BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Re: Girls 2025-10th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a bad price did you see how many commits they had from it.

So those kids needed to go to the Juniors Open otherwise they wouldn't have committed? Come on.

It’s a ridiculous money grab. As long as people are brainwashed into thinking they have to do all these events, the more will keep popping up. The social media showing girls that committed is marketing. They also played in many other events that got them recruited. If your daughter plays for a top 20-30 team and does the summer circut of tournaments, that is sufficient
LILJ/FLG showing all those YJ commits like it was Juniors Open that got them committed LOL.

There on one of the top teams in the country. They don't play for a team like the Belles or something like that. Nothing against the Belles just if a kid is playing on a top 20 team, most likely they are getting to a top 50 college.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just ask the 2024's who got fooled into thinking 50-60 coaches would be at Juniors Open watching them .It was like 5 coaches . Biggest scam event ever. They forgot to tell the parents they did not pay any coaches to attend so what makes you think it will be any different.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So those kids needed to go to the Juniors Open otherwise they wouldn't have committed? Come on.

It’s a ridiculous money grab. As long as people are brainwashed into thinking they have to do all these events, the more will keep popping up. The social media showing girls that committed is marketing. They also played in many other events that got them recruited. If your daughter plays for a top 20-30 team and does the summer circut of tournaments, that is sufficient
LILJ/FLG showing all those YJ commits like it was Juniors Open that got them committed LOL.

yet the sheeples keep paying for it for the Instagram posts - the FOMO is strong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just ask the 2024's who got fooled into thinking 50-60 coaches would be at Juniors Open watching them .It was like 5 coaches . Biggest scam event ever. They forgot to tell the parents they did not pay any coaches to attend so what makes you think it will be any different.

I think this year will be different. Changed the dates and list of coaches going to the clinic the first morning is impressive. I assume they are being paid for that and will stick around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this year will be different. Changed the dates and list of coaches going to the clinic the first morning is impressive. I assume they are being paid for that and will stick around.

Will be interesting. The date change was to when Under Armour does their 150 event.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at last years coaches list, it was the same impressive list for the clinic and about 5 coaches were there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will be interesting. The date change was to when Under Armour does their 150 event.

This should answer the question if any coaches will be there again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
always thought the 2025 class was strong but the ones at st A’s looked bad getting dominated by a clow coached 2027 team.

betcha they are all bench warmers on there trvl teams if they even play trvl

hope you spent 50k for other reasons than lax

smh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
always thought the 2025 class was strong but the ones at st A’s looked bad getting dominated by a clow coached 2027 team.

smh

your kids team LOST by a bunch of goals, your coach got the score removed off tourney machine and then you come on here to make it seem like you dominated and won the game. get a life. it was a fall ball pick up game for the girls to get to know each other and have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

smh

What are you talking about 50K? What cost 50K? Also, “smh”!? This must be a kid posting! If not, very sad!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the IL showcase? I noticed a couple LI ‘25 girls mentioned as standouts in the article. Some very talented players from all over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the IL showcase? I noticed a couple LI ‘25 girls mentioned as standouts in the article. Some very talented players from all over.

It was the best run individual showcase event we have been to... my daughter had a great time, and she enjoyed playing with and against players from all over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well run showcase. LI kids mentioned were standouts for sure, but lots of talent there overall. Families traveled from far distances to attend. I think it many would say it was worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter did the Juniors Open and she has also done the UA150 and hands down….zero question….the UA150 was better so if you have to pick between the two…it’s UA150 all the way! I would not waste another penny on the Juniors Open and would strongly encourage others to pass on that money grab. Less than 5 coaches….I saw dozens of black coaches binders on the ground in the parking lot last year because no coaches came…they call it a “3 day event” but the first day is just a 90 minute practice with your team that half the team was smart enough not to spend the additional $250 for the hotel for the first night so they showed up the next day for the games. You can get a team practice on LI with your travel team and not have to pay for a hotel! LILJ is clearly responding to these posts on BOTC and misleading people that this will be a sought after event….don’t waste your $900! PLUS 2 or 3 hotel nights for this poorly run event! I wish I could get those 3
summer days…2 hotel nights…8 hours of driving and $800 back from last years event. Did anyone feel differently?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter did the Juniors Open and she has also done the UA150 and hands down….zero question….the UA150 was better so if you have to pick between the two…it’s UA150 all the way! I would not waste another penny on the Juniors Open and would strongly encourage others to pass on that money grab. Less than 5 coaches….I saw dozens of black coaches binders on the ground in the parking lot last year because no coaches came…they call it a “3 day event” but the first day is just a 90 minute practice with your team that half the team was smart enough not to spend the additional $250 for the hotel for the first night so they showed up the next day for the games. You can get a team practice on LI with your travel team and not have to pay for a hotel! LILJ is clearly responding to these posts on BOTC and misleading people that this will be a sought after event….don’t waste your $900! PLUS 2 or 3 hotel nights for this poorly run event! I wish I could get those 3
summer days…2 hotel nights…8 hours of driving and $800 back from last years event. Did anyone feel differently?

Well this year you can’t do both. It’s in the same day. My daughter did UA150 last year and loved it. Will be doing that again. Assuming she makes it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well this year you can’t do both. It’s in the same day. My daughter did UA150 last year and loved it. Will be doing that again. Assuming she makes it.

My daughter also did both events last year. I agree that UA150 was a well run event and many coaches but the top schools went to HS Nationals which was the same days. They're listed on the websites so easy to see. I do think that JO will have top coaches attend this year with the date change and they are named specifically as coming to the extra event on first morning. I totally agree that JO is not worth the $ but nothing really is. My daughter preferred it so we're going back to JO since it's not a financial stress for us. They have publicized some attending players and out of the ten 2025 All-Stars last year at UA150, at least 5 or 6 are committed to JO this year so the level will be high. It means more girls will be able to attend 150 with the talent diluted. I see this similar to what happened to UA when American Select came around. There's something for everyone. Top players do need to do any of this. It's fun and extra if you can afford.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter liked Jr. Open over UA 150.

IL ID was top talent level all around. Obviously no coaches there, but that wasn't the point. I'm sure there were a few top girls not there, but the ones that were there were all Legit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter liked Jr. Open over UA 150.

IL ID was top talent level all around. Obviously no coaches there, but that wasn't the point. I'm sure there were a few top girls not there, but the ones that were there were all Legit.

See that’s where you lose me. There were four girls from my daughters team that are lucky they end up d2. A lot of good top talent there, but it was still fake recommendations from certain clubs that don’t have top players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Janelli had enough of the fool parents and Lomo had enough of LI and moved. No firings (of those two anyway, we'll see what this year brings).

I dont thinks thats true. Are the parents that bad? i have been on the side lines against Janelli parenets and those ppl are fun. not sure about lomo.

they otta bring him back they looked bad sunday

lot of galvin kids on team now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter got invited to IL event but we passed.
Alot of $$ and travel costs for 3 games to be evaluated.
No coaches was the deal breaker. Was told from people that went the year before it was no worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Janelli had enough of the fool parents and Lomo had enough of LI and moved. No firings (of those two anyway, we'll see what this year brings).

I dont thinks thats true. Are the parents that bad? i have been on the side lines against Janelli parenets and those ppl are fun. not sure about lomo.

Who did they play on Sunday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was only a year and a couple months ago that team was giving coach blue a run for his money...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TRUTH!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was only a year and a couple of months ago that team was giving coach blue a run for his money...

the jabronies have become iRellavant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
were there lots of coaches in tx? did they stay for whole games or just watch the beginning and leave? did they watch just the top teams or did the second and third teams get looks too?

was it worth it overall?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
were there lots of coaches in tx? did they stay for whole games or just watch the beginning and leave? did they watch just the top teams or did the second and third teams get looks too?

was it worth it overall?

Depends. If you played in the top brackets yes. Usually 15-20 a half at the top few brackets. A couple at the lower ones. Worth it, maybe. But I still would like to have the 2K I spent on this trip and have used it for prospect days instead. I think you get more out of the college clinics than the showcases. Just my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

was it worth it overall?

Some coaches stayed for the whole game. Most stayed a half and then moved on. There were a few that left after five mins. Have a few friends on lower tiered teams and they weren't happy with the amount of coaches attending their games. Said it was about two or three a game where at other tournaments there was about 8-10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

was it worth it overall?

Some coaches stayed for the whole game. Most stayed a half and then moved on. There were a few that left after five mins. Have a few friends on lower tiered teams and they weren't happy with the amount of coaches attending their games. Said it was about two or three a game where at other tournaments there was about 8-10.

Too many teams and too many games in Texas to get real looks from a lot of coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How will coaches recruit Spallina’s team ? I’m sure he will push hard for the top ones but what coaches will express interest in the ones he doesn’t take ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How will coaches recruit Spallina’s team ? I’m sure he will push hard for the top ones but what coaches will express interest in the ones he doesn’t take ?

Is this a serious question?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did you see the all the coaches watching the first half of all their games ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes! Will others try and fight for kids think JS has the inside track and good chance they would lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes! Will others try and fight for kids think JS has the inside track and good chance they would lose.

Look at the other clubs he coached. The top kids including his daughter will go to the big programs. Some will produce, others will not. The bottom half of the roster will scratch for mid tier programs. Some will be overachievers and some not History repeats itself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the other clubs he coached. The top kids including his daughter will go to the big programs. Some will produce, others will not. The bottom half of the roster will scratch for mid tier programs. Some will be overachievers and some not History repeats itself

Isn’t he a top program? Will his daughter and her top 25s friends go to him? It will be Interesting to see!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our experience was Texas was very productive. My daughter got a lot of hits on her Sports Recruits profile, and coaches were reaching out to our club director. It was worth the trip and the expense. I only wish it had been warmer 🥶

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pirecca may be a good college coach but she is the worst club coach we have ever had: doesn’t show up, curses at the kids, makes kids cry, tells them they are losers and she is wasting her time on them. Honestly embarrassing that jesters allows this.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Omitted words as it goes against our community forum standards.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our experience was Texas was very productive. My daughter got a lot of hits on her Sports Recruits profile, and coaches were reaching out to our club director. It was worth the trip and the expense. I only wish it had been warmer 🥶

She is probably on a top team because my daughter’s team is ranked just outside the top 20 last year and there was only two or three at their games. Spoke to other parents in similar ranked teams and they felt the same. One parent from Steps said 30 colleges at every one of their games. So like others have said, I guess it depends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She is probably on a top team because my daughter’s team is ranked just outside the top 20 last year and there was only two or three at their games. Spoke to other parents in similar ranked teams and they felt the same. One parent from Steps said 30 colleges at every one of their games. So like others have said, I guess it depends.

does it matter when your daughter plays in these showcase games? i noticed the sidelines were filled in the first half when top teams played but then the coaches would scatter at halftime to watch other games limiting exposure for girls who tend to play more in the second half

seems like the coaches focus on the starters which probably makes sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

does it matter when your daughter plays in these showcase games? i noticed the sidelines were filled in the first half when top teams played but then the coaches would scatter at halftime to watch other games limiting exposure for girls who tend to play more in the second half

At this point in the process, your Coaches shouldn't have starters and non-starters. At this point it should be a rotation with kids playing as even an amount of time as possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this point in the process, your Coaches shouldn't have starters and non-starters. At this point it should be a rotation with kids playing as even an amount of time as possible.

Every club and coach does it differently. I understand your sentiment, playing time since all these tournaments are "showcases," should be split pretty equally.

But this might not be the best way to do it. Right now, the top colleges are looking at 2025s, while the lower-level colleges are focused on the 2024 class. It might be better to play the starting line more this year and then give the next lines more time next year than the starting line, which is already mostly recruited.

This assumes that the bottom of the roster's parents have a realistic opinion of where their daughter fits in the mix - that is a big assumption and where this "ideal" solution will fall short.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard