BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,851
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 226 of 268 1 2 224 225 226 227 228 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
According to preseason seeds, it appears South Side is moving to C and Cold Spring Harbor to D.
All based on enrollment numbers. They should just go to a super conference. Back in the day (80's) you played everyone to earn the LIC

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to preseason seeds, it appears South Side is moving to C and Cold Spring Harbor to D.
All based on enrollment numbers. They should just go to a super conference. Back in the day (80's) you played everyone to earn the LIC

Either that or have the conferences based power points where some teams would move up or down on a given year. Would love to see a true A conference with Manhasset, GC, Syosset, Farmingdale, Massapequa, CSH, Port. then add a couple of others based on performance.
The way it is now, it looks as if the A conference will play out like last year. The same 4 teams will be in the semi's. B Conference is all GC there is no one to challenge them. It's going to be a battle for 2nd place between Macarthur, Calhoun and Maybe Carey. If Manhasset and CSH moved to D then C will be up for grabs. D then comes down to 2 teams with most likely Manhasset on top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about this for a moment. D1 Football allows 85 full scholorships, D1 basketball allows 16, lacrosse is only allowed 12. Why is that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Either that or have the conferences based power points where some teams would move up or down on a given year. Would love to see a true A conference with Manhasset, GC, Syosset, Farmingdale, Massapequa, CSH, Port. then add a couple of others based on performance.
The way it is now, it looks as if the A conference will play out like last year. The same 4 teams will be in the semi's. B Conference is all GC there is no one to challenge them. It's going to be a battle for 2nd place between Macarthur, Calhoun and Maybe Carey. If Manhasset and CSH moved to D then C will be up for grabs. D then comes down to 2 teams with most likely Manhasset on top.

Why not just hold programs accountable to get better? Why does everyone deserve a trophy? Really a sad reflection on whoever thinks the game should be dumbed down so their kid can be in the playoffs. Practice hit the gym and the track. get better. It's no one's fault but the kids who don't have the desire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not just hold programs accountable to get better? Why does everyone deserve a trophy? Really a sad reflection on whoever thinks the game should be dumbed down so their kid can be in the playoffs. Practice hit the gym and the track. get better. It's no one's fault but the kids who don't have the desire.

No one said give everyone a trophy. I took it as it would be more competitive. Watching GC beat Elmont or VS Central is not fun!! No one gets anything out of it. The game is over by the end of the 1st quarter. I would love a true A where the best teams fight it out week in out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about this for a moment. D1 Football allows 85 full scholorships, D1 basketball allows 16, lacrosse is only allowed 12. Why is that?

I guess you didn't take economics in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you didn't take economics in college.

Not every D1 Football or basketball program is self sustaining as a revenue producing sport. Don't need to take an economics course to prove that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey dude who didn’t take economics- which college has a lacrosse team that brings in more revenue than football or basketball teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I’m sure lax brings in the big bucks with all of ten people in the stands!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah I'm sure lax brings in the big bucks with all of ten people in the stands!

The bottom line is, if my kid did not play lax growing up, he would have still entered college, afterward been gainfully employed in a career field in which he invested. Did lax keep him busy and learn teamwork, etc.? Yes. But, in the end, my son grew tired of the sport; at one point, he resented it. He stopped playing after his Freshman year in college, luckily he maintained his grades and transferred to a college specializing in a career field he was initially interested in, that did not offer lacrosse. The school he went to, is in a state where he remained. The sounding area of the school had plenty of hobbies to do in his downtime, and isn't cold in the winter. Finally, the amount of money spent on travel lax and all the add ons, isn't worth it in the end. It's easy to get caught up in all the running around, extra workouts, clinics, traveling out of state. Just remember, it is a business, and there are adult men/women making an excellent living off of our hard-earned money on a dead-end sport.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey dude who didn’t take economics- which college has a lacrosse team that brings in more revenue than football or basketball teams?

Hopkins

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one said give everyone a trophy. I took it as it would be more competitive. Watching GC beat Elmont or VS Central is not fun!! No one gets anything out of it. The game is over by the end of the 1st quarter. I would love a true A where the best teams fight it out week in out.

Elmont and VS need to get better or just fold the program. Best teams fighting it out doesn’t exist anywhere. Look at college football, haves and have nots. Nature of sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bottom line is, if my kid did not play lax growing up, he would have still entered college, afterward been gainfully employed in a career field in which he invested. Did lax keep him busy and learn teamwork, etc.? Yes. But, in the end, my son grew tired of the sport; at one point, he resented it. He stopped playing after his Freshman year in college, luckily he maintained his grades and transferred to a college specializing in a career field he was initially interested in, that did not offer lacrosse. The school he went to, is in a state where he remained. The sounding area of the school had plenty of hobbies to do in his downtime, and isn't cold in the winter. Finally, the amount of money spent on travel lax and all the add ons, isn't worth it in the end. It's easy to get caught up in all the running around, extra workouts, clinics, traveling out of state. Just remember, it is a business, and there are adult men/women making an excellent living off of our hard-earned money on a dead-end sport.

Everyone’s experience is different, plenty of kids do not stop playing, I know many who are still playing in there 50’s 60’s traveling to tournaments all over the country, from Florida, Vail, Lake Placid, Ocean City, Newport, Hawaii etc…

Many kids currently at great schools who continue to play and love the sport and will have great careers in whatever they choose to do after they graduate and will have many friends for life and will continue to play for decades to come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone’s experience is different, plenty of kids do not stop playing, I know many who are still playing in there 50’s 60’s traveling to tournaments all over the country, from Florida, Vail, Lake Placid, Ocean City, Newport, Hawaii etc…

Many kids currently at great schools who continue to play and love the sport and will have great careers in whatever they choose to do after they graduate and will have many friends for life and will continue to play for decades to come.

Just saying, I have not seen any 50-60-year-old lacrosse men's leagues compared to; Baseball, softball, basketball, tennis, golf, football, even hockey. At work, I participate in a 50 and over league playing basketball at the Chelsea Piers during the weeknights.
The lock on the door is only as good as the door frame. The same principle applies to the great schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s because Lacrosse has progressed in a different direction over the last ten years give or take. When my son started twelve years ago colleges were hungry for kids, their were good scholarships for field players and it was not uncommon for Goalies to get full rides! Even four or five years ago in travel kids were getting breaks on tuition in some travel clubs on their elite teams, that’s why they were running two or three teams per grade. The kids on the B or C teams were paying for them! But now the colleges are running fifty plus kids on the team and your kid has to kiss butt to play! They played their favorite sixteen kids and the rest just stand their! College is about getting goods grades and getting a good job! I’ve talked to a lot of kids the last few years that played lax in college and said it wasn’t what they thoughit would be and their favorite years playing was before high school and college!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if you look, it is 12.6 full scholarships. Most non revenue sports have similar numbers. It keeps it fair. If lacrosse could offer 40 full rides, the big football schools would dominate because of it while the small D1 schools would suffer. You kid doesn't play lacrosse to get a full ride at Duke, he plays because he loves the game and maybe he will be able to get into Duke because he is a stud and has good grades. If your son could play D1 football and get a full ride, then he should do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flying with a lacrosse stick? Anyone have any issues doing this? I’ve heard different things. Anyone do this recently? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flying with a lacrosse stick? Anyone have any issues doing this? I’ve heard different things. Anyone do this recently? Thanks

Take the head off and put it in a carry on so it doesn’t get lost. Put the shaft in equipment bag.
You can always buy a new shaft if luggage is lost but you don’t want to have to play with new head or have to get one strung up on the fly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your gonna fly with a lax stick you better flap really hard or your gonna dive bomb!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take the head off and put it in a carry on so it doesn’t get lost. Put the shaft in equipment bag.
You can always buy a new shaft if luggage is lost but you don’t want to have to play with new head or have to get one strung up on the fly.

Just went through this last month; Dallas (IWLCA) from NY.
We did check directly with the airline carry, which specifically states no lacrosse sticks (or hockey) allowed as carry on.
We also tired packing the shaft alone in a carry-on bag, it's too long.
So, we need to check a bag, we disassembled and packed a screw driver in the bag.

I've heard one person suggest that you pop off the head and add some type of handle to a shaft and call it a walking cane.

Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
use a ski bag

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If D1 opportunities are shrinking D2 has some great lacrosse, as does D3.

NIKE/USA LACROSSE
DIVISION II MEN’S TOP 20
1. Le Moyne
2. Lenoir-Rhyne
3. Wingate
4. Tampa
5. Mercy
6. Mercyhurst
7. Seton Hill
8. Indianapolis
9. Belmont Abbey
10. Mount Olive
11. Saint Anselm
12. Adelphi
13. Lindenwood
14. Frostburg
15. Pace
16. Limestone
17. Queens (N.C.)
18. Rockhurst
19. Newberry
20. Lynn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does this moronic statement even mean? Some towns just don't have community lacrosse programs and it's reflected in their hs teams. They can't compete when they are lumped into a division with traditional power schools because of their enrollment numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical, you’re school can’t compete so “dense” it down for them. Don’t try to get better, make it easier for them! This is such a NY attitude these days. I’m sure if you told your son that your ideal plan for lacrosse would be to make sure he wins by getting rid of the competition he would be all in. You want moronic statements, re-read what you posted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how scheduling for Nassau publics will go this year? Last year was good. Had conferences and scheduling based on quality rather than school size. Pequa, Syosset, Port, F'dale, GC, South Side, etc played each other and then for playoffs went to traditional A, B, C. That is much better than having F'dale play Valley Stream, Manhasset play Roslyn, etc. No disrespect to those teams but it's better for everyone to play games against team of similar quality rather than just similar school size. Hopefully that how they do it again this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how scheduling for Nassau publics will go this year? Last year was good. Had conferences and scheduling based on quality rather than school size. Pequa, Syosset, Port, F'dale, GC, South Side, etc played each other and then for playoffs went to traditional A, B, C. That is much better than having F'dale play Valley Stream, Manhasset play Roslyn, etc. No disrespect to those teams but it's better for everyone to play games against team of similar quality rather than just similar school size. Hopefully that how they do it again this year.

Last year was terrible imo. Conference play only was a huge water of time. Not seeing the strong public schools play vs St A and Chaminade stunk as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it’s not. Takes away any incentive to get better. Keep socialist attitudes out of sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year was terrible imo. Conference play only was a huge water of time. Not seeing the strong public schools play vs St A and Chaminade stunk as well.

St A's and Chaminade JV teams will beat 99% of Public Schools Varsity teams. This year its not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St A's and Chaminade JV teams will beat 99% of Public Schools Varsity teams. This year its not even close.

Let me guess, your son is on the Chaminade JV. Thanks for the insightful nonsense, it was very valuable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me guess, your son is on the Chaminade JV. Thanks for the insightful nonsense, it was very valuable

The SA JV team would beat 60%. We played them and are a bubble Suffolk A playoff team and beat them, not by much, but the age and size difference showed. Every player was at least decent with some studs. Teams with no depth past their first lines will probably have a hard time with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs are the SA & Chaminade boys on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The SA JV team would beat 60%. We played them and are a bubble Suffolk A playoff team and beat them, not by much, but the age and size difference showed. Every player was at least decent with some studs. Teams with no depth past their first lines will probably have a hard time with them.

Wrong they didn't have any of the Soph's only Jr's and Sr's that where not away playing for there club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club. People think it’s mostly Express, it’s not. In my opinion, the best player on the varsity at St As this year is from Igloo and the best player on Chaminade is from Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every club. People think it’s mostly Express, it’s not. In my opinion, the best player on the varsity at St As this year is from Igloo and the best player on Chaminade is from Express.

Agreed ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best player on Chaminade is the goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are entitled to your opinion. However. the majority of starters from St A and Chaminade are from Express and 91. Yes, there are a few on other clubs but the coaching connections with those clubs and schools is undeniable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on let’s be real, if your going to St. Anthony’s and you want playing time unless your a super stud you play for Express!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny that the top players from St. A are all 91 players. Get your facts straight sir

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny that the top players from St. A are all 91 players. Get your facts straight sir

Well we know it's not the turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed ..
He's only on Igloo because he has to be. That 2023 Igloo team has been a S Show for years. There are only a few kids who stayed because they play for free. Best kids left for real coaching at LIE and 91

Like Reply Quote
Page 226 of 268 1 2 224 225 226 227 228 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard