Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Bearded_Kaos - 07/03/22 03:31 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:07 PM
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 03:01 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:44 PM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/03/22 02:35 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,550
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 102 of 107 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 106 107
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #379375 05/15/22 07:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I really hope Ted wasn’t threatening kids. The Shire acres Community isn’t that big buddy.

Come on people. There is zero truth to this. Zero. People on this board love to talk badly about this man and make stuff up. Use your brains. Didn’t happen. Period.

No it’s 100% true. He’s in big time trouble. What a lost

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #379376 05/15/22 07:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really hope Ted wasn’t threatening kids. The Shire acres Community isn’t that big buddy.

This man gets dragged through the mud on here. Threatening kids? No chance. He is a good dude, and an asset to our team. We (along with several other families) wouldn't have left FCA for Crabs if he wasn't. His reputation on this anonymous forum couldn't be further from the truth of who he is as a man. This has gone too far. Troll someone else.

Unpopular opinion from Hawks dad- to think that he would threaten a kid is comical. I’ve known him for years and don’t believe a word of it. Take it for what it’s worth.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379381 05/15/22 08:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team has holdbacks. I can’t wait until high school when this silly debate will be over.

Yeah, but holding back should be saved for HS! Not the younger years. Not fair I’m the developing years
One more year.

It’s only going to get worse and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379400 05/15/22 08:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This man gets dragged through the mud on here. Threatening kids? No chance. He is a good dude, and an asset to our team. We (along with several other families) wouldn't have left FCA for Crabs if he wasn't. His reputation on this anonymous forum couldn't be further from the truth of who he is as a man. This has gone too far. Troll someone else.

Unpopular opinion from Hawks dad- to think that he would threaten a kid is comical. I’ve known him for years and don’t believe a word of it. Take it for what it’s worth.

No threats were made. He did, however, cuss a kid from the opposing team out and called him a “p*****”
Not exactly appropriate for such a “good dude.”

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379411 05/15/22 09:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team has holdbacks. I can’t wait until high school when this silly debate will be over.

Yeah, but holding back should be saved for HS! Not the younger years. Not fair I’m the developing years
One more year.

Yes, there is. Rules can be changed to birth year

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #379433 05/15/22 09:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One more year.

Sure, but that won’t happen. And if it does our kids will be grown and gone.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379434 05/15/22 09:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No threats were made. He did, however, cuss a kid from the opposing team out and called him a “p*****”
Not exactly appropriate for such a “good dude.”

Not a good dude. Reason why he gets drug through the mud.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379442 05/15/22 10:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One more year.

Sure, but that won’t happen. And if it does our kids will be grown and gone.

Parents seem to feel pretty passionately about this issue. Perhaps they should start their own league. Maybe in Anne Arundel county. Make it by birth year. People need to either do something or stop complaining.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379524 05/16/22 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents seem to feel pretty passionately about this issue. Perhaps they should start their own league. Maybe in Anne Arundel county. Make it by birth year. People need to either do something or stop complaining.[/quote]

There is a league and it's called SMYLA and it's part of a larger org running their rules undes USL by birth date. It is filled with awful rec teams where those clubs are owned by parents and run like the community bake sale. Up until 7th grade, they run small field 7v7 games. Some of the "travel" kids play but they usually play a different position like a goalie playing in the field or a pole with a short stick because the travel clubs slot kids in 3rd grade and never consider allowing a kid to try a different position after that.

Running a league or a club is a full-time job. It also requires real up-front investment in the form of fields (renting or owning), paid manager/management, equipment, insurance, ... Montgomery County, MD provides no discount or assistance in the renting of their fields or providing refs, equipment and so on. Howard County does all of that.

Your only chance is to go to HoCo and beg and plead for them to split off the lower division teams into a birthdate league. This would also require buy in from lower tier clubs to go along with it. A more realistic approach would be to tighten the age to summer birthdays or even all the way up to 1/1 instead of the year prior 9/1. It is insane there are players a full 364 days older and beyond born prior to the USL 9/1 birthdate. I don't know about this year but the 2019 season had 6 players who were "double" holdbacks and turned 16 prior to their freshman year in high school. 3 were on the same team.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #379790 05/17/22 11:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grade-based is no longer needed.
It was changed to grade thanks to early college recruiting.
With that gone, the system should revert back to age-based..

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #379796 05/17/22 12:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are tons of age based choices in the region. The problem is the coaching and orgs are terrible. I believe an all star team from smyla played an age based club mixed team this past weekend. The all star smyla team lost 31-1.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379813 05/17/22 01:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The man spends all day scouting teams in 7th grade to boost his own ego... get a life.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379868 05/17/22 05:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The man spends all day scouting teams in 7th grade to boost his own ego... get a life.
Next year is their last year in hoco. Give it up and move this thread to the holdback forum.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #380374 05/19/22 10:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions:
Hawks handle Crabs easily.
NextLevel handles MadLax easily.