BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,877
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 207 of 325 1 2 205 206 207 208 209 324 325
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall - 2022 MIAA Champion

Rings on order

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SJC 22 PVI 2

WCAC Finals for the Championship Monday May 9th 7pm Ludwig Field College Park

SJC vs Gonzaga

St. John’s is ridiculously good. No one, I repeat NO ONE is as good as them in the country.
I hope they get to play Brunswick. They’re the only one left who MIGHT have a chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Morning!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoff picture coming into focus on the back of my napkin.

BL gets the #1 seed if they beat MSJ today and St. Paul's on Tuesday.

St. Mary's gets the #2 seed if they can beat Severn at home. They are one game ahead of both Calvert Hall and Spalding. A BL and StM win will have them tied at 8-2 with BL holding the head to head. A loss by the Saints likely creates a 3 way tie at 7-3 with the Saints holding the edge over CHC, CHC over Spalding and Spalding over StM. Any idea how that tie breaker works in a 3 team tie?

Calvert Hall will secure the #3 seed if they can beat Loyola. With a loss, they likely drop to the 4.

Spalding needs a win vs. MSJ to wrap up the #4 seed. A Spalding and CHC win will leave them both at 7-3 with CHC holding the head to head tie breaker.

McDonogh can get to 6-4 with a win over Gilman and secure the #5 seed. A loss by the Eagles can create a three way tie if Severn and St. Paul's both lose. If SP beats BL in the finale, Severn is out and SP is in assuming St. Mary's beats Severn.

Severn is the likely #6 seed whether they win or lose vs. St. Mary's. They are rooting for both Calvert Hall and Boys' Latin.

St. Paul's needs to beat BL and needs StM to beat Severn to get in. If both of those happen, they get the #5 and McDonogh falls to the 6 as they will both finish 6-4 with SP owning the tie breaker. Severn would be out

Loyola needs to beat CHC and then needs a lot of help. They need Severn to lose to St. Mary's and need BL to beat St. Paul's. This would create a 3 way tie at 5-5 with the Dons holding the head to head over both Severn and SP.

Assuming the following, it will be #5 McDonogh at #4 Spalding with the winner meeting #1 Boy's Latin at Navy in the semis. The other bracket will be #6 Severn at #3 Calvert Hall with the winner facing St. Mary's in the other semifinal.

BL over MSJ
CHC over Loyola
St. Mary's over Severn
Spalding over MSJ
McDonogh over Gilman
BL over St. Paul's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJC 22 PVI 2

WCAC Finals for the Championship Monday May 9th 7pm Ludwig Field College Park

SJC vs Gonzaga

St. John’s is ridiculously good. No one, I repeat NO ONE is as good as them in the country.

Wcac is a weak league

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the playoff tiebreaker? Could be 3 schools for last two spots....

Here's my post season prognostication: 1) BL, 2) SM, 3) CHC vs 6) Severn, who backs in despite several bad losses down the stretch and 4) Spalding, who seems to be resurgent vs 5) MCD, who backs in after taking a swan dive mid season. CHC kills Severn and the Spalding MCD game is a pick em. CHC then beats SM by 2-3 goals as does BL to the winner of the Spalding McD game. CHC then loses to BL in the finals by 2-3 primarily because they have a better goalkeeper. All is right with the world in that the title rests on LaSalle. Other first round changes would follow with the following upsets: Gilman over McD, SP win over SP and/or a Severn win over SM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the latest standings in the MIAA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the playoff tiebreaker? Could be 3 schools for last two spots....

1.Head to Head (record only, not score)
2. Record vs Teams Above
3. Record vs Teams Below
4.3 way coin toss. One gets a by and remaining two have play in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loyola does the least with the most.

Could you imagine if MSJ or JC had just half that talent?

If my kid is looking at a hs there’s no way I send my
kid to one of those lax mills.

I can't imagine that the parents of "lax mill" kids have any other consideration, like the quality of education or the ability to play on other varsity sports teams at a relatively high level. Or facilities. Or the alumni network.

But if you insist that your non-elite kid can be a starter at JC and then also play "D1" at North Dakota Tech or whatever, and that's what's most important to your family, you do you.

LB families are delusional. They literally just referred to their kids as elite kids! IN WHAT?! What makes anything about LB elite? Nice campus…kids are horrible at lacrosse and worse they have a total lack of character; as referenced in the previous post! We will see where half of these kids end up in college. Not one IVY league offers and very few D1 offers for the amount of elite kids on this team. Get a clue…

OK, easily triggered JC dad. We've seen your "keep them local" posts for the last 3 months. Nobody (except you) said the Loyola kids were elite by default. It's hilarious that you jumped right to it, though. Sincerely glad that your kid who was the #16 ranked mid at LB on the JV team, now has the opportunity to start at JC varsity. Best of luck to him. And you're right, maybe the increasing playing team makes the difference for him getting him recruited to an Ivy....even though he left the #6 Catholic school in the state (and #1 outside of the DC area) for the #21 Catholic school in the state (out of 30). Wonder if the Ivies look at that? Nah, probably not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's just hope its a BL v CHC final. People across the country will care about that match up. Its a title game worth talking about. Any team that can win the MIAA is worthy of being considered one of the best, if not the best team, in HS lacrosse. Its the best league with a great reputation for week in week out tough-as-nails competition. There are always other teams to talk about, out of of conference March games, and "what ifs", but there is only one MIAA Champion.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't imagine that the parents of "lax mill" kids have any other consideration, like the quality of education or the ability to play on other varsity sports teams at a relatively high level. Or facilities. Or the alumni network.

But if you insist that your non-elite kid can be a starter at JC and then also play "D1" at North Dakota Tech or whatever, and that's what's most important to your family, you do you.

LB families are delusional. They literally just referred to their kids as elite kids! IN WHAT?! What makes anything about LB elite? Nice campus…kids are horrible at lacrosse and worse they have a total lack of character; as referenced in the previous post! We will see where half of these kids end up in college. Not one IVY league offers and very few D1 offers for the amount of elite kids on this team. Get a clue…

OK, easily triggered JC dad. We've seen your "keep them local" posts for the last 3 months. Nobody (except you) said the Loyola kids were elite by default. It's hilarious that you jumped right to it, though. Sincerely glad that your kid who was the #16 ranked mid at LB on the JV team, now has the opportunity to start at JC varsity. Best of luck to him. And you're right, maybe the increasing playing team makes the difference for him getting him recruited to an Ivy....even though he left the #6 Catholic school in the state (and #1 outside of the DC area) for the #21 Catholic school in the state (out of 30). Wonder if the Ivies look at that? Nah, probably not.

Apparently not because I can’t remember the last time a kid that played Lacrosse for LB was recruited to an Ivy League school. Hey, but JC has a Penn recruit on their team now. I think I’ll take my chances, dad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently not because I can’t remember the last time a kid that played Lacrosse for LB was recruited to an Ivy League school. Hey, but JC has a Penn recruit on their team now. I think I’ll take my chances, dad!

For reference, you sound like last year's Severna Park dad, crowing about "Severna Park has 2 D1 commits! Two D1 commits, I tell you! SP is on the map now!"

And you're right, since the coaching change in 2019, the LB commits to Harvard, Penn, Princeton etc have dropped off the radar completely. To about zero.

But a reminder that the average JC lax player has roughly a 2% chance of playing Ivy, and the average LB lax player has a roughly 0% chance of playing Ivy. If you think those are actionable stats for a kid's education, keep on rocking in Hazzard County.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uhhh class of 2020 and every year before that. Still sending players to JHU and Georgetown every single year, which are not quite Ivy but not exactly CCBC Essex either, where many JC brothers have gone to play (and many of them transfer to D1....but also not Ivy).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Savvy Consignments in SP just got in a huge shipment of 1/4 zips and pop your collar polos
Spalding 8 STM 6

StM is been exposed for their shortcoming. All the better teams know what to do now to exploit their D, Not sure StM wins again against top 5 team.
Don't think BL scoring 7 or New Cut Hs scoring 8 means that teams are exploiting the Saints D...? Think the Saints are in a shooting slump more than anything else here buddy. 47 shots against BL with 4 goals. and then New cut goalie has a career game with 19 saves. Don't sleep on the Saints. Remember... Defense wins championships, see you after our bye.

New cut..... a little bitter?

New cut rd until they get a ring buddy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Carroll has a nice basketball team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is CH in Third or 2nd?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uhhh class of 2020 and every year before that. Still sending players to JHU and Georgetown every single year, which are not quite Ivy but not exactly CCBC Essex either, where many JC brothers have gone to play (and many of them transfer to D1....but also not Ivy).

You want your kid to play in the Ivy League, you’re in the wrong conference. Send your kid to an IAC team. Many Ivy League commits because their great schools with great lax programs. Non qtr zips need not apply though as tuitions are x3 MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
John Carroll has a nice basketball team.

JC had a GREAT year this season - with 2 wins. What does that say?

I give them credit, as they won 1 more game than anyone would’ve imagined. But let’s get real (and specific). Only 1 of their players would even compete for playing time, much less a starting spot on a top A team - the big middie.

Just my two cents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH and Spaulding have same record but CH won game head to head. CH should be 3rd.

BL
STM
CH
Spaulding
McD
SP

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bunch of haters can’t accept Harford talent. How many kids on your son’s team from Harford? If they could keep their talent in county they would easily be a top team ever year. Reality..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Savvy Consignments in SP just got in a huge shipment of 1/4 zips and pop your collar polos
Spalding 8 STM 6

StM is been exposed for their shortcoming. All the better teams know what to do now to exploit their D, Not sure StM wins again against top 5 team.
Don't think BL scoring 7 or New Cut Hs scoring 8 means that teams are exploiting the Saints D...? Think the Saints are in a shooting slump more than anything else here buddy. 47 shots against BL with 4 goals. and then New cut goalie has a career game with 19 saves. Don't sleep on the Saints. Remember... Defense wins championships, see you after our bye.

New cut..... a little bitter?

New cut rd until they get a ring buddy

Sorry for your loss

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LB parents, give it up. Your team is in a bad period. Check back in for 2025 season and we”ll see where things are. You earn wins, they are not given based on anything that occurred in the past. Stop the Charles St. entitlement thing…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax plays big in making a private school decision for players until they start losing and they you try to convince us (and yourselves) that your decision was based solely on academics. Face it, it’s all about status like every other decision you make in life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax plays big in making a private school decision for players until they start losing and they you try to convince us (and yourselves) that your decision was based solely on academics. Face it, it’s all about status like every other decision you make in life.

We own a nice old house in the City where there are approximately two high quality education options at every level, so private schooling is actually a whole less about status than your $700K vinyl sided tract home in Bel Air / Severna Park / Columbia / Centreville / Fairfax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CH and Spaulding have same record but CH won game head to head. CH should be 3rd.

BL
STM
CH
Spaulding
McD
SP

Severn is 6th with 5 wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL
STM
CH
Spaulding
McD
SP

You really think they beat STM? After the CH smoking? Nah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the flip are you smoking bro? “We own a nice old house in the city’? You lose after that sentence. They “city” is the biggest arm pit in the entire country and Severna Park’s crappiest house is still better than your “nice old house” because it’s a beautiful place to live and well the “city” has the block and that great HBO show the “wire” which is actually a documentary. Keep smoking that skunk bud that you scored on the block and sleep well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL
STM
CH
Spaulding
McD
SP

BL and St. M get bye

CH vs SP - CH WINS
Spaulding vs MCD - MCD wins

BL - MCD - BL
STM - CH - CH

CH - BL - CH CHAMPS again. A very predictable outcome. CH and Baltimore run the MIAA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St. Mary's gets the #2 seed if they can beat Severn at home. They are one game ahead of both Calvert Hall and Spalding. A BL and StM win will have them tied at 8-2 with BL holding the head to head. A loss by the Saints likely creates a 3 way tie at 7-3 with the Saints holding the edge over CHC, CHC over Spalding and Spalding over StM. Any idea how that tie breaker works in a 3 team tie?

Calvert Hall will secure the #3 seed if they can beat Loyola. With a loss, they likely drop to the 4.

Spalding needs a win vs. MSJ to wrap up the #4 seed. A Spalding and CHC win will leave them both at 7-3 with CHC holding the head to head tie breaker.

McDonogh can get to 6-4 with a win over Gilman and secure the #5 seed. A loss by the Eagles can create a three way tie if Severn and St. Paul's both lose. If SP beats BL in the finale, Severn is out and SP is in assuming St. Mary's beats Severn.

Severn is the likely #6 seed whether they win or lose vs. St. Mary's. They are rooting for both Calvert Hall and Boys' Latin.

St. Paul's needs to beat BL and needs StM to beat Severn to get in. If both of those happen, they get the #5 and McDonogh falls to the 6 as they will both finish 6-4 with SP owning the tie breaker. Severn would be out

Loyola needs to beat CHC and then needs a lot of help. They need Severn to lose to St. Mary's and need BL to beat St. Paul's. This would create a 3 way tie at 5-5 with the Dons holding the head to head over both Severn and SP.

Assuming the following, it will be #5 McDonogh at #4 Spalding with the winner meeting #1 Boy's Latin at Navy in the semis. The other bracket will be #6 Severn at #3 Calvert Hall with the winner facing St. Mary's in the other semifinal.

BL over MSJ
CHC over Loyola
St. Mary's over Severn
Spalding over MSJ
McDonogh over Gilman
BL over St. Paul's
Tough road to [ChillLaxin] for St. Paul’s. Agree that Severn gets the 6th seed and St. Paul’s misses out.

If the Dons beat a much better CHC squad, they could back door their way into the playoffs and switch the bracket so that CHC ends up in BL’s half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL
STM
CH
Spaulding
McD
SP

You really think they beat STM? After the CH smoking? Nah

They already have 5 wins. JC, MSJ, SP, BL, Gilman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL over MSJ
CHC over Loyola
St. Mary's over Severn
Spalding over MSJ
McDonogh over Gilman
BL over St. Paul's
Tough road to [ChillLaxin] for St. Paul’s. Agree that Severn gets the 6th seed and St. Paul’s misses out.

If the Dons beat a much better CHC squad, they could back door their way into the playoffs and switch the bracket so that CHC ends up in BL’s half.

SP could definitely beat BL as they're peaking at the right time. Same with LB over CHC. BL wrote the playbook on how to beat SM. Let's see if Severn can dominate FOs and slow the game down enough to win. If Gilman's keeper gets hot and McD starts slowly, the Tech could win a tight one. Could be a crazy Tuesday regular season finale in the MIAA A Conference. Isn't this much more fun than the WCAC which is top heavy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we get this right it is spelled SPALDING not SPAULDING.... sheesh !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Standings:
Boys' Latin
St. Mary's
Archbishop Spalding
Calvert Hall
McDonogh
Severn
St. Paul's
Loyola Blakefield
Gilman
John Carroll
Mount St. Joseph

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is hoping BL and CH end up on the same side. Doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen.

BL vs CH in the Championship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Standings:
Boys' Latin
St. Mary's
Archbishop Spalding
Calvert Hall
McDonogh
Severn
St. Paul's
Loyola Blakefield
Gilman
John Carroll
Mount St. Joseph

Spaulding is in 4th. CH has the head to head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone is hoping BL and CH end up on the same side. Doesn’t look like that’s gonna happen.

Not me. That would make the best championship game. 2 best programs in a battle. Plus their kids go tot the games to cheer. That would be a great one like it has been for the past 40 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not me. That would make the best championship game. 2 best programs in a battle. Plus their kids go tot the games to cheer. That would be a great one like it has been for the past 40 years.

This would be best case scenario in a down year. Big name teams with great lacrosse history. Unlike the other MIAA teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spaulding St Marys final

STM wins they the best team in the league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spaulding St Marys final

STM wins they the best team in the league

Nope, Dark Horse gets itself righted and does get to final......but is beaten by a streaking St Pauls. Heard it here first. Mark it Dude !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the flip are you smoking bro? “We own a nice old house in the city’? You lose after that sentence. They “city” is the biggest arm pit in the entire country and Severna Park’s crappiest house is still better than your “nice old house” because it’s a beautiful place to live and well the “city” has the block and that great HBO show the “wire” which is actually a documentary. Keep smoking that skunk bud that you scored on the block and sleep well.

That's a lot of words to justify a $900K 1/10 acre vinyl sided lot backing up to Benfield Road.....just to attend the #30 ranked public school in MD....which was ranked #1 just 20 years ago. Pasadena South, basically.

Like Reply Quote
Page 207 of 325 1 2 205 206 207 208 209 324 325
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard