BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,376
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Overwhelming majority of the 24’s are committed for ID experience. Is the event just meant for competitive lax prior to fall tourney season?

What is the ID experience ?

An Inside Lacrosse invitational event held end of October.

Who and how do they do the invites ?

By credit card

Nice joke but so true. First applications in with a behind the scenes email rec from their club coach is a resounding YES. Don’t believe me, if you have some time if you are there with your daughter, go watch some of the 2025s at this thing. 😳

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Overwhelming majority of the 24’s are committed for ID experience. Is the event just meant for competitive lax prior to fall tourney season?

You know rhe answer. It’s not for the kids. It’s for IL to make some money and decide which girls will make their 4 star list of camp attendees. There are still plenty of sheep with money that need something to share with their friends
[quote=Anonymous]Overwhelming majority of the 24’s are committed for ID experience. Is the event just meant for competitive lax prior to fall tourney season?

You know rhe answer. It’s not for the kids. It’s for IL to make some money and decide which girls will make their 4 star list of camp attendees. There are still plenty of sheep with money that need something to share with their friends

Safe to assume you didn’t get an invite. Got it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice joke but so true. First applications in with a behind the scenes email rec from their club coach is a resounding YES. Don’t believe me, if you have some time if you are there with your daughter, go watch some of the 2025s at this thing. 😳[/quote]

Pretty much just had to fill out an application for 2025s. I regretted signing up my daughter once I saw the roster. Girls from her team going who are not strong at all. Top M&D girls not going. Top goalies not there. At least will be a tune up for fall tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice joke but so true. First applications in with a behind the scenes email rec from their club coach is a resounding YES. Don’t believe me, if you have some time if you are there with your daughter, go watch some of the 2025s at this thing. 😳

Pretty much just had to fill out an application for 2025s. I regretted signing up my daughter once I saw the roster. Girls from her team going who are not strong at all. Top M&D girls not going. Top goalies not there. At least will be a tune up for fall tournaments.[/quote]

We passed for those reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty much just had to fill out an application for 2025s. I regretted signing up my daughter once I saw the roster. Girls from her team going who are not strong at all. Top M&D girls not going. Top goalies not there. At least will be a tune up for fall tournaments.[/quote]

There will be some strong players. And some other not so strong players. Probably just like the UA 150. Will be fun for the kids there though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For IDX, some kids will have conflicts due to field hockey or fall events, some will not want to go since they’ve already committed.

It should be a good event and the 2024’s were invited based on scouting by IL—if players decided not to attend it’s on them.

Unlike UA150, the 2024’s have been seen by IL Women and it isn’t from back door dealing with the group running UA150. The selection for that event is a joke.

The 2025’s will be a little messy, since we haven’t even gotten to the spring—some will stay high on the list and some will fall after next summer. It does offer an opportunity to rate those players as they just get into their recruiting push.

I have more faith in IL putting on an event than Robinson Sports choosing for UA150.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've always been of the opinion you go to the fall tournaments to help out your uncommitted teammates. The cost of Presidents Cup kinda puts that to the test though.

Things like ID Experience are just personal preference I suppose.

The flights to Dallas are ridiculous. I'm hopeful they move it back to Florida at some point so we can get cheaper flights. It's virtually the same as flying to San Francisco for us! Ugh. I do agree on helping out your teammates! No reason to leave them hanging!

For anyone on the West Coast that has to fly to the East Coast for the majority of Fall & Summer tourneys, the Dallas location is just fine thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For IDX, some kids will have conflicts due to field hockey or fall events, some will not want to go since they’ve already committed.

It should be a good event and the 2024’s were invited based on scouting by IL—if players decided not to attend it’s on them.

Unlike UA150, the 2024’s have been seen by IL Women and it isn’t from back door dealing with the group running UA150. The selection for that event is a joke.

The 2025’s will be a little messy, since we haven’t even gotten to the spring—some will stay high on the list and some will fall after next summer. It does offer an opportunity to rate those players as they just get into their recruiting push.

I have more faith in IL putting on an event than Robinson Sports choosing for UA150.

I don’t. The 2025 were picked the same way as UA150.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter was chosen without an application so the apps must have been to fill out the spots. We didn't know anything about it until the invite came out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty much just had to fill out an application for 2025s. I regretted signing up my daughter once I saw the roster. Girls from her team going who are not strong at all. Top M&D girls not going. Top goalies not there. At least will be a tune up for fall tournaments.

My daughter was chosen without an application so the apps must have been to fill out the spots. We didn't know anything about it until the invite came out.[/quote]

We didn’t have to apply. We just received an invite. I think many received same way. Yes some people emailed to get on roster but so what. I saw top 24/25 kids attending from top teams. Will be what they make of it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ focusing on Weiner & Ramos and forgetting about everyone else

Ramos won’t have any to top 25. Only care about A team

Well this turned out to be a completely wrong statement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stonybrook doesn't count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rutgers ? I agree that the number 5 ranked team doesn't count. They were just given out as gifts to those girls. They are probably friends with the HC. Such a laughable statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rutgers ? I agree that the number 5 ranked team doesn't count. They were just given out as gifts to those girls. They are probably friends with the HC. Such a laughable statement.

Goalies also don't count.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man who pissed in your cheerios today ? I hope your daughter goes where she hoped for. See it's so much easier to be nice and complimentary AND supportive. Why bash ? Last time I checked Goalies were needed to play the game and Stony Brook is ranked number 5 pre season so I guess JS kind of knows what he is doing and is good with recognizing talent in 16 YEAR OLDS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ramos goalie is insane. She deserved every bit of Rutgers offer. She was behind a Hopkins goalie and UNC committed goalie (basically top 2 goalies in the country) on yellow jackets otherwise she would be on A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But remember he said goalies dont count. Cant argue with logic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man who pissed in your cheerios today ? I hope your daughter goes where she hoped for. See it's so much easier to be nice and complimentary AND supportive. Why bash ? Last time I checked Goalies were needed to play the game and Stony Brook is ranked number 5 pre season so I guess JS kind of knows what he is doing and is good with recognizing talent in 16 YEAR OLDS

Nothing to do with any of those posts. Just wanted to add JS is slimy. Guy is a 1980s Used Car Salesman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing to do with any of those posts. Just wanted to add JS is slimy. Guy is a 1980s Used Car Salesman.

Everyone has different opinions on anyone. I like him. Never has done anything slimy in my point of view. Successful people will always have haters and even you will have to admit the guy is very successful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone has different opinions on anyone. I like him. Never has done anything slimy in my point of view. Successful people will always have haters and even you will have to admit the guy is very successful.

I don't think that's fair. Just because he is successful doesn't mean he should have haters. There's been a lot of successful coaches out there in any college sport that I think you would say they have some issues. Can't name any here because they would block that out. My kid doesn't play for Yellow Jackets and she wanted to play down south so I have no ax to grind. He's just slimy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think that's fair. Just because he is successful doesn't mean he should have haters. There's been a lot of successful coaches out there in any college sport that I think you would say they have some issues. Can't name any here because they would block that out. My kid doesn't play for Yellow Jackets and she wanted to play down south so I have no ax to grind. He's just slimy.

Why ? Personal interaction with him ? I have and I did not come away thinking anything like that at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter was chosen without an application so the apps must have been to fill out the spots. We didn't know anything about it until the invite came out.

We didn’t have to apply. We just received an invite. I think many received same way. Yes some people emailed to get on roster but so what. I saw top 24/25 kids attending from top teams. Will be what they make of it.[/quote]

We also received an invite and didn't fill out an application.

However, it isn't uncommon for coaches or people to email about openings and get in. A certain upper midwest team had multiple kids get into both UA and AS after they didn't get in via the tryouts by emailing both groups to see if that had any openings. So don't act like this doesn't happen in other events, but I'm doubtful all the 2025's or the 2024's made it into the IL event by sending in an email.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IL was not at one event this summer at the top teams games. Their top 10 list is pretty suspect too. Not hating on the kids but it isn’t that accurate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IL was not at one event this summer at the top teams games. Their top 10 list is pretty suspect too. Not hating on the kids but it isn’t that accurate

Because you know everyone who works for IL and what they look like right? and if they aren't visible with giant flashing arrows pointing at themselves then that must mean they aren't there? will they be at every event? no, but i can tell you from first hand knowledge that they have people out. How is their top 10 list suspect? what brings you to this conclusion? you know more lacrosse than they do? many posters in this thread have discussed how SUCCESSFUL their rankings actually have been contrary to uninformed opinions coming from people like you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because you know everyone who works for IL and what they look like right? and if they aren't visible with giant flashing arrows pointing at themselves then that must mean they aren't there? will they be at every event? no, but i can tell you from first hand knowledge that they have people out. How is their top 10 list suspect? what brings you to this conclusion? you know more lacrosse than they do? many posters in this thread have discussed how SUCCESSFUL their rankings actually have been contrary to uninformed opinions coming from people like you

I agree with the first poster. Club directors pumping up certain kids. Not saying to ten are not good players, but I really think the class in general does not have 10 players that are any different than the top 50 players. They are all interchangeable. Just look at the USA U16 team. The supposed top 10 girls there did not look any better than the rest of the girls on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the first poster. Club directors pumping up certain kids. Not saying to ten are not good players, but I really think the class in general does not have 10 players that are any different than the top 50 players. They are all interchangeable. Just look at the USA U16 team. The supposed top 10 girls there did not look any better than the rest of the girls on that team.

2024 yes. 2025 no. There's six girls going from my daughter's team and two probably three of them shouldn't. IT's not a top 5 team where everyone on the team is good. They got in from recs from the club owner/director. Two of them are defenders and they are really bad, not even ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Ranking" the players by number i.e. 1 through 10 etc... is not an exact science but over the years Inside Lacrosse has done an excellent job with their Top 30 - 40 lists/rankings (they might have ranked the Top 50 one year as well). There is no way to accurately assign a specific number to a player but grouping players in different tiers is somewhat possible although it's still "opinion". The validation of the IL Lists/rankings is usually illustrated by the college coaches at the most competitive college programs (the top 10 - 20 college programs). Everybody wants to believe that their daughter is a top tier player but the reality is most are not. In general, the best players all receive multiple offers from Top 10 Programs. If a player is not receiving substantial scholarship offers from several Top 10 programs she is most likely not a top tier player. Sorry but it is what it is. Just look at what colleges offered a spot and how much athletic scholarship was offered and you will have an idea of what caliber of player your daughter. Not promoting or knocking any school or program and certainly not trying to knock any players or their ability, just pointing out reality. The best college programs are the best because they get the best players. It is highly unusual for all of the coaches at the best programs to miss a player, collectively they do an excellent job and the results on the field prove that they are very good at identifying the top players. If the IL rankings and the coaches from the traditional top programs were wrong all the time we would see some non traditional programs become more competitive. You can even look by conference.... Look at year by year results, team vs team, top teams vs average / bottom teams... What are the results year after year? What are the overall series records?

ACC - North Carolina Vs Louisville & Virginia Tech
Big 10 - Maryland Vs Rutgers & Ohio State
Patriot - Loyola Vs Bucknell & Lafayette
Ivy - Princeton Vs Cornell & Yale
CAA - JMU Vs William & Mary , Drexel
AE - Stony Brook vs Albany & Vermont

The better programs get the better players .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Ranking" the players by number i.e. 1 through 10 etc... is not an exact science but over the years Inside Lacrosse has done an excellent job with their Top 30 - 40 lists/rankings (they might have ranked the Top 50 one year as well). There is no way to accurately assign a specific number to a player but grouping players in different tiers is somewhat possible although it's still "opinion". The validation of the IL Lists/rankings is usually illustrated by the college coaches at the most competitive college programs (the top 10 - 20 college programs). Everybody wants to believe that their daughter is a top tier player but the reality is most are not. In general, the best players all receive multiple offers from Top 10 Programs. If a player is not receiving substantial scholarship offers from several Top 10 programs she is most likely not a top tier player. Sorry but it is what it is. Just look at what colleges offered a spot and how much athletic scholarship was offered and you will have an idea of what caliber of player your daughter. Not promoting or knocking any school or program and certainly not trying to knock any players or their ability, just pointing out reality. The best college programs are the best because they get the best players. It is highly unusual for all of the coaches at the best programs to miss a player, collectively they do an excellent job and the results on the field prove that they are very good at identifying the top players. If the IL rankings and the coaches from the traditional top programs were wrong all the time we would see some non traditional programs become more competitive. You can even look by conference.... Look at year by year results, team vs team, top teams vs average / bottom teams... What are the results year after year? What are the overall series records?

I agree with this. I am happy getting a ton of money at one of the worse teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this. I am happy getting a ton of money at one of the worse teams.

I agree, I think the top ranked programs are very good at zeroing in on the top 30/40 players. You can look at the top programs and see their commits. BC, MD, UNC all ended up with some of the best players. Definitely not all of them.

Looks like some of the top players will be going to their top choices. Stanford, Duke, ND, Michigan, Ivys , etc. Many of the top players are not just picking top 3 ranked schools (lacrosse). Top 3 Rankings could definitely be changing over the next few years as some of the best players picked schools outside of the now ranked top 3.

Then, there’s the transfer portal too. That changes things up a lot, year by year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am pretty comfortable with my statements on IL and knowing the kids in 24 class! One of the best 24 players isnt even on the 5 star list and going to UNC. This is all tied in to kids doing IL events and not recruiting tournaments. Along with coaching friends of AM. They dont have that many people working there and couldnt even pull off Midnight madness this year, so the ID experience makes their money for them!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am pretty comfortable with my statements on IL and knowing the kids in 24 class! One of the best 24 players isnt even on the 5 star list and going to UNC. This is all tied in to kids doing IL events and not recruiting tournaments. Along with coaching friends of AM. They dont have that many people working there and couldnt even pull off Midnight madness this year, so the ID experience makes their money for them!

Midnight Madness failed because club coaches complained their top players wouldn't be available for visits/calls--it had nothing to do with "not being able to pull it off."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ramos goalie is insane. She deserved every bit of Rutgers offer. She was behind a Hopkins goalie and UNC committed goalie (basically top 2 goalies in the country) on yellow jackets otherwise she would be on A

So funny. YJ has the top 3 goalies in the country. You sound ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2024 Goalie class was exceptionally strong. You have YJ goalies going to Hopkins and UNC. Dewlax Goalie Going to Penn 180 Goalie going to USC M&D goalies going to Vanderbilt and Florida plus probably 6 or 7 other great goalies. Per several coaches was a bit stonger class than the 2023 class for depth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2024 Goalie class was exceptionally strong. You have YJ goalies going to Hopkins and UNC. Dewlax Goalie Going to Penn 180 Goalie going to USC M&D goalies going to Vanderbilt and Florida plus probably 6 or 7 other great goalies. Per several coaches was a bit stonger class than the 2023 class for depth.

Most will have to sit the bench or even redshirt. So many goalies!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So funny. YJ has the top 3 goalies in the country. You sound ridiculous.

Ask the people that are around 24s. Top 2 goalies are Dewlax and maybe team 180 or MND. The unc yJ is up there too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team USA u16 girls are all interchangeable. Really no difference in talent. The competition wasn’t that good but they all looked phenomenal out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team USA u16 girls are all interchangeable. Really no difference in talent. The competition wasn’t that good but they all looked phenomenal out there.

14,17, 1 , 16 and 7 stood out for sure. The others dominated in mop up time. Not a great opportunity to evaluate though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quite a few 2024’s turned it on their sophomore year. I think the additional events allowed more girls an opportunity to be seen and to show off that talent. I also attribute some of this to the rise of Goaliesmith training with Meg and their team.

I think a lot of college coaches have been pleasantly surprised they will pull a solid keeper for their 2028 class!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

14,17, 1 , 16 and 7 stood out for sure. The others dominated in mop up time. Not a great opportunity to evaluate though.

I agree with the first poster, if you mean “stood out” by not passing to wide open teammates and try to show off trick shots against weak competition I guess you are right. Making the team was way more impressive than what I saw. They would have been better off keeping the top 44 girls and making 2 teams and having them play each other. Then the ball hogs wouldn’t look so impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you do when your club and your team coaches are too busy to help recruiting?

Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard