BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,931
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So an offer from the number 5 ranked team in the country doesn’t count ????

I think you missed the implication that a YJ player is only going to a top team coached by a YJ coach. But maybe I missed something. Idk.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG girl to Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Still no commit from the DewLax goalie/Team USA U16 goalie.

Will be shocked if she doesn't end up at Notre Dame.[/quote]

Going to an Ivy! Book it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It tells me that in an attempt to [Censored] a youth team, you inserted a qualifier that trashed SB, the #5 ranked team in the country , and first choice for many girls on Long Island. Then in an attempt to clarify you chose as an adult to call out a specific 15/16 year old girl and diminish her hard work and talent by stating her offer Is only due to a family connection and she isn’t that good because she switched teams and is now on YJ B. So now you additionally trashed every girl on YJ B. Real classy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It tells me that in an attempt to [Censored] a youth team, you inserted a qualifier that trashed SB, the #5 ranked team in the country , and first choice for many girls on Long Island. Then in an attempt to clarify you chose as an adult to call out a specific 15/16 year old girl and diminish her hard work and talent by stating her offer Is only due to a family connection and she isn’t that good because she switched teams and is now on YJ B. So now you additionally trashed every girl on YJ B. Real classy

Great Post!

This recruiting process brings out all the trolls I guess. Good luck to all of the girls and their families. Let's hope it all works out for all of them and all the girls end up finding a place that makes them happy and provides them with great experiences. There are so many spots available at so many wonderful schools and programs. Not every kid will be playing for a top 20 school and not every kid is capable of it. They'll play in college and they'll hopefully all enjoy their last four years in this sport.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the detest on Coastal? Arguably, Jacksonville is a better lacrosse school but I cannot say they are better academically. It appears some of you are willing to let Jacksonville slide due to their rankings, but pour out your real feelings when the team doesn't have the ranking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great Post!

This recruiting process brings out all the trolls I guess. Good luck to all of the girls and their families. Let's hope it all works out for all of them and all the girls end up finding a place that makes them happy and provides them with great experiences. There are so many spots available at so many wonderful schools and programs. Not every kid will be playing for a top 20 school and not every kid is capable of it. They'll play in college and they'll hopefully all enjoy their last four years in this sport.

Totally! Let’s support ALL the LI girls on their recruiting journeys. They are all on different journeys! What’s a right fit for some is not a right fit others! For ,many different reasons.

Let’s all be thankful LI has such a good reputation in producing amazing lacrosse players and that being from here opens doors in itself and gets girls looks. Good luck to all the girls! Let’s all keep it classy, and support and hope for the best for all the girls, and they find a place THEY will be happy and thrive! Good luck to ALL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why the detest on Coastal? Arguably, Jacksonville is a better lacrosse school but I cannot say they are better academically. It appears some of you are willing to let Jacksonville slide due to their rankings, but pour out your real feelings when the team doesn't have the ranking.

I am the originator of the post on Coastal. Nothing against Coastal. But I don’t want my daughter going to Coastal.
But I wouldn’t want her going to Jacksonville either. I could care less what their rankings are. I wish my daughter goes to the best school academically she can make and play lacrosse at. That is not Coastal. I’m sorry. Great location but not a great school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great Post!

Totally! Let’s support ALL the LI girls on their recruiting journeys. They are all on different journeys! What’s a right fit for some is not a right fit others! For ,many different reasons.

Let’s all be thankful LI has such a good reputation in producing amazing lacrosse players and that being from here opens doors in itself and gets girls looks. Good luck to all the girls! Let’s all keep it classy, and support and hope for the best for all the girls, and they find a place THEY will be happy and thrive! Good luck to ALL

Completely agreed with the above posters. So many mean-spirited posters here sneeze at many lax programs when it's not top 10 or 20 and by extension '[Censored]' clubs and B teams' as if nothing else matters in life. But in reality, are you going to bash kids or your own kid when they "only" make $50K a year after college? Or are you going to applaud them for finding a job and supporting themselves? Are you shaming your neighbors and families for not being a millionaire or billionaire? Do you hold the same standards to yourself?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am the originator of the post on Coastal. Nothing against Coastal. But I don’t want my daughter going to Coastal.
But I wouldn’t want her going to Jacksonville either. I could care less what their rankings are. I wish my daughter goes to the best school academically she can make and play lacrosse at. That is not Coastal. I’m sorry. Great location but not a great school.

Pretty good school, but far from great location.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are many schools that fit the bill, like Dartmouth. Great school, great reputation, you can play lacrosse there, but it isn't going to be good lacrosse.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Agree. Conway, SC is not "at the beach".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

Yes, a whopping ten minute ride.... but seriouly, let me know how great the location is during the next campus lockdown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are many schools that fit the bill, like Dartmouth. Great school, great reputation, you can play lacrosse there, but it isn't going to be good lacrosse.

And I would be fine with that. The goal is a good school. She cares about the lax. I’m trying to lead her to a better decision. Everyone is different. I could care less if she is ranked in the top twenty. In four years that’s over. But a top education will help her in her career.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I would be fine with that. The goal is a good school. She cares about the lax. I’m trying to lead her to a better decision. Everyone is different. I could care less if she is ranked in the top twenty. In four years that’s over. But a top education will help her in her career.

Yes. Use lacrosse to get into a school you would be rejected from as a regular applicant. That is the ultimate goal. It could result in a life changing opportunity. Nobody cares about lacrosse except the parents of the players. Yes, a National championship is an amazing experience, but I wouldn’t want my daughter to pick a school for that reason. If you get into a top 20 school, you already won a much bigger prize!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't think poster was talking about the kid on YJ B who moved, they were called the best player on that team in the OP.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top guns, jesters, YJ, and Legacy postin some commits yesterday!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Education, prestigious, and employment wise, it matters more where your daughter gets her graduate degree (s). An undergraduate B.S. is just a B.S. degree no matter what university she attends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Graduate degree, funny shows that your clueless in the employment world. Strong undergraduate leads to strong employment, some may choose grad school depending on the field. Strong high academic under grad leads to a top grad degree if they choose. Someone said it above, choose the best academic school that you would get rejected from in the normal process. High academic kids chasing colleges just to play lacrosse is the parents fault.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Education, prestigious, and employment wise, it matters more where your daughter gets her graduate degree (s). An undergraduate B.S. is just a B.S. degree no matter what university she attends.

Lol, kids coming out of top 10 schools get the best jobs and are receiving starting salaries of over $150k. BC and MD grads are not offered the same jobs Princeton and Penn grads. Also is very hard to get into a prestigious graduate school coming out of a mediocre undergraduate program where you major in lacrosse. Not saying it never happens but odds are against.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, kids coming out of top 10 schools get the best jobs and are receiving starting salaries of over $150k. BC and MD grads are not offered the same jobs Princeton and Penn grads. Also is very hard to get into a prestigious graduate school coming out of a mediocre undergraduate program where you major in lacrosse. Not saying it never happens but odds are against.

Plenty of BC and MD grads doing VERY well for themselves!! Check out the alumni networks. News flash, not all companies necessarily love ivy grads. Pretentious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of BC and MD grads doing VERY well for themselves!! Check out the alumni networks. News flash, not all companies necessarily love ivy grads. Pretentious

Umm…okay

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...k-up-on-alumni-salaries/?sh=7cbec2de5fff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm…okay

Nice list! Looks like nearly all of these schools have women's lacrosse programs.

1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology MA $98,100
2. Stanford University CA $92,400
3. Harvard University MA $85,300
4. Princeton University NJ $85,200
5. Yale University CT $81,900
6. University of Pennsylvania PA $81,500
7. Columbia University NY $80,900
8. Duke University NC $80,300
9. Dartmouth College NH $80,000
10. Rice University TX $79,800
11. University of California, Berkeley CA $79,200
12. Cornell University NY $79,100
13. Johns Hopkins University MD $77,900
14. Brown University RI $76,800
15. Williams College MA $73,900
16. Georgetown University DC $73,800
17. Vanderbilt University TN $73,800
18. University of Chicago IL $73,300
19. University of Southern California CA $72,600
20. Amherst College MA $72,600
21. University of Michigan MI $72,100
22. University of California, San Diego CA $71,700
23. Northwestern University IL $71, 600
24. University of California, Los Angeles CA $70,000
25. University of California, Davis CA $68,700

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm…okay

You must not have gone to any of those schools... if you read the article, you would know the data is ONLY a comparison from the Top 25 OVERALL Forbes-rated schools... it doesnt mean the median salaries from BC, MD, and the like are any less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm…okay

You must not have gone to any of those schools... if you read the article, you would know the data is ONLY a comparison from the Top 25 OVERALL Forbes-rated schools... it doesnt mean the median salaries from BC, MD, and the like are any less.

There is a lot of research out there. You basically see the same schools ranked in the top 20. There is a reason that they are so hard to get into. There is a a also a reason Forbes doesn’t rank BC in top 25. Face it, if they weren’t top 5 in lax (for now) you wouldn’t be defending them because they wouldn’t attract good players. While schools like Princeton and Yale will always attract good players in spite of any lax ups and downs. Guess it comes down to what you think is important, providing you have the grades. Here is another list found:

https://www.statista.com/statistics...tarting-and-mid-career-pay-of-graduates/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Will be shocked if she doesn't end up at Notre Dame.

The Goalie that committed to Michigan was just at ND and ND was her dream school. She chose Michigan immediately after. If you are correct, DL goalie should commit shortly to ND.

Interesting.[/quote]

If ND is your dream school why go to Michigan?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

The Goalie that committed to Michigan was just at ND and ND was her dream school. She chose Michigan immediately after. If you are correct, DL goalie should commit shortly to ND.

Interesting.

If ND is your dream school why go to Michigan?[/quote]

Because you’re told that we are taking someone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Interesting.

Because maybe she thought it was her dream until she went and actually visited it? Michigan maybe checked more boxes in the end? It’s personal for everyone! Why comment that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, a whopping ten minute ride.... but seriouly, let me know how great the location is during the next campus lockdown.

Awesome. So you agree. Don’t send your daughter to Coastal. Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Interesting.

Maybe she wasn't Notre Dame's first choice, so she picked Michigan?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be several reasons. Maybe after visiting both schools, you liked the Michigan coaches better, or the girls seemed friendlier, or you liked the facility better, or the school campus just felt more like home. Every school and team has a different feel. Michigan is an awesome school, and academically its pretty much always in the top 25, so I don’t see such a huge disparity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Interesting.

I would guess better offer $wise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Interesting.

If ND is your dream school why go to Michigan?

I would guess better offer $wise.[/quote]

Maybe she saw the light? With the current ND team, nobody has done less with more. When you have to game the system to reach .50 to reach the tourney, it’s not a good look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orly off the board. UPENN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or they offered more than one player the spot and gave it to the first one to accept the offer...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awesome. So you agree. Don’t send your daughter to Coastal. Thanks!

Mine can go there virtually free. Being "local" has it's privileges.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow didn't realize the talent on Liberty. They have some great commits!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow some great commits from both Liberty and Legacy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC with a packed deal for the 2 top layers who just happen to be from colorado..a rarity in women's lacrosse. What's going on with Maryland recruiting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can I find a list of commitments?

Page 12 of 30 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard