BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,595
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 99 of 264 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 263 264
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
quote=Anonymous]Hawks are basically fielding a 14U team at 6th grade. Good on them for the close victory.

Every kid on the Hawks is either 11 or 12, but you think what you need to think to soothe your little man ego. It really takes a special kind of person to trash a group of kids with lies.

Hats off to NL. Great team, coaches, and parents.[/quote]
Now this is FAKE NEWS buddy… your 8 2027 holdbacks the last 2 years are not 11 and 12. You sir, are a fool.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next Level vs Hawks was a world class battle and so fun to watch. Congrats to both teams. It was like Balboa vs Creed. Somebody had to lose but both deserved to win. They are the clear cream of this crop.

Did Madlax blow the doors off of True?

Not exactly. 8-3. True is not particularly good on offense, although they’re scrappy. They’ve got a D Pole who might be 6’-3”. And he’s pretty solid. Made it tough to operate in close. They’ll handle BLC and maybe Crabs, but that’s it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please set aside the tired holdback talk for a second and focus on the action? I’d like to hear from Hawks partisans about what NL did to hold their vaunted offense to 8 goals in regulation. That’s gotta be a low for that squad over the past couple of seasons. Fluky, bad day for Hawks O? Or is NL’s D legit enough to topple the Hawks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the score of the Crabs/ True Annapolis game?
Crabs beat them in March 11-2

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]Hawks are basically fielding a 14U team at 6th grade. Good on them for the close victory.

Every kid on the Hawks is either 11 or 12, but you think what you need to think to soothe your little man ego. It really takes a special kind of person to trash a group of kids with lies.

Hats off to NL. Great team, coaches, and parents.

This is full blown BS. I happen to know a parent of a Hawks kid. Their son is 2 months younger than mine. Mine plays 2026.[/quote]

Oh man. Why didn’t you say so? Then it must be true!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What going on in QuadA? Turning out as expected?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know how old he Hawks kids are. But they play game the right way. They aren't bigger than everyone else, but they hustle, move the bally, and play unselfishly. Hats off to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now this is FAKE NEWS buddy… your 8 2027 holdbacks the last 2 years are not 11 and 12. You sir, are a fool.[/quote]

NL will get crushed by FCA later in the season. They haven’t been able to match with them at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Next Level is NOTICEABLY bigger than most teams including the Hawks, so that argument is null.[/quote]

It’s not. No one said anything about size but keep deflecting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now this is FAKE NEWS buddy… your 8 2027 holdbacks the last 2 years are not 11 and 12. You sir, are a fool.[/quote]

Come on Cab, you’re better than this. Recruit more Nov of 08s, makes coaching easier

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we please set aside the tired holdback talk for a second and focus on the action? I’d like to hear from Hawks partisans about what NL did to hold their vaunted offense to 8 goals in regulation. That’s gotta be a low for that squad over the past couple of seasons. Fluky, bad day for Hawks O? Or is NL’s D legit enough to topple the Hawks?

NL has a tough and relentless defense and outstanding goalie. Crabs scored 5 against them. Madlax notched 4. Hawks scored 9 in regulation. It was a great back and forth battle. They’ll play each other again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nah, Madlax beat them 7-2 the last time they played prior to 2 weeks ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was score of the crabs BLC game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax parent with my honest view. NL has a few very good and athletic defensive players and a very good and huge goalie. When they limit their rotation to just play these players, the defense is very good and I don’t think the result against us or the Hawks is a fluke. But I’m not sure it is sustainable for them to have such a large number of players on the sidelines that get little or no playing time for a 6th grade team. CM keeps our rotation tight, but for NL it seemed pretty extreme.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nah, Madlax beat them 7-2 the last time they played prior to 2 weeks ago.

Classic Madlax dad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax parent with my honest view. NL has a few very good and athletic defensive players and a very good and huge goalie. When they limit their rotation to just play these players, the defense is very good and I don’t think the result against us or the Hawks is a fluke. But I’m not sure it is sustainable for them to have such a large number of players on the sidelines that get little or no playing time for a 6th grade team. CM keeps our rotation tight, but for NL it seemed pretty extreme.

My guess is that NL's rotation will be much more robust for the remaining regular season games. A lot of second teamers played against Crabs in first game blowout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it is very sustainable. Teams like NL and ML will play the top 2/3 of the roster in big games for the next 5-6 years, and clear the bench against the weaker teams. The bottom 1/3 of the roster will either stick around for the privilege of practicing with the top players and getting occasional game time. Or, they will move to other programs where they play more. But there will always be a fresh supply of new players from lesser programs who consider NL or ML an upgrade to the big time, and are happy to fill the bottom third of the roster. The best players and worst players all pay the same amount, which is a lot, and most parents could care less about the cost. As business models go, it is about as sustainable as it gets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it is very sustainable. Teams like NL and ML will play the top 2/3 of the roster in big games for the next 5-6 years, and clear the bench against the weaker teams. The bottom 1/3 of the roster will either stick around for the privilege of practicing with the top players and getting occasional game time. Or, they will move to other programs where they play more. But there will always be a fresh supply of new players from lesser programs who consider NL or ML an upgrade to the big time, and are happy to fill the bottom third of the roster. The best players and worst players all pay the same amount, which is a lot, and most parents could care less about the cost. As business models go, it is about as sustainable as it gets.

I agree that model works. My point was that for NL it seemed even more limited than that. It looked like more than half the kids on the sideline never went in the game. The ML 27 team had a similar ratio and it caused all kinds of problems. Maybe DM can work it out, but it is bound to cause issues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML Dad - yikes, is last summer’s win over the Hawks after losing the 3 prior match ups in addition to losing a few weeks ago all you have contribute to the conversation?

NL/Hawks game was competitive and both teams deserved to win - FO game advantage for NL limited Hawks offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ML Dad - yikes, is last summer’s win over the Hawks after losing the 3 prior match ups in addition to losing a few weeks ago all you have contribute to the conversation?

NL/Hawks game was competitive and both teams deserved to win - FO game advantage for NL limited Hawks offense.

NL vs Hawks championship. Won’t be Madlax’s year I fear. FCA is a fraud. We’ll see how they fare in their Madlax- Hawks- Next Level gauntlet. I predict they go 0-3 there…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If— and a big IF— Madlax can find a FOGO, they’ll be back to beating those two teams on a regular basis. They didn’t even make one attempt with their first two FO guys against NL. Sent an LSM out for every draw. Pretty lame. Until that’s resolved, Madlax will struggle (they still had NL down 4-2 with 4 minutes left in the game, but alas, couldn’t win a FO).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NL vs Hawks championship. Won’t be Madlax’s year I fear. FCA is a fraud. We’ll see how they fare in their Madlax- Hawks- Next Level gauntlet. I predict they go 0-3 there…

Hawks beat FCA in first semi, Madlax beats NL in other semi— Hawks beat Madlax 7-6 to win it in the Finals. Book it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs won 12-5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FCA has not beat the Hawks for the past two years and never beat ML. They did beat NL a few times last year, but this year’s team is much improved. FCA is probably the underdog for the next three games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If— and a big IF— Madlax can find a FOGO, they’ll be back to beating those two teams on a regular basis. They didn’t even make one attempt with their first two FO guys against NL. Sent an LSM out for every draw. Pretty lame. Until that’s resolved, Madlax will struggle (they still had NL down 4-2 with 4 minutes left in the game, but alas, couldn’t win a FO).

When Madlax dads disparage kids on their own team... "but alas, couldn't win."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks don't hide formula for success: 3 team practices a week plus games. Most other clubs only go twice. Extra team practices pay off and kids play disciplined within the system. Other teams are free to do the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MadLax dads, do you realize how bad that makes you sound? 6th graders on your own son's team were playing hard and doing their best, and you are calling them out because, in your opinion, your son played his position just fine, but the FO guys let the team down. Sixth graders. You're not as anonymous as you think. Take a breath and think about that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks don't hide formula for success: 3 team practices a week plus games. Most other clubs only go twice. Extra team practices pay off and kids play disciplined within the system. Other teams are free to do the same.

How good were the 28 hawks three years ago? Before all the 2027s came down?

Lol or is that not a part of the “formula.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right - all 4 of the players who came down from 2027 Hawks (3 with July/August 2009 birthdays and a 2010) are the reason Hawks are so good…keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better! Everyone has seen on the field, those summer birthdays aren’t giving them tremendous amounts of size and you are a fool to think that a 4-8 wk bday advantage or playing up for a year or two is giving them some kind of leg up in stick skills/conditioning in an elite level league. If you didn’t know who those players were, you would be hard pressed to pick them out from the other players because Hawks have multiple good players across all positions - and, spoiler, a significant majority have all been playing 2028 since the beginning - they just weren’t all on Hawks. Many joined last year and they picked up a few more players this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How good were the 28 hawks three years ago? Before all the 2027s came down?

Lol or is that not a part of the “formula.”

Hawks picked up 5 players last year from a good Green Hornets team that played in elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. How good were they in 3rd grade?! 😒

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs won 12-5

Can somebody share some info about the Crabs 2028 team? How is the coaching and overall level of talent. Do they expect to stock up with holdbacks and pull even with MadLax, NL, and Hawks within the next year or so?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs won 12-5

Can somebody share some info about the Crabs 2028 team? How is the coaching and overall level of talent. Do they expect to stock up with holdbacks and pull even with MadLax, NL, and Hawks within the next year or so?
I'm sure the holdbacks will arrive next year and half the starters will move to a new team. The question is which new team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs currently have nice players and nice coaching.

They won’t be dominant until the 8th grade reclassifications and they grab 3-4 out of state kids which is the normal routine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right - all 4 of the players who came down from 2027 Hawks (3 with July/August 2009 birthdays and a 2010) are the reason Hawks are so good…keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better! Everyone has seen on the field, those summer birthdays aren’t giving them tremendous amounts of size and you are a fool to think that a 4-8 wk bday advantage or playing up for a year or two is giving them some kind of leg up in stick skills/conditioning in an elite level league. If you didn’t know who those players were, you would be hard pressed to pick them out from the other players because Hawks have multiple good players across all positions - and, spoiler, a significant majority have all been playing 2028 since the beginning - they just weren’t all on Hawks. Many joined last year and they picked up a few more players this year.

You sound like a Hawks dad who’s kid is riding the bench. Go away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post is laughable. holdbacks are holdbacks. Your kids were average 27s so you made the switch. Good for you but don’t make excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post is laughable. holdbacks are holdbacks. Your kids were average 27s so you made the switch. Good for you but don’t make excuses.

You obviously know these guys. Why not just go up to them and share your thoughts in person?

Let's face it — we all know why, including you, little man.

But, sure, keep talking about holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the father of one of the holdbacks. He has a severe learning disability that was becoming problematic. Not every thing is about sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You obviously know these guys. Why not just go up to them and share your thoughts in person?

Let's face it — we all know why, including you, little man.

But, sure, keep talking about holdbacks.

Hold backs are part of the game just like crappy officiating. Push to get the rules changed if you feel so strongly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or how about just objective, stating the obvious, not utterly blind to the obvious. Unlike Hawks parents who are somehow under the impression their team has never ever lost a game and the kids are just the best at every single position on the field. Yet they’ve lost to like three or four different teams in the last nine months.

Like Reply Quote
Page 99 of 264 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard