Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:33 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:24 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 10:19 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 09:59 PM
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 09:58 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,438
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 121 of 147 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 146 147
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #379736 05/17/22 07:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with this assessment. MDU is very similar to Pride, neither rely on one player.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #379737 05/17/22 08:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks to me MDU doesn’t rely on just one or two players. Every kid on the field is highlighted and they have multiple girls who score. The team is learning to play as a team, and is well prepared for the next level. With that, comes fluctuation in performance unfortunately, but they can hang with any team.

As far as AACO, every day it could be someone different. Integrity is good a lot better than given credit, remove a player or two and not sure you would see the same results. MDU is more well rounded and skilled.

I would agree with this. From the 2 or 3 games I've seen my take is as follows

1) they are probably too unselfish and really don't have a dominant player who they can do go when they really need a goal

2) they actually play their bench in meaningful games. Great experience for the girls, but probably leaves some wins on the table

3) only real lax negative from my perspective is not being physical enough on defense. If I was game planning against them I would try to run some isos, PnRs and 2 man games against some of their smaller defenders

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #379748 05/17/22 08:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: MDU, they are as physical as any team, not big but physical. They def hurt themselves with fouls and put themselves in a hole but as they age, and are allowed to do more contact, it will serve them down the road.

They beat YJ A and Aces and I do think they play more NY style than MD style which could be reason for those wins.

I expect them to have good summer showing and I think MD NGLL teams, least those in South division really had tough road which will serve them well this summer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379757 05/17/22 09:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: MDU, they are as physical as any team, not big but physical. They def hurt themselves with fouls and put themselves in a hole but as they age, and are allowed to do more contact, it will serve them down the road.

They beat YJ A and Aces and I do think they play more NY style than MD style which could be reason for those wins.

I expect them to have good summer showing and I think MD NGLL teams, least those in South division really had tough road which will serve them well this summer.

Looking at their draws in the big summer tourneys, they really only have one big game in the big tourneys -- prime time at LLL. Will cruise into bracket play at LFTC-- should go 4-0 with Coppermine being the only team that even gives them a game.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379764 05/17/22 10:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like your comment every player is highlighted on the team. Not relying on one or two players to score. This IMO is a problem on our team. How do we address this with the coach? Afraid to be considered a meddling parent and could affect my kids play.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #379768 05/17/22 10:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we start a tryouts post? Put all tryout dates together for reference. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379774 05/17/22 10:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like your comment every player is highlighted on the team. Not relying on one or two players to score. This IMO is a problem on our team. How do we address this with the coach? Afraid to be considered a meddling parent and could affect my kids play.

It’s tough as some kids just go to goal, and if it works, coaches don’t tell them to stop.

If it were my kid who I was thinking isn’t involved enough, i would ask “what does she need to do to become part of offense, what can she do outside of practice or what can she improve on”,

As girls get older, offenses must use all players not just 1-2 middies, to MDU credit, they seem to be running a more sophisticated offense, maybe hurting short term or will help long term.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379776 05/17/22 11:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at their draws in the big summer tourneys, they really only have one big game in the big tourneys -- prime time at LLL. Will cruise into bracket play at LFTC-- should go 4-0 with Coppermine being the only team that even gives them a game.

I don’t think Hershey is out yet, but they get M&D at Summer Impulse,

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379799 05/17/22 12:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madskillz is loaded and must be well coached. They can win it all.

I think Eagle Stix is less talented than some of the others…but their offense is precise. They have picked our team apart from X hitting cutters. They also have the best (or one the best) draw girls in this class. She is tall and good…did not see her at fall tourney though, so who knows.

Good bet that it’ll be Aces versus the MD champ on TV Sunday. If it’s M&D, take them all day long. They have Aces number.

Well, they just released pools and this pick is looking better since MD champ and Eagle Stix will be in same bracket. A lot will depend on refs. If the games are called tight, this will create challenges for Aces

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380002 05/18/22 10:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Eagle Stix is less talented than some of the others…but their offense is precise. They have picked our team apart from X hitting cutters. They also have the best (or one the best) draw girls in this class. She is tall and good…did not see her at fall tourney though, so who knows.

Good bet that it’ll be Aces versus the MD champ on TV Sunday. If it’s M&D, take them all day long. They have Aces number.

Well, they just released pools and this pick is looking better since MD champ and Eagle Stix will be in same bracket. A lot will depend on refs. If the games are called tight, this will create challenges for Aces

Where are the pools posted?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #380056 05/18/22 01:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think Hershey is out yet, but they get M&D at Summer Impulse,

Summer genesis has been released to directors, but not posted yet. if you are curious, just ask your director.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380061 05/18/22 02:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tourney Machine. To you save time. Game Schedules not out yet. My guess is 3 pool play games on Saturday and then games for 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th Sunday.

27A

Red

Madskilz
Team One
NXT
Aces

Blue

Eagle Stix
Mid Atlantic - TBD
3D NE
CLC

27B only has 5 teams and is all one pool

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380075 05/18/22 02:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tourney Machine. To you save time. Game Schedules not out yet. My guess is 3 pool play games on Saturday and then games for 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th Sunday.

27A

Red

Madskilz
Team One
NXT
Aces

Blue

Eagle Stix
Mid Atlantic - TBD
3D NE
CLC

27B only has 5 teams and is all one pool

Tourney Machine under what? Not seeing it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380081 05/18/22 03:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If true then these are two evenly balanced pools. I just hope I get to see Madskillz play Aces. What a matchup. Bottom line is our Mid Atlantic NGLL team should be favored. Out of state teams play very few NGLL games against weak competition. At least our top 3 teams will have played 3-4 good, close games this spring. That matters. Should have way more chemistry. That being said, Eagle Stix game will be a war.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #380088 05/18/22 03:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If true then these are two evenly balanced pools. I just hope I get to see Madskillz play Aces. What a matchup. Bottom line is our Mid Atlantic NGLL team should be favored. Out of state teams play very few NGLL games against weak competition. At least our top 3 teams will have played 3-4 good, close games this spring. That matters. Should have way more chemistry. That being said, Eagle Stix game will be a war.

Madskillz/Aces will be a great game. Probably a 16-13 kinda game will lots of scoring at a fast tempo and not that much defense.

Remember though that the NY and GA girls have been playing with their high school varsity and JV teams over the past 2 months against bigger stronger competition. Thats why GA does NGLL so early and and NY so late.

Personally, i think Aces will beat MS just based on their edge on defense and LaxIQ. I think Eagle Stix and M&D will be a close 1-2 goal game. I would lean towards ES just because of their offensieve execution but wouldn't be surprised if the MD team wins. I think a lot will depend on when they play the MD champ. If they play in the first pool play game, I think that's a big edge for the MD team.

In the final, i would make the MD/ES winner a pretty decent favorite.

Like Reply Quote
Page 121 of 147 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 146 147
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard