BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 72 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The early NLF is this weekend, any other tourneys this weekend for the NJ Clubs?
Early NLF is a shadow of itself. 4 years ago it was outstanding, this year 4 to 6 teams at each age.

Any tournament that black balls a team (Tmen) out of another team’s fear (LE) of losing to them, is a weak tournament.
NLF will never let another NJ team in, it's part of the NLF bylaws. 2021 Mad Dog tried to enter an NLF event years ago under one of the CA NLF teams that wasn't going and got kicked out.
Middle school lacrosse means something to you but at the end of the day most of the good Tmen will end up playing for LE in High School. They do it to every other team in NJ. That said LE isn't for everyone and you don't need them to play in college.

You know nothing about Tmen obviously. The majority of the top 13-16 players on this team will very likely stay intact thru HS. No way to be sure so let’s revisit in 3 years.
You are 100% correct, I know nothing about the Tmen but I do know that history repeats itself. 2023 Tri-State Shore, they were a top 10 team in middle school. Only 1 boy stayed at Tri-State and the 2023 Tri-State team is good. The boys that made LE moved there and the top two that went to Blue Star are now at LE for their final year of travel. Once again, I'm not saying LE is the answer and this amazing place but don't think that solo cups and parties are going to keep the team together.

You are making more assumptions which is funny since you already admitted you know nothing about the team. Great coaches (current D1 and HS varsity coaches), like minded parents, honoring multi sport athletes’ schedules, a well connected recruiting director, and lots and lots of talent. And all that at cost which is about 1/3 of what other teams charge. It’s also a bonus that they win games including Sweetlax upstate and LIE Coach C, and took Tigers and Hawks to OT last summer. This weekend will be the first test of their year so we shall see if they can keep up with the big dogs. But wins at this age are less important than exposure at top events and invites to showcases, both of which these players are getting. LE can go poach from other teams because you would be silly to leave this setup assuming you are getting ample playing time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing in the NLF is just not important anymore.

👆

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆

They have most of the best HS clubs in the biz.

The same people saying the NLF is not important, are the same people complaining they are being black balled from an NLF event.

It is not the end all be all, but it definitely holds weight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are 100% correct, I know nothing about the Tmen but I do know that history repeats itself. 2023 Tri-State Shore, they were a top 10 team in middle school. Only 1 boy stayed at Tri-State and the 2023 Tri-State team is good. The boys that made LE moved there and the top two that went to Blue Star are now at LE for their final year of travel. Once again, I'm not saying LE is the answer and this amazing place but don't think that solo cups and parties are going to keep the team together.[/quote]

Can't wait until LE promotes as its own the kid that got the D1 commit at Blue Star...and I feel bad for the uncommitted LE 2023 kids that are going to lose playing time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are 100% correct, I know nothing about the Tmen but I do know that history repeats itself. 2023 Tri-State Shore, they were a top 10 team in middle school. Only 1 boy stayed at Tri-State and the 2023 Tri-State team is good. The boys that made LE moved there and the top two that went to Blue Star are now at LE for their final year of travel. Once again, I'm not saying LE is the answer and this amazing place but don't think that solo cups and parties are going to keep the team together.

Can't wait until LE promotes as its own the kid that got the D1 commit at Blue Star...and I feel bad for the uncommitted LE 2023 kids that are going to lose playing time[/quote]

Everyone should just stay with their current club. No one club does anything that much different or better. You can get recruited on ANY TEAM!!!! Every team in NJ has D1 recruits. Stay home there is no reason to switch teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't wait until LE promotes as its own the kid that got the D1 commit at Blue Star...and I feel bad for the uncommitted LE 2023 kids that are going to lose playing time

Everyone should just stay with their current club. No one club does anything that much different or better. You can get recruited on ANY TEAM!!!! Every team in NJ has D1 recruits. Stay home there is no reason to switch teams.[/quote]

Agreed, but its pretty tempting when a club offers you a free ride for the season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did BBL Shore already die?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did BBL Shore already die?

I saw on their Instagram they won some tourney this past weekend. Idk how good they are numbers wise though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆

The same people saying the NLF is not important, are the same people complaining they are being black balled from an NLF event.

All the big colleges at NLF this weekend scouting. If you were there you know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆

Nobody said it doesn’t attract college coaches. It used to be a big deal and now it is just another tournament. Less and less teams are going. Just check the brackets and compare to past years.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't wait until LE promotes as its own the kid that got the D1 commit at Blue Star...and I feel bad for the uncommitted LE 2023 kids that are going to lose playing time[/quote]

You don’t need to feel bad. The kid plays D and that entire D is already committed. The Denver, Notre Dame, Bucknell, Monmouth, Villanova, and Brown poles are probably welcoming him with open arms. That defense has to be one of the best in club and it just got better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don’t need to feel bad. The kid plays D and that entire D is already committed. The Denver, Notre Dame, Bucknell, Monmouth, Villanova, and Brown poles are probably welcoming him with open arms. That defense has to be one of the best in club and it just got better.[/quote]

Read a little more carefully, its about the uncommitted kids, not the committed kids...and the other players that went to LE are not committed, so adding to the uncommitted pool of players on LE. As for the D, you just proved my point, LE did not need him, so this was all about promoting another commit and sticking it to another club without having done a thing to develop the kid. That being said, not all LE's fault, these players have parents who contributed to the decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don’t need to feel bad. The kid plays D and that entire D is already committed. The Denver, Notre Dame, Bucknell, Monmouth, Villanova, and Brown poles are probably welcoming him with open arms. That defense has to be one of the best in club and it just got better.

Read a little more carefully, its about the uncommitted kids, not the committed kids...and the other players that went to LE are not committed, so adding to the uncommitted pool of players on LE. As for the D, you just proved my point, LE did not need him, so this was all about promoting another commit and sticking it to another club without having done a thing to develop the kid. That being said, not all LE's fault, these players have parents who contributed to the decision.[/quote]

Maybe the players want to play with their friends and high school teammates and based on the 2024 & 2025 that played in the championship game at NLF adding two kids is a smart move by LE.
There are maybe 3 to 4 kids uncommitted players on that team, all are high academic kids that are most likely waiting for their JR year to end so they can commit to the high academic D3 schools. NESCAC over a lower academic D1 school is a smart move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read a little more carefully, its about the uncommitted kids, not the committed kids...and the other players that went to LE are not committed, so adding to the uncommitted pool of players on LE. As for the D, you just proved my point, LE did not need him, so this was all about promoting another commit and sticking it to another club without having done a thing to develop the kid. That being said, not all LE's fault, these players have parents who contributed to the decision.

Maybe the players want to play with their friends and high school teammates and based on the 2024 & 2025 that played in the championship game at NLF adding two kids is a smart move by LE.
There are maybe 3 to 4 kids uncommitted players on that team, all are high academic kids that are most likely waiting for their JR year to end so they can commit to the high academic D3 schools. NESCAC over a lower academic D1 school is a smart move.[/quote]

I have to agree. Although it may be more than 3-4 I am not sure.

Maybe he wants to play with friends or on a better team against better competition.

I think we all know that BS does not play in the level of Tournaments as that of both BBL and LE.

To someone else’s point above, they are adding a top Defensive player to an already talented group.This doesn’t sound like a bad idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆

Nobody said it doesn’t attract college coaches. It used to be a big deal and now it is just another tournament. Less and less teams are going. Just check the brackets and compare to past years.

Keep telling yourself that. All the best teams were there and being seen and will be recruited. It is better the bad teams are not there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆

You are essentially implying that in order for a tournament to be “a big deal” there must be a ton of teams in it ? I think that is simply not true.

Sometimes the smaller tournaments with high quality teams are the best of the best.

Looking at some history here:

Champ Camp used to be a great tournament when it was smaller. It got too large and now doesn’t even exist.

World Series of youth lax was a smaller tournament and a great one. It got large and now doesn’t even exist. (I don’t think?)

Under armour (although it’s an individual tournament) was very strong when it was smaller, and now it is watered down a bit.

Naptown (when smaller and more exclusive, it was a great tournament) now it is watered down.

All of the above shows why sometimes a smaller, more “boutique/exclusive” style tournament , can still be a really good one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

👆

Keep telling yourself that. All the best teams were there and being seen and will be recruited. It is better the bad teams are not there.
The boys want to win Naptown, NLF National Championship and NAL. Probably in that order but NLF is def still holds clout if you can win it. NLF Summer kick off is simply another mylacrosse garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are 100% right. Naptown, NLF Champ, and NAL are the 3 top tourneys. Great VIII in CT is one of those great boutique tourneys, but doesn’t have the cache or college visibility as the 3 mentioned above.

For the person who said you can get recruited at any club you are correct. But if you want the best chance to impress the top tier D1 programs, you need to be playing on a club that competes in tourneys those top colleges are at. No ACC teams will be sending their head coach to Lehigh Laxfest, but i can guarantee they will all be at the tourneys i listed above.

If you’re shooting for lower level D1 or D3, you have more flexibility on what club to play for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are maybe 3 to 4 kids uncommitted players on that team, all are high academic kids that are most likely waiting for their JR year to end so they can commit to the high academic D3 schools. NESCAC over a lower academic D1 school is a smart move.[/quote]

Adding those players does not get the 2023 LE team into the NLF championship game....especially considering the level of talent that they already had on the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are maybe 3 to 4 kids uncommitted players on that team, all are high academic kids that are most likely waiting for their JR year to end so they can commit to the high academic D3 schools. NESCAC over a lower academic D1 school is a smart move.

I have to agree. Although it may be more than 3-4 I am not sure.

Maybe he wants to play with friends or on a better team against better competition.

I think we all know that BS does not play in the level of Tournaments as that of both BBL and LE.

To someone else’s point above, they are adding a top Defensive player to an already talented group.This doesn’t sound like a bad idea.[/quote]

Yeah, not the same level of tournaments, BS beat BBL at NAL, and LE dodged them....but keep living the dream....and as far as the reason for the kids moving, don't underestimate the politics. Either way nobody really cares about kids moving, nor does anybody care who wins any of these tournaments, caring about tournament wins is middle school material.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not disagree that there are probably a few high academic kids that remain uncommitted, but the problem is that, putting the committed pole aside, they just added more uncommitted players who are likely high academic kids as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not disagree that there are probably a few high academic kids that remain uncommitted, but the problem is that, putting the committed pole aside, they just added more uncommitted players who are likely high academic kids as well[/quote]

Why is that a problem? Adding motivated players to a pretty good team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t need to feel bad. The kid plays D and that entire D is already committed. The Denver, Notre Dame, Bucknell, Monmouth, Villanova, and Brown poles are probably welcoming him with open arms. That defense has to be one of the best in club and it just got better.[/quote]

Read a little more carefully, its about the uncommitted kids, not the committed kids...and the other players that went to LE are not committed, so adding to the uncommitted pool of players on LE. As for the D, you just proved my point, LE did not need him, so this was all about promoting another commit and sticking it to another club without having done a thing to develop the kid. That being said, not all LE's fault, these players have parents who contributed to the decision.[/quote]

I do not disagree that there are probably a few high academic kids that remain uncommitted, but the problem is that, putting the committed pole aside, they just added more uncommitted players who are likely high academic kids as well[/quote]

Why is that a problem? Adding motivated players to a pretty good team?[/quote]
The problem is my son played with them at Blue Star and with our WF kid that doesn't show up, we are now not going to have enough players to field a good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are 100% right. Naptown, NLF Champ, and NAL are the 3 top tourneys. Great VIII in CT is one of those great boutique tourneys, but doesn’t have the cache or college visibility as the 3 mentioned above.

For the person who said you can get recruited at any club you are correct. But if you want the best chance to impress the top tier D1 programs, you need to be playing on a club that competes in tourneys those top colleges are at. No ACC teams will be sending their head coach to Lehigh Laxfest, but i can guarantee they will all be at the tourneys i listed above.

If you’re shooting for lower level D1 or D3, you have more flexibility on what club to play for.

Just checked Lehigh Laxfest. Past colleges that attended are Air Force, Duke, Villanova and Richmond amongst others. All HIGH END colleges that Leading Edge has sent kids to. So your wrong. The college coaches go to a lot of different tournaments nowadays. NLF, NAL, Naptown and Crabfest all have attendees in one way or another by NJ clubs. I am not the person who posted the "recruitment at any club" post but I agree with him. Stay on your club teams. LE, BBL and Tri State are the higher end clubs and Mad Dog is making a big push from 2025 and lower. Blue Star, Riot, Patriot are all there as well and put kids in D1 just like everyone else with BS being more successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just checked Lehigh Laxfest. Past colleges that attended are Air Force, Duke, Villanova and Richmond amongst others. All HIGH END colleges that Leading Edge has sent kids to. So your wrong. The college coaches go to a lot of different tournaments nowadays. NLF, NAL, Naptown and Crabfest all have attendees in one way or another by NJ clubs. I am not the person who posted the "recruitment at any club" post but I agree with him. Stay on your club teams. LE, BBL and Tri State are the higher end clubs and Mad Dog is making a big push from 2025 and lower. Blue Star, Riot, Patriot are all there as well and put kids in D1 just like everyone else with BS being more successful.

The bulk of the past few threads is LE just trying to advertise that they and the NLF is more important than anything else and its just not the case anymore. I am so tired of their branding, most people see thru it now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is my son played with them at Blue Star and with our WF kid that doesn't show up, we are now not going to have enough players to field a good team.[/quote]

Fair point, support the team that got you there. Either way, I'm sure that kids will show up at tournaments, colleges want their recruits playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it adds recruiting competition for the kids that have been with LE, and takes away from their playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it adds recruiting competition for the kids that have been with LE, and takes away from their playing time.[/quote]

Tough take here. Competition is needed to get the best out of kids I would think. I don’t know the roster, but I don’t think they would add if they didn’t have some room.

To someone else’s point, rosters are typically lighter in that oldest grade due to kids quitting or focusing elsewhere . Sounds like BS is really light now , which further proves the point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is my son played with them at Blue Star and with our WF kid that doesn't show up, we are now not going to have enough players to field a good team.[/quote]

Should have played for LE or Tri-State .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it adds recruiting competition for the kids that have been with LE, and takes away from their playing time.[/quote]

Does your kid not want competition ?

I detest to break it to you, but our kids are competing (in terms of recruiting) with thousands and thousands of other players from across the country. The 1 or 2 added kids to his team should be the least of his worries.

If he’s good, he will get recruited. Plain and simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because it adds recruiting competition for the kids that have been with LE, and takes away from their playing time.

Does your kid not want competition ?

I detest to break it to you, but our kids are competing (in terms of recruiting) with thousands and thousands of other players from across the country. The 1 or 2 added kids to his team should be the least of his worries.

If he’s good, he will get recruited. Plain and simple.[/quote]

I do not disagree with much of what is being said. I am not a LE parent, but if I was, and my kid was not committed yet, I would be a little unhappy with another player who plays the same position as my son, who is not needed, coming aboard. I know that there is no right or wrong answer, just my own feelings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did AA accolades come out yet? I am curious how each club stacked up with representation in NJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did AA accolades come out yet? I am curious how each club stacked up with representation in NJ.
Shore- 5 total: 4-LE (W/Blue Star that is now LE) 1 Mad Dog

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The haters are going to say they don’t really play LE.

I wonder what the North breakdown is.

Very good chance that LE has a player of the year again.

When does that come out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When does that come out?
North is out.. LE well over 50%

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When does that come out?
North is out.. LE well over 50%

Not quite 50%. It looks like 6 of the 20 AA for North. The player of the year, midfielder of the year, and defenseman of the year. They have 4 of the 5 in the south. As well as the player of the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tough take here. Competition is needed to get the best out of kids I would think. I don’t know the roster, but I don’t think they would add if they didn’t have some room.

To someone else’s point, rosters are typically lighter in that oldest grade due to kids quitting or focusing elsewhere . Sounds like BS is really light now , which further proves the point.[/quote]

Blue Star lost their second best pole and their second or third best attackman, they should be fine...but again, wins and losses are meaningless, just need to be in the right place at the right time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To someone else’s point, rosters are typically lighter in that oldest grade due to kids quitting or focusing elsewhere . Sounds like BS is really light now , which further proves the point.

Blue Star lost their second best pole and their second or third best attackman, they should be fine...but again, wins and losses are meaningless, just need to be in the right place at the right time.[/quote]
Do we really think the West Field kid is better than the RFH kid? I know where they are going to school but bloodlines help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NJ 2026 representing well at the NAL. Towermen with the 1 seed going into the championship bracket this morning and LE with the 4 seed. Go get ‘em boys!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue Star lost their second best pole and their second or third best attackman, they should be fine...but again, wins and losses are meaningless, just need to be in the right place at the right time.
Do we really think the West Field kid is better than the RFH kid? I know where they are going to school but bloodlines help.[/quote]

Probably gets the edge on size and athleticism....also LSM vs. close D, so not really apples to apples.

Like Reply Quote
Page 54 of 72 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard