Originally Posted by Anonymous
He is a 2023 that will be going into the class of 2025. Playing JV because he is leaving for prep school next year

So, are you saying Coaches knew he was leaving for a prep school anyways? So, Why give a spot on Varsity to someone leaving??

WHO CARES

I don’t but social services should and as so often happens it won’t work out for those trying to game the system. What world do the parents live in where they tell their 11th grade kid, we’re putting you back in 9th grade? That’s not reality. Your setting your kid up to fail.

Hmmmm, never an issue in football or basketball. Let's be clear, the vast majority of those kids succeed, they don't fail. Just look at the rosters for previous years and see where they are now. Really simple. Very few failures. Your theory is incorrect.
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

I’m going to disagree. Although kids may succeed by holding back 1-3 years; and this seems to be the normal pathway for many at this point there are plenty of failures; kids who don’t end up at top colleges and kids who end up quitting lacrosse completely so I would venture to guess that “very few failures” is inaccurate

As an anecdote, my kids first taste of this way back when was when he went to his first Under Armour tryout. He was in 8th grade and it was the 8-9th grade team and some kids at the tryout had driven themselves there. Yes those kids did way better than my kid but I am wondering what the definition of success is. Success at lacrosse or success in life because being a holdback only gets you so far and one wonders what life lessons you’ve learned. Maybe Elon Musk was a triple holdback.

Out of curiousity, you mention football and basketball mostly reclassing down 2 grades. I didn’t think that was all that common for those two sports. Anyone know how prevalent it actually is for the 3 sports? Who does it the most?