BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 144 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well from what I've seen they are doing the right things to get better. It is not always about being #1. Just the best you can be.

Wecwill see at Hofstra tournament who the best girls team is! Good luck to all, have fun!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tob gun is going to win it all at Hofstra

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes this weekend will prove once and for all which teams in each age group should be considered the best on long island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what nobody is at that tournament .Yellow Jackets are not their if tob gun can beat them then i would say they were the best for that day.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
tob gun is going to win it all at Hofstra
what nobody is at that tournament .Yellow Jackets are not their if tob gun can beat them then i would say they were the best for that day.
Are you having a keyboard malfunction?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know how Express did at the Legacy tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was not impressed with the Express girls teams this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Terps lost in finals. Were up big but couldn't hold lead. Goalies didn't play well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2019 terps team, are there 2 or was it the wolverines?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2019 Terps lost in finals. Were up big but couldn't hold lead. Goalies didn't play well.

Nice comment about a rising 7th grade kid. I am sure your kid was awesome, not the issue, right?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did they play against?
Which 2019 terps team, are there 2 or was it the wolverines?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it the goalies did bad. You probobly weren't even there . How about giving the credit to the opposing team for finding the strength and momentum to stage a great comeback . Nice job Laxachussettes .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it was the attack that didn't play well as the ball obviously wasn't in the offensive end. But it also must have been the middies who didn't play well as the opponents brought the ball past both the attack and middies. Wait, maybe the defense didn't play well since they didn't stop the opponent after the attack and middies failed. Then again maybe they just lost to a better team all around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
team effort on both sides , don't blame a goalie blame the whole team then , Blame the coaches for not adjusting their game plan during the game as the momentum changed . Good for the winning team to be able to play harder when they were down and get back into a game on a most likely 95 degree day after having played most of the day . congratulations to the 11-12 year old's on a game well played and losing to the kids isn't the end of the world it teaches them as well. In both winning and losing there are lessons to be learned use them to get better. Shame on the parents who only base a season on wins and loses , you are in for a long haul with your 11-12 year old if that's all it's about . Look back at the end of the season regardless of win's & loses did my kid get better did he improve does he go to his left and catch and throw better , did his lacrosse I.Q. grow does he see the field better . on defense does he play stronger . Overall did he become a better player in the setting he was in for the year . Parents get past the bragging of my kids on so and so's team and they are the best . And look to see if your kid improved this is one of the huge problems in youth lacrosse today .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well from what I've seen they are doing the right things to get better. It is not always about being #1. Just the best you can be.

Wecwill see at Hofstra tournament who the best girls team is! Good luck to all, have fun!

Express girls had a very rough tournament again. They are not getting the talent or the coaching. We are done and moving on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
team effort on both sides , don't blame a goalie blame the whole team then , Blame the coaches for not adjusting their game plan during the game as the momentum changed . Good for the winning team to be able to play harder when they were down and get back into a game on a most likely 95 degree day after having played most of the day . congratulations to the 11-12 year old's on a game well played and losing to the kids isn't the end of the world it teaches them as well. In both winning and losing there are lessons to be learned use them to get better. Shame on the parents who only base a season on wins and loses , you are in for a long haul with your 11-12 year old if that's all it's about . Look back at the end of the season regardless of win's & loses did my kid get better did he improve does he go to his left and catch and throw better , did his lacrosse I.Q. grow does he see the field better . on defense does he play stronger . Overall did he become a better player in the setting he was in for the year . Parents get past the bragging of my kids on so and so's team and they are the best . And look to see if your kid improved this is one of the huge problems in youth lacrosse today .

Very well said!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very well said!!

Why is someone with a brain on this tread? don't you know it is for self absorbed numbskulls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, excellent attitude indeed, unfortunately the people who run these "elite" organizations may not be as philosophical about it.

Very well said!!

Why is someone with a brain on this tread? don't you know it is for self absorbed numbskulls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving on!? How about sticking to a commitment? Show a little loyalty. Express Girls are starting up and it will take time. I would rather be part of a growing program than just go run with a program just for winning. It is a quality program with some great kids. The coaches are young players that are committed, and quality people. Players are the key to any winning team. When people realize it is better to play on a top Express team,than a 3rd or 4th level Yellow Jackets team, things will change. Express needs loyalty, commitment, and positivity. Hey LeBron, take the easy road. It is too hard to stay with us. I'm staying put and proud of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving on!? How about sticking to a commitment? Show a little loyalty. Express Girls are starting up and it will take time. I would rather be part of a growing program than just go run with a program just for winning. It is a quality program with some great kids. The coaches are young players that are committed, and quality people. Players are the key to any winning team. When people realize it is better to play on a top Express team,than a 3rd or 4th level Yellow Jackets team, things will change. Express needs loyalty, commitment, and positivity. Hey LeBron, take the easy road. It is too hard to stay with us. I'm staying put and proud of it.

Lets stick with the facts.

Express girls are "starting up?" They have been around as long as the boys. Maybe o e year less. In the early years they were good and girls were committed but Express was not committed to them.

Your daughter is on the top Express team because she could not make the top team at any of the better clubs. Please show me one real tournament that the Express girls have won recently.

Your kids may be great kids and that is great. You are also right that the coaches are young players; however, that does not make them good coaches and it shows.

You are a boys program geared towards boys. Girls come second.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You LI Express coaches and directors parents and players for another great summer of travel lacrosse!!! I had a chance with two sons playing to be at different age tourns this summer and saw a lot of great kids and families enjoying the experience! Nice to witness and saw good sportsmanship by the teams I had a chance to see play each other. Thanks again !! Now Im off to the pool!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express Girls is currently rebuilding . In 3 years they should be at the same level that TG is now in their 4 th year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express Girls is currently rebuilding . In 3 years they should be at the same level that TG is now in their 4 th year.

I just heard a rumor last night that the express girls program might be folding. Did anyone else hear that, or know if there's any truth to it at all? I seriously doubt it...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just heard a rumor last night that the express girls program might be folding. Did anyone else hear that, or know if there's any truth to it at all? I seriously doubt it...

Too much money involved. Won't fold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Girls is getting GOOD!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Girls is getting GOOD!

Nice Pot stirring. 91 girls have not won a single meaningful tournament. Neither has LI Express. Down at U15's and heard a lot of grumbling about Express girls program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Team 91 Girl's 2017 team won the Long Island Lax Fest, BEATING Express 2017 TWICE!--which were both BLOWOUT games! What do you mean by meaningful? A WIN IS A WIN, and you're too blinded to see that. Long Island Express is BY FAR worse--they came in second to last place in the entire tournament..Team 91 is an up and coming program, and they truly do have talent on their side..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awkward because Team 91 Girls is BY FAR better then Express..was at the Long Island Lax Fest the past weekend with the GC team and saw some truly amazing playing coming from the 91 2017 Girl's team! A well deserved championship win! THIS is a team that is up and coming but its making its mark throughout the east coast..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the boys 2021 Express teams who are the coaches (and backround), Where do they practice, How much is it if you make the team and what do you get for that money? Any info would be helpful to me. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the boys 2021 Express teams who are the coaches (and backround), Where do they practice, How much is it if you make the team and what do you get for that money? Any info would be helpful to me. Thanks.

Very very competitive , they run 4 middy lines, playing time is sparse for some of those players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very very competitive , they run 4 middy lines, playing time is sparse for some of those players.

Thanks...How much playing time does the defense get? I assume they have six players there. I heard they hold 26 on the team but were going to lower that number next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just saw the same rumor on 2017 girls thread, about Express Girls folding...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks...How much playing time does the defense get? I assume they have six players there. I heard they hold 26 on the team but were going to lower that number next year.
26+ players means less playing time and less reps in practice. something to question for top dollar price.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just saw the same rumor on 2017 girls thread, about Express Girls folding...

Anybody know if there's any truth to it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is something better to questioned and think about....

As with every one of these travel lax programs, the play time and touches is yours to take advantage of. It is not PAL. Remember, the structure is not a 'get what you pay for', but a 'get what you put in'. That's where 'worth' comes onto the playing field. Get the value with your own actions.

If you're at practice, you learn the plays on offense, the slides on defense, etc. The athlete gets better as the year progresses.

But just like any team sport, I would think the effort, skill, and player reliability are key factors. That's the structure. If you're not at practice, you slip, and begin to miss a few things. And I'm sure not all the practices of any of the teams in this age group had 100% attendance, and therefore, plenty of play time and touches were available. And in reality, the kids are so young to be concerned with counting touches, don't you think? (btw, the roster is about 22)

These are competitive teams (Express, 91, Igloo, Team LI, etc)...that always like to move forward, but IT IS an overall team effort throughout the season. Some pick up, where others dropped off. Every one...parent, player, coach, director...contributes to the success (or failure) of the season, no matter the size of the roster. If you're at practice and learn what the coaches need, it helps. If you're not, it's doesn't, your money. If the time management of the coaches doesn't utilize players during every minute of practice, and some kids sit and watch...that hurts as well.

It's the CHOICE of everyone involved in any program, from top to bottom. BUT, no matter the program, teams eventually become a 'group think' with 'group behavior'...where high expectations become the norm, or the lack of involvement become an expectation.

And any given day can be different. If everyone is there all the time, learning the same stuff, the bench can go deep. But 'all the time' doesn't happen, as it's not a perfect world. We all miss some practices and games. Players miss practice. Coaches miss practice. Because we all should have lives outside lacrosse, especially at this age level!

Athletes make an awesome play, coaches call the wrong play, refs make errors...any combination you like. In sport, there is always a factor of human error based on decisionS that are made by everyone...one day a team is great, the next it falters. The best teams minimize the error.

THAT IS WHY IT IS TEAM SPORT. THAT IS WHY IT IS INTERESTING. THAT IS WHY IT IS FUN!

If you're concerned about play time, roster numbers, or counting touches...call the director of the program, the coach of the team, or get a pitch back. Don't rely on the opinions in forums that can be full of hate and deceit...or real truths that may be hard to decipher...mine included.

Just find the team that fits your definition of sport...and one that is ultimately best for your young athlete and family lifestyle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is something better to questioned and think about....

As with every one of these travel lax programs, the play time and touches is yours to take advantage of. It is not PAL. Remember, the structure is not a 'get what you pay for', but a 'get what you put in'. That's where 'worth' comes onto the playing field. Get the value with your own actions.

If you're at practice, you learn the plays on offense, the slides on defense, etc. The athlete gets better as the year progresses.

But just like any team sport, I would think the effort, skill, and player reliability are key factors. That's the structure. If you're not at practice, you slip, and begin to miss a few things. And I'm sure not all the practices of any of the teams in this age group had 100% attendance, and therefore, plenty of play time and touches were available. And in reality, the kids are so young to be concerned with counting touches, don't you think? (btw, the roster is about 22)

These are competitive teams (Express, 91, Igloo, Team LI, etc)...that always like to move forward, but IT IS an overall team effort throughout the season. Some pick up, where others dropped off. Every one...parent, player, coach, director...contributes to the success (or failure) of the season, no matter the size of the roster. If you're at practice and learn what the coaches need, it helps. If you're not, it's doesn't, your money. If the time management of the coaches doesn't utilize players during every minute of practice, and some kids sit and watch...that hurts as well.

It's the CHOICE of everyone involved in any program, from top to bottom. BUT, no matter the program, teams eventually become a 'group think' with 'group behavior'...where high expectations become the norm, or the lack of involvement become an expectation.

And any given day can be different. If everyone is there all the time, learning the same stuff, the bench can go deep. But 'all the time' doesn't happen, as it's not a perfect world. We all miss some practices and games. Players miss practice. Coaches miss practice. Because we all should have lives outside lacrosse, especially at this age level!

Athletes make an awesome play, coaches call the wrong play, refs make errors...any combination you like. In sport, there is always a factor of human error based on decisionS that are made by everyone...one day a team is great, the next it falters. The best teams minimize the error.

THAT IS WHY IT IS TEAM SPORT. THAT IS WHY IT IS INTERESTING. THAT IS WHY IT IS FUN!

If you're concerned about play time, roster numbers, or counting touches...call the director of the program, the coach of the team, or get a pitch back. Don't rely on the opinions in forums that can be full of hate and deceit...or real truths that may be hard to decipher...mine included.

Just find the team that fits your definition of sport...and one that is ultimately best for your young athlete and family lifestyle.

What in the world are you talking about??? Summer lax used to be, and should never be, more than a vehicle to improve the players game!!! Nothing more, nothing less. Is your son better today than he was when he started? That should be the measure of success... I promise you, in five years from now, you will not remember how many tourns your kids team won. News flash, as they get older and play in front of the coaches, no one cares who wins the games... Least of all the coaches recruiting!! Let this guide you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe you are supporting what I said, but I spelled it out differently. Most likely in a flurry without reading it through. Apologies.

So what am I talking about, you ask?

There have been questions about coaching, about the number of players on rosters, the cost of the program, about touches on defense (of all positions), and playtime. About a 2021 team! It's ridiculous.

The posters earlier in the thread are fishing for answers about the program. For all I know, the original poster is also trying to learn more about the youth lax community and system. And that's what I expanded the conversation to be about.

Some of the answers, given to the original poster, I think, are inaccurate. I tried summing it up to be as realistic as possible. Pretty poorly I guess. My post was my assessment of the different aspects involved in this crazy youth sports world, specifically lax, on LI.

I was merely stating you get what you put in in to it. Don't expect to get better by shelling out some dough. Don't expect to get better if you don't show up to practice. Don't expect to play if you are not there to know how the team functions. That is a harsh reality.

It's what you put into it. Really, who cares about touches for a 2021 team?...And talk about playtime?...come on...Playtime is directly related to being on the practice field and improving. It always has been. Hey, even when we wore those tight polyester shorts in high school.

Reality check: It's not equal play like PAL. If you're not there for practice, it's gonna affect the team. It will definitely affect playtime. The CHOICE is your to make. The commitment is yours. All for the sole purpose of fun, improvement, and competition. Yes, improving. I agree. Like the days of old.

And when one poster flatly states "26+ players means less playing time and less reps in practice. something to question for top dollar price." or "4 middy lines" to rouse the forum, it drives me insane. They are, in fact, inaccurate statements. I guess I fell hook line and sinker. Sorry everyone.

I was trying to help one poster weave their way through the ever so difficult youth lax world, today, not what it used to be. I agree it used to be about improving. But today, not only is it about improving, but also competition, and unfortunately, business.

BTW, I never once mentioned anything about the number of wins, as that means nothing to me. I wrote that narrowing down errors in different facets of the game make a team better. From player, parent, coach and director. That's not a new sport philosophy and certainly not far fetched. It's the reality of these programs in today's competitive lax world. They are trying to find that magical combination.

AND, I mentioned nothing about tourneys.

New News flash: I don't even have college coaches or recruitment on the radar, nor was it mentioned. So I don't know how that was brought into play. What are you talking about? But to go on your train of thought...I'm thinking about grades, math and science...and using the state schools. Anyone expecting to be recruited and scholarship'd are fooling themselves. Any family who has money for private schools these days, you took a better path than I...congrats.

Faith and family first. Education second. Sports further down the line.

I'll quit the jabber. Sorry if I ruffled feathers. And more importantly, apologies if my writing is not clear. Too much coffee I guess. I'm done and in the future will keep my opinions to myself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe you are supporting what I said, but I spelled it out differently. Most likely in a flurry without reading it through. Apologies.

There have been questions about coaching, about the number of players on rosters, the cost of the program, about touches on defense (of all positions), and playtime. About a 2021 team! It's ridiculous.

The posters earlier in the thread are fishing for answers about the program. For all I know, the original poster is also trying to learn more about the youth lax community and system. And that's what I expanded the conversation to be about.

Some of the answers, given to the original poster, I think, are inaccurate. I tried summing it up to be as realistic as possible. Pretty poorly I guess. My post was my assessment of the different aspects involved in this crazy youth sports world, specifically lax, on LI.

I was merely stating you get what you put in in to it. Don't expect to get better by shelling out some dough. Don't expect to get better if you don't show up to practice. Don't expect to play if you are not there to know how the team functions. That is a harsh reality.

It's what you put into it. Really, who cares about touches for a 2021 team?...And talk about playtime?...come on...Playtime is directly related to being on the practice field and improving. It always has been. Hey, even when we wore those tight polyester shorts in high school.

Reality check: It's not equal play like PAL. If you're not there for practice, it's gonna affect the team. It will definitely affect playtime. The CHOICE is your to make. The commitment is yours. All for the sole purpose of fun, improvement, and competition. Yes, improving. I agree. Like the days of old.

And when one poster flatly states "26+ players means less playing time and less reps in practice. something to question for top dollar price." or "4 middy lines" to rouse the forum, it drives me insane. They are, in fact, inaccurate statements. I guess I fell hook line and sinker. Sorry everyone.

I was trying to help one poster weave their way through the ever so difficult youth lax world, today, not what it used to be. I agree it used to be about improving. But today, not only is it about improving, but also competition, and unfortunately, business.

BTW, I never once mentioned anything about the number of wins, as that means nothing to me. I wrote that narrowing down errors in different facets of the game make a team better. From player, parent, coach and director. That's not a new sport philosophy and certainly not far fetched. It's the reality of these programs in today's competitive lax world. They are trying to find that magical combination.

New News flash: I don't even have college coaches or recruitment on the radar, nor was it mentioned. So I don't know how that was brought into play. What are you talking about? But to go on your train of thought...I'm thinking about grades, math and science...and using the state schools. Anyone expecting to be recruited and scholarship'd are fooling themselves. Any family who has money for private schools these days, you took a better path than I...congrats.

I'll quit the jabber. Sorry if I ruffled feathers. And more importantly, apologies if my writing is not clear. Too much coffee I guess. I'm done and in the future will keep my opinions to myself.

$3000+ next summer? Is that a joke, rumor or does anybody know that for a fact?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you have a shorter opinion next time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$3000+ next summer? Is that a joke, rumor or does anybody know that for a fact?

If you add the tuition this year plus all of the additional training fees throughout the year it is already over 2k.

Like Reply Quote
Page 52 of 144 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard