BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 81 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D 28 Black Eagle Stix 28 Blue might be the best matchup of the day.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride Red getting some love from the odds makers. Don't think their games will be that close.

For tiebreakers, will it be goal differential or goals against?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pride Red getting some love from the odds makers. Don't think their games will be that close.

Goals against

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goals against

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not even sure how most of these tournament directors decide on brackets and games anymore. LLL schedule just came out and the imbalance is even worse and I can't imagine Heros and Coppermine get much from the tournament. It does appear that Coppermine was moved down to the third division but I don't even want to speculate why that would be...

Teams and last years club lax rankings (which if a tournament director has no idea as least is a blueprint)

Top bracket: MDU East (5) plays: Aces (7) YJ Maget (8) NXT (9) and Monster Purple (10)

Second bracket: Heros (4) plays: Philly Blast (14) MDU West (61) and SJ Shamrocks (65)

Third bracket: Coppermine (1) plays: Prime Time (19) Tradition (47) and Monster White (70)

Heros/Coppermine parents honest question- are your teams happy with this schedule? Are your teams missing players so asked to be moved down? I am just trying to understand how this still happens in 7th grade with lots of games played last year

Something happened on the Schedule as of a few weeks ago, Coppermine was in the Top Bracket. Now it seems they were moved to the 3rd bracket, so this was all the doing of the LLL tourney directors. When players registered the top bracket had Coppermine in it. Always good to get playing reps in so never discount a game, but for 3 games against the current schedule competition, it leaves a lot to be desired. Playing in the top bracket would be a lot better.

Looks like some club directors complained as the LLL brackets have changed. Heros Green now in the top division and lots of overall movement to make the divisions more equal. Somehow Coppermine stayed in the third division.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's a few matchups on a similar level and should be good games. M&D has 2 tough games, both will be fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRUSH!! 🍊🏆

Cry me a river Coppermine*

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRUSH!! 🍊🏆

You might as well gloat now. A crush championship is the most logical and obvious chain of events based on the match ups. If it doesn't happen, you will have some explaining to do and humble pie to eat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRUSH!! 🍊🏆

Crush is like the little Chihuahua nipping at all the big dogs for attention. In the end, the big dogs are the top for a reason while Crush tries to stay relevant. Maybe focus on beating Pride first before claiming a trophy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRUSH!! 🍊🏆

You might as well gloat now. A crush championship is the most logical and obvious chain of events based on the match ups. If it doesn't happen, you will have some explaining to do and humble pie to eat.
Not necessarily, all depends on what the rosters look like this weekend. I'm sure multiple teams will be missing key players due to other obligations. Fall tournament are pretty useless...teams should save some money and schedule play dates multiple times throughout the Fall.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRUSH!! 🍊🏆

Crush is like the little Chihuahua nipping at all the big dogs for attention. In the end, the big dogs are the top for a reason while Crush tries to stay relevant. Maybe focus on beating Pride first before claiming a trophy.

Did Crush get rid of all of their older teams? On their website it only says they have teams at 28, 29, and 30/31. I know that they are not considered a high school club, but I think I remember that they were trying to expand but looks like the opposite happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRUSH!! 🍊🏆

Did Crush get rid of all of their older teams? On their website it only says they have teams at 28, 29, and 30/31. I know that they are not considered a high school club, but I think I remember that they were trying to expand but looks like the opposite happened.

Yes, they no longer have a 26 or 27 team. I don't think they officially considering themselves a middle school only program, though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRUSH!! 🍊🏆

I think odds are in Crush's favor, but it's definitely not in the bag. They'll win against Pride, but the question is whether they can keep their goals allowed low. Both MDU and Coppermine only have one difficult game, so if either manages to go undefeated and keep GA low in their tough game, they could also slip in. (esp MDU who plays Eaglestix who's notorious for low scoring games)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CRUSH!! 🍊🏆

Yes, they no longer have a 26 or 27 team. I don't think they officially considering themselves a middle school only program, though.

Sounds like the demise is coming any day. Can't imagine the best players from the 28 team stick around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the talk on here about east road for crush… they got 3rd. Shocker was m&d losing twice. Also Nems still Nems , stick to the b division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know that it is a shocker that M&D would lost to two very good teams with both competitive scores. The biggest surprise is still probably Crush allowing some many goals against the teams they played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the talk on here about east road for crush… they got 3rd. Shocker was m&d losing twice. Also Nems still Nems , stick to the b division.

M&D lost to Coppermine and Eagle Stix so not like they lost to bums.

The draws were not done well. Besides M&D, ES was only good team to have 2 competitive matchups. Other “good” teams had 1 or zero tough games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine still has the #1 ranking for biggest laxer parents. 3 years running and undefeated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. Why are all the good teams in one bracket for playoffs and C and D level teams in other brackets making the playoffs and losing 9-0 in a mini game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. Why are all the good teams in one bracket for playoffs and C and D level teams in other brackets making the playoffs and losing 9-0 in a mini game?

I am sure eagle stix parents were less than thrilled with the format. They came all the way from gerogia, went undefeated beating 2 good teams and didn't even make the finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The divisions and playoffs never made any sense. I feel bad for Eaglestix who went undefeated against 2 difficult teams and still didn’t make playoffs due to having 3 more GA. While Coppermine played two teams who scored a total of only 12 goals in their 6 games combined. You play the schedule they give you so not Coppermine’s fault…but dense from a tournament perspective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably a better way to do it would be to have the number 1 and 2 seeds of each division just play each other. Most divisions had 2 3-0 teams. So Coppermine would have played ES in Championship game. I think everyone can agree that would be a good game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The tournament directors need to make some changes for next year and align the division and playoff format for better games and competition. It didn't matter what team came out of the lower division, they would have equally gotten crushed by any of the top teams in the top bracket. Pretty tough to see Eagle Stix or Maryland United out and not playing Coppermine while Stars didn't even score in the Championship game. The tournament has grown though so should hopefully continue to improve next Fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because organizers are incompetent and have no idea and/or interest in having the two best teams compete for the championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you know Crush was missing 2 of their best defenders all day?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a good game, but The MDU Eaglestix game ended up being as good as well. Only a 1 goal difference in that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eaglestix shoud definitely complain to think lax about the format. They went 3-0 and only allowed 12 goals the whole tournament and still didn't make the finals.

That format was pointless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, there was a lot of great lacrosse played yesterday. It is too bad the finals didn't allow for a culmination of the great lacorsse with the 2 teams with the best record in The A division playing eachother.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The tournament directors need to make some changes for next year and align the division and playoff format for better games and competition. It didn't matter what team came out of the lower division, they would have equally gotten crushed by any of the top teams in the top bracket. Pretty tough to see Eagle Stix or Maryland United out and not playing Coppermine while Stars didn't even score in the Championship game. The tournament has grown though so should hopefully continue to improve next Fall.

Championship division or showcase division.
Only championship division plays for a title. Or A and B level only and no mixing for playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree that it [Censored] to come all the way up from Georgia go three and oh and not make the playoffs what’s the tell you the truth
Most of those dads are the worst of the worst they know everything and will let you know that they know everything.
When things are going their way they’ll say hey let them play, when something happens to their daughter they are like ref aren’t you gonna do something.

So I hope they had a long and miserable drive home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole National Lax fest was a s**t show from the terrible officiating to the placement of the teams. They have to do better!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you know Crush was missing 2 of their best defenders all day?

Sounds like a CRUSHing excuse! Better luck next time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The simplest solution would be to add two more mini games. Have each division’s first place team play the other division’s second place team. The winners would then play for the championship. I’m sure the tournament owners could absorb the cost for referees (or add $5 to the registration fees).

This solution isn’t perfect, but it would be a vast improvement over the way it is currently done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree that it [Censored] to come all the way up from Georgia go three and oh and not make the playoffs what’s the tell you the truth
Most of those dads are the worst of the worst they know everything and will let you know that they know everything.
When things are going their way they’ll say hey let them play, when something happens to their daughter they are like ref aren’t you gonna do something.

So I hope they had a long and miserable drive home.
[quote=Anonymous]
Your comment about one team’s dads could be said about the fans of every team in the tournament. It takes a special kind of notIntelligent to post a comment implying that uniqueness to a single team.

My guess is that the ES parents had good trips home knowing their girls beat all comers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chesapeake divisions are out and they seem a lot more balanced:

Purple: Heros, Coppermine, ES, Aces

Pink: M&D, MDU, Crush, Jesters

Sky: Skywalkers, Pride, Hoco, 3d Colorado

Schedules are out and not ideal. I'd expect these game times during the summer season not fall/winter.
Its a shame NEMS wasn't included in the top 3 Divisions. They will be a much improved team from last year and will surprise some top teams. You heard it here first!
BAM! Told ya NEMS was a much improved team! Managed two goals against MDU, 1 against the ES Army (they had enough players for two teams), and 4 against Crush's shorthanded defense! Wait until our defense catches up with our offense!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chesapeake divisions are out and they seem a lot more balanced:

Purple: Heros, Coppermine, ES, Aces

Pink: M&D, MDU, Crush, Jesters

Sky: Skywalkers, Pride, Hoco, 3d Colorado

Schedules are out and not ideal. I'd expect these game times during the summer season not fall/winter.
Its a shame NEMS wasn't included in the top 3 Divisions. They will be a much improved team from last year and will surprise some top teams. You heard it here first!
BAM! Told ya NEMS was a much improved team! Managed two goals against MDU, 1 against the ES Army (they had enough players for two teams), and 4 against Crush's shorthanded defense! Wait until our defense catches up with our offense!

Nems clearly didn't belong in that bracket and whoever put them there lacks some clear common sense. However; none of the teams from the other bracket would have fared much better. Stars won that division and lost 9-0 in one 21 Minute half. Maybe NL would have been marginally better, but still would have gone 0-3. Pride would have rolled every team in the blue division and still went 0-3 in the green division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I tried to take a look at each of the competitive games that day and dont believe any one group of parents was any worse than the other. I agree the officiating was off at times but one person's 'great call" is another person's "horrible call". Shout out to Maryland United 28 parents. I always enjoy chatting with them and they are awesome people!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I tried to take a look at each of the competitive games that day and dont believe any one group of parents was any worse than the other. I agree the officiating was off at times but one person's 'great call" is another person's "horrible call". Shout out to Maryland United 28 parents. I always enjoy chatting with them and they are awesome people!!!

The officiating was not good for any game or any team. Everyone seemed to get bad calls all around. For the teams, just adjust and keep playing. For ThinkLax though, they need to do some major re-thinking of this Tournament and the format, along with bringing in Refs that actually know the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any publics school girls considering on making the transition to one of the premiere private schools for lacrosse? We're thinking about it, but wondering if the exorbitant costs are worth it. We won't qualify for any kind of financial aid, but really can't afford to fork over 15-20k plus a year for a high school\l education. Do any of these schools offer sports "scholarships"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s wrong with your public school?

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 81 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 80 81
Quick Reply