BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 69 of 220 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer lax nearly over....What will we do without our favorite overweight YJ PSYCHO MOMMY. She stirs the pot so well!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow it is so sad to see the posts on this board. The fact that there is such a board is even more disturbing. We are talking about kids... Girls that have chosen to do positive healthy activities as opposed to making bad choices that would change their lives forever. BOTC why do you not try a day of positive posting as opposed to this garbage you call " information that is so needed and wanted by the lacrosse community."
You could start with this one...
Yes, I was at the Va. Tournament and I saw a lot of talented girls play lacrosse, some wore purple tops and some wore yellow, I even saw white and blue, but they were teenage girls who were there to make a positive change in their futures, and I commend them for that and wish each and every one success.
Negative feedback.... need not reply

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow it is so sad to see the posts on this board. The fact that there is such a board is even more disturbing.
The fact that you might find the material distrurbing is reflection of parents. Since you want to be so known for putting your opinion out there, exactly who are you? Another "ghost" who wants to lecture the lacrosse world about what can and cannot be published at their convenience.

We are talking about kids... Girls that have chosen to do positive healthy activities as opposed to making bad choices that would change their lives forever. BOTC why do you not try a day of positive posting as opposed to this garbage you call " information that is so needed and wanted by the lacrosse community."
Before you decide to lecture us regarding posted content and board moderation, familiarize yourself with the BOTC Board Rules.

Yes, I was at the Va. Tournament and I saw a lot of talented girls play lacrosse, some wore purple tops and some wore yellow, I even saw white and blue, but they were teenage girls who were there to make a positive change in their futures, and I commend them for that and wish each and every one success.
Great - yours is one of thousands of such positive posts that you will find on BOTC. Maybe you are just tired from the drive? Thanks for contributing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did not intend to be a ghost who lectures on the opinions of others, who was tired from the drive home. I am sorry you misconstrued my intention to express sadness over the majority of the content of this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow it is so sad to see the posts on this board. The fact that there is such a board is even more disturbing. We are talking about kids... Girls that have chosen to do positive healthy activities as opposed to making bad choices that would change their lives forever. BOTC why do you not try a day of positive posting as opposed to this garbage you call " information that is so needed and wanted by the lacrosse community."

Here is something positive...The game between TG 2020 Black and YJ 2020 Curcio at All Star Express was a great game to watch, and was the kind of game that you hoped for when you sign up for travel lacrosse. The best part was that there was zero bickering going on , all the hype you read about here, Pyscho daddy's , Psycho mommies etc...None of that, just a game played hard on both ends. Girls know each other well, and hugged before and after game. These teams will be fun to watch the next couple of years. Worth the trip for that reason alone.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is something positive...The game between TG 2020 Black and YJ 2020 Curcio at All Star Express was a great game to watch, and was the kind of game that you hoped for when you sign up for travel lacrosse. The best part was that there was zero bickering going on , all the hype you read about here, Pyscho daddy's , Psycho mommies etc...None of that, just a game played hard on both ends. Girls know each other well, and hugged before and after game. These teams will be fun to watch the next couple of years. Worth the trip for that reason alone.

Agreed, that game and the skywalker 2020 match up were great to watch. Someone should arrange invitational tournament series where YJ, TG, M&D, skywalkers etc get to play every tournament. Way it stands now you have to endure 10 blowout games for every good match up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMEN smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer lax nearly over....What will we do without our favorite overweight YJ PSYCHO MOMMY. She stirs the pot so well!
I think she started thte FAF plan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She must be FAF. Her kid is not really that good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is something positive...The game between TG 2020 Black and YJ 2020 Curcio at All Star Express was a great game to watch, and was the kind of game that you hoped for when you sign up for travel lacrosse. The best part was that there was zero bickering going on , all the hype you read about here, Pyscho daddy's , Psycho mommies etc...None of that, just a game played hard on both ends. Girls know each other well, and hugged before and after game. These teams will be fun to watch the next couple of years. Worth the trip for that reason alone. [/quote]

Agreed, that game and the skywalker 2020 match up were great to watch. Someone should arrange invitational tournament series where YJ, TG, M&D, skywalkers etc get to play every tournament. Way it stands now you have to endure 10 blowout games for every good match up. [/quot

Couldn't agree more smile

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team is this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote] Here is something positive...The game between TG 2020 Black and YJ 2020 Curcio at All Star Express was a great game to watch, and was the kind of game that you hoped for when you sign up for travel lacrosse. The best part was that there was zero bickering going on , all the hype you read about here, Pyscho daddy's , Psycho mommies etc...None of that, just a game played hard on both ends. Girls know each other well, and hugged before and after game. These teams will be fun to watch the next couple of years. Worth the trip for that reason alone. [/quote]

I would love to see TG, YJ, M&D and SW get together 4-5 times a year to scrimmage each other. we would all benefit from it. The kids have zero problems with each other and find it funny that some of their friends play for rival clubs.

At the end of the day, our girls would benefit from some real competition. I don't care if you are a parent from any of these 4 clubs, our kids would benefit from playing each-other over and over. Let's stop the Madness... YJ, TG, M&D and SW are in a different league than most of the other teams. The kids will enjoy the rivalry as long as the parents don't ruin it for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She must be FAF. Her kid is not really that good.
I hate to ask this, but what is FAF and what age group are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would love to see TG, YJ, M&D and SW get together 4-5 times a year to scrimmage each other. we would all benefit from it. The kids have zero problems with each other and find it funny that some of their friends play for rival clubs.

At the end of the day, our girls would benefit from some real competition. I don't care if you are a parent from any of these 4 clubs, our kids would benefit from playing each-other over and over. Let's stop the Madness... YJ, TG, M&D and SW are in a different league than most of the other teams. The kids will enjoy the rivalry as long as the parents don't ruin it for them.
I agree. There is nothing worse than driving to another state just to beat up on 5 of the six teams you play. It would be great if they kept M/D, TG, YJ and SW in the same brackets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone explained to me that it depends upon the format of the tournament if it is a tournament where they will crown a champion, it is not fair to put those four clubs in one bracket since only one will make it to the playoffs whereas if it is a 'showcase'? type, the organizers should put the best teams in one bracket sort of how the all star express was. Makes sense to me!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
In the soccer world, teams are sorted into tournaments on strength, so like plays like. There is not an overall tournament champ but a number of champs, one per each division. Personally, I prefer that model. I'd rather play teams similar to my own and have good games than blowouts.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
In the soccer world, teams are sorted into tournaments on strength, so like plays like. There is not an overall tournament champ but a number of champs, one per each division. Personally, I prefer that model. I'd rather play teams similar to my own and have good games than blowouts.
Powderfinger, we would have to agree with you on this. If you look at the U15 Girls National Championship thread, 56% of pool play games were decided by 10 goals or more in order to have all 32 teams "compete" for a national title.

The fact is that the lacrosse national scene is still not that deep. We believe that no more than a dozen teams at very most could lay their hands on the U15 Girls National title. Given that, why not create brackets that would accomodate such a structure.

This is another reason why US Lacrosse needs to create national championships at multiple age groups, but that is the subject for a completely different line of discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. There is nothing worse than driving to another state just to beat up on 5 of the six teams you play. It would be great if they kept M/D, TG, YJ and SW in the same brackets.

Problem is then you would be beating up those teams in the playoffs. That is why brackets are set up the way they are. Maybe keep it as divisional champs instead of overall and keep top teams in same bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem is then you would be beating up those teams in the playoffs. That is why brackets are set up the way they are. Maybe keep it as divisional champs instead of overall and keep top teams in same bracket.

The new trend will be all of the top teams will be in the same bracket as they approach recruiting age because the college coaches want it that way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is SW

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is SW
Sky Walkers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is SW

Sky Walkers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SkyWalkers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is SW

Skywalkers Maryland

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

No, not if tournaments are set up like soccer tournaments, where teams are placed in divisions according to strength. Like plays like, and there are division champs instead of tournament champs. I wish lacrosse would do this. [lacrosse], I wish Section XI would do this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to see the girls finally got a uniform upgrade for the national championships. The photos are too funny. Aside from that, great job and congrats!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First 2020 season in the books. How would you say it went ? Beating YJ was sweet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First 2020 season in the books. How would you say it went ? Beating YJ was sweet.

PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST NOTHING GOOD WILL COME OF IT!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad to see the girls finally got a uniform upgrade for the national championships. The photos are too funny. Aside from that, great job and congrats!

The whole uniform thing is getting old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think she started thte FAF plan.
If she is from the 2019 team, this is too funny. She does seem to be connected though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw a few TG black players have jumped ship already, both YJ and TG tryouts should be interesting this year.Parents are starting to realize in general that there is a lot more opportunity over at YJ and that SS will not be able to have the involvement that they joined the club for.Looking down the road do they want to play for a club that is run by BS.Yes I think SS is an awesome coach but how long before another program with deeper pockets ,better facilities,and a lot more to offer steals her away.On the other hand all is not well in YJ land especially for the so called lower level players who now realize they are going to be moved down or realize they will not be moved up due to the shear numbers of kids playing YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw a few TG black players have jumped ship already, both YJ and TG tryouts should be interesting this year.Parents are starting to realize in general that there is a lot more opportunity over at YJ and that SS will not be able to have the involvement that they joined the club for.Looking down the road do they want to play for a club that is run by BS.Yes I think SS is an awesome coach but how long before another program with deeper pockets ,better facilities,and a lot more to offer steals her away.On the other hand all is not well in YJ land especially for the so called lower level players who now realize they are going to be moved down or realize they will not be moved up due to the shear numbers of kids playing YJ.

Where did they jump to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh ok Richard (insert nickname)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WhicH Years?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did they jump to?

They are jumping where they can. They realize that the program can't win a game and YJ's are always winning everything. Oh wait, they just won the U15 national championship, maybe they will stay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did they jump to?

Just wondering how players on any team can jump ship when no tryouts have been held yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh ok Richard (insert nickname)

Curious what was said that you have an issue with, instead of making a lame attempt at humor why not tell us what was stated that has no basis in reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let them jump!! Makes more room for those of us who really want to be there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let them jump!! Makes more room for those of us who really want to be there!

Great point! If anybody wants to go - GOODBYE!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay I will bite, season was fair to good.National draw was a nightmare, beating YJ was good but thought the game was poorly played by both sides. Knowing many of the kids on both sides I would say YJ played all equally in game while TG did not, which is part of the problem. I think team is well coached in practice but come game time it seems we play PAL style in close games, get the ball to a couple kids who force their way to goal which will not work as kids get older.Team has many talented kids and a bunch who are a step down, politics also come into play as in which parents are paying for privates with who and how that affects playing time.Speaking with a friend who plays YJ said only once during the season was playing time clearly unequal and that was in game against MD.

Like Reply Quote
Page 69 of 220 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard