BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,863
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 189 of 214 1 2 187 188 189 190 191 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What was the score of the BBP v American Heritage game in MD last night?

7-6 AH

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sorry but anybody who doesn’t think being a solid performer in varsity hs lax matters is wrong imo. Day in day out game in game out you are modeling a college experience. As long as your HS is competitive, maybe because you are making it so. Travel is more important as a showcase but imo HS is where you learn to thrive as a producer. Seen so many tournament games that were supposed to matter not and just run of the mill HS games with WAY more intensity and guts. Point I’m trying to make is don’t discount HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how that works.Usually travel programs help get commitments and promote them as previously stated.Let me get this straight your player went to lax on committed already or are you on one of their teams?Just seems out of character.My kid played and trained with them and never had a problem.Not saying it didn’t happen just trying to get the big picture.Coaches usually don’t say that to other kids.Mostly that type of talk is between coaches and behind closed doors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The biggest difference is travel is a pay to be on the team.School ball is or should be the best your school has to offer.Also in general you wont see 20-24 kids see the field in a game.
Travel has the biggest impact on recruiting only because of the college coaches are available to see games but a strong HS team and coach is invaluable to growth and recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts in the first week in the books.Some good competition and close games decided by one goal.
Say over WH 7-6
BBP over RP 4-3
Harb over Esm 8-7
Solid defensive efforts by all the above.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats wrong with Newsday? They are not reporting stats for some team, and awards phantom points for others. On a different note, WM girls are a bunch of thugs. Worst sportsmanship I’ve ever seen. The coach should check their players inappropriate use of social media. Disgusting!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats wrong with Newsday? They are not reporting stats for some team, and awards phantom points for others. On a different note, WM girls are a bunch of thugs. Worst sportsmanship I’ve ever seen. The coach should check their players inappropriate use of social media. Disgusting!

The stats things are so bogus! They are not being kept properly by the schools. Only certain teams take it seriously and it’s to promote certain girls ! The Stats are dense at this point. Unless, they come up with away fur them to be accurate! Certain girls will have inflated stats on purpose and schools will report them. So? Forget the whole stats and judging girls on stats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You lose a game and come on here to call girls Thugs? I would call that an inappropriate use of social media. Maybe check your own posts before calling out other teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened with WM?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s disgusting is you stalking teenage girls social media accounts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to all teams, Problem is coaching and parenting. Coaches are crazy on the sidelines. Some of them need to maybe be removed from working with minors, because they are poor role models.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The stats things are so bogus! They are not being kept properly by the schools. Only certain teams take it seriously and it’s to promote certain girls ! The Stats are dense at this point. Unless, they come up with away fur them to be accurate! Certain girls will have inflated stats on purpose and schools will report them. So? Forget the whole stats and judging girls on stats.

Look at the so called stat leaders, their goals to assist ratios are non existent. Over 30 goals and very few assists. What kind of team player are they? Lacrosse like that is not fun for anyone on the field with them. Coaches let it slide and parents encourage it because she soooo good. Real players make everyone around them better, selfish players hog the ball and pad their stats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats up with the commmack dads? lot of hard talk for a soft town

you better hope none of your kids play for yj though i’d guess its unlikely after watching them today

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you better hope none of your kids play for yj though i’d guess its unlikely after watching them today

LMAO. It’s Long Island. Every town is soft. What are you from the Bronx? Clowns on this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unlikely? Please elaborate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before you come on here and label whole towns soft, can you let us know how many free position goals your stat padders scored? The refs definitely know who pays their summer salaries. Interesting how close it was before they had to inject themselves into the game. The Rose mafia wins again. It’s hard enough to play a talented team but next to impossible when the refs are so obviously biased. They are going to get someone hurt, just like in last year’s Semis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The whole yj offensive scheme is to charge, get a call, get a free shot, repeat. It is not real lacrosse and the refs play right into it. YJ used to be elite, now every age group is flooded with girls who never pass and charge into doubles while their parents run to BOTC to gloat about their greatness. The college transfer portal is filled with fmr YJs who leave in a year b/c they realize college playing time takes work and effort, not just Mommy and Daddy yelling,”Go to Goal!”. NCAA benches run deep with ‘has been’ YJ girls watching their teammates play a team game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

16 goals and only 6 assists?
How many 8 meter goals were handed to you by Rose’s refs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Commack has a few very very good players, some of whom do play for YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

16 Goals on 6 assists is a pretty good assist to goal ratio of 37% compare to games between the top 4 Div 1 teams

BC - NW 22%
BC- UNC 29%
NW - UNC 34%
Syr - UNC 23%
Syr - NW 41%

Pretty much How the game is played on all levels

True assists are hard to come by especially on the High School level . Even on the best HS teams players with the ability to catch and shoot in traffic or feed the ball properly is just not abundant.

Newsday stats are nonsense . Have seen multiple games reported with more assists then Goals ( Not Hockey )

Alot of goals does not necessarily mean a player is a ball hog. I know a college player that has 43 goals and only 7 assists but only 5 of the goals are unassisted smile is she a ball Hog ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 8 meter goals were handed to you by Rose’s refs?[/quote]

16 Goals on 6 assists is a pretty good assist to goal ratio of 37%

The question was how many were scored off of free position shots? Completely unbalanced officiating. They don’t even try to hide their bias.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

16 Goals on 6 assists is a pretty good assist to goal ratio of 37%

The question was how many were scored off of free position shots? Completely unbalanced officiating. They don’t even try to hide their bias.[/quote]

Sorry was just chiming in on a conversation that seems to always go on. Did not see the game, in fact have not seen a HS game in sometime, but do understand your frustration. Personally I believe it is more about the lack of consistency with refereeing and not so much about who the dominate personality of girls lacrosse is. I believe that officials tend to reward the most aggresive players. Did the team on the short end try to draw the calls ? or did they run a methodical patient offense ? And yes there are many coaches and programs that teach that go to the goal mentality and the art of drawing calls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

more who “played “ for YJ

those kids just had their recruiting impacted

enjoy playing for detroit loudmouth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't feel the refs reward the aggressive players, the problem is the talent is not like it used to be. Your best players today would be like number 10 on there team from years ago. The talent is so diluted and all you have are girls being taught by coaches who scream the whole game at the girls at the refs because of there lack of ability to coach a team of not so talented players. Coaches are only as good as the players they have and when the talent is so bad then it makes it for a worse overall game. Then you have all the entitled children and entitled parents who think that their child should be rewarded. Poor coaching, poor parenting and lack of talent is whats wrong with the game today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

more who “played “ for YJ

those kids just had their recruiting impacted

enjoy playing for detroit loudmouth

darn what did the motor city every do to you????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last 6 minutes excluded the St Anthony’s/Manhassett game was the best reffed girls high school game I’ve ever seen. They let the girls play and (until the last 6mins) didn’t insert themselves in the outcome of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't go by assist to goal ratio. Most of the score keepers don't know what qualifies as an assist. Plus I have seen more than one game where there were more assists than goals. How is that? Too subjective. Goals is the only real stat that is legit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last 6 minutes excluded the St Anthony’s/Manhassett game was the best reffed girls high school game I’ve ever seen. They let the girls play and (until the last 6mins) didn’t insert themselves in the outcome of the game.

Yes, I think it was one of the best reffed games I’ve seen in a long time as well. I think because the girls always tend to get more aggressive in the last minutes of the games, especially when a close game. The refs get more involved afraid someone is going to get hurt! I think that was the case? The Game was getting chippy at the end, girls getting a little more aggressive.

Overall, a very good game and so much fun to watch. Great match up! One of the best HS games I’ve seen in awhile. Congrats to both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't go by assist to goal ratio. Most of the score keepers don't know what qualifies as an assist. Plus I have seen more than one game where there were more assists than goals. How is that? Too subjective. Goals is the only real stat that is legit.

Enough with just goal stats! The game is so much more than that. That is why we have such selfish players playing these days! Just going for the goal stat. I would love to see the other stats recorded (newsday) and reward girls for the work that leads to those goals! It’s a team sport. Let’s not just focus on the goals. It takes a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enough with just goal stats! The game is so much more than that. That is why we have such selfish players playing these days! Just going for the goal stat. I would love to see the other stats recorded (newsday) and reward girls for the work that leads to those goals! It’s a team sport. Let’s not just focus on the goals. It takes a team.

Ha, hs scorers can't even get assists correct and you want additional stats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a disgrace to sports behavior. Where is the athletic director?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I think it was one of the best reffed games I’ve seen in a long time as well. I think because the girls always tend to get more aggressive in the last minutes of the games, especially when a close game. The refs get more involved afraid someone is going to get hurt! I think that was the case? The Game was getting chippy at the end, girls getting a little more aggressive.

Overall, a very good game and so much fun to watch. Great match up! One of the best HS games I’ve seen in awhile. Congrats to both teams.

Agreed. It was a fantastic game. So much fun to watch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speaking of refs…… how about that duo doing the BBP home games. Issuing cards like crazy. Never a call vs BBP

Can’t bring your refs to the playoffs…. We’ll see you for the rematch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Speaking of refs…… how about that duo doing the BBP home games. Issuing cards like crazy. Never a call vs BBP

Because BBP plays a clean game. Thug ball will never win games. Stop crying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok MS parent. Don’t the refs move around to the different HS games? Who picks what refs will be reffing the games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok MS parent. Don’t the refs move around to the different HS games? Who picks what refs will be reffing the games?

Hey BBP parent living in fantasy land. 9-0 should prob be 5-4. You’re losing in playoffs. Enjoy that bye.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m curious. Which four wins were really losses?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rocky point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m curious. Which four wins were really losses?

None. It looks like they had one tight game away at Rocky Point. Sayville, also away, was a 3-goal game. The rest were blowouts. Anyone can read the scores on section XI, I did. To say they win at home because of officiating is basically saying you can't read.

The once-great Mt Sinai is no more, and the parents haven't adjusted yet. Give them some time to grieve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every single post on this whole forum, every thread. Parents trolling each other over lax. It’s entertaining. Pathetic but entertaining.

Like Reply Quote
Page 189 of 214 1 2 187 188 189 190 191 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard