BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,781
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 69 1 2 66 67 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard the Long Island club kids who went to the Jake Reed did very well. quite a few are getting looks from major schools

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have heard the Long Island club kids who went to the Jake Reed did very well. quite a few are getting looks from major schools

Yes, if you consider Nassau CC a major school.
Dream on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got a letter in the mail today from one...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word is Channy is building another super team for next year...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In New [lacrosse] High schools the oldest age you can be eligible at is the age is 19, essentially they allow for one hold back year. I dont really care, because once you are in college it is a free for all. Look at the kid from Cornell this year, he was close to 25. get used to it now and you will be better off later.no pain no gain

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the try out season upon us, do we expect any major changes or mergers with the private organizations. Any Boys moving to other teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes - and one that plans on rivaling the Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seen this movie before ...

Yes - and one that plans on rivaling the Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same story every year. Wasn't that the reason he created the Terps Black? Let it go, he will not be able to compete with the Turtles. Super team, for what? to lose more games to other programs? and charge the rumored fee of $3200?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you hold back a child in the 9th grade (repeats 9th grade) and that student is in advanced/honors courses, you may benefit by taking college courses in your Jr & Sr years of HS. This allows you to garner college credits prior to enrollment, which will also gives you a leg up on the general population of your college grad year peers.

Then if you are a qualified college student (not in an ivy league school) you could have a grad year under your belt in your last playing year of college.

Which works to your benefit, because you can have your second grad year be your internship year. Becasue, dont be fooled, the work environment after college is definitely looking for those students with internships (especially for those students who are athletes that may not have been able to crack that 3.5 level due to their sports committments) so keep that all in mind.

If you dont believe me ask many of those LI boys who are home from school who played and cant find a job!

Because we all know the MLL teams do not pay like the other sports.

Remember if you would have known what you know now back in '98/'99, you may have planned things a bit differently.

Here is my final post on out of state kids and age. Primarily reffering to MD and
PA private school kids. My friend's son is rising sophomore at well known prep school near Philly which plays in that very well known highly recruited league down there. I will not name the school nor the kids. His son is age appropriate for his grade. I asked him what the deal was with holding kids back? He says it is an epidemic. Just this weekend he met the father of an incoming freshman to his son's school. This young man turned 15 in December of 2012. He will be 16 on the first day of Lacrosse as a freshman. He will be 19 and a half when he graduates. If he goes to Jake Reed next summer as a rising sophomore he will be competing against 14 year olds. If he has any ability, do we think he might standout? He also plays on a well known travel team at the 2017 level. Because thats the year he graduates. Now imagine this scenario playing out over and over. Sorry fellow Long Islanders we are be played.....

The only way around this for NY kids is to PG after high school or leave HS early for a prohibitively expensive (for most of us) private boarding school and "reclassify". Or just not worry about it and let your kids follow any path that presents itself in the current structure.

Pretty sure there is an age rule (at least in most pg states) that the player can't reach his 20th bday during the season of his sport or maybe turn 20 on or before aug 1st of that year. That's right, 20, not 19!! This is going to blow most minds but the big pg schools are in states with this age rule. Although this was most popular with hockey, it has now filtered down to lax. I'm just passing info along to try to inform parents interested with this topic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rumor on the street is Team 91 is raiding the Terps Black program. One kid has already left. I heard in return Terps Black is raiding fl$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolute garbage... Nice attempt at justifying cheating other kids. If you're SOOOO concerned about academics and job opportunities go D3. If you have decent grades and can play, you'll get way more money than the average D1 kid. Also, you'll have the time to do internships and all the rest. Oh yeah, sit with a D3 coach and ask them how many of their seniors have jobs?? You'll be amazed... And if your kid is so smart, there are schools that rival the Ivys in academic prestige... Nice try, not buying your BS.

If you hold back a child in the 9th grade (repeats 9th grade) and that student is in advanced/honors courses, you may benefit by taking college courses in your Jr & Sr years of HS. This allows you to garner college credits prior to enrollment, which will also gives you a leg up on the general population of your college grad year peers.

Then if you are a qualified college student (not in an ivy league school) you could have a grad year under your belt in your last playing year of college.

Which works to your benefit, because you can have your second grad year be your internship year. Becasue, dont be fooled, the work environment after college is definitely looking for those students with internships (especially for those students who are athletes that may not have been able to crack that 3.5 level due to their sports committments) so keep that all in mind.

If you dont believe me ask many of those LI boys who are home from school who played and cant find a job!

Because we all know the MLL teams do not pay like the other sports.

Remember if you would have known what you know now back in '98/'99, you may have planned things a bit differently.

Here is my final post on out of state kids and age. Primarily reffering to MD and
PA private school kids. My friend's son is rising sophomore at well known prep school near Philly which plays in that very well known highly recruited league down there. I will not name the school nor the kids. His son is age appropriate for his grade. I asked him what the deal was with holding kids back? He says it is an epidemic. Just this weekend he met the father of an incoming freshman to his son's school. This young man turned 15 in December of 2012. He will be 16 on the first day of Lacrosse as a freshman. He will be 19 and a half when he graduates. If he goes to Jake Reed next summer as a rising sophomore he will be competing against 14 year olds. If he has any ability, do we think he might standout? He also plays on a well known travel team at the 2017 level. Because thats the year he graduates. Now imagine this scenario playing out over and over. Sorry fellow Long Islanders we are be played.....

The only way around this for NY kids is to PG after high school or leave HS early for a prohibitively expensive (for most of us) private boarding school and "reclassify". Or just not worry about it and let your kids follow any path that presents itself in the current structure.

Pretty sure there is an age rule (at least in most pg states) that the player can't reach his 20th bday during the season of his sport or maybe turn 20 on or before aug 1st of that year. That's right, 20, not 19!! This is going to blow most minds but the big pg schools are in states with this age rule. Although this was most popular with hockey, it has now filtered down to lax. I'm just passing info along to try to inform parents interested with this topic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rumor on the street is Team 91 is raiding the Terps Black program. One kid has already left. I heard in return Terps Black is raiding fl$.

Ok? And we care why? From here on in its all about school ball, this summer stuff is fun but its all for show. More about parents egos and money hungry clubs than it is about the kids. Unless your on one of the top teams no college coaches are looking at club ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok? And we care why? From here on in its all about school ball, this summer stuff is fun but its all for show. More about parents egos and money hungry clubs than it is about the kids. Unless your on one of the top teams no college coaches are looking at club ball.

1 kid left and you feel that the program is doomed... LOL. Team Sport last time I looked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Raiding"? or are kids looking elsewhere because they weren't happy where they were. Come on, every year kids make moves looking for a better fit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess, this is the same kid who has been on three different teams in three years? You must right, its the program thats at fault!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me guess, this is the same kid who has been on three different teams in three years? You must right, its the program thats at fault!

No one said it was the programs fault. Just kids & parents looking for the right fit for themselves . No one program is that for everyone. This kid may go to a different program next year also, that's their choice. The point is, programs aren't "raiding" each other, just allowing kids to tryout & hoping its the right fit on both sides.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 kid left and you feel that the program is doomed... LOL. Team Sport last time I looked.

I for one hope the kids leaving black are the ones that shouldn't have been on it in the first place - as add ons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I for one , are you a Black Terp parent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That team has huge potential. A few tweaks and that team is as good as any I've seen. In the end, there were just too many players, as well as no depth past the first lines. The coaching during practices was excellent when it was only the black team. Too many kids at practices in the end was a waste of time. My 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That team has huge potential. A few tweaks and that team is as good as any I've seen. In the end, there were just too many players, as well as no depth past the first lines. The coaching during practices was excellent when it was only the black team. Too many kids at practices in the end was a waste of time. My 2 cents.

Too many kids, as well as no depth past the first lines? That doesn't sound like a good situation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess u need to recruit more kids repeating the grade. 3 of your middies should be going into 10th grade. That is a fact. Please don't tell me the u15 bull. If you turned 15 before dec 1, you should be in 10th grade. And the one middie that repeated 8th grade and now going to Chaminade. It is wrong. And sad that they can get away with it. Just my 2 cents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps Black has a strong group of core player.None of these core kids are going to leave. First ,they have a great on field chemistry, second they really like the coaches and third they have built great friendships amongst each other. The issue is that there are too many kids on the team, and many of them are marginal. Channy had to play them since they wrote the check . Once they get it down to a smaller more manageable team everything will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps Black has a strong group of core player.None of these core kids are going to leave. First ,they have a great on field chemistry, second they really like the coaches and third they have built great friendships amongst each other. The issue is that there are too many kids on the team, and many of them are marginal. Channy had to play them since they wrote the check . Once they get it down to a smaller more manageable team everything will be fine.

Come on down to Baltimore...Terps can't beat top 4 teams here (Crabs, Breakers, FCA or VLC)..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

come on down to Baltimore...Terps can't beat top 4 teams here (Crabs, Breakers, FCA or VLC)..

Why do they have to travel the Terps black can't beat the Turtles, True Blue's A team, 91 orange, or the Outlaws A team right here on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Channy had to play them because they wrote the check? That is classic!! He shouldn't have taken the checks if they were "Marginal". Wasn't this to be the team of ALL teams this year? He keeps taking checks & the same thing happens again & again & again. Its the same story every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Channy had to play them because they wrote the check? That is classic!! He shouldn't have taken the checks if they were "Marginal". Wasn't this to be the team of ALL teams this year? He keeps taking checks & the same thing happens again & again & again. Its the same story every year.

Things do change -- the checks and rosters get bigger every year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

come on down to Baltimore...Terps can't beat top 4 teams here (Crabs, Breakers, FCA or VLC)..

Why do they have to travel the Terps black can't beat the Turtles, True Blue's A team, 91 orange, or the Outlaws A team right here on LI.

Very simple to answer...

any time, anywhere, any place.........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Change the focus for a minute - who wins the Suffolk and Nassau champs in 2017?

Suffolk
A. Smithtown West
B. Sayville
C. Shoreham

Nassau
A. Syosset
B. Garden City
C. Cold Spring Harbor
C.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good bets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your really predicting 4 years from now. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're right on with regard to the core group of players.this group of kids are dynamic. Mistakes were made with adding on players that just didnt belong. This will change going forward and whatever this new team ends up as will be a very strong team that can and will compete with anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The black team was deluted with regular terp players and even some "b" kids who didn't make original first team. That became a problem in the end because one could clearly see these players just did not belong there. This took incredible patience from members and their parents affected but as everyone knows this was a learning year; A skill building year. Next year is important and this team has an incredible foundation to work with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess u need to recruit more kids repeating the grade. 3 of your middies should be going into 10th grade. That is a fact. Please don't tell me the u15 bull. If you turned 15 before dec 1, you should be in 10th grade. And the one middie that repeated 8th grade and now going to Chaminade. It is wrong. And sad that they can get away with it. Just my 2 cents

Wow. Don't hold back! Hope your kid isn't a rising freshman cause it sure sounds like its gonna be a LONGGGGGG four years if he is!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps Black destroyed the breakers 12-1 in the fall, beat True Blue and have beaten the Outlaws top team many times. they have also beaten the Dukes several times. Games at the Crabfest were reduced to 8 minute running time which is not indicative of much. Taams get up by one goal and then run out the clock. Terps are willing to play any one any time . Just call Channy and set it up. Dont put it on the Terps players that their coach has too many kids on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Change the focus for a minute - who wins the Suffolk and Nassau champs in 2017?

Suffolk
A. Smithtown West
B. Sayville
C. Shoreham

Nassau
A. Syosset
B. Garden City
C. Cold Spring Harbor
C.

Dont short change West Islip and Bay Shore!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am an Express kid on the 2016 team ,I wish all you parents would quit ripping on the 2017 Express kids. Sometimes these guys play up and we really like it when they play on our team. They are unselfish and very athletic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The black team was deluted with regular terp players and even some "b" kids who didn't make original first team. That became a problem in the end because one could clearly see these players just did not belong there. This took incredible patience from members and their parents affected but as everyone knows this was a learning year; A skill building year. Next year is important and this team has an incredible foundation to work with.

Isn't that what was said last year? (& the year before, & the year before) The Terps were formed in September, correct? & Channy kept taking the checks after? Then, The "Black" team was formed to placate the parents because there were too many kids added,& kids were moved, added, dropped, etc. You are right, there is a good core group of kids that belong on a team that does right by them. Why stay where they keep doing this? I don't get it. It makes for some VERY angry parents (& some ridiculous posts) Good luck to these boys. Remember, there is a whole big world outside of Epressland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think all the Terp black kids, will always be better then the Terp kids? We will chat in 2 years, let's see if your man enough to tell the true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy does a great job with the boys on each team. They all like playing for him. Everyone has improved a lot over the course of the last year. At the end of the day, most people parents still want their sons on the Express, no matter what team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 68 of 69 1 2 66 67 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard