BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Girls 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 10th Grade Girls (2025 Grads) for the Fall 2022/Summer 2023 Season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Reposting last post from previous SY:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rules for US Lacrosse Nationals: All players competing in the 15U division (2025) must have been born on or after 9/1/2006.:

I believe girl in question was born in September of 2006. No bending of the rules.

I have heard different stories of her age. Doesn’t matter. Still should change the rule to be more like all other sports. Your born in 2006 you play with kids born in 2006. Would stop the ridiculous reclassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Team BOTC
Reposting last post from previous SY:

Rules for US Lacrosse Nationals: All players competing in the 15U division (2025) must have been born on or after 9/1/2006.:

I believe girl in question was born in September of 2006. No bending of the rules.

I have heard different stories of her age. Doesn’t matter. Still should change the rule to be more like all other sports. Your born in 2006 you play with kids born in 2006. Would stop the ridiculous reclassing.

holdbacks didnt win that game

lack of team play and coaching did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island embarrassing themselves at the American Selects with three teams. Yes Spallina isn’t there and that would’ve certainly made a difference but like we discussed months ago, ridiculous to put in three teams especially b,c and d teams. One team had 10 total goals. And it wasn’t the d team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter returned from American Selects. Was a fun experience. Played 7 games. All but one competitive. They had four brackets, 2A and 2B. Not one college coach looking at 2025's which was expected. There were a ton of coaches the first two days looking at the 24's. All in all it was worth it for my daughter. She had a ball. Some of her teammates went to UA and had similar things to say.

For the 2026 parents perusing this site for next year. Expensive, but worth it for my daughter on a personal, fun level, not a return on investment level. Then again, none of these money grabs during Freshman year are worth in on a ROI level. They get experience and play good lax.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if they are unhappy. Don’t do UA. Play AS next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS and UA are not club affiliated team tournaments people can spend their money however they choose. We chose AS because we were basically forced to pay w tryouts in fall not knowing UA
. Both events seemed similar. Speaking with others our problem was organizers of these events choosing to compete and putting kids in the middle of this. AS also allowing areas to have 2/3 teams per age group took away the shine in an effort to really cash in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed not sure the reasoning for overlapping events as it is the kids are pulled in too many directions Always comes down to making money and people not knowing wonder if either event moves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS started out as the best of the best. but they watered it down the second year with multiple teams for several areas. This can only get worse, as they can see the amount of money they are making per team!! 22 kids at $600, that's another 13,200, take that and multiply it by 3 for Long Island. That's $36,600 bucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$695 to register for tournament.
$150 for tryouts.
Multiple teams in some regions because the yj and steps organizers can make serious money.
They don’t care about anything and or anyone else as long as the sheep believe these things create high D1 players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there were some college coaches watching 25s for some of the bigger game and playoffs. (there weren't at midline) Nowhere near the number watching 24s. Stood next to Duke Assistant and BU head coach during semifinals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sure they were socializing waiting for a 24 game to start. No way they are looking at 25 intently yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same. Daughter made it to the championship game. Not one coach watching any of her playoffs. Only coach I saw at a 2025 game watching was Princeton.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, only watching 23 and 24. No interest in 25 until next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AT AS we did see some Coaches watching the 25 from the end lines. They were packed at the the 24s for all level teams abc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK, this is supposedly when they start recruiting this age group. Let's see if we have this right. Daughter keeps practicing. Go to two to three fall clinics at Colleges. Email coaches from schools she's interested in. Go to tourneys in the fall, hopefully she plays well. Continue to email coaches. High School. Then summer club, camps/clinics and showcases. $$$$ Did I miss anything. =)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can cut out the fall prospect camps If your a 25. They will be working on 24s. Start ur emails. Go to 1 or 2 college prospect camps in Dec/Jan if you want D1. Keep emailing each month. Send short videos. Next summer play well. Keep emailing and attend As many prospect camps that your kid will do at her top choices. (2-4)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
See there are informative posts on this forum. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so the legacy second team just folded and it leaves about a dozen girls scrambling for teams. What teams are there in Suffolk county that need players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so the legacy second team just folded and it leaves about a dozen girls scrambling for teams. What teams are there in Suffolk county that need players?

Maybe Jesters, they are better than legacy as a whole, but will develop kids with raw talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That stinks. YJ still has tryouts coming up and maybe call Jesters, TG to see if any has any open spots and they may give you a tryout. Can’t hurt to ask.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team91. Contact Jill Pfeifer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow jackets will make an “E” team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 girls tryouts aug 16 6-7:30 half hollow hills east hs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe Jesters, they are better than legacy as a whole, but will develop kids with raw talent.

They don't even develop what they have, unless you pay to train with the coaches outside of club activities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is some bad info here. Coaches will certainly start watching 25s this fall when they can. As a 24 parent, we had coaches at all our events this fall. You’re also definitely going to want to start hitting prospect days as going forward many will start to overlap, so get them in when you can

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you are emailing the coaches, in regards to a short video, is this highlights of the season? Or do you also send training videos, working out, skills, wall ball etc?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you are emailing the coaches, in regards to a short video, is this highlights of the season? Or do you also send training videos, working out, skills, wall ball etc?

I suggest focusing on season highlights, and adding the other stuff only if it’s unique, short, and impressive. I think the other stuff was more important during COVID when there wasn’t a lot of game footage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why where jenelli & lomo fired ?

parent complaints ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

parent complaints ?

This should be good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

parent complaints ?

This should be good

Who said they were fired?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

parent complaints ?

This should be good

Lomo moved out of state a while back. You are just here to start the gossip and stir the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone attending the Elite 88 showcase on Columbus Day? Curious to thought as whether its a quality well-run event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone attending the Elite 88 showcase on Columbus Day? Curious to thought as whether its a quality well-run event.

Sure they will be like every other Showcase for 2025s has been the last few years until this summer. A big money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pass on that. Instead go to a winter prospect camp on campus at your top 2 choices. Much more bang for your buck and time well spent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

parent complaints ?

This should be good

Lomo moved out of state a while back. You are just here to start the gossip and stir the pot.

the real story would never get passed the mods

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of all the grades on this forum, 2025 post one of the least amount of times. Does that mean they have less parents living through their kids than the other grades? No one ever posts on this grade level. IDK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you must have the inside track...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of all the grades on this forum, 2025 post one of the least amount of times. Does that mean they have less parents living through their kids than the other grades? No one ever posts on this grade level. IDK

The 2024 thread was pretty dead for years, and then the fool hit as recruiting approached. I'm guessing the same will happen here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unlikely

there are just teams you cant mention anymore that ruined it

two years ago the forum was a sewer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone doing the LILJ teams or teams or are they a money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone doing the LILJ teams or teams or are they a money grab.

complete and utter money grab but you'll get a nice instagram post

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fake news!!!!! no coaches fired

yj wisely hires pal coaches in the early years and brings in the big girls to coach the recruiting years

nothing new to see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Janelli had enough of the fool parents and Lomo had enough of LI and moved. No firings (of those two anyway, we'll see what this year brings).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Janelli had enough of the fool parents and Lomo had enough of LI and moved. No firings (of those two anyway, we'll see what this year brings).

I dont thinks thats true. Are the parents that bad? i have been on the side lines against Janelli parenets and those ppl are fun. not sure about lomo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The TEAM was a lot of fun!!
Those Parents were fun to be around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Janelli's get funner and funner as the day goes on, depending on your perspective...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone's daughter doing the IL ID Experience? Looks like a complete money grab. There's kids posting on Instagram that they made it and they can barely catch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone's daughter doing the IL ID Experience? Looks like a complete money grab. There's kids posting on Instagram that they made it and they can barely catch.

My daughter was invited and not attending. I don't think the level will be high and no coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter was invited and not attending. I don't think the level will be high and no coaches.

All the top girls in the class will be there, and it’s used for individual rankings. You may want to reconsider, unless you don’t care about that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Checking the past years, it seems to have attracted a lot of the top players and commits? Was wondering why? I don’t think it’s a recruiting event, if people looking for that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All the top girls in the class will be there, and it’s used for individual rankings. You may want to reconsider, unless you don’t care about that

NTM most positions already filled and wait list only. Might have missed the boat if you didn’t already register.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do all the LILJ events you can do, you will be notice and get committed to D1, Juniors Open had 50 top school commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Juniors Open was not done very well and was held at the worst possible time in the recruiting timeline. Hopefully next year it will be run better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Checking the past years, it seems to have attracted a lot of the top players and commits? Was wondering why? I don’t think it’s a recruiting event, if people looking for that?

Which is why I was surprised there were a few girls selected from my daughters team that were pedestrian. They made neither Selects or UA at tryouts. And not because of nepotism.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Juniors Open was not done very well and was held at the worst possible time in the recruiting timeline. Hopefully next year it will be run better.

It will be better this year. Changed the dates also to 6/26-28. Will be just before HS National Championships in CT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They get funner and funner as the day goes on, depending on your perspective...

haha so true. some of the moms were out of control one year yelling gibberish after over hydrating in the sun all day

works for them i guess they get better every season

Last edited by TheBackOfTheCage; . Reason: Violation of Boardroom Policies by mentioning a name in that way. (ref to the quoted post)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the current IL ranking. No Unc coaches daughter. No Dewlax goalie. Is LI weiner girl on there. Coaches don’t care about the Syracuse alum ranking that by paying for their Id experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the current IL ranking. No Unc coaches daughter. No Dewlax goalie. Is LI weiner girl on there. Coaches don’t care about the Syracuse alum ranking that by paying for their Id experience.

Coaches don't care at all about those IL rankings. There will be some top girls there and some who are very weak players. Most top lacrosse players are also multi sport athletes and in another season right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the roster for the IL, it does seem that top girls from YJ, Grizzle’s, Hero’s, Prime Time, Some and M&D and a few Skywalkers will be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the roster for the IL, it does seem that top girls from YJ, Grizzle’s, Hero’s, Prime Time, Some and M&D and a few Skywalkers will be there.

Where did you see the roster?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When the girls fill out their profiles, they can see the roster for the 24’s and 25’s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USA Lacrosse had the results of their "Should athletes be allowed to reclass" poll. Not surprisingly the results were an overwhelming no. I think they will go the way of USA Hockey where kids are placed through birth year not grad year. Of course this will get tricky at High School because of the way lacrosse is recruited, but I'm sure they will figure that out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this grade locally probably has the smallest ratio of top players who are holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would imagine that would have to do with the fact that there will be no five year Covid players at the 2025 level. But it still is a problem and shouldn’t be allowed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They Shouid spend less on the silly clown uniforms and useless [Censored] and more on experienced coaches. They are in there at the best tournaments. No issue there

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
USA Lacrosse had the results of their "Should athletes be allowed to reclass" poll. Not surprisingly the results were an overwhelming no. I think they will go the way of USA Hockey where kids are placed through birth year not grad year. Of course this will get tricky at High School because of the way lacrosse is recruited, but I'm sure they will figure that out.

Soccer seems to have figured out recruiting pretty well with all of its leagues age-based.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this grade locally probably has the smallest ratio of top players who are holdbacks

Locally, maybe. MD, however, far from the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone having their daughter go to the Philly Phinest Showcase in Charleston. Looks like a lot of top colleges there. Wondering if it's worth the price.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just clicked on to register my daughter for Juniors Open. 900$!!!!!!! Hard pass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it a one or two day event? Do they have payment plans? Ouch! That’s expensive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it a one or two day event? Do they have payment plans? Ouch! That’s expensive.

3 Day event. I thought last year was expensive...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three day event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

giant money grab...ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a bad price did you see how many commits they had from it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So those kids needed to go to the Juniors Open otherwise they wouldn't have committed? Come on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So those kids needed to go to the Juniors Open otherwise they wouldn't have committed? Come on.

It’s a ridiculous money grab. As long as people are brainwashed into thinking they have to do all these events, the more will keep popping up. The social media showing girls that committed is marketing. They also played in many other events that got them recruited. If your daughter plays for a top 20-30 team and does the summer circut of tournaments, that is sufficient

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did Juniors. Did UA 150. Did American Select. All last year. All three huge money grabs. Will my daughter commit somewhere, absolutely. Is she getting there because of those events, absolutely not.

The schools she wants to go to we will be going to their camps this year and that is it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a ridiculous money grab. As long as people are brainwashed into thinking they have to do all these events, the more will keep popping up. The social media showing girls that committed is marketing. They also played in many other events that got them recruited. If your daughter plays for a top 20-30 team and does the summer circut of tournaments, that is sufficient

Yep. I wasted sooo much money between travel expenses and those three showcases. If you’re not playing on the 50th ranked team playing the 108th ranked team at these tournaments, you don’t need to go to them. But my daughter loves them for the competition. She feels it makes her better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LILJ/FLG showing all those YJ commits like it was Juniors Open that got them committed LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LILJ/FLG showing all those YJ commits like it was Juniors Open that got them committed LOL.

There on one of the top teams in the country. They don't play for a team like the Belles or something like that. Nothing against the Belles just if a kid is playing on a top 20 team, most likely they are getting to a top 50 college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just ask the 2024's who got fooled into thinking 50-60 coaches would be at Juniors Open watching them .It was like 5 coaches . Biggest scam event ever. They forgot to tell the parents they did not pay any coaches to attend so what makes you think it will be any different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yet the sheeples keep paying for it for the Instagram posts - the FOMO is strong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just ask the 2024's who got fooled into thinking 50-60 coaches would be at Juniors Open watching them .It was like 5 coaches . Biggest scam event ever. They forgot to tell the parents they did not pay any coaches to attend so what makes you think it will be any different.

I think this year will be different. Changed the dates and list of coaches going to the clinic the first morning is impressive. I assume they are being paid for that and will stick around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this year will be different. Changed the dates and list of coaches going to the clinic the first morning is impressive. I assume they are being paid for that and will stick around.

Will be interesting. The date change was to when Under Armour does their 150 event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at last years coaches list, it was the same impressive list for the clinic and about 5 coaches were there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will be interesting. The date change was to when Under Armour does their 150 event.

This should answer the question if any coaches will be there again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
always thought the 2025 class was strong but the ones at st A’s looked bad getting dominated by a clow coached 2027 team.

betcha they are all bench warmers on there trvl teams if they even play trvl

hope you spent 50k for other reasons than lax

smh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
always thought the 2025 class was strong but the ones at st A’s looked bad getting dominated by a clow coached 2027 team.

smh

your kids team LOST by a bunch of goals, your coach got the score removed off tourney machine and then you come on here to make it seem like you dominated and won the game. get a life. it was a fall ball pick up game for the girls to get to know each other and have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

smh

What are you talking about 50K? What cost 50K? Also, “smh”!? This must be a kid posting! If not, very sad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the IL showcase? I noticed a couple LI ‘25 girls mentioned as standouts in the article. Some very talented players from all over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the IL showcase? I noticed a couple LI ‘25 girls mentioned as standouts in the article. Some very talented players from all over.

It was the best run individual showcase event we have been to... my daughter had a great time, and she enjoyed playing with and against players from all over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well run showcase. LI kids mentioned were standouts for sure, but lots of talent there overall. Families traveled from far distances to attend. I think it many would say it was worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter did the Juniors Open and she has also done the UA150 and hands down….zero question….the UA150 was better so if you have to pick between the two…it’s UA150 all the way! I would not waste another penny on the Juniors Open and would strongly encourage others to pass on that money grab. Less than 5 coaches….I saw dozens of black coaches binders on the ground in the parking lot last year because no coaches came…they call it a “3 day event” but the first day is just a 90 minute practice with your team that half the team was smart enough not to spend the additional $250 for the hotel for the first night so they showed up the next day for the games. You can get a team practice on LI with your travel team and not have to pay for a hotel! LILJ is clearly responding to these posts on BOTC and misleading people that this will be a sought after event….don’t waste your $900! PLUS 2 or 3 hotel nights for this poorly run event! I wish I could get those 3
summer days…2 hotel nights…8 hours of driving and $800 back from last years event. Did anyone feel differently?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter did the Juniors Open and she has also done the UA150 and hands down….zero question….the UA150 was better so if you have to pick between the two…it’s UA150 all the way! I would not waste another penny on the Juniors Open and would strongly encourage others to pass on that money grab. Less than 5 coaches….I saw dozens of black coaches binders on the ground in the parking lot last year because no coaches came…they call it a “3 day event” but the first day is just a 90 minute practice with your team that half the team was smart enough not to spend the additional $250 for the hotel for the first night so they showed up the next day for the games. You can get a team practice on LI with your travel team and not have to pay for a hotel! LILJ is clearly responding to these posts on BOTC and misleading people that this will be a sought after event….don’t waste your $900! PLUS 2 or 3 hotel nights for this poorly run event! I wish I could get those 3
summer days…2 hotel nights…8 hours of driving and $800 back from last years event. Did anyone feel differently?

Well this year you can’t do both. It’s in the same day. My daughter did UA150 last year and loved it. Will be doing that again. Assuming she makes it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well this year you can’t do both. It’s in the same day. My daughter did UA150 last year and loved it. Will be doing that again. Assuming she makes it.

My daughter also did both events last year. I agree that UA150 was a well run event and many coaches but the top schools went to HS Nationals which was the same days. They're listed on the websites so easy to see. I do think that JO will have top coaches attend this year with the date change and they are named specifically as coming to the extra event on first morning. I totally agree that JO is not worth the $ but nothing really is. My daughter preferred it so we're going back to JO since it's not a financial stress for us. They have publicized some attending players and out of the ten 2025 All-Stars last year at UA150, at least 5 or 6 are committed to JO this year so the level will be high. It means more girls will be able to attend 150 with the talent diluted. I see this similar to what happened to UA when American Select came around. There's something for everyone. Top players do need to do any of this. It's fun and extra if you can afford.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter liked Jr. Open over UA 150.

IL ID was top talent level all around. Obviously no coaches there, but that wasn't the point. I'm sure there were a few top girls not there, but the ones that were there were all Legit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter liked Jr. Open over UA 150.

IL ID was top talent level all around. Obviously no coaches there, but that wasn't the point. I'm sure there were a few top girls not there, but the ones that were there were all Legit.

See that’s where you lose me. There were four girls from my daughters team that are lucky they end up d2. A lot of good top talent there, but it was still fake recommendations from certain clubs that don’t have top players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont thinks thats true. Are the parents that bad? i have been on the side lines against Janelli parenets and those ppl are fun. not sure about lomo.

they otta bring him back they looked bad sunday

lot of galvin kids on team now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter got invited to IL event but we passed.
Alot of $$ and travel costs for 3 games to be evaluated.
No coaches was the deal breaker. Was told from people that went the year before it was no worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who did they play on Sunday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was only a year and a couple months ago that team was giving coach blue a run for his money...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TRUTH!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was only a year and a couple of months ago that team was giving coach blue a run for his money...

the jabronies have become iRellavant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
were there lots of coaches in tx? did they stay for whole games or just watch the beginning and leave? did they watch just the top teams or did the second and third teams get looks too?

was it worth it overall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
were there lots of coaches in tx? did they stay for whole games or just watch the beginning and leave? did they watch just the top teams or did the second and third teams get looks too?

was it worth it overall?

Depends. If you played in the top brackets yes. Usually 15-20 a half at the top few brackets. A couple at the lower ones. Worth it, maybe. But I still would like to have the 2K I spent on this trip and have used it for prospect days instead. I think you get more out of the college clinics than the showcases. Just my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

was it worth it overall?

Some coaches stayed for the whole game. Most stayed a half and then moved on. There were a few that left after five mins. Have a few friends on lower tiered teams and they weren't happy with the amount of coaches attending their games. Said it was about two or three a game where at other tournaments there was about 8-10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

was it worth it overall?

Some coaches stayed for the whole game. Most stayed a half and then moved on. There were a few that left after five mins. Have a few friends on lower tiered teams and they weren't happy with the amount of coaches attending their games. Said it was about two or three a game where at other tournaments there was about 8-10.

Too many teams and too many games in Texas to get real looks from a lot of coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How will coaches recruit Spallina’s team ? I’m sure he will push hard for the top ones but what coaches will express interest in the ones he doesn’t take ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How will coaches recruit Spallina’s team ? I’m sure he will push hard for the top ones but what coaches will express interest in the ones he doesn’t take ?

Is this a serious question?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did you see the all the coaches watching the first half of all their games ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes! Will others try and fight for kids think JS has the inside track and good chance they would lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes! Will others try and fight for kids think JS has the inside track and good chance they would lose.

Look at the other clubs he coached. The top kids including his daughter will go to the big programs. Some will produce, others will not. The bottom half of the roster will scratch for mid tier programs. Some will be overachievers and some not History repeats itself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the other clubs he coached. The top kids including his daughter will go to the big programs. Some will produce, others will not. The bottom half of the roster will scratch for mid tier programs. Some will be overachievers and some not History repeats itself

Isn’t he a top program? Will his daughter and her top 25s friends go to him? It will be Interesting to see!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our experience was Texas was very productive. My daughter got a lot of hits on her Sports Recruits profile, and coaches were reaching out to our club director. It was worth the trip and the expense. I only wish it had been warmer 🥶

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pirecca may be a good college coach but she is the worst club coach we have ever had: doesn’t show up, curses at the kids, makes kids cry, tells them they are losers and she is wasting her time on them. Honestly embarrassing that jesters allows this.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community forum standards.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our experience was Texas was very productive. My daughter got a lot of hits on her Sports Recruits profile, and coaches were reaching out to our club director. It was worth the trip and the expense. I only wish it had been warmer 🥶

She is probably on a top team because my daughter’s team is ranked just outside the top 20 last year and there was only two or three at their games. Spoke to other parents in similar ranked teams and they felt the same. One parent from Steps said 30 colleges at every one of their games. So like others have said, I guess it depends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She is probably on a top team because my daughter’s team is ranked just outside the top 20 last year and there was only two or three at their games. Spoke to other parents in similar ranked teams and they felt the same. One parent from Steps said 30 colleges at every one of their games. So like others have said, I guess it depends.

does it matter when your daughter plays in these showcase games? i noticed the sidelines were filled in the first half when top teams played but then the coaches would scatter at halftime to watch other games limiting exposure for girls who tend to play more in the second half

seems like the coaches focus on the starters which probably makes sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

does it matter when your daughter plays in these showcase games? i noticed the sidelines were filled in the first half when top teams played but then the coaches would scatter at halftime to watch other games limiting exposure for girls who tend to play more in the second half

At this point in the process, your Coaches shouldn't have starters and non-starters. At this point it should be a rotation with kids playing as even an amount of time as possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this point in the process, your Coaches shouldn't have starters and non-starters. At this point it should be a rotation with kids playing as even an amount of time as possible.

Every club and coach does it differently. I understand your sentiment, playing time since all these tournaments are "showcases," should be split pretty equally.

But this might not be the best way to do it. Right now, the top colleges are looking at 2025s, while the lower-level colleges are focused on the 2024 class. It might be better to play the starting line more this year and then give the next lines more time next year than the starting line, which is already mostly recruited.

This assumes that the bottom of the roster's parents have a realistic opinion of where their daughter fits in the mix - that is a big assumption and where this "ideal" solution will fall short.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This assumes that the bottom of the roster's parents have a realistic opinion of where their daughter fits in the mix - that is a big assumption and where this "ideal" solution will fall short.

Fair point. As someone whose daughter is in the middle I agree with this to an extent. But even some of the top kids parents think their kids are the next Charlotte North. Had one [Censored] parent ranting and raving on the sideline in Dallas every game about going away from what works for the team. (Let my daughter handle the ball) There is 19 other kids on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club and coach does it differently. I understand your sentiment, playing time since all these tournaments are "showcases," should be split pretty equally.

But this might not be the best way to do it. Right now, the top colleges are looking at 2025s, while the lower-level colleges are focused on the 2024 class. It might be better to play the starting line more this year and then give the next lines more time next year than the starting line, which is already mostly recruited.

thats exactly how our club handles the goalies where we have a great one and a good one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best schools are there for a small part of most games. They want to see as much of the top level that they can. The mid to lower d1 will be around the following fall. Play starters!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thats exactly how our club handles the goalies where we have a great one and a good one

Also some (not all) of the committed players become less reliable, which creates more opportunities for other players to shine next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the most part, it's best of time is split as evenly as possible unless the coach knows, for a fact, that a particular college coach is watching a specific player on the roster. In those kinds of cases, that player should get increased time for that game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the most part, it's best of time is split as evenly as possible unless the coach knows, for a fact, that a particular college coach is watching a specific player on the roster. In those kinds of cases, that player should get increased time for that game

I think you are wrong. In the fall they look for athletes and express general interest. Athletes that are average and have good skills dont get indentified. Next summer they come back and look closer at those targets, In the fall the average athletes and not elite lax players get recruited by mid to lower D1. Play your starters and top kids and make sure coaches put players in where they can be successful in front of coaches. Syracuse is not recruiting all 20+ players on your team. They need to see the best before they leave at halftime to watch other players on other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything you're writing makes sense. The one thing you have to remember though is that the mid-low level D1 schools are also there to watch their targets. The top 20 schools are not the only ones going to tournaments. The bottom line is that attending showcases and ID camps is significantly more important than tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with points from both of the last post . My daughter is probably Top 25-50 college caliber. She starts on a Top 10 team while other kids in her position rarely play, and I mean rarely.
Not sure that's entirely fair.

Top 80 teams come to tournaments as well as top 10 teams. I'm not sure a player should play the entire game because Maryland or UNC is at the game to watch your star when Radford or BU is there also watching a lower player on your team. Now, how do you fix this? It's easy in my eyes. Clubs have to stop being greedy and not take 22 players on the team. Take 18. Therefore the bottom 4 on your team will be on another team getting significant minutes.

Not saying I'm right. Just my opinion because I see the other side about having them get major minutes in the Fall, but then why pay all that money for summer if you aren't going to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything you're writing makes sense. The one thing you have to remember though is that the mid-low level D1 schools are also there to watch their targets. The top 20 schools are not the only ones going to tournaments. The bottom line is that attending showcases and ID camps is significantly more important than tournaments.

You're right on many points - but I disagree on one thing - the mid-low schools are there, but the majority are on the 2024 sideline right now - except the young, stary-eyed dreamer assistant coaches.

I completely agree that camps are the way to go. We've hit a bunch, and it made it really easy to see which coaches were a good fit and which to scratch off the list, regardless of how interesting the school may be. There was one school my daughter really liked for the academics and the major she's interested in; she came off the field and said, "there's no way I can spend 3 hours a day, 6 days a week with that coach. I'll be miserable. I can't go here."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right on many points - but I disagree on one thing - the mid-low schools are there, but the majority are on the 2024 sideline right now - except the young, stary-eyed dreamer assistant coaches.

I completely agree that camps are the way to go. We've hit a bunch, and it made it really easy to see which coaches were a good fit and which to scratch off the list, regardless of how interesting the school may be. There was one school my daughter really liked for the academics and the major she's interested in; she came off the field and said, "there's no way I can spend 3 hours a day, 6 days a week with that coach. I'll be miserable. I can't go here."

Yes, my daughter (2024) had similar experiences where she just didn't like a particular coach or the way the current players interacted with ID camp attendees. With close to 1,000 D1 2024 commitments nationwide to date, I have to believe that, for the most part, they are close to being done with 2024s.

If I can pass on some unsolicited advice (having gone through the process as a parent for the past years and as a coach for several years) I think the best thing for all 2025 parents to do is to come up with a list of schools for your daughter to target by this Summer. Hit those ID camps and showcases those coaches will be at all Winter, Spring and Summer. While doing that, pay close attention to the commitments at those schools. You can easily fond those on laxnumbers.com.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Equal" playing time for the showcases is a complete joke and a disservice to the girls that are actually recruitable. Every club coach would definitely prefer to win games and to do so they would put the best players on the field to achieve that goal. If your daughter is not breaking the starting lineup of your club team, its a pretty clear indication that top 25, or even D1 is not a realistic fit for her to play lacrosse. Everyone says "oh, winning doesn't matter in these years." Not true. You win, you theoretically should move up into the rankings, play against better competition in higher brackets in tournaments where certainly the higher level college coaches flock to. If you don't believe this, next tournament go watch CT. Grizzlies vs. M&D and check out the sideline lined with coaches, then go to Elevate vs. Phantastics...ghost town. Not saying either of those teams (and just randomly picked those two, can insert whatever team...) don't have a few good recruitable girls, but overall its a different level of talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Equal" playing time for the showcases is a complete joke and a disservice to the girls that are actually recruitable. Every club coach would definitely prefer to win games and to do so they would put the best players on the field to achieve that goal. If your daughter is not breaking the starting lineup of your club team, its a pretty clear indication that top 25, or even D1 is not a realistic fit for her to play lacrosse. Everyone says "oh, winning doesn't matter in these years." Not true. You win, you theoretically should move up into the rankings, play against better competition in higher brackets in tournaments where certainly the higher level college coaches flock to. If you don't believe this, next tournament go watch CT. Grizzlies vs. M&D and check out the sideline lined with coaches, then go to Elevate vs. Phantastics...ghost town. Not saying either of those teams (and just randomly picked those two, can insert whatever team...) don't have a few good recruitable girls, but overall its a different level of talent.

This is ridiculous. Some D3 and and ranked d2 teams can beat low end d1 teams and there’s a lot of them. To say a kid who isn’t breaking into the starting lineup can’t play d1 just shows that you have no idea what you’re talking about. My daughter starts on a top 10 team and the person who plays the least at her position (#6 on the depth chart and plays half the game) will certainly be recruited to a top 50-75 team. As well as #1 who plays 60% of the game will be in the Top 5. No doubt about it.

“A disservice to the players…”. LMAO. Everyone of my daughters games this year was attended by 20-35 college coaches. UNC was at everyone of them. You know who else was at everyone of them. BU. The 100th ranked team in the country. Bottom d1 teams need to get players as well.

Guarantee this is the parent who was ranting up and down the sidelines about going away from what makes us win in Dallas.

And your point about M&D vs Grizzlies makes my point for me. You think the sixth best midfielder on M&D isn’t getting recruited to a top 50 school? She is. And guess what. She needs to play to be seen. Yes the 6th best player on the Belles isn’t getting recruited d1. But if you are a top 50 program kids need to be seen. It’s not just about your daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way the ranking system is set up, you don’t have to win any game to be ranked high in the rankings. A team can go 5-20. Play all top 20 teams, have a gd of -2 and still be to 10.

My team can play Spallina lose 50 straight games by 1 and still be ranked #2. Doesn’t go by wins and loses. Goes by strength of schedule and goal differential AVG not tot.

An example would be Skywalkers. They are 7-5-1 and ranked 5th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for the good teams the b starters will do better than the a backups

happens every year yet still parents want their kids on the a bench

yeah but my kid is different yeah sure she is look at the history

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The way the ranking system is set up, you don’t have to win any game to be ranked high in the rankings. A team can go 5-20. Play all top 20 teams, have a gd of -2 and still be to 10.

My team can play Spallina lose 50 straight games by 1 and still be ranked #2. Doesn’t go by wins and loses. Goes by strength of schedule and goal differential AVG not tot.

This right here. "We want to win!" doesn't matter, you only have to be competitive.

As for "starting" vs everyone else, that doesn't really matter either. My kid is goalie and preferred the second half, so that's what she plays. She likes to watch the first half to get a read on the offense and identify the shooters. The other goalie tends to play better first half because she carries a certain vibe into the game. She loses energy standing on the sideline first half, which causes her to come into the game flat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really don’t know why is better. Your kid plays on an A team and gets significant minutes. Is an offensive player and scores 4-8 goals a tournament. Your kid is a star on a B or C team playing b or c teams scoring 20 goals a tournament. I really don’t know what is better. I think the kid on either team still has to show up to a camp and play I. Front of that coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This right here. "We want to win!" doesn't matter, you only have to be competitive.

As for "starting" vs everyone else, that doesn't really matter either. My kid is goalie and preferred the second half, so that's what she plays. She likes to watch the first half to get a read on the offense and identify the shooters. The other goalie tends to play better first half because she carries a certain vibe into the game. She loses energy standing on the sideline first half, which causes her to come into the game flat.

from experience I would ask to play the first half once in a while

the top coaches scatter in the second half to watch the second tier teams

happened on my daughters team where the second goalie placed way lower even though she was the strongest of the 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rankings are a complete joke for 1. Colleges dont care and winning should matter. GD should not. Winning or losing games in a showcase is an issue for some coaches afraid to drop. I do agree all need to be seen but not all seen by top 30 teams will get recruited there with equal time. No team has 20 equal level players and colleges look for the best athletes that produce first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom 50 D1 coaches, D2 coaches, D3 coaches go to tournaments too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah but according to that guy it’s a disservice to his daughter to not let her play the whole game because she is more important than a girl going to a team like Colgate.
🙄

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

happened on my daughters team where the second goalie placed way lower even though she was the strongest of the 2

It is always better to play the 2nd half, for the reasons the OP said. You can figure out the shooters and your defense has time to get organized. Playing your best is the most important thing for recruiting. The coaches wander back and forth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She doesn't want to play the first half. She wants to play the half she feels she's the most productive.

All coaches move around to see the kids they are interested in seeing play, regardless of what half it is.

Maybe the second half goalie on your daughter's team wasn't as strong as you think. Maybe she wasn't "marketed" as well as the other goalie. Maybe she chose to go way lower than the other goalie.

If you think a college coach cares whether your kid is a starter on their club team, you're sadly mistaken. If a coach wants to see your kid play, they are going to show up when your kid is playing. If they can't make it fit their schedule, they'll ask the coach to re-arrange the lineup. But, if you think that top 20 schools only want the starters you're going to have to wake up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is always better to play the 2nd half, for the reasons the OP said. You can figure out the shooters and your defense has time to get organized. Playing your best is the most important thing for recruiting. The coaches wander back and forth.

yup the best coaches always save their studs for the second half

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah but according to that guy it’s a disservice to his daughter to not let her play the whole game because she is more important than a girl going to a team like Colgate.
🙄

I would think “disservice” poster’s daughter isn’t Charlotte North but I bet North could get recruited playing half a game. Or Belle Smith, or Cordingley, or the Tyrells or ah you get the point. They don’t have to play the whole game. The original poster who said that was way way off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches know what half the goalies they are recruiting are playing. Goalies reach out to the coaches that they are interested in and let them know what half they are playing. So the thought that a top team isn’t watching top recruits in the second half and watching second tier teams is almost as ridiculous as the post about not playing the starters the whole game is a disservice post. I pray parents that don’t have a clue about recruiting don’t come here on this site for guidance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaches know what half the goalies they are recruiting are playing. Goalies reach out to the coaches that they are interested in and let them know what half they are playing. So the thought that a top team isn’t watching top recruits in the second half and watching second tier teams is almost as ridiculous as the post about not playing the starters the whole game is a disservice post. I pray parents that don’t have a clue about recruiting don’t come here on this site for guidance

This^^^ 100%. I hope people don't come on here looking for sound advice. Unfortunately you get a lot of this on an anonymous message board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This^^^ 100%. I hope people don't come on here looking for sound advice. Unfortunately you get a lot of this on an anonymous message board.

It is very obvious that many who post on this thread know nothing about the sport or the recruiting process. Many of these individuals will get a big wake up call when September 1 rolls around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

🙄

I would think “disservice” poster’s daughter isn’t Charlotte North but I bet North could get recruited playing half a game. Or Belle Smith, or Cordingley, or the Tyrells or ah you get the point. They don’t have to play the whole game. The original poster who said that was way way off.

College coaches can identify the players they like in a minute or two...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every kid on a top club team is hoping a high major college calls. They all believe BC/NW/UNC/MD will call if the player really likes the school and has reached out. Kids want to be seen scoring a goal by those schools and think 1 play gets them recruited. The bottom 50 d1, d2 and d3 coaches come back the following fall when kids havent been offered by their dream schools and now willing to listen to them so they have a place to play. This summer the top schools will be looking for the top kids. The Not top tier d1 one will have to decide which players will consider them or pass on the top kids and start the interest with a middle level kid. All the top colleges want the same kids!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

🙄

College coaches can identify the players they like in a minute or two...

This. At a recent camp, Jenny Levy told girls that when she goes to tournaments she "can tell who can play in 5 or 10 minutes". they rest of the team I am watching for intangibles, like supporting teams, hustle plays, good attitude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are wrong. In the fall they look for athletes and express general interest. Athletes that are average and have good skills dont get indentified. Next summer they come back and look closer at those targets, In the fall the average athletes and not elite lax players get recruited by mid to lower D1. Play your starters and top kids and make sure coaches put players in where they can be successful in front of coaches. Syracuse is not recruiting all 20+ players on your team. They need to see the best before they leave at halftime to watch other players on other clubs.

Reality is for the top schools, how you play in tourneys is less important. For them, its all about how you play at their camps. When they go to tourneys, they are pretty much just looking for girls to invite to camps.

For instance, I know every offer NW made last year was to girls who went to their camps over the past year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reality is for the top schools, how you play in tourneys is less important. For them, its all about how you play at their camps. When they go to tourneys, they are pretty much just looking for girls to invite to camps.

For instance, I know every offer NW made last year was to girls who went to their camps over the past year.

Not true, my daughter never went to a Northwestern camp and the coaches came to our house to recruit her. She didn’t wind up going there, but why spread rumors that are absolutely not true? I know of other girls that this has happened to as well. You could say the same for the college my daughter committed to as well. She never went to a camp, but was contacted Sept 1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please do not post such nonsense, your post is simply not accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every NW 24 commit went to either their summer or winter camp. That's 100% true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe, however the program with the best results for 23 and 24 recruits -- Grizzlies -- has "equal" playing time policy. Not completely equal, but every one plays significant minutes every game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really don’t know why is better. Your kid plays on an A team and gets significant minutes. Is an offensive player and scores 4-8 goals a tournament. Your kid is a star on a B or C team playing b or c teams scoring 20 goals a tournament. I really don’t know what is better. I think the kid on either team still has to show up to a camp and play I. Front of that coach.

Varies by school. Some schools place much more emphasis on camps and prospect days than others. Generally top 20 programs play a much higher value on camps than middle tier schools. Camps tend to me much more important for Goalies and defenders (or middies recruited as defenders) than offensive players.

Best way to prep is to have your club director reach out to schools and get feedback.

As a general rule, if you know you have some interest, you should go "narrow" and focus on single school prospect days, but if you don't have confirmed interest, you should go "wider" and focus on multi-school showcases or all-star games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Varies by school. Some schools place much more emphasis on camps and prospect days than others. Generally top 20 programs play a much higher value on camps than middle tier schools. Camps tend to me much more important for Goalies and defenders (or middies recruited as defenders) than offensive players.

Best way to prep is to have your club director reach out to schools and get feedback.

As a general rule, if you know you have some interest, you should go "narrow" and focus on single school prospect days, but if you don't have confirmed interest, you should go "wider" and focus on multi-school showcases or all-star games.

Nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every NW 24 commit went to either their summer or winter camp. That's 100% true.

I know a girl that went to zero camps, didnt play all summer either. Recruited from last fall by the top teams.
Top teams will try for best players even if they didnt attend a camp but have a great eval of her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know a girl that went to zero camps, didnt play all summer either. Recruited from last fall by the top teams.
Top teams will try for best players even if they didnt attend a camp but have a great eval of her.

I believe this. My daughter went to a ton of things as a B team player and was barely recruited. Several of her A team friends did hardly anything extra and were heavily recruited. If you're good, they know who you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know a girl who never picked up a stick and got recruited to a top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know a girl who never picked up a stick and got recruited to a top team.

The 2 girls I know of played in Maryland on the top team. One was an Acl injury and the other did no school camps. Who is the girl you know ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nonsense.

Sounds like a 24 parent who realizes that paying to play on an American select C team was a bad investment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nonsense.

Sounds like a 24 parent who realizes that paying to play on an American select C team was a bad investment.

Original poster. Not the case. First example

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nonsense.

Original poster. Not the case. First example

Oops. Not OP. Mine was the second that begins I’m really not sure what is better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to see 2025 finally posting even if most of the posters don’t have a clue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe every commit went to their camp but every offer wasn't to girls who went to their camps. They offered girls who never went to their camps. Those girls chose other schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches do not care where they see a player play. Coaches know what they like when they see it so it doesn't matter where they see it, camp, club tournament, showcase event etc... What the coaches do want to see is athletes competing against the best competition possible.

If your daughter is not one of the best players i.e. "Top 25 - 50" players in the country than it is very important to express sincere interest in the school and the lacrosse program that she is interested in. Going to a camp at a particular school might help convince the coach that you are truly interested in that school. Coaches want players who want to be a part of their program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody’s journey will be different. What works for my daughter may not be what’s best for yours. To think there is just one blueprint to this whole ridiculous recruiting process wouLd be short sighted.

Remember. It’s a business. All these camps, showcases, clinics etc. it’s a way for these coaches to get paid extra. That’s why 500 kids show up to a Duke summer camp with the coaches only having interest in About 10 kids that are there. My personal favorite is the camp store where you Venmo the Asst coach. 😁. And there’s nothing wrong with that. But it’s a business

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches want players who want to be a part of their program.

THIS.

There's a school my daughter is very interested in. Every time the coach sees her, the coach says, "Where do you want to go to school?"

Every.
Time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THIS.

There's a school my daughter is very interested in. Every time the coach sees her, the coach says, "Where do you want to go to school?"

Every.
Time.

Not sure if that means they take her. I hope so. My daughter loves one school. Goes to every camp they have. They know her by name and say hello when they see her at tournaments. Not sure that means they want her. If it was a lower ranked team, I would feel different. But I definitely think it helps. Who knows and if someone tells you they do, they’re full of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

THIS.

Every.
Time.

Not sure if that means they take her. I hope so. My daughter loves one school. Goes to every camp they have. They know her by name and say hello when they see her at tournaments. Not sure that means they want her. If it was a lower ranked team, I would feel different. But I definitely think it helps. Who knows and if someone tells you they do, they’re full of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some recruiting info if you need/want it…

1. If you are a top tier player, schools have mostly likely already reached out to your director after the fall season about any interest they may have in you as a player.
2. Before attending any camps ask your director or coach if any particular school has shown any interest. They may or may not tell you. [Censored], but it is what it is. Be selective in your camps/showcases - you can spend your whole summer and a ton of money going to camps/showcases that don’t matter to your end result.
3. How you perform on your HS team matters more than most people think. You don’t have to be the best player or on all the scoring lists but at least be a contributor. Hopefully your child is also a multi-sport athlete.
4. Visit the schools you are interested in attending before July. If you have a list of 10 try to visit at least 6-8 without any outside influence. Then gauge how you felt when you left. Every school will give you a different feeling when you leave - don’t disregard it. That feeling is your lasting impression and does matter.
5. Don’t over attend the same camps. Even if the school is interested, they already know you are more interested in them then they might be in you and it will reflect in their offer. If your parents have deep pockets it won’t matter much lol.
6. When it comes time to go on visits and take offers or if you get an offer on Sept. 1 that might not be from a school that is on your list, do not disregard and make sure you show that coach the same courtesy you would to a coach that is on your list. In some instances, a school not on your list may have done more research on you, have a higher interest and may be able to provide a better offer. You may also be a better fit and play more.
7. While athletic full scholarships are possible, don’t think they are handed out like candy. Each program might have 1-3 full athletic scholarship players on the team. Some schools will not give out any full scholarships and will base any future money on your performance and individual awards. Lacrosse programs only get 12 full scholarships that they have to spread out across 30 + players. There are ways to get other money but depends on the school.
8. Don’t brush off any coach that contacts you on Sept. 1. Make sure you respond back and be courteous even if it is to say no thank you.
9. If you don’t get recruited with the first wave. The fall is a get time to get recruited. So show up to play your best as many programs are rarely done recruiting by November. Some are barely half way done.
10. As summer tournaments approach, know that your lacrosse IQ, hard work, communication and being a good teammate can get you further then just your skill. Coaches want to know you have skill but they also want to know you can make the right play and play the game the right way.

Good luck class of 2025

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. If you are a top tier player, schools have mostly likely already reached out to your director after the fall season about any interest they may have in you as a player.
2. Before attending any camps ask your director or coach if any particular school has shown any interest. They may or may not tell you. [Censored], but it is what it is. Be selective in your camps/showcases - you can spend your whole summer and a ton of money going to camps/showcases that don’t matter to your end result.
3. How you perform on your HS team matters more than most people think. You don’t have to be the best player or on all the scoring lists but at least be a contributor. Hopefully your child is also a multi-sport athlete.
4. Visit the schools you are interested in attending before July. If you have a list of 10 try to visit at least 6-8 without any outside influence. Then gauge how you felt when you left. Every school will give you a different feeling when you leave - don’t disregard it. That feeling is your lasting impression and does matter.
5. Don’t over attend the same camps. Even if the school is interested, they already know you are more interested in them then they might be in you and it will reflect in their offer. If your parents have deep pockets it won’t matter much lol.
6. When it comes time to go on visits and take offers or if you get an offer on Sept. 1 that might not be from a school that is on your list, do not disregard and make sure you show that coach the same courtesy you would to a coach that is on your list. In some instances, a school not on your list may have done more research on you, have a higher interest and may be able to provide a better offer. You may also be a better fit and play more.
7. While athletic full scholarships are possible, don’t think they are handed out like candy. Each program might have 1-3 full athletic scholarship players on the team. Some schools will not give out any full scholarships and will base any future money on your performance and individual awards. Lacrosse programs only get 12 full scholarships that they have to spread out across 30 + players. There are ways to get other money but depends on the school.
8. Don’t brush off any coach that contacts you on Sept. 1. Make sure you respond back and be courteous even if it is to say no thank you.
9. If you don’t get recruited with the first wave. The fall is a get time to get recruited. So show up to play your best as many programs are rarely done recruiting by November. Some are barely half way done.
10. As summer tournaments approach, know that your lacrosse IQ, hard work, communication and being a good teammate can get you further then just your skill. Coaches want to know you have skill but they also want to know you can make the right play and play the game the right way.

Good luck class of 2025

Well look at that. An informative post. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck class of 2025

Great post from someone who has clearly been through the process.

Agree with everything except point #5. Not saying you should attend every camp, but should definitely attend multiple for your top choice, ESPECIALLY their last chance camp in mid to late August.

Can't emphasis #10 enough. Multiple coaches (including my daughter's current coach (ACC) have said when they watch a game of a prospect they are interested in, 90% of what they evaluate is not skill related. (Are they supporting teammates on the bench? How do they react to a bad play? Are they looking towards their parents in the crowd? What is the team culture (both coaches and parents)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a question. Why don’t some club coaches tell you if a school is interested? I think it would be more beneficial to know if “School A, B and C” reached out therefore you can attend their camps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here’s a question. Why don’t some club coaches tell you if a school is interested? I think it would be more beneficial to know if “School A, B and C” reached out therefore you can attend their camps.

We've wondered the same thing, and have an idea why. My kid switched clubs, for the better in every aspect, this past fall. The new club has a recruiting coordinator who is also her team coach. We have been non-stop on emails, 90+ for a few tournaments, 40 or so for the rest. She has gotten looks, we've seen the coaches.

To get to the point... the first time she spoke to the club RC she was asked for a Top 10 list and what she considered her "reach" schools. One of her reach schools has an assistant that trained her from the start while she was at a school near us as an assistant coach. She knows my kid, has seen her play and train, and even coached her at a showcase in the fall.That school also has an assistant that the RC knows very well. When my daughter said that school was a reach the RC immediately went into heavy question mode about why it was considered a reach, etc. Since then, they've talked again and the RC has suggested several schools to remove from her list because they are "higher tier schools and probably have their 2025 list in her position set." But, all of these schools have been consistently ranked lower than the school she keeps bringing up and reminding her to keep on the top of her list.

Does this mean anything? Maybe, maybe not. We can only think of two reasons why the RC isn't talking but still pushing the school.... One, there is minimal interest, nothing to get excited over. Or two, there is enough interest that she doesn't want my kid to completely focus on one school and miss other potential opportunities. That's where a stand, we don't know squat about contact but we do know some of the schools that have shown up to watch her play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We've wondered the same thing, and have an idea why. My kid switched clubs, for the better in every aspect, this past fall. The new club has a recruiting coordinator who is also her team coach. We have been non-stop on emails, 90+ for a few tournaments, 40 or so for the rest. She has gotten looks, we've seen the coaches.

To get to the point... the first time she spoke to the club RC she was asked for a Top 10 list and what she considered her "reach" schools. One of her reach schools has an assistant that trained her from the start while she was at a school near us as an assistant coach. She knows my kid, has seen her play and train, and even coached her at a showcase in the fall.That school also has an assistant that the RC knows very well. When my daughter said that school was a reach the RC immediately went into heavy question mode about why it was considered a reach, etc. Since then, they've talked again and the RC has suggested several schools to remove from her list because they are "higher tier schools and probably have their 2025 list in her position set." But, all of these schools have been consistently ranked lower than the school she keeps bringing up and reminding her to keep on the top of her list.

Does this mean anything? Maybe, maybe not. We can only think of two reasons why the RC isn't talking but still pushing the school.... One, there is minimal interest, nothing to get excited over. Or two, there is enough interest that she doesn't want my kid to completely focus on one school and miss other potential opportunities. That's where a stand, we don't know squat about contact but we do know some of the schools that have shown up to watch her play.

In the same boat. Switched teams last year. All my daughter was asked for was a list of her schools in reach fit and safety categories. RC was happy with the list but she don’t tell us who is interested in and who isn’t.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think coaches have 2025 list of recruits set? I can’t believe that. I think they probably have ideas or who they want but you think they’ve seen everyone already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You think coaches have 2025 list of recruits set? I can’t believe that. I think they probably have ideas or who they want but you think they’ve seen everyone already?

No. Talking about interest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, did you see every available human being before you got married? Coaches don't compile an unlimited list of players at each position. If they only intend to take two or three middies that list isn't going to be massive. If they only intend to take one goalie that list position isn't going to be more than 6 or seven deep.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think they may have some super stars on their list and have some girls penciled in (want to see more), but i think there are players that will be put on their lists this summer. I think the most important recruiting time is this summer with tourneys and camps/clinics, so schedule up like it’s your job and vacation all wrapped up into one this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, did you see every available human being before you got married? Coaches don't compile an unlimited list of players at each position. If they only intend to take two or three middies that list isn't going to be massive. If they only intend to take one goalie that list position isn't going to be more than 6 or seven deep.

It won't be 6 or 7 deep in July. Probably closer to 15. Then 5 or so get contacts, maybe 2 or 3 get visits. And then an offer to the first with the next 2 on standby

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It won't be 6 or 7 deep in July. Probably closer to 15. Then 5 or so get contacts, maybe 2 or 3 get visits. And then an offer to the first with the next 2 on standby

That's the point. Six or seven deep now means wasting resources to be eight, nine or ten in line. Unless there's incredible talent in the kid, they aren't suddenly going to hop others who've been to repeated camps and in front of the same coaches. That's why some need to be tossed into the reach category at this point and the majority of the effort needs to be elsewhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the point. Six or seven deep now means wasting resources to be eight, nine or ten in line. Unless there's incredible talent in the kid, they aren't suddenly going to hop others who've been to repeated camps and in front of the same coaches. That's why some need to be tossed into the reach category at this point and the majority of the effort needs to be elsewhere.

I would assume all the kids are on the same coaches list. I know on my daughter’s team, all the kids want to go to the same schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would assume all the kids are on the same coaches list. I know on my daughter’s team, all the kids want to go to the same schools.

Every girl on the team wanting to go UNC, MD, BC etc, doesn't mean every girl is anywhere near the recruit list for those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every girl on the team wanting to go UNC, MD, BC etc, doesn't mean every girl is anywhere near the recruit list for those teams.

That’s it the schools I was talking about. But thank you Kreskin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Some recruiting info if you need/want it…

This one is too late for the 25's but a good point for 26's & 27's. GRADES MATTER SOOO MUCH IN 9th & 10th GRADE. My daughter is going to a $48k school. She got @ $16k for lacrosse but she got $22k for academics. That academic money swayed us to that school. The extra academic money could help tremendously or be a deciding factor if you are looking at a high price school (which most are). Since the recruiting is occuring in the beginning of your junior year you need your grades to already be strong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Some recruiting info if you need/want it…

This one is too late for the 25's but a good point for 26's & 27's. GRADES MATTER SOOO MUCH IN 9th & 10th GRADE. My daughter is going to a $48k school. She got @ $16k for lacrosse but she got $22k for academics. That academic money swayed us to that school. The extra academic money could help tremendously or be a deciding factor if you are looking at a high price school (which most are). Since the recruiting is occuring in the beginning of your junior year you need your grades to already be strong.

30%athletic is a quality offer. Sue must be a top player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have lists, only they are not complete lists yet. My daughter has been talking to coaches via the club since November.

It's a notIntelligent game. They can't make contact until 9/1 so instead there's the middle person and the contacts happen anyway. Or, you go to the camps and they can talk to you as much as they want, as long as they don't outright "recruit" you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is a 2024 and committed in September. Great offer from a top school on her list. I will say this you will be contacted by a couple of schools you had no idea had interest, and you will not be contacted by several that you were sure were going to make contact. My daughter plays on what would be considered one of the top clubs and this was the general consensus of the girls on our team. We were taught to follow the love and follow the money. Dont chase if interest is not there. WE did go to many camps of school she had interest in and I do think that is a big help. (if it is not a financial burden) . I do believe their is a fit for almost all of the girls that want to play in college. I think it is up to the Coaches (high school and Club) and parents to know your daughter ability and show interest in schools where her ability level is recruited.

Good Luck to all the 2025's, I can tell you my daughter enjoyed the process and I wish the same for all of your daughters.

Also email coaches and asst's of school where you have interest and give them your summer schedule, then e-mail them again on eve of the tourny. And we never said we were not interested in any school that contacted club prior to 9/1. You never know how it is going to go so leave all options open.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you had a great experience; nice to hear but the truth for most girls/boys is that it’s very stressful and you are basically on your own. Clubs have so many kids and if you are top 10 on the A team they will get incoming calls but outside of that you must put in the work/effort to help yourself get recruited and have options.
I heard one dad say that went through it s few times that ‘when it’s to late it’s too late”. Be proactive.
Word is also that college staffs have grown tired of dealing with clubs (politics and selling certain kids as porsches when they are hondas). They care alot what your HS coach says; I know for years it was all about club coach but moving back to more communication w/ HS coach.

This is one of the biggest decisions our kids will ever make in their lives; treat it like that. And do whatever you can to avoid the outside Noise!! I know it sounds fool and I always wondered Why, but parents will lie about who is recruiting their kid and all the offers they have received! Its very sad, so keep your mouth closed. worry about your kid and best of luck!! There is a home for everyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the High School coach thing. I guess it depends on if you are at the top high school. But my daughter plays top 5 club and top 200 HS. They aren’t reaching out to her hs coach. I pray they don’t. He’s a buffoon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the High School coach thing. I guess it depends on if you are at the top high school. But my daughter plays top 5 club and top 200 HS. They aren’t reaching out to her hs coach. I pray they don’t. He’s a buffoon.

100% My biggest fear is a coach asking the high school asking about Lax IQ and hearing "her grades are pretty good."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then again, my daughters club coaches don’t answer my daughter or her teammate’s emails either. 🤷🏻‍♂️

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No college is reaching out to a HS coach unless that HS coach is also a well known club coach. Daughter’s coach is terrible and useless. I don’t even have a lot of faith in thr club coaches. You need to do the work and be persistent. Don’t rely on anyone to get this done for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Horrible
Directors need to know and hear complaints
Pay way to much money and all the add on money for guest/special coaches showing up at practices
Their taking advantage

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your club coaches are not doing the right thing why are you paying all that money. Thats their job. Time to move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs that have a reputation get the window and door open. The kid has to go through the door herself. Covid is over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No college is reaching out to a HS coach unless that HS coach is also a well known club coach. Daughter’s coach is terrible and useless. I don’t even have a lot of faith in thr club coaches. You need to do the work and be persistent. Don’t rely on anyone to get this done for you.

I can name many times where a college coach would reach out to a high school coach before an offer was extended. Usually a 3 minute call to ask about work ethic, personal traits, etc.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard