during SandStorm with rostered 2026's playing for the 2027's.

The best thing to come along has been the use of Authenticate. They verify age and actual school grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When can a kid drop Club lax if he’s not really interested in college lacrosse but wants to be competitive in Highschool?

Here’s the situation my son will go to highschool with a very competitive lax team. He really wants to play varsity lax in highschool. He is a good player on a top team. But honestly he’s not a world beater. In my estimate the only way he would play D1 or D2 would be to go to whatever team would take him. In other words, he would have to twist his college choice around lax. I don’t think that makes sense and While he loves lacrosse he’s not that committed. Is the smart move to wait till he makes varsity and then stop club?

Tons of kids play top level club and don't go on to play in college. Does you son enjoy playing club? If yes, keep playing. If no, stick with highschool.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Drop Club lax now. He can still enjoy high school lacrosse. Going to Bellarmine, or South Cackalackey State to play lacrosse, rather than Virginia Tech or a legit school where he can get a legit education would be foolish.

And by the way, Club lacrosse at these big schools like VT (just using that as an example for local kids) is legit. Ton of former club players, the kids have a blast, and they don’t end up sacrificing a legit education so they can chase the delusions of D1 lax.

Just my opinion, which we all know are like tailpipes— everyone has one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Drop Club lax now. He can still enjoy high school lacrosse. Going to Bellarmine, or South Cackalackey State to play lacrosse, rather than Virginia Tech or a legit school where he can get a legit education would be foolish.

And by the way, Club lacrosse at these big schools like VT (just using that as an example for local kids) is legit. Ton of former club players, the kids have a blast, and they don’t end up sacrificing a legit education so they can chase the delusions of D1 lax.

Just my opinion, which we all know are like tailpipes— everyone has one.

This is heresy around here but is fantastic parenting advice, though I might give it until the end of 9th grade to make a decision. There are enough D1, D2, D3 spots for every talented HS player in the USA. Top/mid level D1 and top level D2 is where kids get twisted up making a poor school choice usually. At the majority of D3 programs, they are still looking for players in January/Feb during college applications.

See what 8th grade and 9th grade lax bring him. If by March of 9th grade, he's not the rare kid who makes varsity in 9th, and he's also not working out on his own daily-ish (without Dad barking at him to do so), it is probably time to shift the focus away from college lax, understanding that it may come full circle and he ends up playing D2, D3, club, or whatever, at a school he really wants to be at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Op here. Thanks for the excellent analysis. I am skeptical that my son would make varsity his freshman year. He’s athletic and skilled but my understanding is that the varsity rarely takes more than 1 or 2 freshmen. I think he’ll have a real shot making the team as a Sophomore (I know a bunch of the current varsity families and he compares favorably). My concern is that if this summer is his last club summer- do the kids playing club pass him by when he’s a sophomore. On the other hand, it seems a waste to make the investment in club and give up opportunities for him to go to camps or even (godwilling) get a job if we’re not all in for college lax. Again t truely appreciate the responses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to camps

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Op here. Thanks for the excellent analysis. I am skeptical that my son would make varsity his freshman year. He’s athletic and skilled but my understanding is that the varsity rarely takes more than 1 or 2 freshmen. I think he’ll have a real shot making the team as a Sophomore (I know a bunch of the current varsity families and he compares favorably). My concern is that if this summer is his last club summer- do the kids playing club pass him by when he’s a sophomore. On the other hand, it seems a waste to make the investment in club and give up opportunities for him to go to camps or even (godwilling) get a job if we’re not all in for college lax. Again t truely appreciate the responses

Great question and topic. I've had a few kids go thru the club and HS circuit in MIAA and IAAM. I assume that your son will attending one the MIAA A teams. If not it would change the equation. My oldest lines up close to what you've described. He was a contributor but not star on the JV his freshman year. He made varsity as a soph but rarely played. Junior year he played more but time was inconsistent. Solid contributor as a senior. He was lucky to be on be a club team with great coaches, kids and parents. He couldn't wait for the summer season because he was a first line player and on the field when game was close etc. It was a good club team but not "elite". they played mostly June events. Most of the boys will be getting these summer reps and definitely helped helped him make teams and earn PT So unless he's going to be working on his game independently it will be hard to keep up with boys that are "all-in" . If you're ok with financial and time investment on your part, club lacrosse is your best bet. He had jobs and went to beach in summers too. Ultimately he played MCLA club and had a blast. Good luck and enjoy the ride

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL & Machine in finals this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No team ten at the NAL this weekend???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s no one in Machine’s way, if LIE goes on a run they have a shot, that’s it. Never saw Mad Dog, maybe they can play with BBL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All depends on how many 9th graders mad dog brings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s no one in Machine’s way, if LIE goes on a run they have a shot, that’s it. Never saw Mad Dog, maybe they can play with BBL?

Aged like milk…. No one in their way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aged like milk…. No one in their way

Fall lacrosse is a crapshoot, give him some credit, he called LIE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You better check again there’s a lot of teams in the way; hope you didn’t put any money down on your machine bbl prediction

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New rankings are out. But mostly worthless due to so few results in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa beat Mad Dog National and BBL at NAL. They finished last season beating West Coast Starz and Eclipse. Seems to be a solid team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa beat Mad Dog National and BBL at NAL. They finished last season beating West Coast Starz and Eclipse. Seems to be a solid team.

Who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall is over. What does HoCo top 2 divisions look like?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Up for grabs judging by the fall results. Hawks got beat handily by Crabs and Team Ten, Ten then beat Crabs so who knows how good they are. Madlax has won some and lost some. NL looks the same as usual.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard what is going on with BLC? They've been very quiet this summer.

They folded. No 27 team this year.
Anyone this misinformed should just stay off this board and spectate

agree, but maybe the person was thinking of VLC, which did fold its 2027 team?

Fascinating to me that in 3 short years we went from the Cavs being a very respectable program,
to having no Cavs but VLC is created (2019),
to having VLC *and* VA Crabs and True VA (2020),
to having VA Crabs purchasing VLC (2020-2021) and True VA failing to take off,
to having all 3 newer programs in a terminal spiral in terms of program health (2021-2022).

All of this under the leadership of "Former D1 players" and "the best coaches," "elite program directors" etc. Well done, grownups.

True VA is doing just fine, thank you. Had a nice outing this last weekend. strong fall. stronger spring ahead.

Sure, compared to what. 2027 Black Bear has been beaten by 2028 A-level HoCo teams in the last 14 months. A hybrid 2027-2028 Dukes team was beat by a 2028 AAA HoCo team.

Parents make fun of programs like Cannons and Predators who get mopped up in dramatic fashion by the likes of Hawks and Madlax. Meanwhile True VA is over here crowing about beating teams that get beat by younger kids whose clubs aren't even in the conversation at their own age.

Strong spring ahead.......we'll check back in on that.

Facts. True has nearly endless resources and can't assemble (not buy) a real product in VA or MD that competes with real teams. And then when the promises aren't realized, the families bail out. That's the story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Up for grabs judging by the fall results. Hawks got beat handily by Crabs and Team Ten, Ten then beat Crabs so who knows how good they are. Madlax has won some and lost some. NL looks the same as usual.

HoCo will be a two team race between Hawks and NextLevel. NextLevel will fall short against the Hawks like they always do, but those two teams have pulled ahead of everyone else. Crabs might be in the mix if the holdback rumors are true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HoCo will be a two team race between Hawks and NextLevel. NextLevel will fall short against the Hawks like they always do, but those two teams have pulled ahead of everyone else. Crabs might be in the mix if the holdback rumors are true.

Crabs put a beatdown on Hawks (albeit w/o Hawks best attackman), so I would not rule them out. And NL did not impress this fall vs elite competition (not that any of the HoCo teams did).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs put a beatdown on Hawks (albeit w/o Hawks best attackman), so I would not rule them out. And NL did not impress this fall vs elite competition (not that any of the HoCo teams did).

By Spring Crabs will be top 3 . Say what you want, they have some new studs coming their way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks NY daddy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By Spring Crabs will be top 3 . Say what you want, they have some new studs coming their way.

Just because they are already 15, doesn't mean they are studs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Fall is over. What does HoCo top 2 divisions look like?

That Hawks attackman is worth 10 goals?….ok

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs dads on here beating their chest. Glad to see you finally beat a legit team at 27. It only took you how many years,holdbacks,coaching changes and out of town kids?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs dads on here beating their chest. Glad to see you finally beat a legit team at 27. It only took you how many years,holdbacks,coaching changes and out of town kids?

Beating your chest about an off-season game is pretty amateur

The new fat crab in town on the 2027 team has been waiting for this day for a long time I bet. Years and tears of losing. Celebrating a fall game is lame. Beat them in HOCO and you'll get your championship feast

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Potentially yes. He is the dominant player in the elite division of HoCo, and one of the criticisms of Hawks, is that they over-rely on one player for their offense. I am not saying that he would have ten goals/assists himself, but his absence changes the match ups and strategies for both teams, so the game would have been much different if he had been there. (no, he is not my son).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The attackman from Hawks has moved on. The family told the Hawks they will be secondary to all star teams like the Red Hots. Several other families are considering moving too because of the fall results. They didn't believe it when people told them it was a pretty average team except for him. He is probably a top 5 in that class nationally.

Next Level is a really good, but not great, local club. Red Hots beat them 2 out of 3 and NL lost this weekend to the all star teams. I am told the roster was extremely depleted due to illness and injury. They crushed every other club team they played and beat a few all star teams.

Crabs have probably jumped to top 2 in elite if Hawks attackman doesn't play or if other Hawks families jump ship.

The next story is DC Express. They are really bad. Next Level beat them without a bunch of starters 16-0. The refs stopped keeping score at 12. I can't believe they want to be elite and I can't believe that club will be around after this season.

MadLax probably scratches out top 4 but could slide out if FCA or Team 91 MD play well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The attackman from Hawks has moved on. The family told the Hawks they will be secondary to all star teams like the Red Hots. Several other families are considering moving too because of the fall results. They didn't believe it when people told them it was a pretty average team except for him. He is probably a top 5 in that class nationally.

Next Level is a really good, but not great, local club. Red Hots beat them 2 out of 3 and NL lost this weekend to the all star teams. I am told the roster was extremely depleted due to illness and injury. They crushed every other club team they played and beat a few all star teams.

Crabs have probably jumped to top 2 in elite if Hawks attackman doesn't play or if other Hawks families jump ship.

The next story is DC Express. They are really bad. Next Level beat them without a bunch of starters 16-0. The refs stopped keeping score at 12. I can't believe they want to be elite and I can't believe that club will be around after this season.

MadLax probably scratches out top 4 but could slide out if FCA or Team 91 MD play well.

Good info! BLC has just really become an average club like SWers. We enjoyed the activities with them early on. Saw too much drama on coaches, especially at the 27 age, to try to stay with them.

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 72 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard