BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 73 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Personally I thought the fields were terrible. Kids were sliding all over the place. Maybe they dried out towards the end of the morning when they cancelled the games but kids were slipping everywhere at the Fields they were at. Do I feel about it for the girls getting a game cut? Of course I do but honestly there was a good risk of an injury happening.

Please stop. Same garbage every year. If you’re worried about injuries, tournament directors should open their wallet and get a different venue like Delaware turf fields. Oh yeah, that’s right, the only thing they care about is padding their pockets. Lazy and greedy sums it up!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters 24 pink seems to be doing much better this year! Wonder what the change was but was happy to see Long Island being represented well!

Third coach added, new to program, and a handful of new kids. Many kids left after an incident last year when the c and b team merged, but it seems like the club was able to replace the kids that left and add in a coach to shake things up.

Jesters pink/pride lost all 18 games they played in 2020-2021 season. Anything has to be an improvement from that.

Agreed they were awful. I think it’s the same dad head coach though. He was coaching this weekend.
Jesters 24 pink seems to be doing much better this year! Wonder what the change was but was happy to see Long Island being represented well!

Third coach added, new to program, and a handful of new kids. Many kids left after an incident last year when the c and b team merged, but it seems like the club was able to replace the kids that left and add in a coach to shake things up.

Jesters pink/pride lost all 18 games they played in 2020-2021 season. Anything has to be an improvement from that.

Agreed they were awful. I think it’s the same dad head coach though. He was coaching this weekend.

Last year black and pink had the same coaches they have now but jesters added a female coach to the staff of both teams. Not sure if the dad head coach is still there or still a problem how he was last year. kids and their parents on our team who played for him last year said he was only about his kid and benched good players kall summer. Id assume that that the new coach was brought in to stop some of the parent coach complaints but these are sophomores there is no way that you can completely fix toxic parent coaching unless the coach is removed.

last year pride b team lost all games. Didn’t win a single one, but is doing better this year? Skies the limit when you go from losing 18/18 games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough weekend for liberty going 0-3

And top guns in a very bad bracket ? Why go to a tournament to play teams you’re going to beat by ten?

So top guns needed a higher bracket and liberty a lower one? I’d argue Kildare needed a lower one as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How frustrating is that?!???
You pay all this money to play travel lacrosse and you have to be coached by a dad head coach.
Then you travel to Md and the game gets cancelled so that they can preserve the fields??!?
Driving all over creation and dropping serious $$$ for our kids in a recruiting year and people making $$$ on us not doing the right thing.
These people are making serious profit on all of us so this doesn’t land well.
Sorry Gordon Gekko,,,
GREED IS NOT GOOD!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You pay all this money to play travel lacrosse and you have to be coached by a dad head coach.
Then you travel to Md and the game gets cancelled so that they can preserve the fields??!?
Driving all over creation and dropping serious $$$ for our kids in a recruiting year and people making $$$ on us not doing the right thing.
Sorry Gordon Gekko,,,
GREED IS NOT GOOD!!!

The calvert fields were trashed but the cedar were not

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Personally I thought the fields were terrible. Kids were sliding all over the place. Maybe they dried out towards the end of the morning when they cancelled the games but kids were slipping everywhere at the Fields they were at. Do I feel about it for the girls getting a game cut? Of course I do but honestly there was a good risk of an injury happening.

Please stop. Same garbage every year. If you’re worried about injuries, tournament directors should open their wallet and get a different venue like Delaware turf fields. Oh yeah, that’s right, the only thing they care about is padding their pockets. Lazy and greedy sums it up!

If directors are going to run a tournament of this size , they need to step up and get the turf facilities!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Good thing your not the tourney director because it sounds like you may think they should have canceled the whole tournament because the fields were worse on Saturday than Sunday. Maybe we were at different locations but kids play and slip on wet muddy fields all the time, its part of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG will play the hardest schedule of any NY team this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG will play the hardest schedule of any NY team this weekend.

Doubt that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Gordon Gekko,,,
GREED IS NOT GOOD!!!

The calvert fields were trashed but the cedar were not

With the exception of field 1, 2, and 2B, Calvert fields would have been more than playable in the afternoon.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard new WM coach already taking a job with YJ, can anyone confirm?

And the filtering of kids into YJ begins I guess WM being a legacy group is not long for the world

That’s an interesting business tactic, and brilliant. Hire the HS coaches from the top HS teams and you will pull the girls from that town to the club.

I always feel there is conflict of interest with HS coaches coaching the club teams. I think they will obviously favor their HS players as they have a relationship? I think their should be no parents coaching their own kids and no HS coaches with kids on the team!

Good point. Most states do not allow a high school coach to coach their players in club -- if you did in CT or NJ, players would lose eligibility. NY is one of the few that do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Live Love Lax canceling games because “they don’t want to mess up the fields”. I think this is terrible planning. Families spend tremendous money and time to attend these important recruiting events. So many girls have missed opportunities. A shame!

stinks that games were cancelled when they didn't have to be. However, the role of summer tourneys for 24s is vastly overrated.

If you played for YJ, TG or another top club and aren't on D1 coaches radar already, news flash-- you won't. Coaches are just going to see girls who they are already tracking. It is very rare for a kid to get on a coach's radar at this point.

For example at LLL last weekend, our (YJ Weiner) most attended game by coaches was our 2nd one --a blowout win over an Ohio team. Apparently, lots of those coaches were there to see the Ohio goalie. (who i admit was outstanding).

The other coaches were there to see girls on our team who they had already seen multiple times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Live Love Lax canceling games because “they don’t want to mess up the fields”. I think this is terrible planning. Families spend tremendous money and time to attend these important recruiting events. So many girls have missed opportunities. A shame!

stinks that games were cancelled when they didn't have to be. However, the role of summer tourneys for 24s is vastly overrated.

If you played for YJ, TG or another top club and aren't on D1 coaches radar already, news flash-- you won't. Coaches are just going to see girls who they are already tracking. It is very rare for a kid to get on a coach's radar at this point.

For example at LLL last weekend, our (YJ Weiner) most attended game by coaches was our 2nd one --a blowout win over an Ohio team. Apparently, lots of those coaches were there to see the Ohio goalie. (who i admit was outstanding).

The other coaches were there to see girls on our team who they had already seen multiple times.

You are delusional and might be blindsided on Sept. 1. Doesn’t seem like you know much about the recruiting process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard new WM coach already taking a job with YJ, can anyone confirm?

And the filtering of kids into YJ begins I guess WM being a legacy group is not long for the world

That’s an interesting business tactic, and brilliant. Hire the HS coaches from the top HS teams and you will pull the girls from that town to the club.

I always feel there is conflict of interest with HS coaches coaching the club teams. I think they will obviously favor their HS players as they have a relationship? I think their should be no parents coaching their own kids and no HS coaches with kids on the team!

Good point. Most states do not allow a high school coach to coach their players in club -- if you did in CT or NJ, players would lose eligibility. NY is one of the few that do.

Doesn’t the Darien coach also coach her players with the Grizzlies ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Heard new WM coach already taking a job with YJ, can anyone confirm?

You are living in fantasy land. Who coaches then if no parents or high school coaches. A young coach that wants less than $10 an hour to work with crazy parents?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are delusional and might be blindsided on Sept. 1. Doesn’t seem like you know much about the recruiting process.

We already know who is recruiting our daughter and they came to watch her. Her offre will depend much more on prospect days than these tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Partially agree.

For top girls who are under armor or UA150 and already on top schools radar, summer club play is of minimal importance. But for backups or girls who aren’t clear stars, these games are important.

Remember the recruiting lists for non top 20 teams are much more fluid than the big schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not the delusional one homeslice. If you had been through the process before, you would know that they are few suprises on September 1st. Coaches are talking to club directors/recruiting coordinators constantly about the girls they are interested in.

At you have a 24 and don't know who is recruiting her at this point in the cycle, NEWS FLASH-- no one is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Heard new WM coach already taking a job with YJ, can anyone confirm?

You are living in fantasy land. Who coaches then if no parents or high school coaches. A young coach that wants less than $10 an hour to work with crazy parents?

There are a few coaches who will do it because they love the sport. Those are typically the coaches that put the most work in and are the most fair. If you have a non-parent coach, treat them right because they really are making below minimum wage as stated by the previous poster to deal with more than many sane people would.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent who has gone through the recruiting process I have to comment because I think this poster is adding stress to an already stressful situation by their comment. Agree, girls should have gotten feedback from club/coaches and directors on interest after fall tournies and winter camps BUT to say no one is recruiting you if you have not heard is ridiculous. If you think coaches have set lists after the fall and one summer tournament and that no one can get on them is crazy. My daughter going through the process now was at UA 150 and AS last year. There were coaches at UA 150 but they seemed more focused on 23's. Coaches were 100% focused on 23's at AS so I'm not sure why you feel the fall was the end all be all for getting on a coaches radar. Yes many coaches have girls on their radar and there are always those that have greater interest initially, but this summer is still an opportunity for girls. My older daughter had some nice surprises on September 1st, so don't rule that out, but don't count on it either but it happens. Honestly the best thing you can do is not talk to other parents about your daughters process, because you will drive yourself crazy. Just enjoy the games and support your daughter. Good luck to everyone summer and fall!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent who has gone through the recruiting process I have to comment because I think this poster is adding stress to an already stressful situation by their comment. Agree, girls should have gotten feedback from club/coaches and directors on interest after fall tournies and winter camps BUT to say no one is recruiting you if you have not heard is ridiculous. If you think coaches have set lists after the fall and one summer tournament and that no one can get on them is crazy. My daughter going through the process now was at UA 150 and AS last year. There were coaches at UA 150 but they seemed more focused on 23's. Coaches were 100% focused on 23's at AS so I'm not sure why you feel the fall was the end all be all for getting on a coaches radar. Yes many coaches have girls on their radar and there are always those that have greater interest initially, but this summer is still an opportunity for girls. My older daughter had some nice surprises on September 1st, so don't rule that out, but don't count on it either but it happens. Honestly the best thing you can do is not talk to other parents about your daughters process, because you will drive yourself crazy. Just enjoy the games and support your daughter. Good luck to everyone summer and fall!

Finally an informative post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your daughter has been looking into top programs or high academic schools those schools would have been reaching out to club directors and coaches after the fall. It would be very surprising if those top academic and athletic schools reached out to kids they haven’t seen before this summer. College coaches will also tell coaches and directors if they don’t see a kid as a good fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the difference between 203/2024 command and 23/24 spotlight for Ua?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the difference between 203/2024 command and 23/24 spotlight for Ua?

Command is 2025/2026
Highlight is 2023/2024

Spotlight is 2024 only

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we all agree that girls should have gotten feedback of some sort after the fall, but to say there is no opportunity to be seen by those programs this summer and get put on their list is what the argument is about. There is a reason AS sidelines were filled with coaches for the 23's last year. They were still looking and evaluating at the end of July. Keep in mind, girls also fall off those list in the summer, so "interest" only goes so far. 9/1 is when you really know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your daughter has been looking into top programs or high academic schools those schools would have been reaching out to club directors and coaches after the fall. It would be very surprising if those top academic and athletic schools reached out to kids they haven’t seen before this summer. College coaches will also tell coaches and directors if they don’t see a kid as a good fit.

You sound silly. Many girls don’t even play in the fall. Now is the prime time for list making! And it will continue throughout July

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole reason for the Sept 1 rule is so coaches can feel better about making offers with more information. It used to be winter of freshman year or earlier the commitments would start, before a girl played any high school lacrosse. There have been discussions between clubs and coaches, but please stop with the coaches lists are complete. The top coaches want to snap up the top players as soon as they can, but nothing is written in stone regarding recruiting!! The sidelines are full of coaches at the 2024's games all summer as correctly stated in a previous post. There have been discussion and lists made, but coaches trust their eyes and any girl can show up this summer and show coaches where they rank today, good luck to all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we all agree that girls should have gotten feedback of some sort after the fall, but to say there is no opportunity to be seen by those programs this summer and get put on their list is what the argument is about. There is a reason AS sidelines were filled with coaches for the 23's last year. They were still looking and evaluating at the end of July. Keep in mind, girls also fall off those list in the summer, so "interest" only goes so far. 9/1 is when you really know.

I made the original post and i should have clarified a bit. I was referred to top 25 schools and Ivies. Lower tier schools are still adding to their recruiting lists.

The broader point, though, is if you haven't heard from anyone, you are likely targeting your search too high.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again the argument is you seem to be stating girls cannot be added to a schools list. My older daughter plays for a top 25, not top 10. That school did not express interest on her to her club that summer but called on 9/1. On her visit the coach said she caught her eye at Lax 4 Cure, and she watched her again at G8 & Mid Atlantic. I will also add that 2 schools that were interested never reached out on 9/1, so I guess she dropped off those schools lists. It is frustrating but it is the process. It is very easy to get stressed out but our daughters can sense that and they get stressed out, so try to stay positive but also realistic. I do agree with the above poster that if you have not been getting any feedback, your daughter may need to adjust her list

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I made the original post and i should have clarified a bit. I was referred to top 25 schools and Ivies. Lower tier schools are still adding to their recruiting lists.

The broader point, though, is if you haven't heard from anyone, you are likely targeting your search too high.

Why do you lump "Top 25" AND Ivy's together?

Do you really think that Top Lacrosse Programs and Ivy's are done with their lists?

Do you really think that "lower tier" whatever that means are the only programs still making their lists?

It does not appear that you have much knowledge about how the recruiting process works.

Do you realize that a very small number of players from Long Island will receive offers from Top Lacrosse Programs or from any of the Ivy's. Maybe 20 - 25 from Top Programs (Princeton & Penn are Top Programs) and maybe 6 - 8 if that many total from the Ivy's.

Very few kids will receive offers early in the process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again the argument is you seem to be stating girls cannot be added to a schools list. My older daughter plays for a top 25, not top 10. That school did not express interest on her to her club that summer but called on 9/1. On her visit the coach said she caught her eye at Lax 4 Cure, and she watched her again at G8 & Mid Atlantic. I will also add that 2 schools that were interested never reached out on 9/1, so I guess she dropped off those schools lists. It is frustrating but it is the process. It is very easy to get stressed out but our daughters can sense that and they get stressed out, so try to stay positive but also realistic. I do agree with the above poster that if you have not been getting any feedback, your daughter may need to adjust her list

Another informative post. That’s two on this forum in one day. That’s gotta be a record.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Experiences vary so much from player to player, but I think this post provides a good idea of what it looks like. My daughter has received communication through our club coaches about various D1 programs watching her. She had her first D2 school reach out to her today and we've had numerous D3's reach out late spring. All of these have seen her play and we are still in the evaluation period.

Unless you're a high level recruit on the offensive side, you probably aren't seeing a ton of activity just yet. However, I wouldn't sweat it, as one of our 23's didn't receive contact until mid October from a decent D1 school, which she eventually committed to.

Zero reason to panic, just tell your daughters to play hard and have fun. It's better to enjoy the ride and don't build up any anxiety--it's not worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Experiences vary so much from player to player, but I think this post provides a good idea of what it looks like. My daughter has received communication through our club coaches about various D1 programs watching her. She had her first D2 school reach out to her today and we've had numerous D3's reach out late spring. All of these have seen her play and we are still in the evaluation period.

Unless you're a high level recruit on the offensive side, you probably aren't seeing a ton of activity just yet. However, I wouldn't sweat it, as one of our 23's didn't receive contact until mid October from a decent D1 school, which she eventually committed to.

Zero reason to panic, just tell your daughters to play hard and have fun. It's better to enjoy the ride and don't build up any anxiety--it's not worth it.

Our daughter also received four calls today and numerous d2 emails. These schools know that we are leaning d1 and have had interest through our club but felt good to have schools reach out none the less!

On another note so many 24s were not taken for the 50 kid call back for under Armour last night. It was interesting to listen to some that didn’t make it sit in the stands and hear their dad complain how they were better than the girls with coaches sitting in the stands next to them. 48 hours until the list should be published! Good luck to all 24s who made call backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our daughter also received four calls today and numerous d2 emails. These schools know that we are leaning d1 and have had interest through our club but felt good to have schools reach out none the less!

On another note so many 24s were not taken for the 50 kid call back for under Armour last night. It was interesting to listen to some that didn’t make it sit in the stands and hear their dad complain how they were better than the girls with coaches sitting in the stands next to them. 48 hours until the list should be published! Good luck to all 24s who made call backs.[/quote]

Good to know. Eavesdropping on your forum to get some info for next year. So even though they know she wants to go d1 they still call.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On another note so many 24s were not taken for the 50 kid call back for under Armour last night. It was interesting to listen to some that didn’t make it sit in the stands and hear their dad complain how they were better than the girls with coaches sitting in the stands next to them. 48 hours until the list should be published! Good luck to all 24s who made call backs.

Good to know. Eavesdropping on your forum to get some info for next year. So even though they know she wants to go d1 they still call.[/quote]

Yes!! Where is the list?? It has been decided since yesterday!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As a parent who has gone through the recruiting process I have to comment because I think this poster is adding stress to an already stressful situation by their comment. Agree, girls should have gotten feedback from club/coaches and directors on interest after fall tournies and winter camps BUT to say no one is recruiting you if you have not heard is ridiculous. If you think coaches have set lists after the fall and one summer tournament and that no one can get on them is crazy. My daughter going through the process now was at UA 150 and AS last year. There were coaches at UA 150 but they seemed more focused on 23's. Coaches were 100% focused on 23's at AS so I'm not sure why you feel the fall was the end all be all for getting on a coaches radar. Yes many coaches have girls on their radar and there are always those that have greater interest initially, but this summer is still an opportunity for girls. My older daughter had some nice surprises on September 1st, so don't rule that out, but don't count on it either but it happens. Honestly the best thing you can do is not talk to other parents about your daughters process, because you will drive yourself crazy. Just enjoy the games and support your daughter. Good luck to everyone summer and fall!

Schools will call if they feel they can win a recruiting battle. They must feel she’s not a top d1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As a parent who has gone through the recruiting process I have to comment because I think this poster is adding stress to an already stressful situation by their comment. Agree, girls should have gotten feedback from club/coaches and directors on interest after fall tournies and winter camps BUT to say no one is recruiting you if you have not heard is ridiculous. If you think coaches have set lists after the fall and one summer tournament and that no one can get on them is crazy. My daughter going through the process now was at UA 150 and AS last year. There were coaches at UA 150 but they seemed more focused on 23's. Coaches were 100% focused on 23's at AS so I'm not sure why you feel the fall was the end all be all for getting on a coaches radar. Yes many coaches have girls on their radar and there are always those that have greater interest initially, but this summer is still an opportunity for girls. My older daughter had some nice surprises on September 1st, so don't rule that out, but don't count on it either but it happens. Honestly the best thing you can do is not talk to other parents about your daughters process, because you will drive yourself crazy. Just enjoy the games and support your daughter. Good luck to everyone summer and fall!

Schools will call if they feel they can win a recruiting battle. They must feel she’s not a top d1.

I don’t think that’s accurate. Schools think girls are interested who aren’t just because they emailed. They could be calling because of those emails they thought meant real interest

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think that’s accurate. Schools think girls are interested who aren’t just because they emailed. They could be calling because of those emails they thought meant real interest

Yeah, I disagree on this one. For players that can do both, getting a call or email from, say, the 2022 D2 National Champion (UIndy) is more about a D2 striking while the iron is hot. Quite a few of the D2s will not initiate much contact until after September 1st, as players figure out which level they can or want to play at. Kids that are strong academically may have interest from all levels. it all comes down to the right fit and timing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Genesis 2022 question. Is Emergence the top tier group playing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, that’s one of the lowest if the lowest at the tournament.

Page 67 of 73 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard