BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 136 of 260 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You speak the truth regarding the team family odds vs. family happiness.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son goes to school with a bunch of NL players. They have told him that something isn't clicking with the team right now. It's 7th grade gossip, but they are all pretty tight.

You seem awfully interested in this particular team. Does your son report to you the locker room gossip from all the elite Hoco teams plus top national teams, or do you and he focus mainly on NextLevel?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son goes to school with a bunch of NL players. They have told him that something isn't clicking with the team right now. It's 7th grade gossip, but they are all pretty tight.

You seem awfully interested in this particular team. Does your son report to you the locker room gossip from all the elite Hoco teams plus top national teams, or do you and he focus mainly on NextLevel?

different posters

you seem "awfully interested" in making sure no one talks about NL on here, why is that? do you understand what this forum is about my guy?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

different posters

you seem "awfully interested" in making sure no one talks about NL on here, why is that? do you understand what this forum is about my guy?

Yeah if your son goes to Landon or Mater Dei and plays lacrosse you are going to end up with a fair amount of Madlax, NL, and BLC gossip. You don’t have to do anything to seek it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlax parents are obsessed with NL.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL got bodied this weekend, someone posted scores and stats that everyone can see on Tourney Machine. If Madlax/Hawks/Crabs etc had played this weekend we'd be talking about them as well. Deal with it parents, talking about games and results is 100% what this forum is for.

Back to lacrosse, how can NL be having trouble scoring with all the talent they have at attack and mid, and no, I am not being sarcastic, they are in fact a good team and that's a sincere question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is very odd that a team could score 15 on MadLax in a HoCo playoff game, but then barely eke out a 5-4 win against True Chesapeake. Beats the heck out of me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it is very odd that a team could score 15 on MadLax in a HoCo playoff game, but then barely eke out a 5-4 win against True Chesapeake. Beats the heck out of me.

Is True Chesapeake = True Annapolis?

There's also True DC, True Baltimore, True National....this stuff is getting out of control

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL got bodied this weekend, someone posted scores and stats that everyone can see on Tourney Machine. If Madlax/Hawks/Crabs etc had played this weekend we'd be talking about them as well. Deal with it parents, talking about games and results is 100% what this forum is for.

Back to lacrosse, how can NL be having trouble scoring with all the talent they have at attack and mid, and no, I am not being sarcastic, they are in fact a good team and that's a sincere question.
Time to bring up a few players from the B team. They have some talent at midfield and attack.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because most of their best players play tackle football. They play on the same team as the madlax players but they just barely fielded a team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because most of their best players play tackle football. They play on the same team as the madlax players but they just barely fielded a team.

NL parent here. Any excuse making, incluindg football absences, is lame as it relates to this weekends scores. Offense not clicking & defense out of sorts. Plus got outhustled and outscrapped by LI Express in both games. That's all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time to bring up a few players from the B team. They have some talent at midfield and attack.

NL B team looking good this weekend at tournament. Team still has work to do, but that offense can score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL B team looking good this weekend at tournament. Team still has work to do, but that offense can score.

NL Red scored 2,7 and 7 goals and went 1-1-1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are not First,,,,you are last.. Hold in back to be first people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is True Chesapeake = True Annapolis?

There's also True DC, True Baltimore, True National....this stuff is getting out of control

Wait till you play True Hazzard County. Boss Hogg is the Director, so expect some shenanigans! Bo and Luke are coaching the 2028’s… probably using their NASCAR connections to bring in some ringers from Chickasaw County. Uncle Jesse is working with FOGOs, Cooter is working with goalies, and Daisy is the team mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Certainly room for improvement on offense, only scored 3-4 goals per game. Not gonna get it done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure, they scored 16. 7 vs. Predators (t), 7 vs. HoCo (w), and 2 vs. FCA (l), but gave up 20 goals and went 1-1-1 on the day, placing 4tth out of 6 teams. Looking good indeed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Chesapeake also tied Freedom who won the championship. So may not be just Next Level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL hasn’t beaten a top 20 team since last spring. Literally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did NL beat MadLax (a top 10 team) twice in HoCo but not beat a top 20 team since then - can somebody explain that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many have Madlax beaten without guest players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did NL beat MadLax (a top 10 team) twice in HoCo but not beat a top 20 team since then - can somebody explain that?

Because they are/were mostly 12 year olds with inconsistent training, hydration, workout regimens, distractions, etc. And then generally NL does not schedule them for terribly challenging tournaments, which is their choice, but sure makes it tough to see how good the team really is (though, again, they are 12 year olds so it hardly matters at this point).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure. NL has a FOGO that went something like 27 of 31 in the HOCo game against Madlax’s LSM and hodge podge of FOGO’s. And in the regular season he went something like 11 for 13. The FOGO has single handedly dominated the possession for NL against Madlax.

Not sure it’s the silver bullet, but if Madlax’s new FOGO can win 40%, Madlax will win by 7-8 in this matchup. As they did last fall when the 2 teams played, Madlax won 8-2 or something like that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DM > CM
Better Coach
Better Person
Better Product

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure. NL has a FOGO that went something like 27 of 31 in the HOCo game against Madlax’s LSM and hodge podge of FOGO’s. And in the regular season he went something like 11 for 13. The FOGO has single handedly dominated the possession for NL against Madlax.

Not sure it’s the silver bullet, but if Madlax’s new FOGO can win 40%, Madlax will win by 7-8 in this matchup. As they did last fall when the 2 teams played, Madlax won 8-2 or something like that.
Agree that face offs were a huge reason why an overall lesser team beat a stronger team. And, at least in the regular season game, coaching was a factor. The MadLax coach was screaming at the refs and his own kids in a way that I have never seen in a youth game in any sport; you could see the ML players tense and afraid to make mistakes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fogo big reason, but sub patterns too. Top 4 poles on NL much, much better than reserves; top goalie much, much better; top 2-3 middies much better. When NL has all top players playing and only goes like 12-14 deep like in big HoCo games, they are very good. But a big drop off after that. Hawks and Madlax have a stronger 18 deep line up which is what you need for tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm wondering how the new reclass NL goalie is working out. Use to play on ML27. He's very good and him leaving really hurt the team, but so was NL's existing, long time goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Chesapeake also tied Freedom who won the championship. So may not be just Next Level.

Or maybe True is just better than people want them to be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I miss the Cutters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree that face offs were a huge reason why an overall lesser team beat a stronger team. And, at least in the regular season game, coaching was a factor. The MadLax coach was screaming at the refs and his own kids in a way that I have never seen in a youth game in any sport; you could see the ML players tense and afraid to make mistakes.
The Madlax coach costs those kids game after game after game with his hysteria, complete lack of composure, and over-reliance on a couple of players. My kid is friendly with a bunch of those kids, they’re growing tired of it. And they’re a REALLY good team, prob one of the top 2-3 in the nation. Their coach just can’t get out of their way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]The Madlax coach costs those kids game after game after game with his hysteria, complete lack of composure, and over-reliance on a couple of players. My kid is friendly with a bunch of those kids, they’re growing tired of it. And they’re a REALLY good team, prob one of the top 2-3 in the nation. Their coach just can’t get out of their way.[quote]

You can say it. Their head coach is Cabell Maddox, the owner of the team and father of one of the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% agree with this. DM is a class act, good coach, and most importantly seems to be a good person. This combination will continue to attract good kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Madlax coach costs those kids game after game after game with his hysteria, complete lack of composure, and over-reliance on a couple of players. My kid is friendly with a bunch of those kids, they’re growing tired of it. And they’re a REALLY good team, prob one of the top 2-3 in the nation. Their coach just can’t get out of their way.

You can say it. Their head coach is Cabell Maddox, the owner of the team and father of one of the players.

What happened with the ML24's will happen with the 28's. All those college commits get a NL stamp on them. Ouch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened with the ML24's will happen with the 28's. All those college commits get a NL stamp on them. Ouch.

Can you shed some light on what happened with the madlax 24s and when? And why you think the same thing will happen with 28s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you shed some light on what happened with the madlax 24s and when? And why you think the same thing will happen with 28s?
I don’t know much… but the Madlax 2024 team was #1 in the nation thru 8th grade. Won everything. Then the best 5-6 players left for NL for various reasons, but one reason was because the coach played his two kids in front of 2 of those better players and they hit the bricks…perhaps there’s a better explanation, but that’s what I’ve heard from NL folks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t know much… but the Madlax 2024 team was #1 in the nation thru 8th grade. Won everything. Then the best 5-6 players left for NL for various reasons, but one reason was because the coach played his two kids in front of 2 of those better players and they hit the bricks…perhaps there’s a better explanation, but that’s what I’ve heard from NL folks

I'm not a Madlax parent, but making a bold proclamation about a team and then admitting that you don't actually know what's happening and only heard some things from some other people is peak BOTC 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not a Madlax parent, but making a bold proclamation about a team and then admitting that you don't actually know what's happening and only heard some things from some other people is peak BOTC 2028.

So true! I am no fan of Madlax either, but who starts off a post saying "I don't know much" about the topic and then proceeds to spread gossip opinions and other forms of nonsense. But please come back and report when you actually know something!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids are on the 91 MD roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question is really who left. Spring roster was 29. Summer roster was 30 + FCA guest players. Added 8, pre-tryout, from Kelly Post. Added 2 more KP and 1-2 Preds kids in tryouts. Lost only a few that I know of, but I cannot imagine the roster size is 42. As hilarious as it would be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question is really who left. Spring roster was 29. Summer roster was 30 + FCA guest players. Added 8, pre-tryout, from Kelly Post. Added 2 more KP and 1-2 Preds kids in tryouts. Lost only a few that I know of, but I cannot imagine the roster size is 42. As hilarious as it would be.

At some point don't you just make a B team

Like Reply Quote
Page 136 of 260 1 2 134 135 136 137 138 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard