BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,881
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 112 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To not take a vacation because of a 7th grade lacrosse game is ludicrous. I can see defaulting to an NGLL game over another sport since lacrosse is a spring sport, but family vacations trump a game any day.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL decided to start the season in the middle of private school spring break. The season should start the third weekend in March, not the second.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coppermine 6-3 over Hero's White
MD United 9-6 over NEMS

Biggest shocker to me is Skywalkers rolling TLC.

Soccer and vacations played a big part in these three games. Heard Coppermine had one sub so slowed down the pace of the game while Hero’s was missing a few including their goalie but the result was expected. NEMS was missing several key players due to soccer so this score may be misleading. TLC only had nine I heard so had to forfeit.

7th grade club lax and people are “taking vacations”, go play rec if you aren’t into big time competitive lacrosse, no shame in that.

Imagine paying over 2K for a competitive lax club then bailing on Inseason games for a vacation. Way to teach your kid about being part of a team and dedication.

I understand nobody cares about this grade yet but do feel sorry for the girls that gave something up to be available and had to forfeit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how you figure Cavalier is a strong team looking at that score. I don’t see them winning a game this year.

I watched the game. They competed and we scored a bunch later. We will win some NGLL games by a lot more than this. I would be shocked if they don't beat Stars this weekend by 5+. Also think their games at Heros B and Integrity will pretty much be 50-50. Heros A is the only team they play who i think will blow them out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD United 9-6 over NEMS

Soccer and vacations played a big part in these three games. Heard Coppermine had one sub so slowed down the pace of the game while Hero’s was missing a few including their goalie but the result was expected. NEMS was missing several key players due to soccer so this score may be misleading. TLC only had nine I heard so had to forfeit.

Doesn't TLC have a B team? if so, there is no reason for a forfeit. Also some 28 games were reschedule due to roster availability, another reason a forfeit makes no sense.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD United 9-6 over NEMS

7th grade club lax and people are “taking vacations”, go play rec if you aren’t into big time competitive lacrosse, no shame in that.

Imagine paying over 2K for a competitive lax club then bailing on Inseason games for a vacation. Way to teach your kid about being part of a team and dedication.

I understand nobody cares about this grade yet but do feel sorry for the girls that gave something up to be available and had to forfeit.

Seriously. I also feel sorry for the loyal girls & families. For the very top clubs, this is the about the age girls who miss a game get benched the next game, and rightfully so.

And it was not in "the middle" of spring break. How hard is it to go away for 5-7 days but return in time for the game? Seems like there are some parents on here defending their daughter's absence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL decided to start the season in the middle of private school spring break. The season should start the third weekend in March, not the second.

So NGLL should start based on accommodations for private school kids? Ok. Lol

Classic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most people that book Spring Break vacations do so long before the NGLL schedule is out, especially if flying somewhere warm. Maybe the strategy is to vacation Mon-Fri and leave weekends out for Spring Break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why default to the private school's spring break schedule? There are multiple weeks of spring break starting now until easter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how you figure Cavalier is a strong team looking at that score. I don’t see them winning a game this year.

I watched the game. They competed and we scored a bunch later. We will win some NGLL games by a lot more than this. I would be shocked if they don't beat Stars this weekend by 5+. Also think their games at Heros B and Integrity will pretty much be 50-50. Heros A is the only team they play who i think will blow them out.

That's a tall statement that they'd beat Stars by +5. This same Cavalier team lost to a rec team in winter league, Lost to VA Metro and didn't play Stars A team. Plus they were in a division with half the teams that were 28s.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To not take a vacation because of a 7th grade lacrosse game is ludicrous. I can see defaulting to an NGLL game over another sport since lacrosse is a spring sport, but family vacations trump a game any day.

I mean we plan on vacation around the schedule, just make sure we are back before a possible NGLL game. Cut it short by a day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a tall statement that they'd beat Stars by +5. This same Cavalier team lost to a rec team in winter league, Lost to VA Metro and didn't play Stars A team. Plus they were in a division with half the teams that were 28s.

I'm just saying what I saw with my own eyes based on their performance. I guess time will tell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavalier only scored 3, so not sure where a bunch is coming from but that's OK.

We'll find out next week who the better team is - Stars vs. Cavalier on March 27. Nice to see it settled on the field. After the season, if we don't already know now, we'll learn where everyone stands. For the record, I think Stars beats Cavalier this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if next year the NGLL decided to play games on the Saturday before Easter, would that be cool with everyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if next year the NGLL decided to play games on the Saturday before Easter, would that be cool with everyone?

I mean they've never done that before, not sure why they would start now, but if they did, I'd vacation Sunday through Friday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter would be there and even if played on Easter. There are plenty of different Mass options to still go to church.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC and Skywalkers played a full game and Skywalkers won. They just played 10v10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLC and Skywalkers played a full game and Skywalkers won. They just played 10v10.

So the 10-1 was legit? So much misinformation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because they played the full game doesn't mean it wasn't a forfeit. They have to have 12v12 ready and it seems they didn't.

Per NGLL Rules:
"• A team must have 12-players to start the game. (teams do not need to have a goalie, but 12-
players must be dressed to play and the goal may not be modified or moved in such a case).
• Any forfeited game will be scored as a 10-1 win."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They may have played 10v10, but the team that didn't have enough players forfeited. That is why it is listed as 10-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct-the season this year started a whole week early which overlapped with spring break and Jeff Cup tournament for soccer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct-the season this year started a whole week early which overlapped with spring break and Jeff Cup tournament for soccer.

Jefferson Cup also played a week later this year than last year. We played last year in Jefferson on the 2nd weekend of March 12-14 and skipped this year since it conflicted with lacrosse since a week later.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 1 2022 (2027)

Pride Red 27 vs Cavalier 27
Pride – 8
I think Cavs are a solid team, the best of the “new teams” added to the A division. That being said, Pride should handle them. Both teams out of North. VA so this could be an intense game.

Score: Pride 12-3
I heard Cavs kept it close early. Played out close to what was expected. Cavs are still the top team new to A in my opinion.

Integrity Green 27 vs BLC Blue 27
BLC – 10
Tough matchup for Integrity in Game 1. Not certain if soccer conflicts will change this game, but BLC is a very good team that uses ball control but is capable of scoring in bunches.

Score: BLC 9-3
Sounded like Integrity fought hard, won most of the draws but BLC too much. Integrity may be underrated by some of us.

TLC Red 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
Skywalkers -3
From a competition standpoint, this may be one of the better games of the season. I saw TLC a few times in fall and they look a way off from competing but have a few nice players. Skywalkers needs to show more than the 0-8 team of 2021. I think they do here.

Score: Skywalkers 10-1
This evidently was a forfeit. That's too bad, maybe the TLC commitment isn't there yet to play in A, No 2028 TLC players available?.

M&D Black 27 vs CCLax 27
M&D Black – 17
Both teams won NGLL Championships in 2021, that’s where the similarities end. There’s a few CCLax players that are going to make some plays and get them on the scoreboard but it’s a huge difference in team speed and mentality here. Absurd this is the first of two meetings overt the next few weeks between these teams.

Score: M&D 22-2
This was ugly. I thought I gave them too much with -17, I was wrong. The good news, they play again in a month so CCLax can compare if they improved. Not sure M&D got better from this game.

Hero's White 27 vs Coppermine 27
Coppermine -4
Call me old fashioned, but I think Coppermine is still a solid team. Two years ago, this would be a double-digit victory, and although that won’t be the case now, there’s still a gap. I’m not convinced White got better in the last year.

Score: Coppermine 6-3
I assumed a few more goals but pretty much got the spread right. I heard a few kids out for soccer may have changed things as well. To me, it solidifies Coppermine in playoffs.

NEMS 27 vs MD United 27
MD United – 3
This game means more to MDU, who won’t see very many “easy” games unlike NEMS. Both these teams are evenly matched. Not sure how much “soccer” will change this game, but I’m giving nod to MDU in this.

Score: MD United 9-6
Nailed the spread. Heard NEMS down several key players, they played hard. NEMS goalie kept it from getting out of hand. Solid chance there's a rematch in playoffs.

Overall I think things played out as expected. Not too much knowledge gained. Big slate this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Week 1 2022 (2027)

Pride Red 27 vs Cavalier 27
Pride – 8
I think Cavs are a solid team, the best of the “new teams” added to the A division. That being said, Pride should handle them. Both teams out of North. VA so this could be an intense game.

Score: Pride 12-3
I heard Cavs kept it close early. Played out close to what was expected. Cavs are still the top team new to A in my opinion.

Integrity Green 27 vs BLC Blue 27
BLC – 10
Tough matchup for Integrity in Game 1. Not certain if soccer conflicts will change this game, but BLC is a very good team that uses ball control but is capable of scoring in bunches.

Score: BLC 9-3
Sounded like Integrity fought hard, won most of the draws but BLC too much. Integrity may be underrated by some of us.

TLC Red 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
Skywalkers -3
From a competition standpoint, this may be one of the better games of the season. I saw TLC a few times in fall and they look a way off from competing but have a few nice players. Skywalkers needs to show more than the 0-8 team of 2021. I think they do here.

Score: Skywalkers 10-1
This evidently was a forfeit. That's too bad, maybe the TLC commitment isn't there yet to play in A, No 2028 TLC players available?.

M&D Black 27 vs CCLax 27
M&D Black – 17
Both teams won NGLL Championships in 2021, that’s where the similarities end. There’s a few CCLax players that are going to make some plays and get them on the scoreboard but it’s a huge difference in team speed and mentality here. Absurd this is the first of two meetings overt the next few weeks between these teams.

Score: M&D 22-2
This was ugly. I thought I gave them too much with -17, I was wrong. The good news, they play again in a month so CCLax can compare if they improved. Not sure M&D got better from this game.

Hero's White 27 vs Coppermine 27
Coppermine -4
Call me old fashioned, but I think Coppermine is still a solid team. Two years ago, this would be a double-digit victory, and although that won’t be the case now, there’s still a gap. I’m not convinced White got better in the last year.

Score: Coppermine 6-3
I assumed a few more goals but pretty much got the spread right. I heard a few kids out for soccer may have changed things as well. To me, it solidifies Coppermine in playoffs.

NEMS 27 vs MD United 27
MD United – 3
This game means more to MDU, who won’t see very many “easy” games unlike NEMS. Both these teams are evenly matched. Not sure how much “soccer” will change this game, but I’m giving nod to MDU in this.

Score: MD United 9-6
Nailed the spread. Heard NEMS down several key players, they played hard. NEMS goalie kept it from getting out of hand. Solid chance there's a rematch in playoffs.

Overall I think things played out as expected. Not too much knowledge gained. Big slate this weekend.

3 interesting games

BLC V Pride. Best game of the weekend. This could be a close back and forth. Expect a lot of solid D

Hero's V MDU. Hero's always solid. Can MDU start putting it together and play like last years team

M&D V Coppermine. Can Coppermine build on last weekend and put a disappointing fall in the rear view.

Add into the equation of NEMS getting all of their players on the field and maybe the real season begins this weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 2

MD United 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's Green -6
Hero's has played well in this matchup in the past, and I'm not sure anything has changed to effect that. Could be close in first half before Hero's pulls away.

CCLax 27 vs Hero's White 27
Hero's White -7
We need to see if CCLax can bounce back. Hero's really can't afford to go 0-2 at this point and this is a must win game.

Cavalier 27 vs Stars Light Blue 27
Cavalier -3
This may shock a few people, I just got a feeling Cavs take this game. Another NoVa matchup here.

TLC Red 27 vs LBC 27
LBC -13
May be a bit high but I expect LBC to come out hard and not let up, and TLC has shown us nothing so far, I'm just expecting a big gap here.

NEMS 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
NEMS -11
NEMS will want to move on from last week and they get a great team to take out frustrations. Skywalkers can make a statement just keeping this thing from getting away.

M&D Black 27 vs Coppermine Black 27
M&D -9
I saw the summer matchup and it was ugly. We will see how much fight Coppermine has. M&D averaging 22 pts a game is tough for them.

BLC Blue 27 vs Pride Red 27
BLC -3
If Pride won, I wouldn't fall out of my chair. Both teams I feel continue to get a bit underrated. BLC should pull out in the end. A Pride win puts them squarely into playoff scenario.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 2

Hero's Green -6
Hero's has played well in this matchup in the past, and I'm not sure anything has changed to effect that. Could be close in first half before Hero's pulls away.

Hero's White -7
We need to see if CCLax can bounce back. Hero's really can't afford to go 0-2 at this point and this is a must win game.

Cavalier -3
This may shock a few people, I just got a feeling Cavs take this game. Another NoVa matchup here.

TLC Red 27 vs LBC 27
LBC -13
May be a bit high but I expect LBC to come out hard and not let up, and TLC has shown us nothing so far, I'm just expecting a big gap here.

NEMS -11
NEMS will want to move on from last week and they get a great team to take out frustrations. Skywalkers can make a statement just keeping this thing from getting away.

M&D -9
I saw the summer matchup and it was ugly. We will see how much fight Coppermine has. M&D averaging 22 pts a game is tough for them.

BLC -3
If Pride won, I wouldn't fall out of my chair. Both teams I feel continue to get a bit underrated. BLC should pull out in the end. A Pride win puts them squarely into playoff scenario.

I gotta say, these seem pretty spot on. I can't detest.

But for the sake of parity, give me BLC to win by 1. MDU losing by only 3. But in reality, I think you're accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL 2027 Week 2

Hero's Green -6

Hero's White -7

Cavalier -3

TLC Red 27 vs LBC 27
LBC -13

NEMS -11

M&D -9

BLC -3

Got to say I laughed when I first saw this last year but now look forward to seeing these. Whoever does these is pretty accurate and has been over the past year. Hopefully one of the non top two can play “St Peters” this weekend and pull off the upset. Doubt it but hoping.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm down last week as BLC didn't cover. Give Integrity credit for battling. Going to double down and take Pride + 3 this week. I think this could be a close one. I'll add Stars +3 to the parlay but not really sure how this one will play out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My pick of the week: Skywalkers +11

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel like Pride has been under the radar, didn't do a lot of tournaments in the fall. Huge statement game for them. Last time I saw them, I was struck by how many tall girls they had on the team. Wonder if they will still appear physically more developed or if some teams caught up. 7th-8th grade these girls can really grow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel like Pride has been under the radar, didn't do a lot of tournaments in the fall. Huge statement game for them. Last time I saw them, I was struck by how many tall girls they had on the team. Wonder if they will still appear physically more developed or if some teams caught up. 7th-8th grade these girls can really grow.

IT'S CALLED holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how much can I bet on Heros White -7? Line should be closer to 12 or 14. M&D scored 22 and could have had 30 if they wanted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions

Heros G 11, MDU 6 MDU a bit underrated and heros still feeling each other out; probaby nip and tuck for a half
Heros W 18, CC Lax 4 Really depends on how much Heros W plays its starters. Big dropoff on their second line. Could see it closer if Heros calls off dogs early
Cavalier 11, Stars 5 Best player on the field will be the Stars goalie. Next 6 or 7 best players will be on Cavalier who get their first A win.
LBC 12, TLC 4 TLC will win alot of draws which will keep the margin to single digits
NEMS 14, SW 9 SW's offense is much improved, especially with #80; problem is, I'm not sure they can stop anyone
Pride 6, BLC 5 Will likely be played at BLC's tempo, but Pride wins too many draws. If Vegas offered a total, i'd definitely go under.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions

Heros G 11, MDU 6 MDU a bit underrated and heros still feeling each other out; probaby nip and tuck for a half
Heros W 18, CC Lax 4 Really depends on how much Heros W plays its starters. Big dropoff on their second line. Could see it closer if Heros calls off dogs early
Cavalier 11, Stars 5 Best player on the field will be the Stars goalie. Next 6 or 7 best players will be on Cavalier who get their first A win.
LBC 12, TLC 4 TLC will win alot of draws which will keep the margin to single digits
NEMS 14, SW 9 SW's offense is much improved, especially with #80; problem is, I'm not sure they can stop anyone
Pride 6, BLC 5 Will likely be played at BLC's tempo, but Pride wins too many draws. If Vegas offered a total, i'd definitely go under.

Agree with Pride probably winning. Friend of mine has daughter on BLC and they’re still without their best middie who is injured.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions

Best parlay here is Stars taking the points. Did Cavalier get bought by a team we don't know about or added a whole new team? They just got throttled by Pride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions

Best parlay here is Stars taking the points. Did Cavalier get bought by a team we don't know about or added a whole new team? They just got throttled by Pride.

They didn't get throttled. They lost 11-3 and it was a 3 or 4 goal game in the middle of the 2nd half.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions

They didn't get throttled. They lost 11-3 and it was a 3 or 4 goal game in the middle of the 2nd half.

Good to know we have a new talking point around scores and close games. 11-3 is considered a close game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how much can I bet on Heros White -7? Line should be closer to 12 or 14. M&D scored 22 and could have had 30 if they wanted.

That CCLax M&D Game went down hill quick, and I think it was over before it was started. Hero's White is not close to M&D, and I don't see the game getting that out of hand. Remember, Hero's White won 1 game in 2021 I believe. CCLax has a few good players that honestly could play on any A team in NGLL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
12-3 according to Tourney Machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My predictions

I like the debate and differences of opinion here.
Re: TLC, is it they have a great draw player or do you think LBC has issues with DC?

I try to avoid mentioning individual girls but I guess since its positive, its fine. where did #80 come from? A previous club? Was she playing up?

Page 33 of 112 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard