BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 140 of 260 1 2 138 139 140 141 142 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Long Island dad here. It's funny to see this board now complaining about reclassing. "Can't win in 2027 so you drop down" etc. This whole disaster of older kids playing younger kids to look better was started by all of you. Now some team that you feel like you should be better than beats you at your own game (holding kids back in middle school for lacrosse) and they are the "Astros of 2028".

Anyone from Madlax that complains needs to check themselves...you all have been rolling out a kid WAY bigger and stronger than everyone for years.

BTW- we all know what's going to happen this summer. Madlax going to lose in Hocon (??) and then pull the "guest" players in for the summer. All because they would rather inflate their record than win/lose with their own kids. And the world turns...
I’ll say it again. Madlax has one kid on the roster who has ever been in the 2027 class. We all know who it is. So just stop with the reclass accusations you’re just flat out wrong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island dad here. It's funny to see this board now complaining about reclassing. "Can't win in 2027 so you drop down" etc. This whole disaster of older kids playing younger kids to look better was started by all of you. Now some team that you feel like you should be better than beats you at your own game (holding kids back in middle school for lacrosse) and they are the "Astros of 2028".

Anyone from Madlax that complains needs to check themselves...you all have been rolling out a kid WAY bigger and stronger than everyone for years.

BTW- we all know what's going to happen this summer. Madlax going to lose in Hocon (??) and then pull the "guest" players in for the summer. All because they would rather inflate their record than win/lose with their own kids. And the world turns...
I’ll say it again. Madlax has one kid on the roster who has ever been in the 2027 class. We all know who it is. So just stop with the reclass accusations you’re just flat out wrong.
We all know the entire Hawks attack is reclassed, 30% of Crabs are, and a few from Madlax. But it sounds like FCA has taken the cake on the holdbacks this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ll say it again. Madlax has one kid on the roster who has ever been in the 2027 class. We all know who it is. So just stop with the reclass accusations you’re just flat out wrong.[/quote]

I'll say it again. Whether you have 1 or 11 holdbacks, ML benefitted GREATLY from the lax holdback rules. Without your 14yr old, ML is not top 20 in the country. Stop whining about holdbacks hypocrite!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll say it again. Whether you have 1 or 11 holdbacks, ML benefitted GREATLY from the lax holdback rules. Without your 14yr old, ML is not top 20 in the country. Stop whining about holdbacks hypocrite![/quote]
Wow, he must be Superman then

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re referring to the 28 Crabs having 30% holdbacks, your either misinformed or full of [Censored]. They have ONE boy who was held back in 1st grade. ABSOLUTELY NO HOLDBACKS

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait they have one holdback but no holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll say it again. Whether you have 1 or 11 holdbacks, ML benefitted GREATLY from the lax holdback rules. Without your 14yr old, ML is not top 20 in the country. Stop whining about holdbacks hypocrite!
Wow, he must be Superman then[/quote]

He is not the leading scorer on the team.

Apparently he must be making all the saved shots, all the defensive stops, all the face offs, all the asssts, all the goals scored.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 28 have an attack who played 2027 last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But apparently NO HOLDBACKS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs have no holdbacks, that won’t age well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any news on BLC heard they got 2 madlax kids and a Player from BBL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He’s a true 28 has played up your years. Something most of you on here could never claim. Get your facts straight before you post something on here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any news on BLC heard they got 2 madlax kids and a Player from BBL

Nobody from BBL went to BLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He’s a true 28 has played up your years. Something most of you on here could never claim. Get your facts straight before you post something on here

How many 28s will reclass after this season? Will there still be zero crabs dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many 28s will reclass after this season? Will there still be zero crabs dad?
If they have no new holdbacks they’ll continue to graze in the bottom half of the HoCo Elite field where they’ve always beem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML dad here. FCA is the team to beat this year. They have always played us tough even when they were little. Some matchups are like that.....but they are vastly superior to last year. Sure we were short handed, but I have to assume they were too (???). I "maybe" like our odds with everyone playing and a goalie without a broken hand....but they are legit.

I know people are going to scream HOLDBACKS.....but whatever....that's how the system works. FCA is a great organization and I don't have any dislike of them whatsoever. Other teams better be ready.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML dad here. FCA is the team to beat this year. They have always played us tough even when they were little. Some matchups are like that.....but they are vastly superior to last year. Sure we were short handed, but I have to assume they were too (???). I "maybe" like our odds with everyone playing and a goalie without a broken hand....but they are legit.

I know people are going to scream HOLDBACKS.....but whatever....that's how the system works. FCA is a great organization and I don't have any dislike of them whatsoever. Other teams better be ready.....

FCA will lose to the Hawks. FCA might be the champs of the Fall, but time will tell. Hawks dropped a 20-piece on them in HOCO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You missed the previous poster’s emphasis on “this is not the FCA team of past.” Madlax has never lost to them. Ever. But from before the bell rang, you could see they had picked up 5-6 new, and huge, kids… a few holdbacks, and so what that’s within the rules, but also just som pubescent 12-13 year olds. The game was even in the first half, but with no goalie in the second and only 4-5 subs, the outcome was never really in doubt.

FCA will lose to the Hawks. FCA might be the champs of the Fall, but time will tell. Hawks dropped a 20-piece on them in HOCO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How useful are these free prospect days that the MIAA schools have?

I have a kid who is on a club that doesn’t have a traditional connection to a school.

Are these the best way to get familiar with the coaches and get on their radar?

We went to one and it seemed to be a little less than effective but perhaps I’m not sure what to look for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Generally, my opinion is just exposing your son to the school environment is worth it. Not sure how it impacts the coaches, but gauging your son's interest seems more important.....fwiw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How useful are these free prospect days that the MIAA schools have?

I have a kid who is on a club that doesn’t have a traditional connection to a school.

Are these the best way to get familiar with the coaches and get on their radar?

We went to one and it seemed to be a little less than effective but perhaps I’m not sure what to look for.

It depends on expectations. Prospect clinics are supposed to (key words) mimic a varsity practice at the prospective school. Pace, tenor, intensity, etc.

1) If your kid is the best kid (top 5, maybe) at the clinic, expect some attention from the staff and a followup request. If you take a tour, it should then absolutely include someone from the coaching staff. "Possibilities" for scholarships, team roles, etc may be thrown about but no commitments. May offer to "walk through" your kid's application if his test scores and grades aren't in the top 25% of applicants. Ultimately he will still need to make tryouts in February of 9th grade year, so.....

2) If your kid is not the top 3-5 kids at the clinic, it's really just for the sake of getting to know the vibe and pace of how the varsity players and coaches act and interact with each other on the field. The coaches will address the group of players but you won't get any personal time and your son won't specifically be remembered. Attendance is a good thing to mention when you reach out to the coaching staff during the application process.

Watch the 2027 BOTC board this winter, or look back at last winter's 2026 posts. You will see a whole lot of Dad Smoke about "this school is EXTREMELY interested in my son," "Oh yeah all the coaches are calling my kid," etc etc etc and in the end probably 50% of those kids don't even get admitted to the private school that Dad wants them to attend. So levity / relativity should be part of your focus as a parent.......very few lax kids will get lax scholarships, and most of those are 10% scholarships anyway, and 100% of them go to kids who the staff think will make varsity in 9th grade (very, very, very few kids in MIAA schools).

And another tip, unless your son is in the top 10 of an elite club lax roster, don't make this process all about lacrosse. The education and the brotherhood are important, whether you are talking Dulaney or Mt. St. Joe or McDonogh. Good high schools are intended to be a boot camp for high level college education, so "high school fit" is critical. Especially since lax coaches quit and get fired like anybody else.

Would love to know who is more despondent about this post, the benchwarmer parents on elite teams, or the AAA, AA, and A ball parents who thought their kid would just slide into a lax scholarship in 9th grade. "But the coach knows his name!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most despondent dads aren't yet, but will be, the elite brow beater dads whose sons get injured playing JV or F/S in 9th grade and find it's the perfect excuse to quit the sport permanently and get out of dad's purview for a few hours a day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good teams playing this Sunday and next in FallBrawl and B'More Fall Classic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some good teams playing this Sunday and next in FallBrawl and B'More Fall Classic.

I'm sure Hawks vs Predators is going be very exciting hahah

Team 91 MD gets to see how good they are. Are they elite? Hawks will tell them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First look at the new BLC squad. New head coach and new additions from other squads. Preds, VLC and FCA White may not be much of a test for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First look at the new BLC squad. New head coach and new additions from other squads. Preds, VLC and FCA White may not be much of a test for them.
BLC vastly improved but I’m not sure they’re head and shoulders above ANYONE at this stage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the fall optimists!

Is there a championship/playoff or is it three games and done?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC vastly improved but I’m not sure they’re head and shoulders above ANYONE at this stage.

I recall BLC beat Preds 17-2 a year ago, so let's see what the differential is this year.

BLC and Team MD are hard to really judge at the moment in terms of where they belong.

The bucket of 91/FCA White / Predators / VLC all seems to make sense though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When was the last time BLC went 3-0 in a tournament?

Hopefully there is a playoff bracket and BLC gets a crack at Crabs. Will be a good barometer of how much better they actually got.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I recall BLC beat Preds 17-2 a year ago, so let's see what the differential is this year.

BLC and Team MD are hard to really judge at the moment in terms of where they belong.

The bucket of 91/FCA White / Predators / VLC all seems to make sense though.
The score was 13-4 and they are much improved. Madlax was actually the much better than BLC in that tournament. Did No. 47 from Madlax go to Hawks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully there is a playoff bracket and BLC gets a crack at Crabs. Will be a good barometer of how much better they actually got.
BLC dad....if Preds, FCA White or VLC comes close to beating BLC you guys can erase the Elite button.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BLC dad....if Preds, FCA White or VLC comes close to beating BLC you guys can erase the Elite button.

That was kind of my point in wondering about this year's Preds vs BLC score. Preds, FCA White, and 91 all received players who were bumped from elite teams due to holdbacks. They are all improved. Does it make a difference? Guess we will see. Also depends on whether FCA drops down some FCA Blue players as they have in the past year at tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
hid just moved from jersey he was also on patriot. He's a big kid standing at 5'9 I saw him play against dukes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax May only have 1 kid that previously played 2027, but Madlax 2028 has multiple kids that SHOULD be 2027s that have always played as 2028s (in other words multiple kids born before September 1, 2009). You are arguing semantics when you say they aren’t holdbacks because parents were savvy enough to “hold them back” in kindergarten. Doesn’t change the fact they are not on age and should be playing 2027.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax May only have 1 kid that previously played 2027, but Madlax 2028 has multiple kids that SHOULD be 2027s that have always played as 2028s (in other words multiple kids born before September 1, 2009). You are arguing semantics when you say they aren’t holdbacks because parents were savvy enough to “hold them back” in kindergarten. Doesn’t change the fact they are not on age and should be playing 2027.

Seriously? "Savvy" parents with an eye toward world domination in seventh grade lacrosse? This obsession with holdbacks has jumped the shark (if it hadn't already).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is savvy to hold your kid back in kindergarten, or later, for many reasons, social, academic, and sports. Most families are not thinking about 7th grade lacrosse when they made the decision 8 years ago, but they were thinking about the many short term and long term benefits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is savvy to hold your kid back in kindergarten, or later, for many reasons, social, academic, and sports. Most families are not thinking about 7th grade lacrosse when they made the decision 8 years ago, but they were thinking about the many short term and long term benefits.

Don't kid yourself, some parents plan conception so there children have the latest birthday permitted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public school parents love the cut off nonsense....."born after this date, no this date, no this one".....even tho many states have different dates. This is a sport, not a school. And unfortunately for the whiners, this sport in paprticular doesn't care what the poors think. Like it or not, that's how it works and it will never change.

Ppl always single out ML, but my son goes to school with many BLC and NL players and they def don't fit the public school on-age standards the bench player dads cry about on regularly on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Public school parents love the cut off nonsense....."born after this date, no this date, no this one".....even tho many states have different dates. This is a sport, not a school. And unfortunately for the whiners, this sport in paprticular doesn't care what the poors think. Like it or not, that's how it works and it will never change.

Ppl always single out ML, but my son goes to school with many BLC and NL players and they def don't fit the public school on-age standards the bench player dads cry about on regularly on BOTC.

Sure they dont holdback Dad. Holdbacks are part of elite lacrosse , just the way it is,, All sports have holdbacks, just that lacrosse is dominated by the amount of holdbacks that play. That is why it is considered the sport for the 5-10 white guy that gets pummeled in BB, Football against the actual true athletes .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, Prefirst Dad, Now do you feel better when Little johnny competes against younger boys? MIAA schools offer a Prefirst so eveyone can claim, well they said I should !! My little Johnny just wasnt ready,

Like Reply Quote
Page 140 of 260 1 2 138 139 140 141 142 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard