Originally Posted by Anonymous
While waiting for my younger sons team to play I had the pleasure of watching the second half of the True Baltimore vs Predators game. All I can say is wow the True team definitely lives up to their reputation. One mom was yelling and cursing at the refs, parents screaming at players and coaches. I have seen posts about that program but this was the first time I have witnessed it. Shameful.

True the money grab is an org that cares about one thing, how many players can we fool. Moms like her are the mainstay of True

Talk about a program that’s duped a ton of parents. It’s really just “pay to play” or “membership” lacrosse. The Planet Fitness of club ball. In general they get families of kids who “want to play club” but don’t have a lot of info. True has really benefited from the 27 age group not having a lot of options.

And then they sell the State and National team options. It’s like buying the undercoating or extra warranty on a car. It sounds like a good idea in the showroom- Gives you peace of mind knowing it’s there, but good luck seeing it executed.

Well said. I can't understand why any reasonably talented player with informed parents would play for a True team, but lots of them do. Kudo's to the folks who run the True business for raking it in, but shame on parents for not doing more homework.

If your talking about the true Baltimore team then be honest it’s still really Kelly post which was never near top of 2027. The true Annapolis team is much improved since last year and did beat crabs 2 times this year. That team is good for people that don’t want to play for hawks or drive to Baltimore. Not everyone wants to play for hawks and crabs and next year only going to get harder on those teams considering how many current 8th graders will hold back and kids coming from out of state to try save the crabs dying legacy in middle school.