Originally Posted by Anonymous
team effort on both sides , don't blame a goalie blame the whole team then , Blame the coaches for not adjusting their game plan during the game as the momentum changed . Good for the winning team to be able to play harder when they were down and get back into a game on a most likely 95 degree day after having played most of the day . congratulations to the 11-12 year old's on a game well played and losing to the kids isn't the end of the world it teaches them as well. In both winning and losing there are lessons to be learned use them to get better. Shame on the parents who only base a season on wins and loses , you are in for a long haul with your 11-12 year old if that's all it's about . Look back at the end of the season regardless of win's & loses did my kid get better did he improve does he go to his left and catch and throw better , did his lacrosse I.Q. grow does he see the field better . on defense does he play stronger . Overall did he become a better player in the setting he was in for the year . Parents get past the bragging of my kids on so and so's team and they are the best . And look to see if your kid improved this is one of the huge problems in youth lacrosse today .

Very well said!!