BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 120 of 260 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a son on ML 28 and I don't even know if the "guest" players are playing at the PT tournament. So how in God's name do you know? Also, I just checked the rosters and the 2 individuals in question are in fact on the roster which means they paid and are part of the team. It's not a secret.

Re the 4Leaf kid and "his friend"...I have to assume you are the Chad wearing the copious amounts of pastels playing for 4Leaf at Naptown? Um, no. 4Leaf wasn't there. You were playing on another team you paid to be part of for the summer tournaments. Get a life.

Lastly, re the schedule. PT is not a Madlax tourney so how is CM rigging the system? Please tell me how that is possible and what proof do you have showing that?

I love to rip on ML but this guy is correct for the most part.
If these kids are in the roster, how are they guest players? Sounds like they play for ML when they can. Someone said they played with them in Orlando, again this summer, maybe they’ll play with them in the fall. I’m no expert on 6th grade lacrisse, but sounds like these 2 kids are legitimate members of this team.

Do any NL or Hawks kids play for other teams? JM3, Team 18, Nationals LC, etc? Would that make those teams “shady?” Again, no expert, but it sounds like those boys and their parents see some benefit in their boys playing additional lacrosse with an elite level team. Heck, a kid from New Hampshire needs to travel to get decent competition. Either way, if you want to accuse kids of being mercenaries, whatever. But tough to say that a program is shady for having 2 out of town kids ON THE PERMANENT ROSTER.
By the way— BBL Black is NOT the team that was at Naptown. That was “BBL National.” Kids from sister program… good for them. Pull in some great players to make them better. Love that.

I am confused , who is on first and what team is he on?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax rigging schedules for easy draws even in CT.

Hope the ringers show up for their sake.
So Madlax runs the PrimeTime event?

Who has the easiest schedule at PrimeTime?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son on ML 28 and I don't even know if the "guest" players are playing at the PT tournament. So how in God's name do you know? Also, I just checked the rosters and the 2 individuals in question are in fact on the roster which means they paid and are part of the team. It's not a secret.

Re the 4Leaf kid and "his friend"...I have to assume you are the Chad wearing the copious amounts of pastels playing for 4Leaf at Naptown? Um, no. 4Leaf wasn't there. You were playing on another team you paid to be part of for the summer tournaments. Get a life.

Lastly, re the schedule. PT is not a Madlax tourney so how is CM rigging the system? Please tell me how that is possible and what proof do you have showing that?

If these kids are in the roster, how are they guest players? Sounds like they play for ML when they can. Someone said they played with them in Orlando, again this summer, maybe they’ll play with them in the fall. I’m no expert on 6th grade lacrisse, but sounds like these 2 kids are legitimate members of this team.

Do any NL or Hawks kids play for other teams? JM3, Team 18, Nationals LC, etc? Would that make those teams “shady?” Again, no expert, but it sounds like those boys and their parents see some benefit in their boys playing additional lacrosse with an elite level team. Heck, a kid from New Hampshire needs to travel to get decent competition. Either way, if you want to accuse kids of being mercenaries, whatever. But tough to say that a program is shady for having 2 out of town kids ON THE PERMANENT ROSTER.
By the way— BBL Black is NOT the team that was at Naptown. That was “BBL National.” Kids from sister program… good for them. Pull in some great players to make them better. Love that.

Just because they’re added to an app i.e. roster doesn’t mean they paid, coach or directors in charge of app simply adds them and bam you think it’s legit. Exactly why they added them lol. But even if they did pay they are still out of towners they’re not practicing with you they are strictly pulled in to help win so your team is not legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because they’re added to an app i.e. roster doesn’t mean they paid, coach or directors in charge of app simply adds them and bam you think it’s legit. Exactly why they added them lol. But even if they did pay they are still out of towners they’re not practicing with you they are strictly pulled in to help win so your team is not legit.

Sir, have you been around the sport of lacrosse before? Your son is only on -any- club roster for one of two reasons, "strictly to help them win" or "strictly to give the club more money." Everybody on the outside of the lax world knows that drop-in players are a bad look. But notice that very few parents or players from Team 91, Crabs, ML, or others (and really, most AAA+ clubs at the HS level) are complaining about the issue, even though it means their own kids get less PT (sometimes significantly less). That's because the club gets more wins as a result, which they can brag about at the next Peter Millar beach wear photo shoot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean Madlax lost without their guest (I mean full-time players unless those kids real teams are playing in the same tournament) players? Shocking... So again, was NAL Madlax Capital or National???? ML got exposed without their "guests".

Point proven yet again...be angry all you want ML parents but you sham program continues to be exposed for being shady.

One player.
One more than anyone else

4leaf kid and tx nationals defender are two the I SAW play at NAL. Not sure what you mean about "one player"....those were the "guests" that we know of. Again, SHADY organization. My son is friends with 4 leaf kid and even he said he is just a guest for certain tournaments. Your tx nationals d pole just played for Tx nationals in a tourney ML and TX nat were both in...I think it's clear what "team" he plays for. It's fine, bring your guests but don't try to act like it's not shady. To top it off your coach organizes cupcake schedules for you in NAL and PT event in CT this weekend. Every other coach knows he and the PT guy work together on schedules for NAL and this PT event. i

JeffG, move along… it’s getting old. Watch the cow pies in Hershey.

JeffG here (responding to you again). Still happy to discuss face to face anytime, but I’ve told you before I don’t take anonymous cheap shots. The accusation is silly; I wasn’t even at NAL.

But since you seem to care about my views, I’ll offer some.

ML has a lot of great players and parents. So do the other programs in the division. I wish them all well. We’re lucky to give our kids the chance to play in such a lacrosse hot bed.

On guests, who cares? Iron sharpens iron. Play any team, anywhere, any time.

They are rising 7th graders. Have some perspective. Play. Have fun. Get better.

If you’d like my top 20 rankings, I can give you those too. But I can’t top Bored MD Dad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple of the top Hawks players play with JM3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean Madlax lost without their guest (I mean full-time players unless those kids real teams are playing in the same tournament) players? Shocking... So again, was NAL Madlax Capital or National???? ML got exposed without their "guests".

Point proven yet again...be angry all you want ML parents but you sham program continues to be exposed for being shady.

One player.

4leaf kid and tx nationals defender are two the I SAW play at NAL. Not sure what you mean about "one player"....those were the "guests" that we know of. Again, SHADY organization. My son is friends with 4 leaf kid and even he said he is just a guest for certain tournaments. Your tx nationals d pole just played for Tx nationals in a tourney ML and TX nat were both in...I think it's clear what "team" he plays for. It's fine, bring your guests but don't try to act like it's not shady. To top it off your coach organizes cupcake schedules for you in NAL and PT event in CT this weekend. Every other coach knows he and the PT guy work together on schedules for NAL and this PT event. i

Let's review the charges and the evidence against MadLax, one step at a time.

Permanent roster players from out state? Guilty as charged.
Additional out of state ringers for big tournaments? Guilty again.
Program that brings lots of teams to events gets to negotiate easy pool games? You bet!
Owner is an admitted Buthead who screams at kids and refs? Guilty.

The verdict? Who cares!!! Welcome to competitive travel lacrosse. It is part of the game, and if you let it bother you, elite level teams and tournaments are not for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are Hawks (Green and Black), FCA (Blue and White), and NL (upper team) players on Team 18. And I believe players from all 3 of those clubs on Nationals, but not sure.

No Crabs (not allowed to play for others), no ML that I have seen at 2028 "mercenary teams."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One player.

Let's review the charges and the evidence against MadLax, one step at a time.

Permanent roster players from out state? Guilty as charged.
Additional out of state ringers for big tournaments? Guilty again.
Program that brings lots of teams to events gets to negotiate easy pool games? You bet!
Owner is an admitted Buthead who screams at kids and refs? Guilty.

The verdict? Who cares!!! Welcome to competitive travel lacrosse. It is part of the game, and if you let it bother you, elite level teams and tournaments are not for you.

It's a business!!!! There are no rules. How many organizations are non-profit? Certainly not Madlax, NL, etc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am confused , who is on first and what team is he on?
Who’s on First, What’s on Second. That’s his name.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are Hawks (Green and Black), FCA (Blue and White), and NL (upper team) players on Team 18. And I believe players from all 3 of those clubs on Nationals, but not sure.

No Crabs (not allowed to play for others), no ML that I have seen at 2028 "mercenary teams."

Who cares if kids play for other teams? Guess what— it might actually make them better!! Hard to imagine why they’d want to do that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We’ll, 3D NE has the identical schedule as Madlax. But somehow it’s prob tougher, eh?
BBL has one good game against X North, who is way off their fall 2021 level of play, and Sweetlax FL/Igloo. Not exactly the gauntlet.
Ex North prob has the toughest road with games against Hawks and BBL. Hawks best team in the country

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Incorrect.

Which part, O Master of all that is factual in youth lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares if kids play for other teams? Guess what— it might actually make them better!! Hard to imagine why they’d want to do that.

It's much like the criticism of holdbacks. Would the sport be better at the youth level if everybody was playing "for their hometown" and there were no out of town ringers or holdbacks? Well of course! Probably. Maybe. But in the meantime, the sport is what it is, and playing opportunities are what they are. If my son wasn't getting PT at his "home club" (whatever that means anymore) and he was offered a spot to "drop in" at a tournament, why would we NOT do that (in combination with increasing his workout regimen and also finding a new "home club" probably).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no Team Eighteen roster.
It’s whoever pays and decides to show up. The epitome of pay to play.

Like nationals, It’s a reasonable option for kids from non hotbed areas to attend and play in bigger tournaments that their local club wouldn’t normally attend.

They play tomorrow in NXT. Hope they do well. Kyle Harrison is a great guy and kids love him.

The social media however is FLAWLESS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no Team Eighteen roster.
It’s whoever pays and decides to show up. The epitome of pay to play.

Like nationals, It’s a reasonable option for kids from non hotbed areas to attend and play in bigger tournaments that their local club wouldn’t normally attend.

They play tomorrow in NXT. Hope they do well. Kyle Harrison is a great guy and kids love him.

The social media however is FLAWLESS.

It is definitely pay to play. Don't pay = not on the tournament roster.

But the master roster (who is invited to play these events) is based on evals, and it exists.

For the CSE event the boys played in last month in CT, you can see the roster posted, ahead of time, on social media. Kids on the master roster who tried to sign up too late, were excluded from playing at the tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have crabs announced a new coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone venture to suppose who would have the best on age teams in MD?

Take the normal HoCo rosters and have the pre Sept 1 kids go eat pizza, which team would have enough players and talent left to win?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take the normal HoCo rosters and have the pre Sept 1 kids go eat pizza, which team would have enough players and talent left to win?

It’s really impossible to say unless you had access to everyone’s birthdays. There are fewer holdbacks at this point than people suppose and most of those are summer birthdays. Though there are obviously some outliers like the Madlax player that has been discussed over and over. holdbacks come more into play during 8th grade so we are still a year away from that. It would probably be roughly the same teams if you excluded any holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is singularly the best idea that anyone on this board has ever proposed. But, just to make it fun, why not look at Dec 1 as the cutoff? Really separate out the advantages of your parents timing your birth from the abilities of true athletes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone venture to suppose that this guys kid is a 3rd line middie on a AA team with absolutely zero lacrosse prospects

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone venture to suppose that this guys kid is a 3rd line middie on a AA team with absolutely zero lacrosse prospects
Haaaa… prob true. What a dense hypothetical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
holdback dads are so predictable. And adorable!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is singularly the best idea that anyone on this board has ever proposed. But, just to make it fun, why not look at Dec 1 as the cutoff? Really separate out the advantages of your parents timing your birth from the abilities of true athletes?

Ask US Lacrosse? It’s their date hammerhead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ask US Lacrosse? It’s their date hammerhead.
Yet it is meaningless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
holdback parents fell right into the trap

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
holdback parents fell right into the trap
What a devious Mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks out early at Primetime. That's a long ride home for those kids w/ those type of parents. Sheeeez

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks out early at Primetime. That's a long ride home for those kids w/ those type of parents. Sheeeez

Easy there Big Girl. Sorry your son wasnt up to the Hawks standard

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL is from Jersey? Where is max dog from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We’ll, 3D NE has the identical schedule as Madlax. But somehow it’s prob tougher, eh?
BBL has one good game against X North, who is way off their fall 2021 level of play, and Sweetlax FL/Igloo. Not exactly the gauntlet.
Ex North prob has the toughest road with games against Hawks and BBL. Hawks best team in the country

How bout them hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is akasawnane or whatever thunder?

They haven’t played a game since may? Do they still have a team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A-Thunder scrimmaged ML in the early spring. Decent team, but not outstanding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USCL has a 6 game minimum to qualify for the rankings. That min should increase throughout the year so teams like A Thunder and JM3 that haven’t played a game in months would drop out of the rankings. If they dont play together in the summer, I question if they are a real team or just an allstar team that got together for a tourney or two in the offseason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
USCL has a 6 game minimum to qualify for the rankings. That min should increase throughout the year so teams like A Thunder and JM3 that haven’t played a game in months would drop out of the rankings. If they dont play together in the summer, I question if they are a real team or just an allstar team that got together for a tourney or two in the offseason.

No national teams should be ranked. Their rosters are revolving doors. End of story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL had guest players in Hershey so stop with all this. You bring guest players to Hershey?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL had guest players in Hershey so stop with all this. You bring guest players to Hershey?

Who cares.

NL lost, Hawks Lost, ML lost, Crabs Lost, true Annapolis lost, BLC lost, FCA didn’t play but if they did they would have lost too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No national teams should be ranked. Their rosters are revolving doors. End of story.

Counterpoint: The rankings aren't used for anything so are effectively meaningless, so who cares?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This stuff is comical. NL was missing 4 starters in Hershey so other kids, on their HoCo roster, had the chance to play.

Like Reply Quote
Page 120 of 260 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard