Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Bearded_Kaos - 07/02/22 06:49 AM
Boys 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 06:28 AM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/02/22 04:20 AM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 07/01/22 11:26 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/01/22 11:14 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,151
Posts341,305
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 631 of 643 1 2 629 630 631 632 633 642 643
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #379259 05/15/22 08:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
First off, I have no skin in the game my son's team is not affected, but...can anyone explain the formula Section XI uses for standings? How does a 5-9 team make playoffs over an 8 - 6 team? Is strength of schedule/wins/goals weighted that heavily? Not trying to knock any team but it just doesn't seem to make sense. You play the schedule you're given.

Its actually a great system. It is power rankings.

Simply you either gain or lose points for a win or loss based on the opponents win percentage.

If you beat a team that is 9-1 (90% win percentage) you would get 9 points.
If you lose to a team that is 9-1 (90 % win percentage) you would only lose 1 point.

So you don't get rewarded as much for beating bad teams.

Think its a close to perfect system. It allows the top teams to player tougher competition without being punished. It allows the bottom teams to win the games they are supposed to and then pick off 1-2 better teams to make playoffs.

Thanks, I think I understand it now. One question are points determined by the record of the team you played at the time you play them or are adjustments made at the end of the season?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #379269 05/15/22 09:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Manhasset will win. Expect a good game either way.

That was a beat down.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379330 05/15/22 04:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, it's not productive to have to play a top team week in and week out. Alabama football plays a ridiculous schedule when they don't have an SEC opponent lined up. Why don't they play Oklahoma? USC? or any other good team from outside the SEC? Because you can't sustain that level every week. Stop trying to entertain yourselves, see it as a coach, not a fan.

It's less productive to play in a conference that only fields 4 or 5 competitive teams out of 15. The majority of games the better players are either done by halftime or playing other positions. Bad job all around in Nassau. Follow the girls conference model and figure it out.

The coaches would disagree dad. Here's a thought, if you enjoy the girls' game so much, tell your son to play with the ladies. Problem solved, boys coach gets rid of the headache of you, and you get to watch competitive girls lacrosse.

Ok coach. Question for you. What is productive about a team beating someone 23-1 or 19-0 or 22-1? Nothing is productive in those games for either team.

Schedule doesn’t need to be full of the most competitive games….but should be able to build a schedule of appropriate competition throughout the season.
You will want games where you can test your top lines and give role players bigger roles….but those laugher games do no one any good

Look at GC schedule, CSH schedule, Farmingdale schedule. They play all the non conference games they need. If you’re school can’t field a competitive team, drop the sport. If you’re enamored with the girls game, watch the girls. Simple.[/quote]

To the faux macho keyboard tough guy, that wasn’t the point.
I’m saying there is no reason my sons team should be playing conference games where they are WINNING by 20 goals.

Go back to middle school and work on your reading comprehension

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379363 05/15/22 06:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adjustments are made as season progresses

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #379625 05/16/22 03:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse Playoffs are here, who do you like?

Suffolk
A - Northport
B- Smithtown West
C - Mt. Sinai
D - Port Jeff

Nassau
A- Massapequa
B- GC
C-Manhasset
D-CHS

LIC
A-Northport by 5
B- GC by 4
C- Mt. Sinai by 6
D- CHS by 12

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #379652 05/16/22 05:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS officiating this year has been awful. Some of these guys are so old we hav to warn the trainer that they might not make it. Can't imagine this ios the best we can do

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379668 05/16/22 06:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS officiating this year has been awful. Some of these guys are so old we hav to warn the trainer that they might not make it. Can't imagine this ios the best we can do

They’re always looking for more refs…since you can most certainly do a better job, have at it hoss

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379674 05/16/22 07:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about thank the official for the job he is doing rather than criticizing the way he’s doing it…..at least he’s out there and not on an anonymous message board

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379683 05/16/22 08:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about thank the official for the job he is doing rather than criticizing the way he’s doing it…..at least he’s out there and not on an anonymous message board

Ha. Agreed. The best thing I ever heard an official tell a set of parents who were riding him the whole game was “We are always looking for volunteers…”. That shut them up.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379771 05/17/22 10:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha. Agreed. The best thing I ever heard an official tell a set of parents who were riding him the whole game was “We are always looking for volunteers…”. That shut them up.

Getting off topic and the complaint fest BOTC has become.
Congratulations to Nassau Community Men's Lacrosse for winning the 23rd national Championship in program history this past weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #379777 05/17/22 11:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Officials across all sports are experiencing critically low numbers. Why would anyone want to withstand the abuse and low pay just for the "love of the game". All you nut jobs out there who think they know it all, please go get certified and actually give something back to your sports.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379786 05/17/22 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are awful for saying this. Get out of your trailer home and go officiate if you're so knowledgeable.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #379933 05/18/22 07:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to St. Anthonys after another great game and win versus Chaminade. Two great teams with unreal talent on the field. It could have gone down as one of the classics of this intense rivalry. Unfortunately, again, it was ruined by St.Anthonys post game antics. Language used that I would not repeat, solely screamed at Chaminade parents. This group has been doing this for 4 years now, it is truly sad. The lack of discipline that the coaching staff has showed over the years is gross, and has marred this great program. Set your players and kids up to be great examples of winning or losing with class...if possible. A sad example of where youth sports has been heading for the past 10 years. Maybe the school actually gets involved with this one. Maybe even the parents. I doubt it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379961 05/18/22 08:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm all for supporting officials. I thank each and every one, if I see them after the game. BUT, it is not a volunteer position. They get paid. Maybe it is or isn't enough for the BS they put up with, but the market will determine that on its own.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #379981 05/18/22 09:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to St. Anthonys after another great game and win versus Chaminade. Two great teams with unreal talent on the field. It could have gone down as one of the classics of this intense rivalry. Unfortunately, again, it was ruined by St.Anthonys post game antics. Language used that I would not repeat, solely screamed at Chaminade parents. This group has been doing this for 4 years now, it is truly sad. The lack of discipline that the coaching staff has showed over the years is gross, and has marred this great program. Set your players and kids up to be great examples of winning or losing with class...if possible. A sad example of where youth sports has been heading for the past 10 years. Maybe the school actually gets involved with this one. Maybe even the parents. I doubt it.

Players or parents/fans????

Like Reply Quote
Page 631 of 643 1 2 629 630 631 632 633 642 643
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard