BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 227 of 268 1 2 225 226 227 228 229 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What clubs are the SA & Chaminade boys on?

Every club. People think it’s mostly Express, it’s not. In my opinion, the best player on the varsity at St As this year is from Igloo and the best player on Chaminade is from Express.

Agreed ..
He's only on Igloo because he has to be. That 2023 Igloo team has been a S Show for years. There are only a few kids who stayed because they play for free. Best kids left for real coaching at LIE and 91
Its generally helpful in life if you have your facts straight!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club. People think it’s mostly Express, it’s not. In my opinion, the best player on the varsity at St As this year is from Igloo and the best player on Chaminade is from Express.

Agreed ..
He's only on Igloo because he has to be. That 2023 Igloo team has been a S Show for years. There are only a few kids who stayed because they play for free. Best kids left for real coaching at LIE and 91

I saw that Igloo had 16 kids commit already. It couldn't be that much of a s-show. I know that some kids left over the years, The few that I do know left for petty reasons. (my Opinion) The Grass is always greener thing. My son did not play for them so I'm looking from the outside in. They obvislouly did something right to get that many kids to commit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdbacks go to St. Anthony's and the smart kids go to Chaminade regardless of club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People wonder why Long Island gets such a bad rap. You are literally the worst parents in all of lacrosse. It is not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are entitled to your opinion. However. the majority of starters from St A and Chaminade are from Express and 91. Yes, there are a few on other clubs but the coaching connections with those clubs and schools is undeniable.

That wasn’t the question, it was what clubs are they on. Not what clubs the starters are on.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are entitled to your opinion. However. the majority of starters from St A and Chaminade are from Express and 91. Yes, there are a few on other clubs but the coaching connections with those clubs and schools is undeniable.

That wasn’t the question, it was what clubs are they on. Not what clubs the starters are on.

They are on multiple clubs the majority are Express and 91. Go to inside lacrosse commitment page and look up St. A and Chaminade. Most of the players are listed and the club that they play for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they were asking about kids who will never see the field?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because they were asking about kids who will never see the field?

Pathetic parents; Their apples don't fall too far from their tree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdbacks go to St. Anthony's and the smart kids go to Chaminade regardless of club.

Go to inside lacrosse commitment page and look up St. A and Chaminade, looks like St A's has the smart kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony's - Syracuse, Adelphi, Army, Holy Cross, Fairfield, Boston U, X2 Sacred Heart, Salve Regina, X2 North Carolina, Penn State, Providence, X3 Harvard, X2 Navy, UMass, Vermont, Michigan, Johns Hopkins, Maryland

Chaminade - Duke, Penn, Williams, Air Force, Oberlin, Monmouth, Brown, X3 Navy, Notre Dame, Richmond, Boston U, Johns Hopkins, Lafayette, Army.

Very Impressive..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St Anthony's - Syracuse, Adelphi, Army, Holy Cross, Fairfield, Boston U, X2 Sacred Heart, Salve Regina, X2 North Carolina, Penn State, Providence, X3 Harvard, X2 Navy, UMass, Vermont, Michigan, Johns Hopkins, Maryland

Chaminade - Duke, Penn, Williams, Air Force, Oberlin, Monmouth, Brown, X3 Navy, Notre Dame, Richmond, Boston U, Johns Hopkins, Lafayette, Army.

Very Impressive..

Or you could stay at your public school and have 3 kids go top 20 D1, and have pride in their home town. Don’t understand the need to spend all that money and time to go to the private schools when there is great lax and academics at most also publics. I’m also not too impressed with many of those commits, has definitely dropped off from past years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Impressive..

Or you could stay at your public school and have 3 kids go top 20 D1, and have pride in their home town. Don’t understand the need to spend all that money and time to go to the private schools when there is great lax and academics at most also publics. I’m also not too impressed with many of those commits, has definitely dropped off from past years.

There is not great lax and academics at most public schools. I believe there are over 100 public HS on Long Island maybe 10 have great academics and lax. The cost to live in many of those districts far exceeds the cost of St A’s or Chaminade. That said even districts like Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor, Garden City, Ward Melville, Smithtown (s) have kids that choose to go to the catholic schools. To each his own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Impressive..

There is not great lax and academics at most public schools. I believe there are over 100 public HS on Long Island maybe 10 have great academics and lax. The cost to live in many of those districts far exceeds the cost of St A’s or Chaminade. That said even districts like Manhasset, Cold Spring Harbor, Garden City, Ward Melville, Smithtown (s) have kids that choose to go to the catholic schools. To each his own.

Hey, to each their own. Mine stayed local at a competitive Suffolk school. All three recruited to to top 20 lax schools. Two to top 10 academic, other one to top 30 academic, better lax. Everyone has their own path, but that path can be easily recognized at public schools, which I personally admire more. Hek, the projected top D1 player this season is from SWR not Chaminade or St. A!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how scheduling for Nassau publics will go this year? Last year was good. Had conferences and scheduling based on quality rather than school size. Pequa, Syosset, Port, F'dale, GC, South Side, etc played each other and then for playoffs went to traditional A, B, C. That is much better than having F'dale play Valley Stream, Manhasset play Roslyn, etc. No disrespect to those teams but it's better for everyone to play games against team of similar quality rather than just similar school size. Hopefully that how they do it again this year.

Last year was terrible imo. Conference play only was a huge water of time. Not seeing the strong public schools play vs St A and Chaminade stunk as well.

St A's and Chaminade JV teams will beat 99% of Public Schools Varsity teams. This year its not even close.

Let me guess, your son is on the Chaminade JV. Thanks for the insightful nonsense, it was very valuable

The SA JV team would beat 60%. We played them and are a bubble Suffolk A playoff team and beat them, not by much, but the age and size difference showed. Every player was at least decent with some studs. Teams with no depth past their first lines will probably have a hard time with them.

Wrong they didn't have any of the Soph's only Jr's and Sr's that where not away playing for there club team.

The absolute silliness of this thread is incredible. I seriously question the age of posters on here. Like are you guys like in like 8th grade? Pretty pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Impressive..

You don't understand the choice to instill: Faith, Discipline and Valves? who cares about lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Impressive..

You don't understand the choice to instill: Faith, Discipline and Valves? who cares about lacrosse.

Lol, so you’re suggesting that public school kids don’t have faith discipline or values? Should I remind you of some recent incidents that occurred at both St. As and Chaminade involving both staff and students that displayed a total lack of those traits? You’re attitude is exactly what’s wrong with society.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Impressive..

Lol, so you’re suggesting that public school kids don’t have faith discipline or values? Should I remind you of some recent incidents that occurred at both St. As and Chaminade involving both staff and students that displayed a total lack of those traits? You’re attitude is exactly what’s wrong with society.

Never suggested anything about public schools you did, I listed reason to attend private school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Impressive..

Never suggested anything about public schools you did, I listed reason to attend private school.

I will give you the faith and discipline part, however the values are just not there. I am a product of Catholic school. The lack of values that I witnessed is beyond comprehensible. They just did a great job of covering it up. As the poster above stated, they had some scandals that have gotten out to the public. How many have they been able to keep quiet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Impressive..

Parents send their kids to private schools - it is their choice and their money. Whether you want to admit it or not - the majority of kids in private school have families that are invested in their future. More than you can say about the overall student population in public. Sure - you get great successful kids that graduate public You also have more bottom feeders. You can't deny it. It is a parent's choice to insulate their kid from that if they want to. Who's to say if it is the right choice? Them. Their money. Their kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Impressive..

They didn’t suggest anything, they gave reasons for their choice.

What attitude are you talking about?

Why do some people care where others choose to send their kids to school? Free country, people can choose to live where they want, go to school where they want, work where they want etc…. It’s their business and very strange that others care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Impressive..

Why do some people care where others choose to send their kids to school? Free country, people can choose to live where they want, go to school where they want, work where they want etc…. It’s their business and very strange that others care.

Why does anyone care? All this has become is a "mine is better than yours". It all started with the silly obsession with which club team is better. Remember, lacrosse is a niche sport, it has no future, ESPN has reruns of the World Strongest Man from 10 years ago before they show a current top 10 lacrosse game. We may love it but stop obsessing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very Impressive..

Why does anyone care? All this has become is a "mine is better than yours". It all started with the silly obsession with which club team is better. Remember, lacrosse is a niche sport, it has no future, ESPN has reruns of the World Strongest Man from 10 years ago before they show a current top 10 lacrosse game. We may love it but stop obsessing.

Many I know use lacrosse to get into the best school possible, network, get a good job, have fun, develop friendships, learn some life lessons, get all of the benefits that go along with playing a team sport, develop good habits that will benefit you in life etc... I would say lacrosse can help one to have a very bright future.

I will never understand why some people care about how others choose to spend their money or where others choose to sent their children to school .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When St. Anthony's starts sending more kids to Harvard than Chaminade, there is a problem in Mineola.

Harvard coach is Chaminade alum!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When St. Anthony's starts sending more kids to Harvard than Chaminade, there is a problem in Mineola.

Harvard is woke. I'd never send my kid there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell me a school that isn’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell me a school that isn’t.

Wow, you stay sleeping dude! Let the world pass yOu by!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah a lot of top schools are woke but Harvard brings that whole thing to a new level. The athletes are afraid to wear their sport specific apparel, they are shunned by the faculty and other students alike. Multiple athletic scandals in recent past (widespread cheating etc) are only part of this reason. The lacrosse coach is a virtue signaler - good miss all around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah a lot of top schools are woke but Harvard brings that whole thing to a new level. The athletes are afraid to wear their sport specific apparel, they are shunned by the faculty and other students alike. Multiple athletic scandals in recent past (widespread cheating etc) are only part of this reason. The lacrosse coach is a virtue signaler - good miss all around.

It's not just the top schools but those are the only schools that get national attention, nobody cares about no name schools but they are woke as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will take some Wokeism for a degree from Harvard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does the Club really matter? From CSH '20:
Express A (4) -Wesleyan, Fairfield, Dartmouth, Not playing in college
91 Crush (1) - Michigan
Igloo (7) - Harvard, Bucknell, Geneseo, Fairfield (via FDU), 3 not playing
FLG (2) - Army, Amherst (both playing football and lax)

All four programs had double digit D1 placements. Club team rank really doesn't matter other than for childhood memories. The top five LI clubs will always have multiple D1 recruits as well as D3 players as well as kids that do not get recruited to play in college or make it even if they did... Enjoy the ride and make sure your kid is enjoying it. And, there were plenty of other D1 recruits that year from Express B, Turtles, True Blue and I'm sure others I'm missing...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Almost every IVY will corrupt your kids mind. Sad state in America.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just about every school (k-12 included) has a liberal/woke agenda it’s just that only the schools that are known nationally get the press.

If you kid has the grades and is a good enough athlete to be offered a spot at an Ivy it would be foolish to not give serious consideration to the opportunity.

From what I have seen, Princeton is the best Ivy for athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, that’s rich! Wait, more like the people who go to Ivy will be rich! notIntelligent DAF statement. It doesn’t sound like you or your kids would ever have the academics to get into an Ivy!!! Your gene pool sounds shallow, maybe even empty! People like you are the sad state of America! Fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The minds of these kids are corrupted before stepping foot into an IVY league school. Not all, but the majority of the kids attending the IVY league school come from lineage rooted within IVY school system. That said, where a kid attends school only matters to the ones who care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will take some Wokeism for a degree from Harvard.

I definitely wouldn't pay 70k+ per year to send my kid to an institution which fosters mediocrity and entitlement with non merit based achievement outside of test scores.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The minds of these kids are corrupted before stepping foot into an IVY league school. Not all, but the majority of the kids attending the IVY league school come from lineage rooted within IVY school system. That said, where a kid attends school only matters to the ones who care.

“Lineage rooted in Ivy school system”!? Sounds like Your lineage is rooted in the RN system! Have your kid Go to Alabama and have fun and Maybe even Florida ! They can work for the Ivy League kids companies later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“Lineage rooted in Ivy school system”!? Sounds like Your lineage is rooted in the RN system! Have your kid Go to Alabama and have fun and Maybe even Florida ! They can work for the Ivy League kids companies later.

The so call Ivy league kids wouldn't know what work is even if it smacked them in the face. Typical response from a typical type of person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read this somewhere and saved it. Think its spot on
A team-first attitude starts at home. Unfortunately, so does a me-first attitude. If you want to change the world, go home and eliminate entitlement. Teach how to love, serve, and care. Show how to be humble and respond to adversity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
—— “The so call Ivy league kids wouldn't know what work is even if it smacked them in the face. Typical response from a typical type of person.” —

———————————————————————
The above post brings new meaning to the word ignorant.

So, the kids that bust their @$$ in the classroom and get the grades necessary to be considered by Ivy coaches and these same kids who work their tail off on the field and in the weight room and are given consideration from the coaches at some of the best lacrosse programs in the nation do not know about work.

Do you realize just how foolish you sound?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read this somewhere and saved it. Think its spot on
A team-first attitude starts at home. Unfortunately, so does a me-first attitude. If you want to change the world, go home and eliminate entitlement. Teach how to love, serve, and care. Show how to be humble and respond to adversity.

Ummmmm OK? So, how do you feel about diversity? You left that out! Hmmmm Go home and eliminate ignorance!

Like Reply Quote
Page 227 of 268 1 2 225 226 227 228 229 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard