BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,361
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
club and player instagrams mostly, after a few
Days many will start hitting sportsrecruits/committed, BOTC and / or laxnumbers

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1st 24 off board, coaches daughter to UNC

Which coach?

where can we find these announcements of who commits?

Levy. Commitments can be found on Inside Lacrosse under recruits as they happen and are reported . Interesting how fast this one went up!🤣

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which coach?

M&D IG posted it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally have Michigan falling. They've lost some really good assistants to Notre Dame, Jax, CMU (new HC), etc. I think their HC is pretty good, but it's a lot of turnover which hurts their prospects IMO.

Michigan is interesting. Over the past 3 years, they've arguable had top 10 recruiting classes each year, but can't seem to put it together on the field. Very athletic and good on defense, but they just don't have the one attacking player who other teams are afraid of.

I don't think it is the lack of a single player, I think it is the style of play and players not necessarily "getting" what they should be doing (as a unit). If you go back and watch their game against Denver at Michigan, when they moved the ball fast (in their sets) they could pretty much score at will. When play slowed down more, they didn't move the ball and unsettle the defense. They also had players that didn't clear the alleys, which you could see was addressed after that game in subsequent games.

That's not a one player missing issue on attack--it's a whole team issue.

I would argue the loss of their assistant coach to Jacksonville put a damper on their offense--take a look at Jax's offense--it's now stellar. I don't think that is an aberration.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which coach?

Levy. Commitments can be found on Inside Lacrosse under recruits as they happen and are reported . Interesting how fast this one went up!🤣

You know she's had the pic and statement ready for, oh, a few years? lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long will these calls texts emails go on for? We know that we were on lists for colleges (they contacted our club on 8/31) but we haven’t heard from them yet!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's college team played Yale last season. I agree that they are definitely on the rise. They had some great showings last year with a mostly underclassman starting lineup. I think they're going to be a lot of fun to watch in 2023 and have a great change at winning the Ivy League.

Anything is possible but what great showings did Yale have last year? They didn't win any games vs competitive teams, what would cause you to think that they will win the Ivy league?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ally Kennedy announced as a Virginia Coach.
Where was this announced?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How long will these calls texts emails go on for? We know that we were on lists for colleges (they contacted our club on 8/31) but we haven’t heard from them yet!

It depends on the school. Some will go straight through each prospect from #1 to the end and will not reach out to the next until the have #1 done.

Others break it out on their short list. It could be 25 players, but there's only spots for 6-7 players--if your daughter is lower on the rankings, you may not year back until they finish with the first wave of players.

Let time do its thing and if you could at least respond once you hear back from one or a few of them, that would be great! It's a process and not everyone will have an offer the first day and be done already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The calls will be done in waves. First wave happening now. It will subside as those girls pick schools. Then 2nd wave girls will be called… etc… it’s just starting now. Just the beginning. Keep head up… and you/daughter can reach out to coaches now as well. It’s allowed. She can reach out to let them know she is still very interested in their school and to please keep her in mind. Send highlights again and then follow up. The Process really just starting for most. A very small percentage is done in September. Keep on plugging. It will happen. There’s a place fir every player. Over 500 girls lacrosse programs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches weren’t honest?? I am shocked. Shocked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting forum on Sports Recruits with d1 coaches. Love the “if your kid has moved on from our offer please let us know. We don’t want to find out on Instagram.” But in a previous segment the old get the hint. If you don’t hear from us for a few months Move on.

Although it was very informative I still don’t like the “respect the coaches and answer them promptly” because it certainly isn’t a two way street.

I’m assuming (hope!) those quotes weren’t from the same coach. Agree that coaches don’t always do the right thing, but it’s a little bit comparing apples and oranges. Most college coaches have some form of contact with way more prospects than most players have real offers. Not necessarily because a player couldn’t get so many offers, but there is only so much time for visits which is when offers are usually made.

It’s the right thing to do for a player to contact coaches and decline offers if they have accepted another. My daughter did this by phone before publicly announcing her commitment. It can be a tough phone call for a teenager to make, but a good learning experience for the future.

I don’t think it’s feasible for coaches to proactively contact every prospect they have some contact with if they’ve moved on, but they absolutely should reply as such if a prospect continues to contact them. Some coaches do “ghost” players and that’s not cool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top tier calls and texts are done. Today we’re the phone calls and house visits for that group. If you haven’t heard yet then consider you are a lower tier. After the top tiers pass or commit the coaches work down their list. You Shouid hear by next week if there is still interest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm new to all of this so I am wondering this. If your daughter got a call from a top ranked D1 school right after midnight that is a good indication they are very interested in her , correct ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if it was "announced" but she was making recruiting calls yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where was the Hopkins commit? Penn State already shows three commits!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm new to all of this so I am wondering this. If your daughter got a call from a top ranked D1 school right after midnight that is a good indication they are very interested in her , correct ?

Most likely, but it also depends on if the coaches are calling 15 girls on the first day for 6-7 spots. Interest can come and go like the wind. Take it as a compliment and keep working!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As she should, its her daughter.....good for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most likely, but it also depends on if the coaches are calling 15 girls on the first day for 6-7 spots. Interest can come and go like the wind. Take it as a compliment and keep working!

Also be aware a lot of mass emails to any kid whose ever emailed a school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully this can be helpful to some.

- Remember, your daughter is not going through this process in a vacuum, coaches are talking to multiple recruits and the decisions made by other recruits and coaches impacts everyone else including your daughter.

- Remember, the process is very fluid, things can and do change rapidly.

- Remember, The recruiting process (in most cases) will let players and parents know where the player stands in relation to the field.

- Remember, it is a process, for the majority of players the process will take some time.

- Remember, stay positive and help your daughter to do the same.

- Remember, focus on what you can control and do not get caught up with things that you can not control. i.e. who commits where, what coaches call, what coaches do not call etc...

- Remember, it is okay for your daughter to be persistent when expressing interest to a coach, just do not be a pain in the a$$.

- Remember, coaches want players who want to go to their school and play for them, make sure the schools your daughter is truly interested in are fully aware of her genuine interest.

- Remember, if a coach is willing to engage in the process with your daughter (talk with, meet with etc...) but is not willing to make an offer it is most likely because they are still trying to land girls that they have ranked higher on their list. That's okay, no program gets all of the players that they want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches weren’t honest?? I am shocked. Shocked.

Right. But look out if your kid doesn’t return a text, email or call from a coach and tell them that you decided to cross their school off the list. The double standard of expected respect is insane. They can ghost you for months. But don’t dare not return their email.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO, yes, coaches do not call players that they are not interested in. Just know that they are also interested in other players as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure if it was "announced" but she was making recruiting calls yesterday.

The team was sent an email introducing Ally Kennedy as the offensive coordinator. I would assume an Instagram post will follow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where was the Hopkins commit? Penn State already shows three commits!

Florida also got their 1st commit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why Not Return an email? These coaches move around all the time. Practice good manners just say thank you but …. This coach may be the HC next year at your kids school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully this can be helpful to some.

- Remember, your daughter is not going through this process in a vacuum, coaches are talking to multiple recruits and the decisions made by other recruits and coaches impacts everyone else including your daughter.

- Remember, the process is very fluid, things can and do change rapidly.

- Remember, The recruiting process (in most cases) will let players and parents know where the player stands in relation to the field.

- Remember, it is a process, for the majority of players the process will take some time.

- Remember, stay positive and help your daughter to do the same.

- Remember, focus on what you can control and do not get caught up with things that you can not control. i.e. who commits where, what coaches call, what coaches do not call etc...

- Remember, it is okay for your daughter to be persistent when expressing interest to a coach, just do not be a pain in the a$$.

- Remember, coaches want players who want to go to their school and play for them, make sure the schools your daughter is truly interested in are fully aware of her genuine interest.

- Remember, if a coach is willing to engage in the process with your daughter (talk with, meet with etc...) but is not willing to make an offer it is most likely because they are still trying to land girls that they have ranked higher on their list. That's okay, no program gets all of the players that they want.

I would like to give an example of #7. My daughter was being recruited by several great schools but there was one in particular that she thought would be “the one”. She had a visit scheduled, but really wanted to move the visit up because she knew there was another group of girls going before her visit and wanted to get on campus first. There were also a few schools that wanted an answer and she didn’t want take too long. So she called the HC and asked if there was any way she could visit earlier, she let the coach know again how she really wanted to play for her and the program. A special visit was set up for her and another girl. She committed on the visit. Coach told her she would have to call and cancel the visit with another girl coming the following weekend who was being recruited in the same position. Early bird gets the worm!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bc army Florida penn commits!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Commits to USF BC Navy Army PSU abs Liberty in just three days. Whose next?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver has picked up a few commits as well. Solid goalie for one of them! (And no I'm not her parent lol)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver has picked up a few commits as well. Solid goalie for one of them! (And no I'm not her parent lol)

Average goalies going fast. One to Denver and one to PSU. Afraid their spot will be taken I guess and school didn’t feel they would get one of the 5 top ones.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why Not Return an email? These coaches move around all the time. Practice good manners just say thank you but …. This coach may be the HC next year at your kids school

Think you missed the point. Yes. You the player should return an email. But it should be a two way street. If the coach has moved on, they should also email the kid. Most don’t. And then coaches get upset when they find out through Instagram that a kid who was eighth on their target list and has been waiting for a month to hear from a certain school commits somewhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And Virginia too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And Virginia too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any LI girls commit this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse has at least four so far! With KT at the helm, have they replaced Stanford as the “it” spot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse has at least four so far! With KT at the helm, have they replaced Stanford as the “it” spot?

Strange comment. Totally different types of schools. Stanford hasn’t even had girls on campus yet, and most girls are ruled out do to less than perfect GPA. I think you may have meant that Syracuse is being competitive luring girls interested in schools like BC, although BC is better both academically and athletically, so I’m not sure why. I also wonder why anyone would commit to the first school they see, unless they’re not a top recruit. Schools hold the place for the best players and let them make an informed decision with no regrets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about maybe these girls have Syracuse as their top choice and they got nice offers. When you know you know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Strange comment. Totally different types of schools. Stanford hasn’t even had girls on campus yet, and most girls are ruled out do to less than perfect GPA. I think you may have meant that Syracuse is being competitive luring girls interested in schools like BC, although BC is better both academically and athletically, so I’m not sure why. I also wonder why anyone would commit to the first school they see, unless they’re not a top recruit. Schools hold the place for the best players and let them make an informed decision with no regrets.

The original post was indeed strange, but why bring BC into the mix? Bringing BC into the conversation was strange as well. To each her own, there is no single school or lacrosse program that is the best fit everyone. Obviously the top girls pretty much have their pick as most of the top players can choose whatever school they want (assuming the grades are there as well as the lacrosse/athletic ability).

The Top 20 or so programs (which Syracuse, Boston College & Stanford are) offer great opportunities and are a diverse group group in many ways. The majority of the top players will find a home and hopefully a great fit at one of the top schools/programs, there is no "it spot". Just take an honest look at the best programs, they offer the top players a lot of options. East Coast, West Coast, Midwest, Southern, City, Suburban, Public, Private, Large, Small etc... Definitely no "it" school/program.

Be thankful that your daughter plays lacrosse, no other sport offers the same opportunity for young women. Be thankful that Lacrosse is still a Niche Sport.... It's great if a young women can go to one of the best schools or go to a school that has one of the best lacrosse programs but what is really great is when they can find the best fit. Good luck to all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cuse has always recruited well no matter what so not sure what you mean by that. I agree that KT makes cuse more attractive as shown so far this class and they'll be more competitve for top tier recruits against BC, UNC, MD, and NW. But i don't see how this effects stanford. I do agree with you in the sense that stanford's best days are behind them but this is due to them being serial underachievers with bad coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 of Long Islands tops were at BC this week, will be exciting to see where they land.

Page 8 of 30 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard