BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 112 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree with this assessment. MDU is very similar to Pride, neither rely on one player.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks to me MDU doesn’t rely on just one or two players. Every kid on the field is highlighted and they have multiple girls who score. The team is learning to play as a team, and is well prepared for the next level. With that, comes fluctuation in performance unfortunately, but they can hang with any team.

As far as AACO, every day it could be someone different. Integrity is good a lot better than given credit, remove a player or two and not sure you would see the same results. MDU is more well rounded and skilled.

I would agree with this. From the 2 or 3 games I've seen my take is as follows

1) they are probably too unselfish and really don't have a dominant player who they can do go when they really need a goal

2) they actually play their bench in meaningful games. Great experience for the girls, but probably leaves some wins on the table

3) only real lax negative from my perspective is not being physical enough on defense. If I was game planning against them I would try to run some isos, PnRs and 2 man games against some of their smaller defenders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: MDU, they are as physical as any team, not big but physical. They def hurt themselves with fouls and put themselves in a hole but as they age, and are allowed to do more contact, it will serve them down the road.

They beat YJ A and Aces and I do think they play more NY style than MD style which could be reason for those wins.

I expect them to have good summer showing and I think MD NGLL teams, least those in South division really had tough road which will serve them well this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re: MDU, they are as physical as any team, not big but physical. They def hurt themselves with fouls and put themselves in a hole but as they age, and are allowed to do more contact, it will serve them down the road.

They beat YJ A and Aces and I do think they play more NY style than MD style which could be reason for those wins.

I expect them to have good summer showing and I think MD NGLL teams, least those in South division really had tough road which will serve them well this summer.

Looking at their draws in the big summer tourneys, they really only have one big game in the big tourneys -- prime time at LLL. Will cruise into bracket play at LFTC-- should go 4-0 with Coppermine being the only team that even gives them a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like your comment every player is highlighted on the team. Not relying on one or two players to score. This IMO is a problem on our team. How do we address this with the coach? Afraid to be considered a meddling parent and could affect my kids play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we start a tryouts post? Put all tryout dates together for reference. Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like your comment every player is highlighted on the team. Not relying on one or two players to score. This IMO is a problem on our team. How do we address this with the coach? Afraid to be considered a meddling parent and could affect my kids play.

It’s tough as some kids just go to goal, and if it works, coaches don’t tell them to stop.

If it were my kid who I was thinking isn’t involved enough, i would ask “what does she need to do to become part of offense, what can she do outside of practice or what can she improve on”,

As girls get older, offenses must use all players not just 1-2 middies, to MDU credit, they seem to be running a more sophisticated offense, maybe hurting short term or will help long term.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at their draws in the big summer tourneys, they really only have one big game in the big tourneys -- prime time at LLL. Will cruise into bracket play at LFTC-- should go 4-0 with Coppermine being the only team that even gives them a game.

I don’t think Hershey is out yet, but they get M&D at Summer Impulse,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madskillz is loaded and must be well coached. They can win it all.

I think Eagle Stix is less talented than some of the others…but their offense is precise. They have picked our team apart from X hitting cutters. They also have the best (or one the best) draw girls in this class. She is tall and good…did not see her at fall tourney though, so who knows.

Good bet that it’ll be Aces versus the MD champ on TV Sunday. If it’s M&D, take them all day long. They have Aces number.

Well, they just released pools and this pick is looking better since MD champ and Eagle Stix will be in same bracket. A lot will depend on refs. If the games are called tight, this will create challenges for Aces

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Eagle Stix is less talented than some of the others…but their offense is precise. They have picked our team apart from X hitting cutters. They also have the best (or one the best) draw girls in this class. She is tall and good…did not see her at fall tourney though, so who knows.

Good bet that it’ll be Aces versus the MD champ on TV Sunday. If it’s M&D, take them all day long. They have Aces number.

Well, they just released pools and this pick is looking better since MD champ and Eagle Stix will be in same bracket. A lot will depend on refs. If the games are called tight, this will create challenges for Aces

Where are the pools posted?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think Hershey is out yet, but they get M&D at Summer Impulse,

Summer genesis has been released to directors, but not posted yet. if you are curious, just ask your director.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tourney Machine. To you save time. Game Schedules not out yet. My guess is 3 pool play games on Saturday and then games for 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th Sunday.

27A

Red

Madskilz
Team One
NXT
Aces

Blue

Eagle Stix
Mid Atlantic - TBD
3D NE
CLC

27B only has 5 teams and is all one pool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tourney Machine. To you save time. Game Schedules not out yet. My guess is 3 pool play games on Saturday and then games for 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th Sunday.

27A

Red

Madskilz
Team One
NXT
Aces

Blue

Eagle Stix
Mid Atlantic - TBD
3D NE
CLC

27B only has 5 teams and is all one pool

Tourney Machine under what? Not seeing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If true then these are two evenly balanced pools. I just hope I get to see Madskillz play Aces. What a matchup. Bottom line is our Mid Atlantic NGLL team should be favored. Out of state teams play very few NGLL games against weak competition. At least our top 3 teams will have played 3-4 good, close games this spring. That matters. Should have way more chemistry. That being said, Eagle Stix game will be a war.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If true then these are two evenly balanced pools. I just hope I get to see Madskillz play Aces. What a matchup. Bottom line is our Mid Atlantic NGLL team should be favored. Out of state teams play very few NGLL games against weak competition. At least our top 3 teams will have played 3-4 good, close games this spring. That matters. Should have way more chemistry. That being said, Eagle Stix game will be a war.

Madskillz/Aces will be a great game. Probably a 16-13 kinda game will lots of scoring at a fast tempo and not that much defense.

Remember though that the NY and GA girls have been playing with their high school varsity and JV teams over the past 2 months against bigger stronger competition. Thats why GA does NGLL so early and and NY so late.

Personally, i think Aces will beat MS just based on their edge on defense and LaxIQ. I think Eagle Stix and M&D will be a close 1-2 goal game. I would lean towards ES just because of their offensieve execution but wouldn't be surprised if the MD team wins. I think a lot will depend on when they play the MD champ. If they play in the first pool play game, I think that's a big edge for the MD team.

In the final, i would make the MD/ES winner a pretty decent favorite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With thunderstorms planned for all sunday afternoon, does anyone know if there is a plan B is finals are cancelled? Hopefully a midweek championship could be arranged. Would detest to flip a coin to decide who goes to nationals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madskillz/Aces will be a great game. Probably a 16-13 kinda game will lots of scoring at a fast tempo and not that much defense.

Remember though that the NY and GA girls have been playing with their high school varsity and JV teams over the past 2 months against bigger stronger competition. Thats why GA does NGLL so early and and NY so late.

Personally, i think Aces will beat MS just based on their edge on defense and LaxIQ. I think Eagle Stix and M&D will be a close 1-2 goal game. I would lean towards ES just because of their offensieve execution but wouldn't be surprised if the MD team wins. I think a lot will depend on when they play the MD champ. If they play in the first pool play game, I think that's a big edge for the MD team.

There are at least 3 top teams playing this weekend for the MD champs, how did you get to M&D playing in the tournament. Hey BLC is legit and beat M&D already, my money is on BLC this Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that MDU was bought by True this past week. Is this true? I think this will negatively impact MDU in a huge way....if true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With True buying MDU, will they practice in Glen Burnie? I bet fees go up, they need to pay for the Moose, plus fees majorly went up for the boys True teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that MDU was bought by True this past week. Is this true? I think this will negatively impact MDU in a huge way....if true

Partnership, not buyout. True will handle areas that MDU lagged, website, social media, uniform/apparel.

MDU players will also get to play for True National in some summer tournaments.

Access to practice fields with Turf/Lights.

I think it’s a positive tbh, they provide infrastructure that was lacking on MDU.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prices will definitely go up, but they will also train more.

To be fair, the training at True is quite good. They just have never had a girls program with talent. However, with the uncertainty I would expect many girls to start lookign around.

There are at least 3 top teams playing this weekend for the MD champs, how did you get to M&D playing in the tournament. Hey BLC is legit and beat M&D already, my money is on BLC this Saturday.

Its MD for Maryland champion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With True buying MDU, will they practice in Glen Burnie? I bet fees go up, they need to pay for the Moose, plus fees majorly went up for the boys True teams.

Fees will likely go up, no doubt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Done deal. Already on True Website.

https://md.truelacrosse.com/teams/girls-teams/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve always heard Long Island allows middle school girls to play varsity, but I have no personal knowledge. I know it’s not true in Atlanta. My sister lives there and has a HS boy and a MS girl who plays lax. MS kids can’t play varsity in any sport. Period. All MS girls play for a HS “feeder” team…so like Walton HS might have a junior feeder team of 6th / 7th graders and a senior feeder team made up of 7th and 8th graders. They play other middle school feeder teams. Club teams shut down in the spring except for maybe 1-2 NGLL games to see who comes up here in May.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AU Futures decisions sent out. Daughter made it but friend we went with got ‘alternate’. Did everyone who didn’t make it get an alternate email or is there still a chance she gets in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Partnership, not buyout. True will handle areas that MDU lagged, website, social media, uniform/apparel.

I think it’s a positive tbh, they provide infrastructure that was lacking on MDU.

I agree with all of the above. This is not the same as the M&D buyout with 3STEP.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve always heard Long Island allows middle school girls to play varsity, but I have no personal knowledge. I know it’s not true in Atlanta. My sister lives there and has a HS boy and a MS girl who plays lax. MS kids can’t play varsity in any sport. Period. All MS girls play for a HS “feeder” team…so like Walton HS might have a junior feeder team of 6th / 7th graders and a senior feeder team made up of 7th and 8th graders. They play other middle school feeder teams. Club teams shut down in the spring except for maybe 1-2 NGLL games to see who comes up here in May.

LI does allow middle schoolers play. LI Lax Journal has rosters and shows the years of the girls...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI does allow middle schoolers play. LI Lax Journal has rosters and shows the years of the girls...

Its all of NY. You see more upstate girls playing varsity because competition level is lower up there. I think something like 15 Aces girls are currently playing varsity.

This is one of the reasons why NY teams tends to "catch up" a bit to DMV teams in 7th/8th grades

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with all of the above. This is not the same as the M&D buyout with 3STEP.

True National isn't competitive at least on the girls side -- they don't get the best players, pretty much a cash grab.

For perspective, they lost to MadLax over the winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With thunderstorms planned for all sunday afternoon, does anyone know if there is a plan B is finals are cancelled? Hopefully a midweek championship could be arranged. Would detest to flip a coin to decide who goes to nationals.

At practice Thursday, our daughter coach told the team, they should be ready to play any time on Sunday. They could move some games up if they expect thunderstorms all afternoon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True National isn't competitive at least on the girls side -- they don't get the best players, pretty much a cash grab.

These would be bonus tournaments and add some MDU girls into the mix and they will be competitive. In no way is that a negative.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These would be bonus tournaments and add some MDU girls into the mix and they will be competitive. In no way is that a negative.

Agree its not a negative, but with the exception of their MLK weekend tourney, the rest of the national team events are on key summer tourney weekend.

To be fair, though, their recruiting age national team are decent. Not as good as top MD team, but not horrid. Probably around 50 in the country. Older daughter plays on M&D Red and true nationals beat them by 1 at mid-atlantic.

But that itself is the problem. True national at recruiting age plays the same top events as the big clubs. So really no value to the MDU girls.

I think 3D National United has a better model for their national team. Playing in holiday weekend or December events which don't conflict with the top teams tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D/Heros final tomorrow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D/Heros final tomorrow

Should be good game. Hero's has been playing better. I'd give them the edge. Either way these 2 teams will have great tournament seasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn’t see that coming…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m going with Heroes tomorrow. M&D won the semi, but it was a toss up. Easily could have been BLC. Based on what I saw, BLC can beat M&D as many times as lose. BLC dominated most of game, M&D dominated last 10 mins. Will be an interesting tourney season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both games were really good. Top 3 three I think are incredibly well matched.

Really liked that fact that for the most part the ref lets the girls play. Very few ticky tack fouls.

So much better flow of play than 80% of the NGLL games this issue. Hope for both teams this is the case for the finals tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought M&D was way better than HG when we played them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s was up 3 on M&D with a little over two minutes to go in the game and lost by 1 in regulation. Four unanswered goals by M&D in two minutes on what looked the same play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, we played and play both and I always thought Hero’s was better. They move the ball quickly and unselfishly. M&D is more ISO’s. Different styles.

Page 46 of 112 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard