BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 73 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 72 73
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tilts is going to be the NYSR Nassau County Coach?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

At least according to the website, Tilts is coaching the team that will play in the 23 division (a combo 23/24 I assume team as there weren't very many 23s at tryout)

Breves is the coach for the team in the 24 division

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At least according to the website, Tilts is coaching the team that will play in the 23 division (a combo 23/24 I assume team as there weren't very many 23s at tryout)

Breves is the coach for the team in the 24 division

I don’t think the website is up to date. The Suffolk team still says Volpe but we were told by a friend she was moved to Nassau. We’re happy that Tilts and Breves will be coaching our daughter if she makes a team. Either team is a good option and either coach we are happy with. We’ve met them both and have enjoyed our experiences with them. At tryouts the girls all seemed to know them both by name and said hello to them in passing. At the end they both introduced themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the Suffolk tryouts were fine, my daughter enjoyed her experience and was excited to make the team. There wasn’t much coaching involved, more small field 7v7 and full field play. We don’t play for the “ Big Club” and felt tryouts were fair considering which kids made the team.

Who are the 24 coaches for Suffolk?

I know Curcio is the 2024 Only (A team) coach

Is that why most of that 24 team is YJ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is great these girls will be exposed to playing with new coaches and new players they may not have worked with before. It will make them better in the end. We haven't played with the suffolk coaches but are looking forward to it!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the Suffolk tryouts were fine, my daughter enjoyed her experience and was excited to make the team. There wasn’t much coaching involved, more small field 7v7 and full field play. We don’t play for the “ Big Club” and felt tryouts were fair considering which kids made the team.

Who are the 24 coaches for Suffolk?

I know Curcio is the 2024 Only (A team) coach

Is that why most of that 24 team is YJ?

I'm sure you will find that most of the suffolk NYSR team is YJ, Legacy, and 91 as they primarily attract suffolk kids. Suffolk players mostly play for those three clubs, so you'd assume the suffolk team would mostly be those kids. The nassau NYSR kids will probably be more of a mix of FLG, Liberty, Empire, Jesters, YJ, but very few legacy kids. I don't think it was favoritism by the coaches. There were numerous people evaluating so it was probably fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious with this comment? The coaches are amazing. People have stayed because of them.

Exactly! Lots of happy kids and parents on 2024 team 91. And isn’t that really all that matters.

Thank god you are fixing the problems from last year. It was tough to watch your sideline when we played you.

Team was toxic. Sometimes it’s just removing one bad egg and that’s what we believe happened. Now we have a new director and head coach and things are much better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious with this comment? The coaches are amazing. People have stayed because of them.

Exactly! Lots of happy kids and parents on 2024 team 91. And isn’t that really all that matters.

Thank god you are fixing the problems from last year. It was tough to watch your sideline when we played you.

Team was toxic. Sometimes it’s just removing one bad egg and that’s what we believe happened. Now we have a new director and head coach and things are much better.

We were on the team before and are still on the team and this is inaccurate. While the team this year is doing well, this statement is outrageous. Our team was extremely close and happy last year. There was not a single complaint about other players or the coaching staff. Both of our coaches last year were phenomenal despite one leaving mid-year for health reasons. Coaches this year are also doing the best they can with what is given to them. While I don't appreciate what our ex teammates are saying about our team now, anyone on the team last year knows what a special experience it isn't fair to that group of girls and what they had to talk poorly about something you were not a part of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On Saturday night they said the invites would go out today. Fingers crossed it's soon! The suspense is killing our family!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are you all finding things to send your kids to? We didn't even know NYSR was a thing...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are you all finding things to send your kids to? We didn't even know NYSR was a thing...

Coaches tell us usually or we see it on social media

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches tell us usually or we see it on social media

What accounts do you need to be following?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about UA150, there’s a cost for this as well, is it worth it?

How was Ua chosen? Not a single player on our team made it.

Very subjective. Application process which should include recs from your daughter's coaches. Also can submit video. 6 from our team made it. 2 were waitlisted, then got in. One of the waitlisted was the best on the team. Not sure how she didn't make it immediately. 2 girls that made it really shouldn't be going, but I guess I'll have to see how the rest of the talent is there once the combine starts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's coaches (91) post the information on a Google Classroom they made for the kids and parents and they send out information about showcases, prospect days and select team tryouts on a regular basis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about UA150, there’s a cost for this as well, is it worth it?

How was Ua chosen? Not a single player on our team made it.

Very subjective. Application process which should include recs from your daughter's coaches. Also can submit video. 6 from our team made it. 2 were waitlisted, then got in. One of the waitlisted was the best on the team. Not sure how she didn't make it immediately. 2 girls that made it really shouldn't be going, but I guess I'll have to see how the rest of the talent is there once the combine starts.

We had 3 make it. All three are very good players. A few waitlisted that I thought should have been selected. Some clubs had none, so I guess count your club lucky if they had any this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of YJ girls accepted to Nassau navy as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's coaches (91) post the information on a Google Classroom they made for the kids and parents and they send out information about showcases, prospect days and select team tryouts on a regular basis.

Our jesters team does it this way as well. Google classroom organized by dates of events or application/tryout dates and then teamsnap is used for tournaments and practices

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Our jesters team does it this way as well. Google classroom organized by dates of events or application/tryout dates and then teamsnap is used for tournaments and practices

This is a great idea! Kudos to these two programs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jesters rule !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great idea from these clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 teams for each age group at American select. What a money grab for CR !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Jesters rule !!!

Have to love the excited lax dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 teams for each age group at American select. What a money grab for CR !

Maybe a nice retirement home coming her way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a great idea! Kudos to these two programs!

I agree ! 2 clubs that are very similar in rankings, recruiting and players are now sharing credit for an idea on BOTC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curcio 2024 Suffolk navy
? 2024/2023 Suffolk Gray
Tilts 2024 Nassau Navy
Brevas 2024/2023 Nassau Gray

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No college coaches in attendance last year. Competitive games for Nassau and Suffolk, fun for the girls to all see and play each other but otherwise nothing to write home about. Spread over three days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No college coaches in attendance last year. Competitive games for Nassau and Suffolk, fun for the girls to all see and play each other but otherwise nothing to write home about. Spread over three days.

At the tryuts they lax journal said they already have coaches registered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would imagine college coaches would want to go to that.? New York is known for good lacrosse players and being there are 500+ colleges fielding lacrosse teams, that would be a good place to go check out some good players for their teams! I think you will see a lot of different college coaches there, this year. They should post some that are attending , if they are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curcio 2024 Suffolk navy
? 2024/2023 Suffolk Gray
Tilts 2024 Nassau Navy

WHO?!?!

I know Curcio but the other 2 don’t quite ring a bell

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would imagine college coaches would want to go to that.? New York is known for good lacrosse players and being there are 500+ colleges fielding lacrosse teams, that would be a good place to go check out some good players for their teams! I think you will see a lot of different college coaches there, this year. They should post some that are attending , if they are?

They’re not going. They have a plethora of summer events which feature the girls they’re interested in. LI is a minor part of that. Look at the college rosters and open your eyes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They’re not going. They have a plethora of summer events which feature the girls they’re interested in. LI is a minor part of that. Look at the college rosters and open your eyes!

Just to be invited is an honor. Trust me, feeling a little disgruntled? Have a Snickers ...you seem angry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, someone is glass half empty today! Not just talking top 20 D1 colleges here. There are plenty of other colleges who are in need of lacrosse players. With over 500 colleges with teams and 20,000+ players playing in college now. They are always looking for girls! New York is def. Still considered “one” of the top states for girls lacrosse. I’m sure they are looking at NY girls to fill roster spots. They would be smart to attend the NYSR event! Not everyone looking for the top 20 player either. Get over yourself and off your high horse! Good luck to “ALL” the girls in finding a place to play in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curcio 2024 Suffolk navy
? 2024/2023 Suffolk Gray
Tilts 2024 Nassau Navy

WHO?!?!

I know Curcio but the other 2 don’t quite ring a bell

Sorry but this is not a priority based on what I’m reading. No substance. Why would college coaches want this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you and your club director have different ideas of best players on your team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you and your club director have different ideas of best players on your team.

Events like under amour, american select, NYSR, etc are an honor if youre making the first team. So the top AS team, NYSR Navy, UA150, Underarmour spotlight vs command, etc. Being selected to a 2-4th team is not as great. Its the same concept as being a clubs A team versus B or C team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Events like under amour, american select, NYSR, etc are an honor if youre making the first team. So the top AS team, NYSR Navy, UA150, Underarmour spotlight vs command, etc. Being selected to a 2-4th team is not as great. Its the same concept as being a clubs A team versus B or C team.
NYSR is for fun only. Went last year and my daughter had a blast. But no real coaches to be seen. Maybe if you are looking to go to Albany you might get lucky if they walk over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NYSR is for fun only. Went last year and my daughter had a blast. But no real coaches to be seen. Maybe if you are looking to go to Albany you might get lucky if they walk over.
If you make the top team of American Select you are probable a top recruit. That team is stacked!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you make the top team of American Select you are probable a top recruit. That team is stacked!

Is there going to be a 2023 American Select team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there going to be a 2023 American Select team?

Doubt it. Better girls will do UA if anything. And as far as being a top recruit if you made the black team. Not true. There will probably be about 5 top recruits on that team. Look at last years team. Only a few girls went to top (20) programs. But don’t take my word for it…you will see I’m right next fall.

Page 58 of 73 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard