BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,088
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 30 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team USA u16 girls are all interchangeable. Really no difference in talent. The competition wasn’t that good but they all looked phenomenal out there.

Team USA u16 girls are all interchangeable. Really no difference in talent. The competition wasn’t that good but they all looked phenomenal out there.

14,17, 1 , 16 and 7 stood out for sure. The others dominated in mop up time. Not a great opportunity to evaluate though.

I agree with the first poster, if you mean “stood out” by not passing to wide open teammates and try to show off trick shots against weak competition I guess you are right. Making the team was way more impressive than what I saw. They would have been better off keeping the top 44 girls and making 2 teams and having them play each other. Then the ball hogs wouldn’t look so impressive.

No different than any showcase. And nothing against the the girls. Club coaches actually tell the kids to ball hog at showcases. They say that’s what they are looking for.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another ball hog event today? When will it end? Sheep shelling over money to see their daughter on Instagram?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

14,17, 1 , 16 and 7 stood out for sure. The others dominated in mop up time. Not a great opportunity to evaluate though.

I agree with the first poster, if you mean “stood out” by not passing to wide open teammates and try to show off trick shots against weak competition I guess you are right. Making the team was way more impressive than what I saw. They would have been better off keeping the top 44 girls and making 2 teams and having them play each other. Then the ball hogs wouldn’t look so impressive.

it's a showcase. Let the girls have fun. It's all part of the game and these girls aren't the first nor will they be the last to play with extra flair. Did you watch the senior team USA over the summer? BTBs for days. insane skills. Anytime you play for team USA you want to showcase the game. No harm no foul.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok yes, other goalies in the country are very good as well and are going to top schools but UNC, Hopkins and Rutgers are still amazing turn outs and the fact that your are trying to argue this shows that you simply may be jealous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another ball hog event today? When will it end? Sheep shelling over money to see their daughter on Instagram?

My daughter didn’t go. I wouldn’t let her. All I heard all day is how bad she wished she was there. So……maybe it’s not about the money and people’s daughters happiness. I know even though it’s a money grab, I probably should’ve let her go.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter didn’t go. I wouldn’t let her. All I heard all day is how bad she wished she was there. So……maybe it’s not about the money and people’s daughters happiness. I know even though it’s a money grab, I probably should’ve let her go.

What event?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2024 Goalie class was exceptionally strong. You have YJ goalies going to Hopkins and UNC. Dewlax Goalie Going to Penn 180 Goalie going to USC M&D goalies going to Vanderbilt and Florida plus probably 6 or 7 other great goalies. Per several coaches was a bit stonger class than the 2023 class for depth.

Oh brother... Why post such nonsense? Goalies get recruited to the best college programs every year, no different than this class or the next class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok yes, other goalies in the country are very good as well and are going to top schools but UNC, Hopkins and Rutgers are still amazing turn outs and the fact that your are trying to argue this shows that you simply may be jealous.
No one cares that a goalie went to a top school but the goalies and their parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the Inside Lacrosse ID event? What did you think? My dd thought it was a pretty good event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares that a goalie went to a top school but the goalies and their parents.

it's a great event. The girls that attend have nothing but great things to say. They play with their future teammates and rivals. They get cool merch. 9 of the top10 2024s that were invited chose to go, the only that didn't go was due to injury. I know alot of top girls who choose to skip American select or UA events but flock to IL. These players obviously have respect for IL. It's always the parents that are salty. speaks volume. They charge money okay so what? what event doesn't? It's funny how these parents think charging money is some inmoral act . They are a business.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it's a great event. The girls that attend have nothing but great things to say. They play with their future teammates and rivals. They get cool merch. 9 of the top10 2024s that were invited chose to go, the only that didn't go was due to injury. I know alot of top girls who choose to skip American select or UA events but flock to IL. These players obviously have respect for IL. It's always the parents that are salty. speaks volume. They charge money okay so what? what event doesn't? It's funny how these parents think charging money is some inmoral act . They are a business.

Not true. My daughter was invited and didn't go. I know of many YJ24 top team players who were invited and chose not to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm confused - are people talking about the usa u16 and u 18 teams or the inside lacrosse event?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. My daughter was invited and didn't go, and she is on top YJ24. I know of many YJ24 top team players who were invited and chose not to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm confused - are people talking about the usa u16 and u 18 teams or the inside lacrosse event?
Read the post. Thay are talking about IL event this past weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone go to the Inside Lacrosse ID event? What did you think? My dd thought it was a pretty good event.

My daughter played at the IL IDX event yesterday. Besides the event feeling a little disorganized at the beginning (tourney machine did not match what the coaches coaching the teams were given), I thought it was a good event.

Overall, a great opportunity to play with future teammates and a chance to play against high level commits. She had a great time playing her [Censored] off yesterday. No college coaches to worry about, just playing your best.

It was a lot of fun to watch and worst case, you maybe made some memories, new friends, or learned something new. For those that haven't had an evaluation, you could end up with one of those, too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter played at the IL IDX event yesterday. Besides the event feeling a little disorganized at the beginning (tourney machine did not match what the coaches coaching the teams were given), I thought it was a good event.

Overall, a great opportunity to play with future teammates and a chance to play against high level commits. She had a great time playing her [Censored] off yesterday. No college coaches to worry about, just playing your best.

It was a lot of fun to watch and worst case, you maybe made some memories, new friends, or learned something new. For those that haven't had an evaluation, you could end up with one of those, too.

FOMO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What event?

IL X

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What event?

IL X

Thats awesome !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are just about two month into the recruiting process and somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 players have committed to DI programs. Many on here are from Long Island and many focus on the "Top" college programs and "The Ivy's" (two of which Penn and Princeton fall under both Top 20 program and Ivy).

Nor too many LI kids committing to either...

Traditional Top 20 Programs and total commits and commits from LI... (Yes, I know there are some other strong programs i.e. Denver, Umass) I also realize that the numbers below are not exact (but they are close)

School ------ commits --- LI commits

Boston College: 8 -- 1
Duke: 8 -- 2
Florida: 10 -- 1
James Madison: 8 -- 1
Johns Hopkins: 8 -- 2
Maryland: 10 -- 1
North Carolina: 8 -- 3
Northwestern: 7 -- 0
Notre Dame: 10 -- 0
Penn: 9 -- 1
Penn State: 8 -- 0
Princeton: 7 -- 1
Stanford: 7 -- 0
Syracuse: 10 -- 0
Virginia: 7 -- 2
USC: 9 -- 2

Also...

Michigan: 12 -- 0
Loyola: 4 -- 2

Ivy's

Brown: 4 -- 1
Columbia: 6 - 2
Cornell: 5 -- 1
Dartmouth: 6 -- 1
Harvard: 9 -- 1
Yale: 8 -- 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are just about two month into the recruiting process and somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 players have committed to DI programs. Many on here are from Long Island and many focus on the "Top" college programs and "The Ivy's" (two of which Penn and Princeton fall under both Top 20 program and Ivy).

Traditional Top 20 Programs and total commits and commits from LI... (Yes, I know there are some other strong programs i.e. Denver, Umass) I also realize that the numbers below are not exact (but they are close)

Also...

Ivy's

Who cares! Obviously, there’s a lot of opportunity in women’s lacrosse throughout the country. Get a life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also...

Ivy's

It is so funny that some of you don't consider SB a top school. They are one of the best lacrosse programs out there with one of the best coaches in the game. Facts are facts folks and some of you are just plain ignorant and obviously have an axe to grind

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for those who chose to attend. Heroes, Skywalkers & Capital had a play day, so that took 50+ committed kids off the table. And all live in Troy Park's backyard...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also...

Ivy's

It is so funny that some of you don't consider SB a top school. They are one of the best lacrosse programs out there with one of the best coaches in the game. Facts are facts folks and some of you are just plain ignorant and obviously have an axe to grind

Take it easy Joe

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. My daughter was invited and didn't go. I know of many YJ24 top team players who were invited and chose not to go.

I Agree, mine too. She had a soccer game Saturday night and didn't feel like getting up early, riding in the car for 4 hours playing a few hours of LAX and then turning around to come home. Would I have loved her to do it - yes but I have learned to pick my battles. I'm sure it was a great event and had lots of fantastic players. Kudos to those who were able to attend. It looks like 81 of the 1st 400 D1 commits on the Lax Numbers board were rostered for the event and there were only 6 teams totaling ~112 players . Plenty of the top players that have already passed the finish line were likely not compelled to flock to ILX for many reasons including the $$. As I mentioned, some girls are still in other fall sports. Some may not have wanted to travel for a 6 hour event. Some may not have picked up a stick since or kept in shape since July and might not have felt comfortable. The list goes on. I am not sure why people on here are trying to shame those for not playing or getting invited. Judging from the overall range of players, I am guessing they had to invite at least 400 girls to get the 100 that were able to attend on 5 weeks notice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also...

Ivy's

You left out Stony Brook. They beat: Florida, JHU, Princeton, last season. You have all three on your list. Stony Brook is usually ranked in the top 10 (and oftentimes top 5 or 6) in the Nation at the end of the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also...

Ivy's

Take it easy Joe

Agree, take it easy. Pretty sure everyone on this site considers Stony Brook a Top 10 lacrosse program. Stony Brook skews the numbers when looking at Long Island recruits. Stony Brook is a good school academically and for many LI families SBU can be more affordable than the schools listed. Stony Brook is an outlier when looking at where Long Island players choose to go to college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also...

Ivy's

Take it easy Joe

Agree, take it easy. Pretty sure everyone on this site considers Stony Brook a Top 10 lacrosse program. Stony Brook skews the numbers when looking at Long Island recruits. Stony Brook is a good school academically and for many LI families SBU can be more affordable than the schools listed. Stony Brook is an outlier when looking at where Long Island players choose to go to college.

Its only an outlier because you want it to be. The post was about where LI kids went in regards to the top 20 programs. SB is currently ranked #5 preseason so it should have been listed if you wanted a true sense of where some of the LI girls were recruited. I know my daughter would have loved to been recruited by them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the smaller Long Island clubs doing with their recruiting?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also...

Ivy's

Take it easy Joe

Its only an outlier because you want it to be. The post was about where LI kids went in regards to the top 20 programs. SB is currently ranked #5 preseason so it should have been listed if you wanted a true sense of where some of the LI girls were recruited. I know my daughter would have loved to been recruited by them.

No, it’s an outlier because close to 90% of their roster is usually from long island (which is not the case with the programs listed) and we all know that. No surprise to see a large percentage of SBU commits from the Island. It is surprising to see few if any LI kids committed to Syracuse, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Boston College etc… this year. I think the point of the post was to illustrate that with all the chatter about Top lacrosse programs and top academic schools a relatively small number of LI kids end up at those schools. Nothing wrong with Stony Brook but it is definitely not surprise to see LI kids committing there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also...

Ivy's

Take it easy Joe

No, it’s an outlier because close to 90% of their roster is usually from long island (which is not the case with the programs listed) and we all know that. No surprise to see a large percentage of SBU commits from the Island. It is surprising to see few if any LI kids committed to Syracuse, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Boston College etc… this year. I think the point of the post was to illustrate that with all the chatter about Top lacrosse programs and top academic schools a relatively small number of LI kids end up at those schools. Nothing wrong with Stony Brook but it is definitely not surprise to see LI kids committing there.

Yes no surprise because its a top lacrosse school and a very good academic school as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SBU is a top lacrosse school stats don't lie. He takes LI girls because obviously they can play or they would not be recruited to a top 10 D1 school...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SBU is a top lacrosse school stats don't lie. He takes LI girls because obviously they can play or they would not be recruited to a top 10 D1 school...

Some LI dads just have trouble admitting this. Be happy where your daughter went and try not to sound so silly bashing an obvious top program because it recruits in its backyard. Smart if you ask me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some LI dads just have trouble admitting this. Be happy where your daughter went and try not to sound so silly bashing an obvious top program because it recruits in its backyard. Smart if you ask me.

Was there a post bashing Stony Brook? Not sure what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have said because its mainly LI girls its not a top lax school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was supposed to say NON-LI dads. I apologize. The original poster was saying that not many LI girls were recruited by top 20 programs and Ivy's and on his list he left out SB saying they really dont count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was supposed to say NON-LI dads. I apologize. The original poster was saying that not many LI girls were recruited by top 20 programs and Ivy's and on his list he left out SB saying they really dont count.

I think it is well known that Stony Brook has been one of the 10 best women's lacrosse programs for several years now. It is also well known that SBU gets the large majority of their players from Long Island. I do not believe that anyone said that Stony Brook doesn't count. The point was made that Stony Brook "skews" the numbers because just about all of their players come from the island and that is not the case for the rest of the programs. Even Maryland which is very heavy with Maryland players is not at 85% plus MD players. Maybe I am wrong but from what I have listened to over the years, Stony Brook is not the "Dream School" for most of the players and parents from Long Island (or other parts of the country). North Carolina, Boston College, Notre Dame, Virginia, Northwestern, Florida, Syracuse, USC, Duke, Stanford, Princeton, Penn etc... appear to be the
schools that people chase. Stony Brook has a very good lacrosse program and it is a good school but it is not on par with the rest of the top lacrosse programs academically or for the overall college experience. I didn't read the original post as a slight against Stony Brook simply because it is common knowledge that the SBU roster is always made up of mostly Long Island players so no need to point out the number of commits. It was surprising to see how few Long Island kids are headed to the other schools listed. SBU people are being a little sensitive.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Any thoughts about the girls who have been recruited and offered verbals by a couple top 20 schools and respectfully waiting for fall showcases? Those girls are waiting and "hoping" for offers from their dream schools. Some dream schools are top tiered schools and some are not. "Hoping" is probably not the best idea during the recruiting process, but that's the way their thinking.
Any thoughts? Thank you all for any suggestions!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonymous1234
Any thoughts about the girls who have been recruited and offered verbals by a couple top 20 schools and respectfully waiting for fall showcases? Those girls are waiting and "hoping" for offers from their dream schools. Some dream schools are top tiered schools and some are not. "Hoping" is probably not the best idea during the recruiting process, but that's the way their thinking.

Waiting too long and the other offers might be gone. That's the big risk you face.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given the number of girls already committed to top-tiered schools raking wise and the Ivy's, are there spots still available or will those schools be looking at the 25's during fall tourneys? You absolutely want to find a school that is the right fit, but you roll the dice when you let an offer sit out there too long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by anonymous1234

In football, all the recruits tweet or post who's offered them, which often inspires a second look and other visits, and maybe a move up the chain for a better school. Girls lacrosse is nothing like that. It may be a possibility that you'll get picked up by your top school, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. You very well could lose out on an existing offer for one that will never come.

At some point you have to read the room.

Page 21 of 30 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard