BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 112 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BLC beat LBC 10-5.

That doesn't say whether it was tight or not. I've seen 10-5 games which were one goal games with 3 minutes to go and 10-5 games that were 8-1 at the half.

4-2 BLC at half. Got to 10-4 and LBC scored the last goal of the day.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC beat LBC 10-5.

That doesn't say whether it was tight or not. I've seen 10-5 games which were one goal games with 3 minutes to go and 10-5 games that were 8-1 at the half.

SW was down 5-3 at half against heroes green and wheel fell off in last 6 mins.

It was tight until it wasn’t.

Depending on flow of game, 10-5 lbc / blc could have been tight for sure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw schedules for the Impulse tourney in early June.

Anyone else surprised that Coppermine is playing in the B bracket? Not sure how they get better by playing Limelight and Uproar. Only decent game for them will be renegades.

Will be curious to see if this continues for other big summer tourneys. If it does, I predict a pretty big exodus of their top players in late summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone else surprised that Coppermine is playing in the B bracket? Not sure how they get better by playing Limelight and Uproar. Only decent game for them will be renegades.

Will be curious to see if this continues for other big summer tourneys. If it does, I predict a pretty big exodus of their top players in late summer.

Might just be this tournament. Looks like their 2028s also aren't playing in top bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might just be this tournament. Looks like their 2028s also aren't playing in top bracket.

Yeah I think this is club wide. 2028s one of better teams in that age. At end of day, Coppermine doesn’t have the history behind its name.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This happened to them last year too from talking with a parent on the team. However the week before each Tournament their scheduled changed and they played one of the toughest schedule of any team outside of M&D, Hero’s and BLC because they always played them. I get the impression they would enjoy one tournament without seeing those three teams. Now their recent results from the Fall Tournaments could be the reason that Impluse placed them in B.

Not sure we’ll see many leave that team either. The girls that probably could leave I hear are happy and the ones that might consider leaving probably won’t make a higher tier team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah I think this is club wide. 2028s one of better teams in that age. At end of day, Coppermine doesn’t have the history behind its name.

Yeah, but neither does Crush who is in top bracket for 2028s, so who knows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have any of the schedules for the major summer tournaments been released online yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have any of the schedules for the major summer tournaments been released online yet?

Generally most summer tournaments who attract out of region teams post scheduled at least 6 weeks out so teams can plan hotels and in some cases, planes. More local tournament are sometimes 3-4 weeks.

Usually Live Love Lax and Lax for the Cure are released before the beginning of May.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for those that have been down this path with older daughters.... what is the down side to being on a B team. So for example, some 'B' teams are way better than some clubs A teams.

Is there a down side to being on a quality B team that plays among the A teams?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Integrity is a lot better than originally given credit for by some. NEMS turned it up this week big time against SW. Coppermine played well against TLC. LBC and BLC played a tight game. Then Hero’s and M&D are still the top two teams taking first in each Division. However the next two spots are up for grab between multiple teams.

I expect NEMS to continue to improve. They have been a half squad for the first few weeks. A handful of key players were doing soccer and getting healthy with injuries. The other girls stepped up and it’s been fun to watch. I expect their depth should only improve.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Integrity is a lot better than originally given credit for by some. NEMS turned it up this week big time against SW. Coppermine played well against TLC. LBC and BLC played a tight game. Then Hero’s and M&D are still the top two teams taking first in each Division. However the next two spots are up for grab between multiple teams.

I expect NEMS to continue to improve. They have been a half squad for the first few weeks. A handful of key players were doing soccer and getting healthy with injuries. The other girls stepped up and it’s been fun to watch. I expect their depth should only improve.

Being that they play a weak schedule, how will you know if they improve? They will have their hands full against whoever they play out of the South in the playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for those that have been down this path with older daughters.... what is the down side to being on a B team. So for example, some 'B' teams are way better than some clubs A teams.

I feel like Heros White is only team that can say they are better than some A teams, but as we saw with HW 2026, you are there only to serve A team, as soon as a kid shines, A team will take them or another top club, so there’s going to be lots of TO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel like Heros White is only team that can say they are better than some A teams, but as we saw with HW 2026, you are there only to serve A team, as soon as a kid shines, A team will take them or another top club, so there’s going to be lots of TO

The clubs with the top B teams generally are part of larger clubs with the best coaching. As you get older the quality of B teams gets much better. M&D Red is a top 30-40 team across most older age groups. Similar with Heros White.

At this age, all you should care about is level of coaching, quality of competiton and actually getting PT.

I think this class is going to be very interesting in a couple years. With so many quality BLC and pride girls, it will be interesting to see where the ones who don't make Capital go. I could see MD United picking up some very strong girls.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I would imagine that a lot of the best Heroes White girls will be looking to bounce to low / mid tier A team.

I think you will also see some better players from NEMS / COPPERMINE / etc test the waters with M&D. Personally I would rather play most of the game and be the "star" instead of being role player on M&D but the name alone draws players (plus they are really good)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The clubs with the top B teams generally are part of larger clubs with the best coaching. As you get older the quality of B teams gets much better. M&D Red is a top 30-40 team across most older age groups. Similar with Heros White.

At this age, all you should care about is level of coaching, quality of competiton and actually getting PT.

I think this class is going to be very interesting in a couple years. With so many quality BLC and pride girls, it will be interesting to see where the ones who don't make Capital go. I could see MD United picking up some very strong girls.

Agreed will be interesting. Pride does have a high school program, so that is still a potential option for those girls. Not the case for BLC. Wondering if any BLC 27s leave after this season to get a hopeful leg up before high school and in search of better coaching than what they have now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed will be interesting. Pride does have a high school program, so that is still a potential option for those girls. Not the case for BLC. Wondering if any BLC 27s leave after this season to get a hopeful leg up before high school and in search of better coaching than what they have now?

My guess is if any BLC girls don't plan to tryout for Capital, they will look to leave sooner rather than later. Interesting thing will be the coach of the 27 team has other daughters playing for sky walkers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s better to be on the worst A team than the best B team.
Coaches will be at your game.
B girls do not get called up to A teams. Except maybe goalies.
A teams are bursting at seams with available players. Parents howl when B girls are called up.
Get thee to an A team tryout stat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A teams are bursting at seams with available players. Parents howl when B girls are called up.

Its not better to be on the worst A team if you don't play or your team doesn't play in the top tourneys (eg. LBC)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Being that they play a weak schedule, how will you know if they improve? They will have their hands full against whoever they play out of the South in the playoffs.

Weak Schedule, just like M&D? They can’t do anything about it. Just play the games the league puts you in. Just have to see what happens in playoffs and the summer tourneys.

But I agree with the OP that winning league games with some new faces will only help them when they get healthy and get those regular starters back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where can we find the schedules for the Impulse Tourney?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not better to be on the worst A team if you don't play or your team doesn't play in the top tourneys (eg. LBC)

If you are not a starter on the worst A team, work up and get to be a starter. Pay for outside training.
If your team doesnt put you in the top tournaments and your team is not getting seen, i say there is a B team chomping at the bit to take your place. Call CR and do something!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is if any BLC girls don't plan to tryout for Capital, they will look to leave sooner rather than later. Interesting thing will be the coach of the 27 team has other daughters playing for sky walkers.

Well if they went to Skywalkers, they would definitely start and make them better overnight. They need 5-6 players to compete

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are not a starter on the worst A team, work up and get to be a starter. Pay for outside training.
If your team doesnt put you in the top tournaments and your team is not getting seen, i say there is a B team chomping at the bit to take your place. Call CR and do something!

Clearly this is posted from someone who has never been through the recruiting process. (Not that someone should be that concerned at this point for 27s)

The most important thing girls need to focus on from 8th to 10th grade is getting 4-5 good minutes of film and attending the right camps and prospect days. This gets you on coaches radar. If they are then interested they will come watch your games and invite you to private prospect days.

If you went to the Champions cup in Dallas there were many games with clubs outside the Top 100, with 20 plus coaches watching. Coaches come to watch players not teams. There are very few if any examples of kids who get recruited simply because a coach came to watch their top 10 team.

The biggest value of playing for a top club is the completion at practice on the youth and middle school teams. (Remember HS teams rarely practice and their best players often miss because of camps and prospect days. In my oldest daughters sophomore year I think she attended 5 practices and started a majority of games)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care? Must have an ax to grind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And realistically, how many BLC 2027s will make Capital - maybe 5 or 6?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bad take !!! Play at Sw , Heros or M&D second team and don’t call them B teams. You will be much better off than playing at TLC , Renegades , Check Hers , HOcO. More talent and better resources for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can we find the schedules for the Impulse Tourney?[/quote]

It looks like the divisions for Impulse are posted in the Tourney Machine app. The game schedules haven’t posted yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly this is posted from someone who has never been through the recruiting process. (Not that someone should be that concerned at this point for 27s)

The most important thing girls need to focus on from 8th to 10th grade is getting 4-5 good minutes of film and attending the right camps and prospect days. This gets you on coaches radar. If they are then interested they will come watch your games and invite you to private prospect days.

If you went to the Champions cup in Dallas there were many games with clubs outside the Top 100, with 20 plus coaches watching. Coaches come to watch players not teams. There are very few if any examples of kids who get recruited simply because a coach came to watch their top 10 team.

The biggest value of playing for a top club is the completion at practice on the youth and middle school teams. (Remember HS teams rarely practice and their best players often miss because of camps and prospect days. In my oldest daughters sophomore year I think she attended 5 practices and started a majority of games)

My middle daughter is at a mid tier A team, they practiced 2x per week all winter. We rented goals and although the hours were odd (really late Sunday / Wednesday) it was awesome. They have been doing this for 2 years and probably picked up 75 practices on their competition and it shows.

Official practice doesn’t start until early June but if you have dedicated coach, players and parents HS can practice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bad take !!! Play at Sw , Heros or M&D second team and don’t call them B teams. You will be much better off than playing at TLC , Renegades , Check Hers , HOcO. More talent and better resources for sure.

The M&D Red and Hero’s White might be okay in HS… Hero’s White currently is the best of them. But have you watched SW? The Blue team has a long way to go but will get there but that White team is a waste of money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are Capital going to pull kids from? I’d assume majority BLC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on how many tryout. If everyone does, it could be 10-12. But lots of the top players live in around Anne Arundel Country so geographically they have lots of options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s no way this can be determined at this point. Waste of time to try and figure out now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars, Pride, Next Level, and maybe a few of the top players from BLC most likely. Heard BLC was also possibly extending their program to try to keep the group together for high school. As a PP said, coach’s other child plays for Skywalkers, so that is a possibility. Not sure how much most of the parents want to stay with this current crop of parent coaches and players though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stars, Pride, Next Level, and maybe a few of the top players from BLC most likely. Heard BLC was also possibly extending their program to try to keep the group together for high school. As a PP said, coach’s other child plays for Skywalkers, so that is a possibility. Not sure how much most of the parents want to stay with this current crop of parent coaches and players though.

What’s wrong with the current crop of coaches and players? They seem to be a successful team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The M&D Red and Hero’s White might be okay in HS… Hero’s White currently is the best of them. But have you watched SW? The Blue team has a long way to go but will get there but that White team is a waste of money.

Here’s the truth about B teams in high school, they are pretty irrelevant.

For example, at presidents cup (the most important recruiting event) they would have 2-4 coaches max at a game.

Mid / bottom tier teams like TLC red had 8-12. Skywalkers / M&D had 18+ last year in Dallas at most games .

Around 9th grade you’ll be bottom roster of Top tier A and top of roster B all makes moves to A teams where they can play and get noticed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 27 Capital team will probably have the most girls from Pride and BLC with a few stars. Not sure why BLC would extend to HS as their teams after the 27s are basically rec teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why even play for a club in hs? Just go play for an IAAM team, get plenty of college looks, and be done with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here’s the truth about B teams in high school, they are pretty irrelevant.

For example, at presidents cup (the most important recruiting event) they would have 2-4 coaches max at a game.

Mid / bottom tier teams like TLC red had 8-12. Skywalkers / M&D had 18+ last year in Dallas at most games .

Around 9th grade you’ll be bottom roster of Top tier A and top of roster B all makes moves to A teams where they can play and get noticed

Remember coaches don't recruit teams, they recruit PLAYERS whose film they like or impressed them at a prospect day. Now admittedly, the top tier clubs have more players with great film and performance which is why more coaches at those games. No coach EVER goes to a game (especially at a recruiting tourney) without having a specific player or players to look at.

One of the most attended games at last year's presidents cup featured Seattle stars, a team outside the top 100, but has one of the top 5-10 players in the country who most coaches had never seen live.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why even play for a club in hs? Just go play for an IAAM team, get plenty of college looks, and be done with it.

It’s in the middle of the college season, coaches really aren’t attending games in mass like summer or fall . 2-3 max and usually local or playing local team.

Although the Clemson coach was at spsg practice the other day but that was probably a high school or club connection

Page 38 of 112 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard