BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,369
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30
Re: Girls 2024-11th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here is a recap of my daugher's recruiting process:
She is a '21, rated on the rise (50-100) by IL.
We were "lucky" to start the process early, since the jr year rule hadn't yet come into effect. My daughter went to school camps at most of her top targets.
She played for a club team that was ranked in / out of the top 10 - so she was able to play against all the top teams - which meant that all the various colleges watched them play over a 2+ year period.
Our club director guided us well to keeping an evolving top 20 target school list. She then worked diligently to get feedback from those schools - most, but not all, schools would let her know if they had interest.
My daughter went into 9/1 with a good sense of where there was mutual interest. On 9/1 she heard from most of those schools, a few disappeared and a few desirable ones popped up. Many others reached out where unfortunately she did not have much interest (due to academics and / or level of lacrosse). She spent a lot of time fielding all calls, being appreciative etc., and then calling all those coaches back to let them know of her position.
She was not recruited by the top few lacrosse programs, but was a solid target for the rest of the top 30 group.
On 9/1, a couple things to be aware of: generally the head coach calls the top targets, starting at the top top first thing in the AM. the top assistant will call the next group, etc. You can often read into where you are for them based on who calls and when.
For many of the schools at the top of my daughter's list - she was somewhere in the middle for them.
A few schools said things like "we are moving a little slowly" when it came to scheduling visits, in hindsight that was code for "we are targeting a few others at your position, and are not yet ready to offer you".
Also, many schools did unofficials, leaving official visits for the committed class to do together at a later time.
The school where my daughter ended up was one of her top targets, the coach gave her time to decide, and fortunately it all worked out.
Hope this is useful.

--- "She is a '21, rated on the rise (50-100) by IL.
We were "lucky" to start the process early, since the jr year rule hadn't yet come into effect." ---

Didn't the "early recruiting rule change" take effect in May of 2017? How was a 2021 HS Grad engaged in the recruiting process before the "rule change"? Even if coaches reached out when your daughter was an 8th grader they would have had to break off all contact once the new rule was in force in 2017.

Yes, was thinking the same. And when 8th graders were recruited, it was the very top girls, not 50-100 types. Something very wrong with this story.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were "lucky" to start the process early, since the jr year rule hadn't yet come into effect. My daughter went to school camps at most of her top targets.
She played for a club team that was ranked in / out of the top 10 - so she was able to play against all the top teams - which meant that all the various colleges watched them play over a 2+ year period.
Our club director guided us well to keeping an evolving top 20 target school list. She then worked diligently to get feedback from those schools - most, but not all, schools would let her know if they had interest.
My daughter went into 9/1 with a good sense of where there was mutual interest. On 9/1 she heard from most of those schools, a few disappeared and a few desirable ones popped up. Many others reached out where unfortunately she did not have much interest (due to academics and / or level of lacrosse). She spent a lot of time fielding all calls, being appreciative etc., and then calling all those coaches back to let them know of her position.
She was not recruited by the top few lacrosse programs, but was a solid target for the rest of the top 30 group.
On 9/1, a couple things to be aware of: generally the head coach calls the top targets, starting at the top top first thing in the AM. the top assistant will call the next group, etc. You can often read into where you are for them based on who calls and when.
For many of the schools at the top of my daughter's list - she was somewhere in the middle for them.
A few schools said things like "we are moving a little slowly" when it came to scheduling visits, in hindsight that was code for "we are targeting a few others at your position, and are not yet ready to offer you".
Also, many schools did unofficials, leaving official visits for the committed class to do together at a later time.
The school where my daughter ended up was one of her top targets, the coach gave her time to decide, and fortunately it all worked out.
Hope this is useful.

We were "lucky" to start the process early, since the jr year rule hadn't yet come into effect." ---

Didn't the "early recruiting rule change" take effect in May of 2017? How was a 2021 HS Grad engaged in the recruiting process before the "rule change"? Even if coaches reached out when your daughter was an 8th grader they would have had to break off all contact once the new rule was in force in 2017.

Maybe she graduated college in 2021?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope this is useful.

Yes, was thinking the same. And when 8th graders were recruited, it was the very top girls, not 50-100 types. Something very wrong with this story.

This is true. However remember that when the new rule was announed there was still a transition period and lots of last minute offers were made to 8th,9th and 10th graders in the weeks before the rule changed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ally Kennedy announced as a Virginia Coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope this is useful.

This is true. However remember that when the new rule was announed there was still a transition period and lots of last minute offers were made to 8th,9th and 10th graders in the weeks before the rule changed.

Very doubtful that prior to May 2017 an 8th grade girl who had not yet played the "summer circuit" as a rising freshman would have been committed. I don't think College Coaches were watching rising 8th graders play in the Summer of 16'.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope this is useful.

You mean everything on this thread isn't true and 100% accurate and correct. I'm blown away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope this is useful.

Maybe she graduated college in 2021?

There was no "on the rise" back in 2016 - 2017.... when a 2021 college grad would have been a HS player. I call BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope this is useful.

Not the poster of the original story, but can say for sure the top 2021's were in the heat of recruiting when it did shut down. About a dozen girls from the class had already committed and many were close. My daughter had done a half dozen visits and meetings with coaches and had several offers in hand when it shut down, and was told by the coaches that the offers stand and that if she wanted accept the offers, she could at any time because they were made prior to the shut down (not sure if that part was legal?). She held off to see what Sept 1st would bring and it was by far the best thing. Prior to the shut down, coaches were very uneasy about offering girls that young, and for very good reason, but they were competing with other programs who were willing to do it and the players were getting younger and younger every year. Only a handful of coaches were dipping that young so it was impossible to fully gauge the full interest from all programs for these early recruits. My daughter went from known interest from 6 programs when it shut down, to nearly 60 programs reaching out on sept 1st. Many better options opened up, and you knew all the options on the same day. Best thing that ever happened for lacrosse, for the coaches, and for the players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Michigan and Northwestern are the 2 top academic schools in the Big10. The Big 10 as a conference as a whole is only behind the Ivies. Amazing big schools flush with cash!

Rutgers is a clear top 10 program going forward for a long time.

Rutgers has been doing well but "clear Top 10 program" going forward might be a bit of a stretch. There are some really great schools that have had women's lacrosse for some time and they have really never been able to be competitive on a consistent basis. Although Hopkins is only in the Big 10 for Lacrosse it's another great academic school affiliated with The B1G... Add USC to the mix as well. Could ND & possibly Stanford Join The Big 10 in the future?

Until there are more kids playing the sport it is unlikely that we will see much of a change in the traditional Top 10-20, there is simply not enough talent out there.

LMAO. Writes that as IL ranks Rutgers 8th in early rankings

Wow, you are right, good for them!

INSIDE LACROSSE TOP 10 LIST FOR 2023

1 UNC
2 Maryland
3 Northwestern
4 Boston College
5 Stony Brook
6 Syracuse
7 Florida
8 Rutgers
9 Denver
10 Stanford

Interesting topic regarding the Top 10 landscape. Looking at 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2022 (left 2020 & 2021 out due to the Covid mess)..

20 Programs have finished the season ranked in the Top 20, it's a pretty elite group and Rutgers should be very proud.

Below illustrates how many times each program finished the year for the 6 seasons listed.

6 - Maryland
6 - North Carolina
5 - Boston College
5 - Syracuse
5 - Princeton
4 - Florida
4 - Northwestern
4 - Stony Brook
3 - Penn State
3 - Loyola
2 - Virginia
2 - Notre Dame
2 - Navy
2 - USC
1 - JMU
1 - Penn
1 - Stanford
1 - Denver
1 - Towson
1 - Rutgers

Good luck to Rutgers but to state that they will consistently be a Top 10 Program for a long time to come might be wishful thinking as we can all see based on the reality of just how difficult it is to finish the season ranked in the Top 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, besides Rutgers, which programs do you see rising over the next few year? Falling?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to clarify (this is the original poster, btw): when my daughter was in 8th grade the old rule was in effect and a number of programs (beyond the top few) had completed a lot of their recruiting with the 9th grade class (2020s) at that time. So, we were advised to get going and we took our daughter to a few school camps in the Feb / Mar window that year. We also, just prior to the rule change, put in place a robust set of summer visits. So, she did in fact get going just before the rule change. While we know in hindsight where she ended up vis a vis top programs, we weren't really sure back then ... happy to clarify anything else, but I really don't have any motivation to make stuff up, I was merely trying to provide info to be helpful to others

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, besides Rutgers, which programs do you see rising over the next few year? Falling?

Rising: Michigan, Stanford, Vanderbilt, Arizona State, Clemson, USC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope this is useful.

No Transition period. Vote Approving changes happened either Thursday or Friday of Easter weekend ( I believe , Not sure been a few years) Daughter recieved Email from Club Director , which we did not see, telling her to call coach of her #1 choice before 4pm. on Friday. She called the Coach on the following Monday and was politely told that she could not talk to her until 9/1 . After a good summer season Daughter recieved call and offer just after midnight and excepted the offer that she would have recieved had she made the original call.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sheesh!!!! If I have to read one more Rutgers post .........

I think its time to end this conversation or start a new Rutgers Thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yale?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So to clarify (this is the original poster, btw): when my daughter was in 8th grade the old rule was in effect and a number of programs (beyond the top few) had completed a lot of their recruiting with the 9th grade class (2020s) at that time. So, we were advised to get going and we took our daughter to a few school camps in the Feb / Mar window that year. We also, just prior to the rule change, put in place a robust set of summer visits. So, she did in fact get going just before the rule change. While we know in hindsight where she ended up vis a vis top programs, we weren't really sure back then ... happy to clarify anything else, but I really don't have any motivation to make stuff up, I was merely trying to provide info to be helpful to others

Your post was very helpful. Unfortunately it’s the Internet so you can’t stop trolls from trolling. Thanks for the help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
60 programs? 60 reached out on 9/1? Not buying it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do coaches really do the midnight thing? My daughter has class tomorrow…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to sleep

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, coaches do the 12:01am contact, but it generally happens for top recruits, and after that, depends on position. I know a handful of girls who committed to top D1 programs in September - November and did not have their phone or email lighting up just after midnight. I highly recommend tempering expectations in the household. Otherwise, it could be a big let down tonight. If the heavy contact comes in, good for your daughter - that’s awesome! If it doesn’t, tell her not to be discouraged. This can be a game of patience and endurance. Your daughter should keep reaching out to her top schools after September 1 and continue to sell herself. Good luck - exciting times!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter was a top recruit last year. It’s mostly texts, and emails to schedule a call or home visit for the next day. Majority do not call. Might want to stay up to respond to those, but definitely not necessary. We were driving back from the elite 8 at the time, so it was very exciting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 minutes… any predictions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. By 12:20 it’s done and then tonite it will start again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, coaches do the 12:01am contact, but it generally happens for top recruits, and after that, depends on position. I know a handful of girls who committed to top D1 programs in September - November and did not have their phone or email lighting up just after midnight. I highly recommend tempering expectations in the household. Otherwise, it could be a big let down tonight. If the heavy contact comes in, good for your daughter - that’s awesome! If it doesn’t, tell her not to be discouraged. This can be a game of patience and endurance. Your daughter should keep reaching out to her top schools after September 1 and continue to sell herself. Good luck - exciting times!!!
It's not just top recruits that get contacted at midnight. My daughter was not a top recruit and was contacted at midnight by a few schools - some top 20 schools. She also received many emails. Everyone's process is different. Don't compare your daughter to anyone else. The best advise I received was "don't talk about it" - i talked to 2 people only that were going through the same process and that was it. Best of luck to the 24's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally have Michigan falling. They've lost some really good assistants to Notre Dame, Jax, CMU (new HC), etc. I think their HC is pretty good, but it's a lot of turnover which hurts their prospects IMO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So our experience so far. Various emails hit at midnight or a little after, zero calls. Most suggested a time to talk today (but the daughter has school today), or asked for a couple of times to schedule a call. Others came in at 7 AM or just after, as well as various texts to schedule discussions.

It's all very early and we should all remember it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Keep contacting the schools and working the process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rising: Michigan. Ohio State, Florida.

Pretty much any school with NIL $$ for all athletes will change the game. Ohio State is promising over $20k of NIL money to any scholarship athlete. This pretty much gives them double the # of effective scholarships than most other schools. Expect them to get some commits you wouldn't expect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yale?

Why Yale? What has changed? Why now? What have they do to indicate an upward change going forward?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I personally have Michigan falling. They've lost some really good assistants to Notre Dame, Jax, CMU (new HC), etc. I think their HC is pretty good, but it's a lot of turnover which hurts their prospects IMO.

Michigan is interesting. Over the past 3 years, they've arguable had top 10 recruiting classes each year, but can't seem to put it together on the field. Very athletic and good on defense, but they just don't have the one attacking player who other teams are afraid of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yale?

Why Yale? What has changed? Why now? What have they do to indicate an upward change going forward?

Well... they broke into the top 20 last year for a little bit, and have had several solid recruiting classes in a row the past few years. No one is saying they will be top 10, but definitely on the rise and nipping on Princeton and Penn's heals for tops in Ivy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So our experience so far. Various emails hit at midnight or a little after, zero calls. Most suggested a time to talk today (but the daughter has school today), or asked for a couple of times to schedule a call. Others came in at 7 AM or just after, as well as various texts to schedule discussions.

It's all very early and we should all remember it's not a sprint, it's a marathon. Keep contacting the schools and working the process.

Definitely, I like what Apex emailed out. “Today is about doors opening and not closing” also “it’s not the finish line, just the first step”!

Wishing all the 24s good luck on “their” journeys in finding a place to truly be happy and realize their dreams. Everyone’s journey and destination is different, as it should be. Hoping everyone eventually lands somewhere they love. smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Michigan is interesting. Over the past 3 years, they've arguable had top 10 recruiting classes each year, but can't seem to put it together on the field. Very athletic and good on defense, but they just don't have the one attacking player who other teams are afraid of.

Same on boys as side. A shame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yale?

Well... they broke into the top 20 last year for a little bit, and have had several solid recruiting classes in a row the past few years. No one is saying they will be top 10, but definitely on the rise and nipping on Princeton and Penn's heals for tops in Ivy

Coach is fantastic. All the girls love her. My daughter visited, and it was one of her top choices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yale?

No disrespect to Yale but reality does not indicate that Yale is nipping at anyone's heels. I guess the old saying "any given day" applies but they have really not done anything to suggest that they will consistently be competitive with Top 20 programs let alone be competitive with Top 10 Programs.

They did not finish the 2022 season ranked in the Top 20 and they didn't beat a single competitive team in 2022. Good for them that they beat Penn by a goal 11-10 but Penn had a very off year for Penn. The Quakers were not ranked at the end of the 2022 season which is very unusual.

Just looking back to 2010 it does not appear that Yale is competitive with Princeton or Penn.

Vs Penn, Yale is 1 - 11 since 2010.
Vs Princeton Yale is 0 - 12 since 2010.

Good win vs Penn last year and they kept it close vs Princeton in the regular season but they were blown out by 10 goals in the IVY Playoffs vs Princeton 19-9.

Jury still out on Yale as they have not done anything to indicate they are on the rise.

Maybe 2023 will be different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st 24 off board, coaches daughter to UNC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder if there was any tampering with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Hopkins signed a player too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which coach?

where can we find these announcements of who commits?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's college team played Yale last season. I agree that they are definitely on the rise. They had some great showings last year with a mostly underclassman starting lineup. I think they're going to be a lot of fun to watch in 2023 and have a great change at winning the Ivy League.

Page 7 of 30 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 29 30

Link Copied to Clipboard