BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,863
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 72 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Re the BBL vs. ML game. Some of your facts are incorrect.

1.) The Richmond "mercenary" doesn't play attack and he's been on the team for years (also not from Richmond). He travels to practice regularly in spring and summer, but misses a lot in the fall because of football....like a sizeable portion of the team, unfortunately.

2.) ML was up at halftime over BBL by several goals. You got the complete coach meltdown and joy stick coaching correct. It cost us the game in OT. In fact, it never would have gone to OT if he just let them play. ML had the upper hand most of the game. Regardless, BBL is good team and deserved to win. They have improved a lot.

3.) Two kids left and went to BLC that played attack and attack/middie. They did indeed leave because the coach just decided out of the blue that his son was going to be starting attack. The attack/middie is better than said son and his parents simply had enough of it. However, it is a sore subject with the other attackmen who get less PT in the rotation because of the move and is/will be an ongoing issue.

okay, you have thoroughly confused me. Point 2 talks about an overtime game between BBL and MadLax, but tourney app says that was a 10-2 BBL win. This is a 2027 thread, right?

I really don't care about the MadLax drama, I just want to know whether BBL would have had better competition at the Circuit in PA or at a regular tournament in Delaware. It looks to me like they would have had only one worthwhile game at either event. I thought that is what this discussion was about??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever on ML. How about DC Express? I'd like to consider them in the future and it looks like 27's were competitive this past weekend. How was the play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1.) The Richmond "mercenary" doesn't play attack and he's been on the team for years (also not from Richmond). He travels to practice regularly in spring and summer, but misses a lot in the fall because of football....like a sizeable portion of the team, unfortunately.

2.) ML was up at halftime over BBL by several goals. You got the complete coach meltdown and joy stick coaching correct. It cost us the game in OT. In fact, it never would have gone to OT if he just let them play. ML had the upper hand most of the game. Regardless, BBL is good team and deserved to win. They have improved a lot.

3.) Two kids left and went to BLC that played attack and attack/middie. They did indeed leave because the coach just decided out of the blue that his son was going to be starting attack. The attack/middie is better than said son and his parents simply had enough of it. However, it is a sore subject with the other attackmen who get less PT in the rotation because of the move and is/will be an ongoing issue.

okay, you have thoroughly confused me. Point 2 talks about an overtime game between BBL and MadLax, but tourney app says that was a 10-2 BBL win. This is a 2027 thread, right?

I really don't care about the MadLax drama, I just want to know whether BBL would have had better competition at the Circuit in PA or at a regular tournament in Delaware. It looks to me like they would have had only one worthwhile game at either event. I thought that is what this discussion was about??

Correct . 2027 BBL Nationals beat Madlax 10-2 last weekend in DE

I think BBL had better competition in DE. All the SweetLax teams were weaker, but Team 10, LI Express and Madlax are all solid teams. BBL didn't end up playing LI Express due to how the draw worked out, but despite the Madlax score, I think those 4 teams are relatively closely matched.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct . 2027 BBL Nationals beat Madlax 10-2 last weekend in DE

I think BBL had better competition in DE. All the SweetLax teams were weaker, but Team 10, LI Express and Madlax are all solid teams. BBL didn't end up playing LI Express due to how the draw worked out, but despite the Madlax score, I think those 4 teams are relatively closely matched.

just curious, how did two relatively closely matched teams played a 10-2 game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever on ML. How about DC Express? I'd like to consider them in the future and it looks like 27's were competitive this past weekend. How was the play?

DCE 2027 has a great coach and most of the best players from last year’s BLC and VLC teams. It will be interesting to see how many players migrate from NextLevel (bloated roster) and MadLax (daddy ball) over the next year. DCE has potential to be dominant by ninth grade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE 2027 has a great coach and most of the best players from last year’s BLC and VLC teams. It will be interesting to see how many players migrate from NextLevel (bloated roster) and MadLax (daddy ball) over the next year. DCE has potential to be dominant by ninth grade.

Hmmm. I'm not sure you could produce a dominant elite division team if you could pick anyone you wanted from the other divisions. Virtually all the kids at that level have already migrated to another elite team. I think DCE will be competitive in the bottom (3-8) of elite though - if that is where they end up being placed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE will get the Montgomery county madlax kids and maybe 2-3 of NL 2nd line kids. They might win 2 games in hoco elite. If those things don’t happen, DCE will shut It down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm. I'm not sure you could produce a dominant elite division team if you could pick anyone you wanted from the other divisions. Virtually all the kids at that level have already migrated to another elite team. I think DCE will be competitive in the bottom (3-8) of elite though - if that is where they end up being placed.

Agree. If you took an all star team of last year's VLC, BLC, and Team Maryland, which is basically what DCE is now, they would fall somewhere 3-8 in HoCo elite. They have picked up a couple of stray players from ML and NL, and will continue to do so, but from the bottom half of those teams rosters. If they can pluck a few players from the top half of those teams, then they've got something.
The demise of VLC will definitely help. When MadLax and NextLevel families get fed up, DCE will be their most likely option.
By the way, it will be interesting to see if HoCo puts them in the elite division this spring.
Have they played any fall tournaments yet, and if so, how did they do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like DCE held up against true and fca. Too bad Everyone knows crabs are going to win hoco this year. Holdbacks and kids from Texas Florida Carolina Arizona and whatever other kids that will board at BL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like DCE held up against true and fca. Too bad Everyone knows crabs are going to win hoco this year. Holdbacks and kids from Texas Florida Carolina Arizona and whatever other kids that will board at BL.

I will believe that when I see it. I know that Crabs have done that in other classes, but I do not see them surpassing Hawks and NextLevel in one year. Those teams are loaded with talent and have played together for years. Perhaps Crabs will wipe the table with everyone else but I seriously doubt they will win the division.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True Chesapeake and an FCA team that had their top players reclass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If DCE wants to be in HoCo elite, they will need some quality wins in the fall, or at least some respectable losses. Do they play NextLevel or Hawks? If they could come within 4-6 goals of either of those teams, then they belong in elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So their best players reclassed and left FCA? Where did they go? Does this mean no one reclasses and goes to FCA?

And DCE isn't coming anywhere close to Hawks or NL if those teams play their top 20. They'll be lucky to win 2 games with the current roster in HoCo.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you all are looking at the wrong teams to improve this year.

But I’ll let you be surprised in the spring when fca wins it all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now this is funny! You must be an FCA parent. We can all see the stats of their first fall tournament. 1-1-1. That team has been trying to rebuild for years. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s simple
1-hawks
2-NL
3-ML
4-91
5-crabs
6-fca
7- team md
8- true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now this is funny! You must be an FCA parent. We can all see the stats of their first fall tournament. 1-1-1. That team has been trying to rebuild for years. Good luck

Thanks for the chuckle, but FCA isn't going to be a factor in spring HoCo. They may pick up some new players, and I am sure that their current players are growing like fool and getting better, but everybody else is doing the same. Hawks are the overwhelming favorite to win for the umpteenth year in a row. NextLevel has the talent and the depth to match the Hawks, but the Hawks own them mentally, and will beat them (again) when it counts. The wildcard is Crabs, as a PP said, because they will load up on holdbacks and BL boarders, so you may see a brand new team of massive sized players in Crabs uniforms. But Hawks and NextLevel should beat the rest of the division, including FCA, without breaking much of a sweat. For the record I am NOT a Hawks parent and that is my objective assessment - trust me, it will age nicely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s simple
1-hawks
2-NL
3-ML
4-91
5-crabs
6-fca
7- team md
8- true

Looks about right. But this means that DCE is not getting into elite. Any way that they get in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the chuckle, but FCA isn't going to be a factor in spring HoCo. They may pick up some new players, and I am sure that their current players are growing like fool and getting better, but everybody else is doing the same. Hawks are the overwhelming favorite to win for the umpteenth year in a row. NextLevel has the talent and the depth to match the Hawks, but the Hawks own them mentally, and will beat them (again) when it counts. The wildcard is Crabs, as a PP said, because they will load up on holdbacks and BL boarders, so you may see a brand new team of massive sized players in Crabs uniforms. But Hawks and NextLevel should beat the rest of the division, including FCA, without breaking much of a sweat. For the record I am NOT a Hawks parent and that is my objective assessment - trust me, it will age nicely.

Hard to argue with any of that, but I think Hawks have been in their own echelon for a couple years, and Next level is closer to Crabs, 91 and ML than Hawks. NL played well in HOCO, but their summer schedule was pretty weak. That said... a lot of kids are starting to catch up size-wise to the two historically dominant attackmen on Hawks and NL, and it will be interesting to see if they can maintain that dominance against many defenders who are their size and bigger now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumor is crabs lost a large amount of players after last year failed marriage of existing crabs and fca kids. Don’t see them moving from middle of division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumor is crabs lost a large amount of players after last year failed marriage of existing crabs and fca kids. Don’t see them moving from middle of division

'27 crabs will be middle of the pack. I think FCA and 91 challenge for that 4th spot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Next Level is going to rank 2nd in HoCo per the previous post then they have a lot of work to do. Aside from a few players they look pretty rough. Did they get a lot of new players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Next Level is going to rank 2nd in HoCo per the previous post then they have a lot of work to do. Aside from a few players they look pretty rough. Did they get a lot of new players?

NL picked up some really good players. I’m not sure if they are playing this fall because of conflicts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who do you think would challenge them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs ! Everyone knows they will win hoco this year. New coaching staff,holdbacks and more out of state kids. How could they not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me ask this….the NXT tournament this past weekend had Next Level in it. They looked completely different than the Next Level team from the spring. Some really weak links. Is there more than one Next Level 2027?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL picked up some really good players. I’m not sure if they are playing this fall because of conflicts.

“I have a really hot, model girlfriend. No one has ever seen her because she goes to a different school.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dreaming? That's a fact 2, hold backs on that team and 2 who are playing up. They are clearly one of the best teams right now, I don't care if kids get held back or not. My point was that the 27 Hawks are not "full of holdbacks" which is the common theme above.

Again, what's the point? Reclass or not you can be good even playing against hold backs, seems like an excuse to me.

You obviously have not been thru the grind in last 5 years with respect to lacrosse played from 8-12th grade. Just wait until Puberty hits and many of your on age players are passed by holdbacks hitting puberty earlier and others that puberty has propelled along. Then it will be,,I got to do something, Johnny cant compete, These next few years are the big years to establish yourself, and being older works.

From 6 to 9th grade the lacrosse world changes. Reclass is on the way for many who really want to play on a top HS team. Sorry, No other way for many. 5-9 to 5-11 lacrosse player does not work on age for top HS or club teams. If your goal is Towson HS, you are ok, If your goal is MIAA, Dont even think on age will work. It wont for majority of players. The best teams starters are those same prefirst/holdbacks/reclassed everyone complains about and says will not make it. LOL

While this is pretty accurate related to starting players (still only about 50% of starters are holdbacks in MIAA, but yes that's a lot), this isn't at all accurate regarding contributing players (in MIAA, many of whom play in college), or regarding benchwarmers (in MIAA, a few of whom go on to play in college).

Different kids want different things. If your son and your family absolutely MUST get a lax scholarship to a TOP D1 college for whatever reason (legacy, "dreams" etc), then yes they should consider holding back.

But let's remember that a normal 14 year old has no idea what he wants to do in his life (a college selection driver...or it should be, even if it's Princeton vs Yale) and has not (really) discovered the distraction of parties and girls yet. Which makes the idea of holding back 6th-8th graders hilarious and risky. Many of those won't pay off in athletic terms. For those that do pay off in terms of athletic scholarships, remember that many of the holdbacks end up riding the pine at "Top D1 schools" once their year-older status can't give them a jump on the team's 24 year olds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me ask this….the NXT tournament this past weekend had Next Level in it. They looked completely different than the Next Level team from the spring. Some really weak links. Is there more than one Next Level 2027?
Fall doesn't matter, this is very typical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s okay Cabel/Billy/Bobby. Your madlax/DCE team is good too but still nowhere close to the team taking your players. Try being better persons and maybe you’ll keep your players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fall doesn't matter, this is very typical.

+1
Fall does not tell you much.
Plus, this is a team with a 28 man roster, and half of the roster either is under-played, or never plays. But due to weak competition at NXT, they played everyone. Looking ahead to spring, it is hard to imagine NextLevel having a record anything other than 8-2 (i.e., losses to Hawks in regular season and playoffs, beat everyone else). MadLax used to be competitive with NL, but that changed following covid, and nobody else in the division has shown much. The only way that NL would have a record other than 8-2 would be if a team such as Crabs overhauled its roster completely. Will that happen? We shall see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dreaming? That's a fact 2, hold backs on that team and 2 who are playing up. They are clearly one of the best teams right now, I don't care if kids get held back or not. My point was that the 27 Hawks are not "full of holdbacks" which is the common theme above.

Again, what's the point? Reclass or not you can be good even playing against hold backs, seems like an excuse to me.

You obviously have not been thru the grind in last 5 years with respect to lacrosse played from 8-12th grade. Just wait until Puberty hits and many of your on age players are passed by holdbacks hitting puberty earlier and others that puberty has propelled along. Then it will be,,I got to do something, Johnny cant compete, These next few years are the big years to establish yourself, and being older works.

From 6 to 9th grade the lacrosse world changes. Reclass is on the way for many who really want to play on a top HS team. Sorry, No other way for many. 5-9 to 5-11 lacrosse player does not work on age for top HS or club teams. If your goal is Towson HS, you are ok, If your goal is MIAA, Dont even think on age will work. It wont for majority of players. The best teams starters are those same prefirst/holdbacks/reclassed everyone complains about and says will not make it. LOL

While this is pretty accurate related to starting players (still only about 50% of starters are holdbacks in MIAA, but yes that's a lot), this isn't at all accurate regarding contributing players (in MIAA, many of whom play in college), or regarding benchwarmers (in MIAA, a few of whom go on to play in college).

Different kids want different things. If your son and your family absolutely MUST get a lax scholarship to a TOP D1 college for whatever reason (legacy, "dreams" etc), then yes they should consider holding back.

But let's remember that a normal 14 year old has no idea what he wants to do in his life (a college selection driver...or it should be, even if it's Princeton vs Yale) and has not (really) discovered the distraction of parties and girls yet. Which makes the idea of holding back 6th-8th graders hilarious and risky. Many of those won't pay off in athletic terms. For those that do pay off in terms of athletic scholarships, remember that many of the holdbacks end up riding the pine at "Top D1 schools" once their year-older status can't give them a jump on the team's 24 year olds.

Is that really the number? 50% are holdbacks who start in the MIAA?

I have no idea how you or anyone else would know this with any accuracy but it seems like it checks out at first thought.

Does it take into account the schools? I doubt 50% of the starters at BL or CHC are on age but I could see 80% of the kids at MSJ being on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me ask this….the NXT tournament this past weekend had Next Level in it. They looked completely different than the Next Level team from the spring. Some really weak links. Is there more than one Next Level 2027?[/quote]
Fall doesn't matter, this is very typical.[/quote]

+1
Plus, this is a team with a 28 man roster, and half of the roster either is under-played, or never plays. But due to weak competition at NXT, they played everyone. Looking ahead to spring, it is hard to imagine NextLevel having a record anything other than 8-2 (i.e., losses to Hawks in regular season and playoffs, beat everyone else). MadLax used to be competitive with NL, but that changed following covid, and nobody else in the division has shown much. The only way that NL would have a record other than 8-2 would be if a team such as Crabs overhauled its roster completely. Will that happen? We shall see.[/quote]

Someone at ML or DCE is axe grinding on NL. Just looked up the scores at tourney machine and NL gave up 1,1 and 4 in 3 games and played everyone. So, 33 gf and 6 ga. That's saying something given they have 29 rostered (although don't know if everyone was there). Madlax had 14 gf and 13 ga in 3 game pool play in Delaware. DCE Black goes 0-3 in their playday with 10 gf and 17 ga.

Not sure what the teenager is trying to prove here by going after NL but it's not working.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall doesn't matter, this is very typical.[/quote]

+1
Plus, this is a team with a 28 man roster, and half of the roster either is under-played, or never plays. But due to weak competition at NXT, they played everyone. Looking ahead to spring, it is hard to imagine NextLevel having a record anything other than 8-2 (i.e., losses to Hawks in regular season and playoffs, beat everyone else). MadLax used to be competitive with NL, but that changed following covid, and nobody else in the division has shown much. The only way that NL would have a record other than 8-2 would be if a team such as Crabs overhauled its roster completely. Will that happen? We shall see.[/quote]

Someone at ML or DCE is axe grinding on NL. Just looked up the scores at tourney machine and NL gave up 1,1 and 4 in 3 games and played everyone. So, 33 gf and 6 ga. That's saying something given they have 29 rostered (although don't know if everyone was there). Madlax had 14 gf and 13 ga in 3 game pool play in Delaware. DCE Black goes 0-3 in their playday with 10 gf and 17 ga.

Not sure what the teenager is trying to prove here by going after NL but it's not working.[/quote]

Did you happen to look at the teams Next Level played? Looked like they were playing down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't measure three teams by looking at each of their last tournaments and counting the wins and the GF/GA. NextLevel indeed played weak teams at NXT. But overall NextLevel is well ahead of MadLax and BLC. I don't think anybody is debating that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of you have way too much time to spend on here talking about fall ball. Most teams are still figuring out the new kids they got. The holdbacks are figuring out their new roles since they couldn't make on age . Out of town kids probably don’t want to fly in for a 3 game play day with terrible teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have no idea how you or anyone else would know this with any accuracy but it seems like it checks out at first thought.

Does it take into account the schools? I doubt 50% of the starters at BL or CHC are on age but I could see 80% of the kids at MSJ being on age.

Lets get on with it. Hold your son back and join us if you havent. The grass is greener over here. Playing down is not what it used to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

+1

They all have them. The main difference is that the top half of the league has significantly more than the bottom half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and hawks play each other in 2 tournaments this fall. Will it be the annual whopping or will crabs finally keep it interesting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs and hawks play each other in 2 tournaments this fall. Will it be the annual whopping or will crabs finally keep it interesting?
Crabs win somewhat easily- by at least 3

Like Reply Quote
Page 48 of 72 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard