BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,688
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 69 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What grade based tournaments do your sons play where the team plays at the grade of the YOUNGEST player on the team??????? Seems like, in MD, anyway, the team has to play based on the oldest player on the squad for GRADE based tournaments.

The rule for all tournaments is that the team has to play to their oldest player. In reality I know for a fact that a lot of teams play to their youngest player.

For example if a team this summer is split evenly between rising 9th and 8th graders they will play all their tournaments as an 8th grade team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is important to show the brackets because when you actually read them you find out very few if any people are cheating.

In grade based tournaments teams go with the highest grade of their players. Comments to the contrary are attempts to spark controversy.

In age based tournaments it is nearly impossible for teams to cheat with the exception of 7th grade/U13 and 5th grade/U11. The two year age cutoff for US Lacrosse makes it so.

Also, following up a bunch of inflammatory statements with the words "case closed" does not actually close the case!!!

I don't live in Maryland, but the obsession you NY folks have with that state and the supposed ubiquity of "older" kids per grade is beyond bizarre.

Not bizarre, nut job. If all tournaments go age based and verified by birth certificate, this whole argument goes away. MD teams have been doing this garbage for years... It's a fact, not an obsession. Also, to the guys who keep posting the U age brackets... Stop. The problem is in grade based tournaments, teams drop down to lowest grade on the team. (i.e. U-15 into 2017)grade repeaters and hold back teams have huge advantage. Where I come from, that's cheating, and until the sport does something about it certain teams from certain states will continue to game the system. Case closed!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many rising 9th graders will have to leave their club team to play for a school program this year? Will that change the rosters on any of the top teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how many of the 2017 kids on these teams are 1998 birth year or older

Pathetic how many kids are held back because of a sport

That's a pathetic statement. Why are you making judgment on personal decisions. There are plenty of reasons kids repeat and not just what you stated. But the bottom line is that it's no ones business. You're silly little jabs are not going to help your kid be a better player by bashing all the standout players in his grade. Nor is it going to get him to look better if you keep complaining. Good luck and hopefully you will do the right thing by your son and help him become a better player so he can make the teams he aspires for.

Why is this such a difficult question to answer? (wasn't my post but, just wondering)There are different reasons for kids to repeat or start late, etc. but, when comparing "apples to apples" at the 13/14/15 year old athletic level, it can't be done when you bring in a team filled with 15/16 year olds playing against 13/14 year olds. It really should be everyone's "business" on a youth sport field. There should be age requirements, not graduation years at the younger levels. Throwing jabs, making excuses, boasting that your 15/16 year old won a 2017 tournament is, sadly, what this forum has become. IDK why it is so difficult for people to say when their kids are born.

Because the truth is sometimes difficult. The only way to solve this is to go to an age based system in the pre-high school years such as the U15 championship run by US Lacrosse. We just need a few other high profile events to change in that direction and eventually it will become the norm. But starting in the high school years - it has to be by graduating class becuase of the recruiting aspect. But at the youth levels, it should always be by age.

15/16 yr olds as 2017's seems a little exaggerated. I get your point with the lack of fairness? Really? So when your kid is of the recruiting age, which is scary close to the 2017's, are you going to complain to the D1 coaches that it's not fair that your Johnny is 3 inches shorter and 30 lbs lighter then his peers and that he should recruit your son because that would be the fair thing to do? Give it a break and get a reality check. This past weekend my 14 yr old's 2017 team played against kids with full and really long beards that said they were 2016!!! Guess what? No one complained that it wasn't fair - they dug deep and played and won. So stop complaining and just stick to a less competitive arena if you and your son can't handle it.

Thanks for the suggestion but, I don't need a reality check. 15/16 year old is not an exaggeration when you have a 9/97 kid that was put into a prep school for a year & will now enter the 9th grade to graduate in 2017. It happens all of the time. As one poster stated, look @ the UNC roster. Again, I will ask why it is so difficult for people to say when their child was born? If you aren't doing anything wrong, it shouldn't be a problem. My son is a very mature looking 14 year old, who through the years has been questioned regarding his age & we have always answered the question.

IDK why you seem so angry or why you would suggest my son couldn't handle it & seek a less competitive arena. You have no idea who he is or what team he plays for. I never said my son didn't "step up" or "Man up" or whatever "Manly" thing you would like to call it. You said yourself that your 14 year old played kids with beards & were 2016!! The question was asked & everyone skirts the issue. I was just wondering why. As for complaining to the D1 coach, that just wouldn't happen, silly question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps Black beat several maryland teams plus beat Dukes.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No player should be forced to play for their summer town team. There is an obvious conflict of interest when high school coaches are bullying kids to play for them (and pay them!) in the summer with the threat of benching them in the Spring. At some point the school's administration and county conference directors should be made aware of this behavior. In any other business, it's considered extortion.

How many rising 9th graders will have to leave their club team to play for a school program this year? Will that change the rosters on any of the top teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What Maryland team did they beat this year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it a rest. Why do you need to post that your sons team won a tournament? MANY teams have won tournaments this summer. Are you waiting for the LI Rankings to be posted by someone's father again? (because that definitely means its official:)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team that is a split grade/age team plays by the youngest grade or age? Come on I don't believe you. Maybe if they had 2 or 3 older boys but the team was "MAINLY" young I could see it happen. Don't like that it might but could see it. But a team that is 1/2 one age/grade and 1/2 another I cant see adults being so irresponsible.

What grade based tournaments do your sons play where the team plays at the grade of the YOUNGEST player on the team??????? Seems like, in MD, anyway, the team has to play based on the oldest player on the squad for GRADE based tournaments.

The rule for all tournaments is that the team has to play to their oldest player. In reality I know for a fact that a lot of teams play to their youngest player.

For example if a team this summer is split evenly between rising 9th and 8th graders they will play all their tournaments as an 8th grade team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No player should be forced to play for their summer town team. There is an obvious conflict of interest when high school coaches are bullying kids to play for them (and pay them!) in the summer with the threat of benching them in the Spring. At some point the school's administration and county conference directors should be made aware of this behavior. In any other business, it's considered extortion.

Express has been doing this for years with kids going to St. Anthony's. Very few have had the guts to stray and play for clubs other than the Express. That's as wrong as it gets.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how many of the 2017 kids on these teams are 1998 birth year or older

Pathetic how many kids are held back because of a sport

That's a pathetic statement. Why are you making judgment on personal decisions. There are plenty of reasons kids repeat and not just what you stated. But the bottom line is that it's no ones business. You're silly little jabs are not going to help your kid be a better player by bashing all the standout players in his grade. Nor is it going to get him to look better if you keep complaining. Good luck and hopefully you will do the right thing by your son and help him become a better player so he can make the teams he aspires for.

Why is this such a difficult question to answer? (wasn't my post but, just wondering)There are different reasons for kids to repeat or start late, etc. but, when comparing "apples to apples" at the 13/14/15 year old athletic level, it can't be done when you bring in a team filled with 15/16 year olds playing against 13/14 year olds. It really should be everyone's "business" on a youth sport field. There should be age requirements, not graduation years at the younger levels. Throwing jabs, making excuses, boasting that your 15/16 year old won a 2017 tournament is, sadly, what this forum has become. IDK why it is so difficult for people to say when their kids are born.

Because the truth is sometimes difficult. The only way to solve this is to go to an age based system in the pre-high school years such as the U15 championship run by US Lacrosse. We just need a few other high profile events to change in that direction and eventually it will become the norm. But starting in the high school years - it has to be by graduating class becuase of the recruiting aspect. But at the youth levels, it should always be by age.

15/16 yr olds as 2017's seems a little exaggerated. I get your point with the lack of fairness? Really? So when your kid is of the recruiting age, which is scary close to the 2017's, are you going to complain to the D1 coaches that it's not fair that your Johnny is 3 inches shorter and 30 lbs lighter then his peers and that he should recruit your son because that would be the fair thing to do? Give it a break and get a reality check. This past weekend my 14 yr old's 2017 team played against kids with full and really long beards that said they were 2016!!! Guess what? No one complained that it wasn't fair - they dug deep and played and won. So stop complaining and just stick to a less competitive arena if you and your son can't handle it.

Thanks for the suggestion but, I don't need a reality check. 15/16 year old is not an exaggeration when you have a 9/97 kid that was put into a prep school for a year & will now enter the 9th grade to graduate in 2017. It happens all of the time. As one poster stated, look @ the UNC roster. Again, I will ask why it is so difficult for people to say when their child was born? If you aren't doing anything wrong, it shouldn't be a problem. My son is a very mature looking 14 year old, who through the years has been questioned regarding his age & we have always answered the question.

IDK why you seem so angry or why you would suggest my son couldn't handle it & seek a less competitive arena. You have no idea who he is or what team he plays for. I never said my son didn't "step up" or "Man up" or whatever "Manly" thing you would like to call it. You said yourself that your 14 year old played kids with beards & were 2016!! The question was asked & everyone skirts the issue. I was just wondering why. As for complaining to the D1 coach, that just wouldn't happen, silly question.

Not sure I agree with you or the previous poster, but I have a problem with people wanting to know things that are none of their business - like your mature looking son's age. That's pathetic and in my opinion it's usually the people who's kid isn't that good and they need an excuse for that. Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i know a parent sending his kid to repeat the 8th grade to a prep school that cost about $40k per year....
pay me now or pay me later...

Smartest thing I've read on this board so far!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hearing about Baltimore teams "recruiting" some boys from LI to play next summer...heard about Crabs and also heard FCA is starting a LI chapter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i know a parent sending his kid to repeat the 8th grade to a prep school that cost about $40k per year....

The same kid will probably do a PG year at a prep school after HS and enter college as a 20 or 21 year old freshman.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your such a tool to say it is "none of my business" to know the age of the boys lining up across from my son are valid. It is absolutely MY BUSINESS as a parent to know the situation I am putting my child in.

I am not sure each parent need to personally know the age of the opposition's players, but someone of authority (on the opposing teams should) i think parents need to know that the ages were validated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your such a tool to say it is "none of my business" to know the age of the boys lining up across from my son are valid. It is absolutely MY BUSINESS as a parent to know the situation I am putting my child in.

I am not sure each parent need to personally know the age of the opposition's players, but someone of authority (on the opposing teams should) i think parents need to know that the ages were validated.

It sounds like you should stick to the town rec league for your son, or perhaps bowling or chess club. Beat it, whiney complainer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day the market is what it is. If clubs are controlled by coaches in high school there will inevitably be abuses. No one will stand up to it though for fear of being benched. Once their kids are out of school they dont care anymore.

Reality is less than 1 percent of kids who play high school athletics go on to play in college. Dreams die hard though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like you should stick to the town rec league for your son, or perhaps bowling or chess club. Beat it, whiney complainer

Again, such an arrogant statement. "Town rec or bowling"? Come on! Kids at younger ages should be placed against kids of the same age. Stop being such a "tough guy" (we know you never played a sport in your life)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

I am not sure each parent need to personally know the iage of the opposition's players, but someone of authority (on the opposing teams should) i think parents need to know that the ages were validated.

So true! And I ask whiny complainer - who are you going to complain to when jr is a freshman in college as a 17 yr old playing against 24 yr olds???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hearing about Baltimore teams "recruiting" some boys from LI to play next summer...heard about Crabs and also heard FCA is starting a LI chapter.

had not heard about this. Interesting. With the 2017's going to only summer play in HS, anyone willing can basically play for whatever team they want. Everyone usually ends up at the same major tournaments anyway, it is just a matter of what uniform you have on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

I am not sure each parent need to personally know the iage of the opposition's players, but someone of authority (on the opposing teams should) i think parents need to know that the ages were validated.

So true! And I ask whiny complainer - who are you going to complain to when jr is a freshman in college as a 17 yr old playing against 24 yr olds???

And yet another moron chimes in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I

And yet another moron chimes in

Stop with the name calling - are you 5? Open up you're eyes and actually try to understand this board. What they are sounding isn't far from the truth?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same kid will probably do a PG year at a prep school after HS and enter college as a 20 or 21 year old freshman.

What's your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And now your condemning pgers?? Sounds like your time was or is up as your son's club coach and now either or both of you are getting run over by the latest generation of lax players. Better hop aboard cause that train is leaving the station!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the motto of this board on all these issues should be WWCD ..(What would Channy Do) he has the answer for everything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not hearing that but hearing more kids bypassing clubs altogether and using the time/money to play in more individual recruiting showcases. Eliminates the backlash from the clubs for missing practices and club tournaments in favor of a more targeted approach. I think over time the clubs are becoming less relevent as more and more showcase events for individual players pop up and more college coaches hold college specific propsect days etc.. Something to think about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs are good through 8th grade. After that your better off doing your own thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just to inform you for the next rankings, GC went undefeated at Patriot Games and won each game by at least 6. They are now done for the summer,However, players attending private schools will not be allowed to try out in the fall. and GC has played fl$ twice and has beaten them twice.

GC loses 2 defenseman and 3 middies as they are all going to Chaminade. 2 of the 3 middies didn't play at all while both defensemen started. It will be interesting to see how they do next year

No great loss...thentwo D men were second string when GC gets back three club team D men; two of who were on the winning Brine national championship team Long Island north and 3 who were at Jake Reed; two of which were on same team that went undefeated, scored 80+goals and gave up less than 20 goals. Those two players did not come off the field except for water.

GC will more than make up for the attrition to the private schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not hearing that but hearing more kids bypassing clubs altogether and using the time/money to play in more individual recruiting showcases. Eliminates the backlash from the clubs for missing practices and club tournaments in favor of a more targeted approach. I think over time the clubs are becoming less relevent as more and more showcase events for individual players pop up and more college coaches hold college specific propsect days etc.. Something to think about.

Spot on, that!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for Baltimore teams recruiting NY kids, get over yourself. God, you guys are obsessed with Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anything to minimize these GREEDY clubs is a positive for the player and the parents that pay the bills!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As for Baltimore teams recruiting NY kids, get over yourself. God, you guys are obsessed with Maryland.

Given the belief that Maryland plays down, does that mean the MD teams are "recruiting" LI 2016's for the 2017 teams?? Isn't that the usual argument around here?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is MadLax considered a top Maryland team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express has been doing this for years with kids going to St. Anthony's. Very few have had the guts to stray and play for clubs other than the Express. That's as wrong as it gets.

That comment is just not true anymore. Players from the privates have played for other clubs such as Team LI,Jesters and fl$, Be the Best not all Express. 91 is new at the HS age level so you will see more there now as the current 2017 and 2018 get older.This has been more common in the most recent years. The more programs that pop up the more the talent pool is getting diluted. So only one or two top talent teams in each organization, the players that don't make those rosters will always be looking for other options.
The face of these organizations is changing, as coaches are leaving and more players are looking for the best new team. No loyalty on either side and the land of options and choices is increasing. More Dads with the money available are buying new options for their kids and friends and you will see an increase in start up teams and facilities,camps trainers while we all chase that D1 coach to grab our kid!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Given the belief that Maryland plays down, does that mean the MD teams are "recruiting" LI 2016's for the 2017 teams?? Isn't that the usual argument around here?

surely the oldest kids they can put on the lowest grade based team would be the strategy...especially how MD teams go by the grade you coming out of not going into!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

surely the oldest kids they can put on the lowest grade based team would be the strategy...especially how MD teams go by the grade you coming out of not going into!!!

This post is a perfect example of the educational background of most of the LI parents on this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree WWCD....cash only:)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For any 2017 parent that sent child to Jake Reid last year (went to Flordia for 3dcamp and then were chosen to participate in July)-

What were the costs and what were your experiences? Worth the time and money? Or pass and wait a year for an invite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just to inform you for the next rankings, GC went undefeated at Patriot Games and won each game by at least 6. They are now done for the summer,However, players attending private schools will not be allowed to try out in the fall. and GC has played fl$ twice and has beaten them twice.

GC loses 2 defenseman and 3 middies as they are all going to Chaminade. 2 of the 3 middies didn't play at all while both defensemen started. It will be interesting to see how they do next year

No great loss...thentwo D men were second string when GC gets back three club team D men; two of who were on the winning Brine national championship team Long Island north and 3 who were at Jake Reed; two of which were on same team that went undefeated, scored 80+goals and gave up less than 20 goals. Those two players did not come off the field except for water.

GC will more than make up for the attrition to the private schools.

Mean thing to say about kids, you should see a DOCTOR for your angry issue and your delouisional issue, oh wait...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Financially with going down to Florida it cost myself about 2k and another 500 for md . My son enjoyed both parts. No invites for 8 th graders have to play yourself in.

Like Reply Quote
Page 66 of 69 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard