BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,328
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 81 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are there any publics school girls considering on making the transition to one of the premiere private schools for lacrosse? We're thinking about it, but wondering if the exorbitant costs are worth it. We won't qualify for any kind of financial aid, but really can't afford to fork over 15-20k plus a year for a high school\l education. Do any of these schools offer sports "scholarships"?

Are you happy with your public school? Do students from there typically have the qualifications and grades to get in to most universities? Does it offer AP or dual enrollment courses that will be helpful to make her competitive? Does your daughter already have a friend network/social group that will attend the public school? Does she play other sports? Is she already playing for a top club team?

It is not necessary to go to a private school to play lacrosse in college. A college coach will most likely never come to a HS game because they are in-season as well. Recruiting is done through club, and a lot of effort on the part of the player and parents to maintain communication with schools, attend camps and showcases.

If you are satisfied with the public school and it's ability to orepare her for college, than paying $15k a year that could be used for college instead doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any publics school girls considering on making the transition to one of the premiere private schools for lacrosse? We're thinking about it, but wondering if the exorbitant costs are worth it. We won't qualify for any kind of financial aid, but really can't afford to fork over 15-20k plus a year for a high school\l education. Do any of these schools offer sports "scholarships"?

Are you happy with your public school? Do students from there typically have the qualifications and grades to get in to most universities? Does it offer AP or dual enrollment courses that will be helpful to make her competitive? Does your daughter already have a friend network/social group that will attend the public school? Does she play other sports? Is she already playing for a top club team?

It is not necessary to go to a private school to play lacrosse in college. A college coach will most likely never come to a HS game because they are in-season as well. Recruiting is done through club, and a lot of effort on the part of the player and parents to maintain communication with schools, attend camps and showcases.

If you are satisfied with the public school and it's ability to orepare her for college, than paying $15k a year that could be used for college instead doesn't seem to make sense to me.
I agree that spending that amount of money solely for a sport seems excessive and unnecessary. However, there are good reasons to spend money for a private school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter went public we live in Baltimore. Recruiting is done thru club but if you play in one of the big private school leagues, that counts too. Like IAAM. I forget what the Washington league is called. They’re all that matter below the Mason Dixon line for leagues. Everything else is a crapshoot.
I found that some schools will look at private school girls first and pick or you have to be a super solid public school individual player. But if your girl is good don’t worry about it. You’ll know if she’s good or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone of you clubs participating in the National Indoor Lacrosse Championship at Spooky Nook?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter went public we live in Baltimore. Recruiting is done thru club but if you play in one of the big private school leagues, that counts too. Like IAAM. I forget what the Washington league is called. They’re all that matter below the Mason Dixon line for leagues. Everything else is a crapshoot.
I found that some schools will look at private school girls first and pick or you have to be a super solid public school individual player. But if your girl is good don’t worry about it. You’ll know if she’s good or not.

Baltimore City? I can't recall a public school lax player from the city committing to a D1 program in recent memory. I assume you mean the county.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimore City? I can't recall a public school lax player from the city committing to a D1 program in recent memory. I assume you mean the county.
That's the problem with some public schools. Some have less than stellar lacrosse programs and play against less than stellar competition. Playing in the IAMM A league is like playing in the NGLL A league. Lots of talent and competition on the top teams - which continues the development of the player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the problem with some public schools. Some have less than stellar lacrosse programs and play against less than stellar competition. Playing in the IAMM A league is like playing in the NGLL A league. Lots of talent and competition on the top teams - which continues the development of the player.
Funny thing is parents know it and laugh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And when the 4 years of HS are over and the girls going to private schools just for better lacrosse are in the same place as the public school girls - remember the public school girl saved 50-80k. Because we all know that one person that just does it because everyone else is and they must keep up with the Jones. After all… each of our girls is the next Charlotte North.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And when the 4 years of HS are over and the girls going to private schools just for better lacrosse are in the same place as the public school girls - remember the public school girl saved 50-80k. Because we all know that one person that just does it because everyone else is and they must keep up with the Jones. After all… each of our girls is the next Charlotte North.

If you are playing for a top 5 club, that is where the recruiting will happen. Sure it is nice to also have top tier competition at your high school as well, but not necessary to move to the next level, and not worth $50,000 to most families.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the current list of 2024 commits to D1 schools. This is still early, so these are top girls that are off the board and there are plenty of public school kids listed.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/commitments/girls?class=2024&league=6

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think its foolish to send your kid to a private school based only on lacrosse, but it sure makes a difference.

There's plenty of good players at a few great public programs like Marriotts Ridge, Glenelg , Severna Park, Broadneck, Century but at end of day IAAM is where the top talent is in area (13 current UMD players from IAAM schools).

Private also has some big advantages, non lax related, look at how Covid was handled as a starter.

That being said, you can very easily end up at same destination and save tons of $ doing public.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, recruiting mainly takes place at the club level but it can not hurt to play in a very tough league like the IAAM, ISL, or WCAC.

Think about this when all things are equal and a coach at a college has one open slot and must choose between a girl who has been through a tough private school season and one who coasted through a less-than-competitive public school season which one of those girls do you think would get chosen?

Also, most of the improvement you will see from the players come during HS because they are practicing every day for a couple of hours on top of games the HS Coach will have a huge impact on how your daughter progresses and improves over the next few years and most of the better coaches at the private schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, recruiting mainly takes place at the club level but it can not hurt to play in a very tough league like the IAAM, ISL, or WCAC.

Think about this when all things are equal and a coach at a college has one open slot and must choose between a girl who has been through a tough private school season and one who coasted through a less-than-competitive public school season which one of those girls do you think would get chosen?

Also, most of the improvement you will see from the players come during HS because they are practicing every day for a couple of hours on top of games the HS Coach will have a huge impact on how your daughter progresses and improves over the next few years and most of the better coaches at the private schools.

For those who have the means to pay for private HS and 4 years of college, then yes it will obviously be a benefit to practice and play with other top players, but it isn't a necessity.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community standards
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it also depends on what public school you are zoned for. Many of the schools in HoCo have excellent lacrosse teams, in other counties, not so much. As the PP said, once you're in high school, there's no club spring season and you spend the most hours practicing with your high school team so naturally your coach and level of competition will have an impact on your development. I'm not saying this is a reason to pay for high school if you're otherwise happy with your child's public, but it can be a factor where lacrosse is concerned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What other counties are you referring to that don't have excellent lacrosse teams? Must be nice to have cash for private school for this pure philosophy on recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What other counties are you referring to that don't have excellent lacrosse teams? Must be nice to have cash for private school for this pure philosophy on recruiting.

The post literally says lacrosse is not a reason to pay for high school. And many other posts have said the same thing. But might someone who goes to SPSG, for example, have better lax development opportunities built into their school experience than someone who goes to a public with an average lacrosse team? Obviously, yes, thought It’s not the end-all-be-all. There are other ways to get opportunity and experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MOCO can not even come close to competing with the teams from Howard county, Baltimore county, or Anne Arundel county they all run circles around the schools in MOCO. Personally, I really don't have the cash to pay full price at a private school either but there is a ton of academic money at these schools as long as your girls keep the grades up. it never hurts to apply to these schools and if you're accepted then go and apply for every bit of financial aid you can find. I pay about half of what the tuition would normally be just because of the academic money the lacrosse is way better our JV team plays some of the MOCO Varsity teams and beat them for scrimmages. on top of that, the academics are absolutely top-notch and very challenging.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you look at any of the top 10 ranked teams, it doesn't matter where you go to HS. Yes, they have a good amount of private school girls on there, but their public school girls get recruited at the same rate, and to the same schools.

Thinking about the top six 2028 teams that are always discussed on this board, I don't think it will matter what high school their top players attend. If they have continue to work hard and develop, have the grades to get into colleges and follow the steps of the recruiting process they will be able to play at good lax programs at the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Intriguing matchups at the Chesapeake Invitational on Sunday. Coppermine, Hero’s, Eagle Stix, and Aces in the same pool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Intriguing matchups at the Chesapeake Invitational on Sunday. Coppermine, Hero’s, Eagle Stix, and Aces in the same pool.

The pink and the purple brackets both look pretty tough. M&D didn't play MDU or Crush at national fall lax fest so those will both be good games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros was the only local team not at national lax fest, so it will be good do see their fall debut and how they fared with summer additions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros was the only local team not at national lax fest, so it will be good do see their fall debut and how they fared with summer additions

Skywalkers also wasn't at National fall lax fest. They lost some talent.

Unless Hero's really picked up some talent, they are in for an 0-3 day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers also wasn't at National fall lax fest. They lost some talent.

Unless Hero's really picked up some talent, they are in for an 0-3 day.

Eagle Stix/Coppermine should be a great matchup. I bet both teams have that game circled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's got at least 1 new addition

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hero’s added like 4 or 5 new players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mostly players from White or top players from lower A or high B teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard white...top HoCo players...and a reclassed 2027.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top hoco players would explain their scores at the natl lax fest then

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where was the reclassed 2027 from? Didn't realize that happens like on the boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where was the reclassed 2027 from? Didn't realize that happens like on the boys.

Looked at the roster and knew immediately who it was. They did it with their older daughter too. Told Heros they would hold her back if she made Green, but the 2026 coach wasn’t having it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the M&D Black 2029 roster! I know of two and heard they may have 4-5.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Renegades. Older sister was on Hero’s White 2025 and is now on M&D black 2026. Both purely released for lax reasons. Kind of pathetic IMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Renegades. Older sister was on Hero’s White 2025 and is now on M&D black 2026. Both purely released for lax reasons. Kind of pathetic IMO.

That's hard to take in that they re classed both just to get an "edge" on lacrosse. And then on top of that to go to Hero's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's hard to take in that they re classed both just to get an "edge" on lacrosse. And then on top of that to go to Hero's.

Know the family. It’s true. They had to remove them from public and go private in order to reclass. Public school wouldn’t allow them to repeat grades due to them both being honor students. Dad is a little “special”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is kinda wild the one year of difference makes but its really true.

Coppermine 27 which is a solid but not great team lost only by 1 to Coppermine 28.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine 27 which is a solid but not great team lost only by 1 to Coppermine 28.

Coppermine 27 is not solid. I'd argue the 28 team is better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm confused by this post. If your saying very good 28s can beat pretty good 27s...doesn't that mean that a year doesn't always make that much of a difference?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's kinds the point, a solid/not solid 2027 team can beat the top 2028 team, just based on the one year advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course the 28 team is better - that's the point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's kinds the point, a solid/not solid 2027 team can beat the top 2028 team, just based on the one year advantage.

Ha...but you said they lost. They have won against them, though.

Like Reply Quote
Page 27 of 81 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard